Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away (1828 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / (PHOTO) "The Abobaku Of Ooni Of Ife Found And Will Be Buried Alongside The King" / "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by timidapsin(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt24m2goj70tc.8c3facf9.jpg[/img]

First, there were disputes about whether he had really died, then disagreement over the curfew in the state and now the ‘Abobaku’. The Abobaku has reportedly run away after the death of the prestigious Oba. If this is true, it means the final rites on behalf of the deceased Ooni of Ife might be stalled.

According to Yoruba tradition, a king does not die alone. His burial rites include being buried with other people. This is when an Abobaku comes into the picture. An Abobaku lives his life for the king and he is buried alongside the king. In the authentic tradition, just as there is a lineage that become king, there is also always a family dedicated to the ancient belief of dying with the king. An Abobaku also enjoys great benefits while he is still alive.

Source: https://www.naij.com/516054-ooni-ife-abobaku-allegedly-runs-away.html
Cc: lalasticlala Ishilove Afriwap.com
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by timidapsin(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
More to come
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by meimoks(f): 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
why won't he runaway? Who wants to die?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by timidapsin(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
meimoks:
why won't he runaway? Who wants to die?
lol but he enjoyed all the benefits now.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by springtech(m): 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
who wants to die. I no blame the guy man ooo.
Na leg sure pass.

#iamspringtech
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 14, 2015
Someone should educate me pls. So who else is supposed to go with the king
and do they kill them or bury them alive.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 14, 2015
timidapsin:
lol but he enjoyed all the benefits now.

If he stays I will think something is wrong with him
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by Gurgle(f): 9:58am On Aug 14, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

If he stays I will think something is wrong with him

I think he must have sworn an oath to the Ooni so even if he runs away how is he going to defy the promise he made
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 14, 2015
Gurgle:

I think he must have sworn an oath to the Ooni so even if he runs away how is he going to defy the promise he made

He can break it , nuthing will happen
Maybe he was young and was chilling
Took some dumb oath in a fit of youthfullness
Didnt think he would outlive the chief
Now its pay back time.
He must be like 'damn wtf have I done'
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by Gurgle(f): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

He can break it , nuthing will happen
Maybe he was young and was chilling
Took some dumb oath in a fit of youthfullness
Didnt think he would outlive the chief
Now its pay back time.
He must be like 'damn wtf have I done'

Yeah I think he will be ok Wow I wonder how people end up in such deals, very sad sad
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 14, 2015
Gurgle:

Yeah I think he will be ok Wow I wonder how people end up in such deals, very sad sad

I believe it's unhealthy belief in tradition + lack of foresight+plain dumb

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by Gurgle(f): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

I believe it's unhealthy belief in tradition + lack of foresight+plain dumb

Very sad
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by eleko1: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2015
undecided lipsrsealed embarassed sad K'oju ma ribi,gbogbo ara n'ogun re lipsrsealed
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by 19naia(m): 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
I beg, according to tradition, The King is supposed to rule the people as supreme leader. When was the last time a king had power over state and federal revenues, the military, and any other business of substantial leadership over the people?
The king is just a historic relic kept as a matter of heritage and no more to really do what he was historically entitled to do.

So, if king no longer serves his historic purpose of ultimate rule over the people, then how can that be a good example set for Abobaku to serve his historical purpose?
I beg, run abobaku, run well well. The king sef never served his purpose except to just chop the benefits of the title, and he cannot demand of you what he did not set example for in his life. Kingly rule tradition is abolished and so are the kingly powers over other people's lives.
Long live the king and long live abobaku. grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away by springtech(m): 12:46am On Aug 15, 2015
Who wan die. I no blame the guy jooor.

#iamspringtech

(1) (Reply)

Western People Think That Blacks Look Like Apes (video Included) / . / The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.