Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam (1285 Views)

Police Officer In Ibadan Helps Accident Victim / PHOTO: Who Knows This Accident Victim From Anambra / FRSC Officer Returns Money Recovered From Accident Victim (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam by cucumba(m): 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
Even some registered companies and some so called pastors are involved in dupping people all in the name of employing work force in Lagos. I worked with Service Desk Limited which is said to be an out sourcing company but its all but a scam!. The owner was among the you win program by GEJ and she is a first scam and a liar hiding under the covering of being a pastor in our church in Lagos. I was a victim of this scam. It all happened last two months when I was seeking for a job as a graduate who has finished his NYSC program and have come to Lagos for a brighter future. On a fateful last sunday morning of June, an advert for vaccancy was placed on the projector after the service in my church. So, I was happy to apply hoping that it would be wonderful hence I was told that the owner of the company is a pastor. On monday, I negotiated my monthly salary scheme with the MD after my interview and she asked me to start on the July 1st 2015 which I did but, I stopped going to work when I found out that most of the things we do there wasn't straight( she would place an advert and would make us tell our contacts that some companies asked her to recruit 300 people for them and when the poor jobless graduates start coming for the job, she would ask them to pay 5000 each to enable them secure the job whereas there are no job vacancies in view) I asked her one day why must these people pay and she replied ' that's how I make my money' and I told her that its unfair and that it doesn't define integrity. even the way she abuse her workers verbally never show cased her clergy but the height of it was when I went to her to request for my salary and she denied discussing any salary with me. I was so angry but couldn't do my worst until I must have spoken to my pastor first who promised to get another job for me and he said that she has been known for that, also he told me that he never knew she was that bad until he asked some questions about her . He promised that he will make her pay us I.e the fews of us that worked for her in July after the advert in the church. Please help me share this story to you loved one so that they wouldn't fall into her trap.
Re: I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam by ice25(f): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Is Well my dear

she definitely will met her waterloo aomeday

1 Like

Re: I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam by Cope1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
criminals everywhere using d name of God to cover roguish nature

1 Like

Re: I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam by ThePunStar: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam by springtech(m): 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
Operation shine your eyes.

Graduates and all job seekers should in the name of God never pay a dime to anybody in the name of helping you secure a job.
Be wise please.

#iamsprintech

1 Like

Re: I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam by daddynod: 6:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
@cucumber I know Service Desk Ltd because I have worked with and for them. Service Desk is a Business Process Outsourcing company that offers low cost and professional solutions in the area of marketing/sales HR and call centre services to micro, small and medium-sized businesses. You rightly noted that Service Desk was also born out of support from the Federal Government through the You-Win Initiative, hence this business is monitored and regulated accordingly. Consider yourself lucky to have had a personal relationship with the business owner you have just badmouthed and spoken lies about; it could have been a mentorship opportunity for you… I hope you now have a better job and have improved on your English, I mean your writeup could have only passed on Nairaland, not a standardized aptitude test...
Re: I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam by cucumba(m): 7:14am On Apr 04, 2016
Good morning to you all , great people of Naira land. I'm Cucumba the unbeatable destiny. I return all the glory to God Almighty for the gift of life and all that He has done for me. I was so hurt after Kelechi Mba the MD Service Desk Ltd. denied my colleagues and I our salaries after some reasonable months of service and commitment. However, I'm so grateful to God for his grace and provisions which has made me what I'm today. I want to let her know and also let all the people in Naira land know that I have forgiven her even when she doesn't deserve it just the way I don't deserve God's forgiveness whenever I sin against God. I want to encourage all the job seekers in naira land to be prayerful, strong, passionate, focus, hardworking, and faithful with the little things they do because growth is the only constant factor. Above all, maintain integrity and acknowledge Christ in whatsoever that you are doing because, He's the only way, the truth and life.
I'm self employed by the grace of God and an employer of labour today. Shalom!
Re: I Was A Victim Of Service Desk Ltd Job Scam by blead: 11:53am On May 04, 2016
@cucumba slow down on your fairy tales, we all wish you well in your endeavors. I am sure people basically want to know if the company exists or if its a scam. You can simply provide that information. Keep your stories to yourself because EVERY STORY HAS TWO SIDES! Don't use your own one sided story to block other peoples opportunity.
God has forgiven you too.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nigeria: Goodbye And Thank You! / Check How Corrupt Your Mind Is / Gïrls With Fückïng Big Boobs Are ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.