Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? (1065 Views)

I Need A Volunteer Job In Lagos (ogba, Ikeja, Ojodu, Ojota) / In Need Of A Volunteer/intern Job..,i Hate Being Idle / I Am Willing To Work As A VOLUNTEER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by lawnreigh(m): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
I am a graduate that finished NYSC earlier this year, I graduated with a 2.2 from a reputable university but I've not been able to secure a reasonable job and I want to ask my fellow Nairalanders here how I can get a good Volunteer Job in a good organization where I will be able to build my career while working there instead of been idle

Note: I'm not financially strong and I don't come from a background that can raise reasonable amount of money for me to start business so I think business is out of it for now(though I intend to do it in the nearest future), I said this because of those that will come & be telling tales of how I can be on my own and start a business without money (I don't believe in the school of thought that you can start business without capital). Thanks & all ideas are welcome & appreciated

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by jammani(m): 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
To start with, what did you do with your NYSC money?
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by Cutehector(m): 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ah ah.. Rush enta bank, dey will welcome u with open hands
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by missKiffy(f): 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
K
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by Baddo101(m): 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
lawnreigh:
I am a graduate that finished NYSC earlier this year, I graduated with a 2.2 from a reputable university but I've not been able to secure a reasonable job and I want to ask my fellow Nairalanders here how I can get a good Volunteer Job in a good organization where I will be able to build my career while working there instead of been idle

Note: I'm not financially strong and I don't come from a background that can raise reasonable amount of money for me to start business so I think business is out of it for now(though I intend to do it in the nearest future), I said this because of those that will come & be telling tales of how I can be on my own and start a business without money (I don't believe in the school of thought that you can start business without capital). Thanks & all ideas are welcome & appreciated
Starting as a teacher isnt a bad idea
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by ksbusari(m): 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
I got mine frm a practicum programme which is part of my requirements to av my master degree cert. As luck would have it, d programme started after i had finished wit my course works and i had to stay put in d ministry after d six weeks programme. I am hopin one day i would be retained.
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by homesodear: 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
Are you fully aware that generating minimally about N4,000 on daily basis is now easy to make legitimately in our country? Want to know? Add on 08034917464 whatsapp number and we'll chat
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by lawnreigh(m): 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
jammani:
To start with, what did you do with your NYSC money?
I used it on a project that can move my life forward but it flopped

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by lawnreigh(m): 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Cutehector:
Ah ah.. Rush enta bank, dey will welcome u with open hands
Are you sure about this?
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by lawnreigh(m): 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
ksbusari:
I got mine frm a practicum programme which is part of my requirements to av my master degree cert. As luck would have it, d programme started after i had finished wit my course works and i had to stay put in d ministry after d six weeks programme. I am hopin one day i would be retained.
Plz can you tell me more about the programme
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by Cutehector(m): 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
lawnreigh:
Are you sure about this?
bros, am very sure... Rush enta any bank headquaters... Jus take style ask for d human resource dept... If na to tip d secretary, tip am... Beg am wit ur life say u wan do volunteer work.. She be human being, she go listen to u.. Den find ur way into human resourse dept...
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by lawnreigh(m): 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
Baddo101:

Starting as a teacher isnt a bad idea
yea I understand but the problem is that u can't grow in career based on the closed nature of this private schools & teaching in general, you know teaching experience isn't applicable in other fields & Ive teached a lot and I don't want to build a teaching career
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by ksbusari(m): 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
lawnreigh:
it is lyk an Industrial training programme. It is a course in educational management both in d undergraduate and postgraduate level. Just tellin u hw i got my volunteer job. U fit start teachin and frm there u get to secure connections.
Re: How Can I Get A Volunteer Job? by ksbusari(m): 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
lawnreigh:
it is lyk an Industrial training programme. It is a course in educational management both in d undergraduate and postgraduate level. Just tellin u hw i got my volunteer job. U fit start teachin and frm there u get to secure connections. May God help us

(1) (Reply)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada(CIC )Federal Worker Programme(Express Entry / My 40k Weekly Job / Massive Discount On SAP Training - Become An SAP Consultant Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.