Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,514 members, 7,847,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why Gov. El-rufai, Sen. Shehu Sani Are At War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Gov. El-rufai, Sen. Shehu Sani Are At War (712 Views)

6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani / Why Gov. El-rufai, Shehu Sani Are Fighting / Why I Stepped Down For El-rufai – Sen. Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Gov. El-rufai, Sen. Shehu Sani Are At War by TopCelebritiesM: 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
Gov. Nasir El-Rufai and I are from the same party and he is a governor and I am a senator and he is a technocrat while I’m an activist and a revolutionary. So, my power base is the common people – the masses on the ground. The people are my strength because I lived with them over the years. As far as he (el-Rufai) is concerned, the way he is running the affairs of government in Kaduna State, if care is not taken, we will all sink. He has to take consideration of the fact that you came...Read complete story
Re: Why Gov. El-rufai, Sen. Shehu Sani Are At War by boujaye: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
Shehu like Barcanista is doing a great job, lest El Rufai turn the state to one man show.
Re: Why Gov. El-rufai, Sen. Shehu Sani Are At War by IamPatriotic(m): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
Clicked to see reasonable piece of information,
Re: Why Gov. El-rufai, Sen. Shehu Sani Are At War by Abugab(m): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Why Gov. El-rufai, Sen. Shehu Sani Are At War by Abugab(m): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Shehu just wants to be loud.
El Rufai's banning of beggers led to this statement but Shehu has forgotten that with those people on the streets security is compromised.
By the way, which sensible govt encourages begging?
Instead of Shehu to join forces with the governor to deliver the goods to the people he is encouraging begging and beggers.
Re: Why Gov. El-rufai, Sen. Shehu Sani Are At War by mach7(m): 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
The below bolded is where the issue lies.

Gov. Nasir El-Rufai and I are from the same party and he is a governor and I am a senator and he is a technocrat while I’m an activist and a revolutionary. So, my power base is the common people – the masses on the ground.

Sen. Shehu Sani feels threatened that any potential fallout from Gov El-rufai's policies might rub-off his chances in 2019 (assumption)

Anyway, I think El-rufai is doing the right thing and Sani should just mellow.

1 Like

Re: Why Gov. El-rufai, Sen. Shehu Sani Are At War by psucc(m): 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
El wants a populist government but his policies are rather at variance with his intent.

(1) (Reply)

Adeleke University, Offers Scholarship To 18-year-old Raped Victim / ‘jonathan Shortchanged Buhari Before Handing Over’ / I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.