Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad (46100 Views)

12 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad / 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad [photos] / 15 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by macminista(m): 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
Yevgeny:

Va dey there. hot as well but still better than few weeks ago. My guys wey dey Dallas dey lament lol. waiting for winter!. Best season of the year!
oh boy winter no be play play for chicago o...winta here na die grin grin
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by kaypound(m): 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
MsNas:

Houston sure has a lot of Naija food stores. You will like it there

Yea true...really looking forward to the time off....3wks

The US definately has more continental delicacies than most countries at very affordable cost too.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
adeh39:

Oh really? shocked shocked

I didn't say you can't hv access to it....but it's not as easy as getting it when you are here in Naijawink

Go to New york, dallas, atlanta, chicago, new orleans, nuremburg, paris, berlin, frankfurt, to name a few, then come back and re type your post. There are a thousand and one nigerian stores abound. You'all need to start going places. Your perspective will change. I promise you.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by lepasharon(f): 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
just go to peckham..you can buy all those things cool

3 Likes

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by MsNas(f): 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
kaypound:

Yea true...really looking forward to the time off....3wks

The US definately has more continental delicacies than most countries at very affordable cost too.
Very true. Make sure to try Mexican(especially Chipotle), Italian, Indian and the good ole Chinese buffet. You'll love it! BJ's Brewhouse has some amazing western styled steak (anyhow you want it), Jambalaya and fabulous booze from the tap. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
lepasharon:
just go to peckham..you can buy all those things cool

No mind the OP.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
macminista:
oh boy winter no be play play for chicago o...winta here na die grin grin

If na only winter e for good. That phucking wind is the worst thing on earth.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mackzydon9(m): 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
My fellow nigiezes make una cum house joore those little money wen una dey pump for those pu@nk economy go deve our own o

just saying doh. "come texas you see ole" i repeat am sarcarstically...
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by GoodFaith: 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
Lot of you should be grateful 28 years ago you can't find lot of these food in the North
You use peanut butter to make soup
Yes lot of things have change
Trying to make a phone call to Nigeria was a job
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
I cook efo, egunsi, okro, titus stew, ewedu, asun peppersoup with assorted meat and ayamase(ofada stew) with basmati/Jasmin to replace ofada regularly. I get them all here in Canada.
I don't miss Nigerian foods. I miss only suya.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by GoodFaith: 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
MsNas:

Very true. Make sure to try Mexican(especially Chipotle), Italian, Indian and the good ole Chinese buffet. You'll love it! BJ's Brewhouse has some amazing western styled steak (anyhow you want it), Jambalaya and fabulous booze from the tap. Thank me later

Canada is as good as U.S
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mufutau55(m): 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Over generalization.
There's nothing I miss on or off this list that I don't eat whenever I want.
At last now that I've done the needle and married from home grin

That could be true in the 70's. Those time you have to rely on someone coming from home, and there is no guarantee the food will pass thru Custom.. how do I know? I live thru the time. But in this modern time, there is nothing of African/Nigerian food that I cannot get in New York.
There are African/Nigerian stores everywhere importing our foods, and especially if you marry an African/Nigerian woman who can cook varieties of food then you get everything.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by ronald4lif(m): 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
mackzydon9:
i just dey reason if i travel how e go be i go miss my garri and groundnuts o and also these mama put resturants. You fit dey see am for that side e nor go sweet like the wan wen dem make for naija abi my people? imagine say you dey peaceful country like england dey troway pestle for mortal you wan die. naija life too simple joor

mean while na team #9ja all the way o lekua?

Compared to food, Naija sweet pass wallahi. Everything is gotten fresh and still in it organic state while a lot of the ones shipped abroad aren't as fresh and tasty.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by MsNas(f): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
GoodFaith:

Canada is as good as U.S
Really? I doubt. I also didn't mention Canada

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mackzydon9(m): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

Compared to food, Naija sweet pass wallahi. Everything is gotten fresh and still in it organic state while a lot of the ones shipped abroad aren't as fresh and tasty.
Most are chemicals after adding enough preser.... no wonder most of dem dey sick sha.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
mackzydon9:
Most are chemicals after adding enough preser.... no wonder most of dem dey sick sha.

Source please. What i'm tracking is the life expectancy of a Nigerian is 52 years and the life expectancy of an American is 78 years. for a european it's 68 years. So i'm trying to figure out where you are getting your facts from.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by GoodFaith: 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
mufutau55:

That could be true in the 70's. Those time you have to rely on someone coming from home, and there is no guarantee the food will pass thru Custom.. how do I know? I live thru the time. But in this modern time, there is nothing of African/Nigerian food that I cannot get in New York.
There are African/Nigerian stores everywhere importing our foods, and especially if you marry an African/Nigerian woman you get everything.

Hajji M.
In the later 80'sfind Nigeria food was difficult
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by GoodFaith: 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
MsNas:

Really? I doubt. I also didn't mention Canada
Doubt what?
Year of personal experience
City like Toronto, Montreal has big Caribbean community
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mackzydon9(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
Bollinger:

Source please.
go ask my grand pop joor. if you are one of those who waste your youthful exuberence in another man's land the reality will dawn on you in a momment. Maybe when they start driving you guys home like rsa. still saying my own sha. didn't meant to insult you.

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Neplusultra(f): 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
undecided
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
mackzydon9:
go ask my grand pop joor. if you are one of those who waste your youthful exuberence in another man's land the reality will dawn on you in a momment. Maybe when they start driving you guys home like rsa. still saying my own sha.

What has your rant got to do with the source of your claim that western countries have more sickness in their societies?

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
mackzydon9:
go ask my grand pop joor. if you are one of those who waste your youthful exuberence in another man's land the reality will dawn on you in a momment. Maybe when they start driving you guys home like rsa. still saying my own sha.

Shiit. Forget about it. Just saw your profile. Didn't know i was conversing with a 12 year old. My bad. No need to reply.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by lepasharon(f): 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
About to eat some dundun and sauce cool
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by kaypound(m): 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
MsNas:

I love to experiment a lot some of my friends call me foodie...tried a couple of foods cant remember all the names I just eat ..lol . French crepes, Norwegian, Italian pasta and sea food, Indian, Chinese and offcourse full Scottish haggis breakfast...but I still love the Indian because it's close to what we have in naija as per the spicy and extra pepper....but offcourse when I get to Houston I will give your recommendation a shot...so I can thank you later...(winks). Where do you live in the US
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
Abacha
my bestttttt food
grin

2 Likes

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by leonshom(m): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
I love your write-up. Though, you can still get some food abroad like the semo and vegetable, but I still love your note.

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mackzydon9(m): 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
Bollinger:

Shiit. Forget about it. Just saw your profile. Didn't know i was conversing with a 12 year old. My bad. No need to reply.
yeah am glad am a kid bros but i am more patriotic than you are! just come home if you are over there and not compound to their miseries. you would be of ably use at home sir.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
mackzydon9:
yeah am glad am a kid bros but i am more patriotic than you are! just come home if you are over there and not compound to their miseries. you would be of ably use at home sir.

Roger that.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by shut(f): 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
dumo1:

So what other delicious meals do you eat apart from junk food?

All junk cool
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mackzydon9(m): 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
Bollinger:

What has your rant got to do with the source of your claim that western countries have more sickness in their societies?
my rants ain't about the citizens of those countries because they have improve medical factors but ours, most don't have health insurance. do you gat 1?
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mackzydon9(m): 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Bollinger:

Roger that.
THANKS.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by NICOGRAVITY: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
You have awaken a different kind of hunger in me right now, i just realised that I haven't eaten Akara and Ogi for 14 years. This use to be Saturday and Sunday morning breakfast.
Please, make I no eat am for dream tonight ooo.
You just remembered me watin my brain don delete long time ago. Nawa for abroad life.
Am going to look for it tomorrow morning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do You Remeber This Drinks ? If Yes Which One Os Your Favorite? / Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos / Big Python And Bush Meat Killed By Me And My Friends.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.