Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,851 members, 7,862,782 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP (777 Views)

Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / Buhari Fighting Political Antagonists Not Corruption – Ijaw Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by Millz404(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
By Emma Amaize

WARRI—THE Ijaw People Development Initiative, IPDI, in Delta State, yesterday, appraised the anti-graft battle of President Muhammadu Buhari and concluded that he was combating common political enemies in the country and not corruption, as he had made people to believe.
National President of IPDI, Mr Austin Ozobo, in a statement in Warri, said “Buhari has not shown Nigerians any readiness to fight corruption. A good leader must begin sanctification from his house. He must first remove the veil in his own eyes before thinking of removing the veil in another man’s eyes.

“It is obvious that his fight is targeted at common political enemies in the country, it is to witch-hunt to weaken the opposition, if not, why has no move been made to arrest corrupt All Progressives Congress, APC ex-governors, instead Buhari is providing cover for corrupt APC ex governors and other leaders.

“His corruption crusade is one sided and selective in nature. You cannot hide your sins and begin to condemn others. Such persons are hypocrites and pretenders and their punishment will be twice over in heaven. The arrest and claims against former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, is a clear evidence to show that Buhari is only fighting political antagonists.

“Buhari should start his probe former APC governors and notable APC leaders in the country. Why should corrupt APC leaders walk freely the corridors of power without being questioned and the president is pretending and paying deaf ears to public outcry to bring them to justice?” IPDI queried.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-fighting-political-opponents-not-corruption-ijaw-group/
Re: Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by sleekp1: 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
Its obvious.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by AlPeter: 11:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
How i wish I can stone this guy kai? E dey pain sha. He fight enemies e no fight enemies all am concerned about is dat he dey collect our money from those looters wen d odas too get Dere make dem fight am. Barawos
Re: Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by cyberguy72(m): 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
AlPeter:
How i wish I can stone this guy kai? E dey pain sha. He fight enemies e no fight enemies all am concerned about is dat he dey collect our money from those looters wen d odds too get Derek make dem fight am. Barawo
wen u go get sense.?
Re: Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by podosci(m): 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
Nyako,Saraki, Dasuki and the many other criminals that have been picked up which party do dry belong to?...
Foolish Nigerians who have been living in subhuman conditions for the past 60years without electricity, Water, healthcare and education have the mind to defend any corrupt official....Even people living in Bayelsa know what corruption has done to their lives......poverty has condemned the brains of so many Nigerians that they can't think properly, and even if its by force we Must rewire their brains
Re: Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by illiad1(m): 11:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
K
Re: Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by AlPeter: 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
cyberguy72:
wen u go get sense.?

oga na u I pity, u Neva knw wetin u go chop tomaow come here dey defend some thieving thiefs twa....... Na wao for u oooo
Re: Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by omolami: 12:14am On Aug 14, 2015
I wonder whether the Senate and House of rep are taking note of these maladministration for the purpose of impeachment .Hope Buhari has not succeeded in weakening saraki through his old man antics? The Senate and lower house should live up to expectations. Buhari fumbles ,he should be sent parking. I wonder why Senate is yet to make move to probe buhari's Waec certificate. I bet he does not have it.
Re: Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 14, 2015
Millz404:
By Emma Amaize

WARRI—THE Ijaw People Development Initiative, IPDI, in Delta State, yesterday, appraised the anti-graft battle of President Muhammadu Buhari and concluded that he was combating common political enemies in the country and not corruption, as he had made people to believe.
National President of IPDI, Mr Austin Ozobo, in a statement in Warri, said “Buhari has not shown Nigerians any readiness to fight corruption. A good leader must begin sanctification from his house. He must first remove the veil in his own eyes before thinking of removing the veil in another man’s eyes.

“It is obvious that his fight is targeted at common political enemies in the country, it is to witch-hunt to weaken the opposition, if not, why has no move been made to arrest corrupt All Progressives Congress, APC ex-governors, instead Buhari is providing cover for corrupt APC ex governors and other leaders.

“His corruption crusade is one sided and selective in nature. You cannot hide your sins and begin to condemn others. Such persons are hypocrites and pretenders and their punishment will be twice over in heaven. The arrest and claims against former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, is a clear evidence to show that Buhari is only fighting political antagonists.

“Buhari should start his probe former APC governors and notable APC leaders in the country. Why should corrupt APC leaders walk freely the corridors of power without being questioned and the president is pretending and paying deaf ears to public outcry to bring them to justice?” IPDI queried.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-fighting-political-opponents-not-corruption-ijaw-group/
To be honest, My confidence in Buhari dropped as soon as he said he won't probe past GEJs admin. What happens to Obasanjo(at least)

You'll hear a phrase like '16 years of PDP misrule and corruption' but when it comes to probing for same corruption, you stop at GEJ

Of course, feelings like this are bound to arise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Fighting Political Opponents, Not Corruption – IJAW GROUP by phlemzy: 4:47am On Aug 14, 2015
omolami:
I wonder whether the Senate and House of rep are taking note of these maladministration for the purpose of impeachment .Hope Buhari has not succeeded in weakening saraki through his old man antics? The Senate and lower house should live up to expectations. Buhari fumbles ,he should be sent parking. I wonder why Senate is yet to make move to probe buhari's Waec certificate. I bet he does not have it.
At 12:14am, you're dreaming as expected. A card-carrying member of the Wailers' Club. In other news,you can lead the protest match to the NASS now that they're blind to the impeachable offences of your CIC.

(1) (Reply)

How-i-cheated-death-12-times- Ex Pres. Olusegun Obasanjo / Nigeria's 1st Ambassador 2 United Nations Wachuku Sleeping On Duty In 1960(pic / Shops Locked,street Deserted In Ikeja As People In White Are Seen Walking Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.