Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer (44305 Views)

Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) / The Army Jeep Innoson Motors Produced / Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by sparkwil(m): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2015
God bless the southeast.
You can't just beat them when it comes to business

I'm not Ibo so don't quote me foolishly

15 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by sigiyaya(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2015
eliment:
We have other local manufacturer too, it's not only innoson so stop talking about igbo this igbo that.

For your info, proforce is a yoruba owned car manufacturer
Proforce grin grin grin grin grin Pls where in Nigeria can i see the car grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by funkybully(f): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2015
eliment:
We have other local manufacturer too, it's not only innoson so stop talking about igbo this igbo that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2015
Rawani:

Innoson brands his own car. The parts are produced by other companies.

There's a huge difference.

And which car manufacturing company produces its car components 100%?

15 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by kestolove95(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2015
Me buy inoson, I never gt moni to throwey for ibo man fake car

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by Chiaka(f): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2015
o! make im well done. we don hear!
Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by chudyboy05(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2015
FKO81:

Ode! We are talking of indigenous car manufacturing in Nigeria, Mercedes also have assembling plant in Enugu (ANAMCO )
u don't need to quote that tanoid na bad belle him be. He can't understand simple grammar.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by FKO81(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2015
[b]From Spare Parts Trader to Motor Giant: The story of Innoson A reputation for good judgement, for fair dealing, for truth and for rectitude is, itself fortune” – HARRY WARD BEECHER, quoted by Archbishop JV Obinna in honour of ex-Governor Peter Obi and befitting for Chief Innocent Chukwuma Innocent Chukwuma

You will never know the extent of the Innoson enigma until you come closer. By the time you have (as we did) toured the Innoson manufacturing plants, you will realise that right here in Nigeria, is a re-incarnation of a Henry Ford and his types in America, Japan and elsewhere; people who did not obtain fanciful or high-sounding university degrees and yet went on to perform technological feats that changed their immediate environments –and the wider world arena – for good. When our editorial team was about to depart from the premises of the Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) factory in Nnewi, the industrial city of Anambra State, his manager of 25 years standing, Mr Nnamdi Onusogu, warned us not to expect a “giant filling the whole room” when entering into the presence of Chairman of Innoson Group, Chief Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma (OFR) the Okpu Uzu Ndi Igbo N’Ine, a Nigerian Centenary Award winner and winner of the Vanguard Newspapers MOST INNOVATIVE INDUSTRIALIST OF THE YEAR 2013, among 35 other awards, honours and recognitions.

When we walked into the rather spartan corporate suite lodged in the second floor of the three story head office building in Abakaliki Road, Emene, Enugu we found a rather youngish, rough-hewn man sitting behind a modest, cluttered bureau and staring at us with a blank expression as we came through the doorway. He welcomed us and bid us sit down.

Innocent is a weather-beaten, dark complexioned man with a big mark on his right cheek: a man straight from the streets. Nothing about him gives a hint of his billions and chains of manufacturing businesses. Rather, he looks like a typical factory grunt worker; at best a unit foreman.

The furnishing and the airs around his office illustrate the surroundings of a typical Igbo trader, and these are people who are not much into the glitzy shenanigans of corporate “big boys” of Lagos and Abuja.

When he needs to get into his elements, he brings out his snuff box, puts a tincture in his palm and feeds his nose. He is that kind of “local man”. But when he speaks he has a surprisingly mild, unpretentious voice.

In an interview he granted THISDAY on March 1, 2014, Chukwuma explained why he does not have a “big-town” carriage: “I am from Uru village, Nnewi. I have lived all my life at Nnewi. I do my business at Nnewi.

I have not left Nnewi for any other place. Up till now, Nnewi is still the headquarters of my chains of businesses. I started my business at Nnewi. I grew my business to what it is today at Nnewi. I came to Enugu because of the factory that I sited here. Nnewi remains my main base”.

He had on a pair of well-worn blue shorts and a white polo shirt. When he realised we were going to take photos of him, he excused himself, went into the bathroom and emerged a couple of minutes later, dressed in casual trousers and another dull grey t-shirt.

He sat down and told us he was ready. No long protocols or elaborate niceties, but straight to business.

Innocent started as trader but has exited that area and moved into big-time manufacturing. His Group consists of: Innoson Nigeria Ltd, makers of motorcycles and spare parts; Innoson Tech and Industries Ltd, plastics and household items makers; Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM), auto makers and General Tyres and Tubes Co. Ltd, Enugu, which is being run by his 26 year-old son, Nonso.

The plastic factory is the largest of its type in Africa, and produces not less than 150 different items, from motor and machinery parts to office and household necessities. It took us two whole hours to complete the tour of the factory, which is sited at the headquarters in Enugu.

It is a major achievement that such a mega-factory is thriving in a country where foreign multinational companies have been shutting down and escaping to neighbouring countries like Ghana due to unfriendly environment in a country that rates among the lowest in the world in doing business.
[/b]
Read full story......... http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/03/spare-parts-trader-motor-giant-story-innoson/

11 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2015
Rawani:
Peugeot Automobile Kaduna has also been producing world-class vehicles since the 80's.

They are also on the list on Wikipedia.

Check them out http://www.peugeotnigeria.com/

mumu na ur papa get Peugeot and for ur record dat plant z dead and I get am before no follow. #peugeot z a French coy.

6 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by azonto4real(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2015
I never they see the vehicle for the masses possession ooo!
Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2015
eliment:

Proforce?

Is that the name of a rat poison?

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by ojinuocheibi(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2015
If it is for me you guys should have been given you nation since 1967. NUISANCES!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2015
FKO81:

Peugeot is France car manufacturing company, what they do in Kaduna are assembling just like what Mercedes does in Enugu

The only way to build cars is by ''car assembly''. There is no other type of system called ''manufacturing''. Even in France, Peugeot builds its vehicles in car assembly plants there.

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by jude33084(m): 10:35am On Aug 14, 2015
Rawani:

Don't be silly. Peugeot Kaduna is owned by ASD Motors. Do your research.

Peugeot is a French company. Innoson is a Nigerian company.

You can as well have Innoson Ghana if they decide to open a plant in Ghana, that does not make it a Ghanaian company. wink

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by Bobbystanley(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2015
Who is the idiot that deleted my comment because it doesn't favour his tribe?

Bleep U!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 14, 2015
jude33084:

Peugeot is a French company. Innoson is a Nigerian company.

You can as well have Innoson Ghana if they decide to open a plant in Ghana, that does not make it a Ghanaian company. wink
Actually it does. When Ghanaian vehicle output is measured at the end of the year, all vehicles produced in the country will be counted as Ghanaian output, regardless of the companies who made them. South Africa today exports around 300,000 vehicles annually. Most of the companies building the cars are foreign owned - Nissan, Mercedes, Toyota etc, but it matters little.
Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:37am On Aug 14, 2015
ojinuocheibi:
If it is for me you guys should have been given you nation since 1967. NUISANCES!

See this Tiv man.

Run! Run!!

Fulani herdsmen are coming!

10 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by jude33084(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2015
azonto4real:
I never they see the vehicle for the masses possession ooo!

Keep a close watch. I thought same some time ago. Their logo is IVM. Mostly in coastal like buses, SUV and Luxury buses.

They are in Lagos and Benin smiley

6 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by mentorandfriend(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2015
Rise and rise, Nigeria.
Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by kulobyno: 10:39am On Aug 14, 2015
FKO81:

My brother don't mind them it's hard for them to admits that we are leading they are following, for the past 12yrs southeast has been leading in WAEC, NECO, JAMB and federal colleges enrollment, they accused us of exam malpractices, When MDG published their reports on development goals, dumb skulls among them accused Okonjo Iwuala for manipulation, when Gov Fayose was planning to send Ekiti state youths to Onitsha and Aba they were busy insulting him, they will rather die wretched than to serve Igbo business men grin When you travel round five southwestern states you will know they are far behind, excluding Lagos which was developed by Nigerians, foreigners and Ogun side that shares border because of cheap land around there, the interior side are still battling with the days of colonial era, forget their lies and propagandas that's what they are using to cover-up.
Na so

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by Nicepoker(m): 10:40am On Aug 14, 2015
Rawani:
Peugeot Automobile Kaduna has also been producing world-class vehicles since the 80's.

They are also on the list on Wikipedia.

Check them out http://www.peugeotnigeria.com/
is comprehension ur problem?

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by kulobyno: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by bajeen(m): 10:40am On Aug 14, 2015
FKO81:
First black Vice chancellor of University of Ibadan
Prof Kenneth Dike
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Ibadan

Prof Kenneth Dike Nigeria first professor of history, and the founder of national archive

Dr Pius Okigbo first Nigerian PHD in Economics

prof Philip emeagwali inventor of super computer

Prof Okoye first Nigerian professor of physics

Chike Obi first Nigerian professor of mathematicsa, Mathematician famous for his work on non-differential equations won the 1985 ICTP Price

Prof Kodilnye first Nigerian professor of miedicine

Prof Chinua Achebe great writer

Cyprian Ekwensi MFR, a writer of international repute

Emeka Anyaoku first African commom wealth chairman

Prof Ben Enwonwu first Nigerian sculptor of international repute with artwork gracing the United Nations headquarters

Professor Samuel Okoye was black Africa's first PhD in RadioAstronomy who along with Antony Hewish of the University of Cambridge discovered the radio source of Crab Nebula neutron star.

Chief Jerome Udoji a social reformer was the first African to be made a 'D.O' (District Officer) by the Colonial Administration

Chimamanda Adichie Novelist

Gilbert Kodilinye BA(Oxon) MA(Oxon) LL.M(Lond) Barrist -at-Law

Lieutenant-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor, appointed in 2008 by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon as Military Advisor on UN Peacekeeping Operations.

Charles Soludo renowned Economist and fromer CBN Governor

Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy MBE, a London-based visual artist. The first black artist to paint a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II when commissioned to paint the official Golden Jubilee portrai

Francis Akpuaka - a renowned professor of plastic surgery

Eni. Njoku first African black VC university of Lagos

That Emeagwali na 419
Source: http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2010/11/intellectual-419-philip-emeagwali-and.html

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by DFemaleBoss(f): 10:40am On Aug 14, 2015
Awesome! smiley
Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by gdengad: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2015
NIGERIA GOOD PEOPLE GREAT NATION
Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by sparkwil(m): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2015
toideve:

Very dull ibo son

grin grin
Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by chudi55: 10:43am On Aug 14, 2015
Flets:

That is why they have refused to allow true federalism or support Biafra
Yes true if its crime they will say an igbo man but now that its gud invention they will say a Nigerian

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by salveoP(m): 10:44am On Aug 14, 2015
FKO81:

My brother don't mind them it's hard for them to admits that we are leading they are following, for the past 12yrs southeast has been leading in WAEC, NECO, JAMB and federal colleges enrollment, they accused us of exam malpractices, When MDG published their reports on development goals, dumb skulls among them accused Okonjo Iwuala for manipulation, when Gov Fayose was planning to send Ekiti state youths to Onitsha and Aba they were busy insulting him, they will rather die wretched than to serve Igbo business men grin When you travel round five southwestern states you will know they are far behind, excluding Lagos which was developed by Nigerians, foreigners and Ogun side that shares border because of cheap land around there, the interior side are still battling with the days of colonial era, forget their lies and propagandas that's what they are using to cover-up.
No doubt, Igbos are doing well but i strongly believe there are hardworking and lazy people everywhere irrespective of tribe and state. Same old principle still applies to all "have u seen a man skillful at his work? he will appear before kings and not before common men " Diligence pays...

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by lordsbiz(m): 10:44am On Aug 14, 2015
FKO81:
First black Vice chancellor of University of Ibadan
Prof Kenneth Dike
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Ibadan

Prof Kenneth Dike Nigeria first professor of history, and the founder of national archive

Dr Pius Okigbo first Nigerian PHD in Economics

prof Philip emeagwali inventor of super computer

Prof Okoye first Nigerian professor of physics

Chike Obi first Nigerian professor of mathematicsa, Mathematician famous for his work on non-differential equations won the 1985 ICTP Price

Prof Kodilnye first Nigerian professor of miedicine

Prof Chinua Achebe great writer

Cyprian Ekwensi MFR, a writer of international repute

Emeka Anyaoku first African commom wealth chairman

Prof Ben Enwonwu first Nigerian sculptor of international repute with artwork gracing the United Nations headquarters

Professor Samuel Okoye was black Africa's first PhD in RadioAstronomy who along with Antony Hewish of the University of Cambridge discovered the radio source of Crab Nebula neutron star.

Chief Jerome Udoji a social reformer was the first African to be made a 'D.O' (District Officer) by the Colonial Administration

Chimamanda Adichie Novelist

Gilbert Kodilinye BA(Oxon) MA(Oxon) LL.M(Lond) Barrist -at-Law

Lieutenant-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor, appointed in 2008 by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon as Military Advisor on UN Peacekeeping Operations.

Charles Soludo renowned Economist and fromer CBN Governor

Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy MBE, a London-based visual artist. The first black artist to paint a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II when commissioned to paint the official Golden Jubilee portrai

Francis Akpuaka - a renowned professor of plastic surgery

Eni. Njoku first African black VC university of Lagos

am still searching in 3D how this puts garri on your table. People like u are the reasons jesus will definitely come before we see an ibo person become president. Always derailing threads, who told u other tribes dont have achievements, but we not noise makers like some folks. No tribe is an island. We should always learn to integrate for a better nigeria

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer by funkybully(f): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Bad belle must hate. We are above u guys technologically

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Flood Carrying Cars In Edo State / Lewis Hamilton's N6.2billion Car & Motorbike Collection (PIX) / Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.