Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union (22375 Views)

'You Cannot Withdraw Your Surety Until You Produce Kanu' - Judge Tells Abaribe / Fani-kayode To Amaechi: We’re Not Losing Any Sleep Over Your Threat To Sue / Avengers’ Threat: Odua Defenders Union Warns Against Attack On Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by papparatzzi2013: 2:38am On May 16, 2016
Ijaw Development Association, IDA, has flayed threats of attack on the Ijaw in the South-West by the Oodua Defenders Union, ODU, calling on the body not to break the historic peace between the Ijaw and the Yoruba.

IDA, in a statement in Lagos, called on ODU to withdraw the statement which it claimed was based on wrong assumptions of the relationship between the two ethnic groups. National President of IDA, Fiyebo Eperetei, in the statement, said: “The Ijaw in Lagos are not at war with Yoruba. Hence, it will be very unfortunate for anybody to plan attack on Ijaw in Lagos. The umbrella body of Ijaw nation, Ijaw National Congress, INC and Ijaw Youth Council, IYC, did not issue any threat to attack “installations in Lagos” and other parts of Nigeria. Therefore, the threat or plan by the Niger Delta Avengers should not be used as a basis to attack peaceful and law abiding Ijaw in Lagos.

“We also use this medium to appeal to ODU that we are not at war with anybody in Lagos State. As peace loving people, it will be very sad for us to be attacked because of a statement by a group of people operating from Niger Delta region who are allegedly agitating for the interest of the whole Niger Delta region and not Ijaw alone.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/withdraw-threat-ijaw-group-tells-oodua-defenders-union/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by papparatzzi2013: 2:41am On May 16, 2016
The gauntlet had been laid down, we ain't withdrawing any threat issued.

Do you worst. When you remember what happened in 2000, you will call your demonic and f00lish Niger Delta Scavengers to order.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by henrygale(m): 4:28am On May 16, 2016
Na so e dey start small small........instigating tribes against eachoda.
I hope it won't degenerate into something worse than it is already.

7 Likes

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by henrygale(m): 4:31am On May 16, 2016
papparatzzi2013:
The gauntlet had been laid down, we ain't withdrawing any threat issued.

Do you worst. When you remember what happened in 2000, you will call your demonic and f00lish Niger Delta Scavengers to order.
Like say u fit carry stick talkless of a gun when it starts! Huh! Too much angrily-frustrated folks everywhere. This economy sef reach make person dey frustrated.
God help us o!

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by chriskosherbal(m): 4:32am On May 16, 2016
Please let's peace reign.

4 Likes

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Nobody: 4:52am On May 16, 2016
Our gentleness in the SW is not cowardice. we worked hard to make Lagos a word class city and we wont sit and watch some vagabonds called IPOB or AVENGERS to cause harm in our domain. they better be warned sad

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by emerged01(m): 6:03am On May 16, 2016
U
henrygale:

Like say u fit carry stick talkless of a gun when it starts! Huh! Too much angrily-frustrated folks everywhere. This economy sef reach make person dey frustrated.
God help us o!
Lol! The guy wey no fit kill frog.

13 Likes

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by babyfaceafrica: 6:54am On May 16, 2016
Okay
Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by malele(m): 7:04am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
Our gentleness in the SW is not cowardice. we worked hard to make Lagos a word class city and we wont sit and watch some vagabonds called IPOB or AVENGERS to cause harm in our domain. they better be warned sad

Worked which hard? I don't blame u, na my Igbo Brodas way dey settle anywere dey like I dey blame

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Stingman: 7:08am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:

Ibadan the eternal capital of odua people is waiting for your same hardwork...yeye

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 7:10am On May 16, 2016
Stingman:

Ibadan the eternal capital of odua people is waiting for your same hardwork...yeye

When will you make Anambra or Enugu like Lagos?
Anambra the eternal capital of IPOD is looking like a dump in Lagos.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 7:11am On May 16, 2016
malele:

Worked which hard? I don't blame u, na my Igbo Brodas way dey settle anywere dey like I dey blame

Tell them to settle in their red mud region.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by papparatzzi2013: 7:13am On May 16, 2016
henrygale:

God help us o!

If my forefathers were the wrapper tying type, they might have left an heritage of not being able to carry stick and they would have bequeathed to me either a gully erosion or a portion of the Creek or high sea.

Alas, they did not. Deduce the rest, tormented soul.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 7:13am On May 16, 2016
Let Igbos/avengers try nonsense. The SW is daring them, enough of the cowardly threats from this midget tribe.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 7:14am On May 16, 2016
henrygale:

God help us o!

You think this is about carrying cassava sticks abi?

7 Likes

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by marshalcarter: 7:14am On May 16, 2016
Karm16:

Tell them to settle in their red mud region.
If they sit in their red mud region...you wouldn't be able to buy dis phn nd type trashangry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 7:16am On May 16, 2016
marshalcarter:

If they sit in their red mud region...you wouldn't be able to buy dis phn nd type trashangry

Let them do it. Since Igbos are instigating it, we welcome them try to drop one bomb in ladipo market. Stop the noise making already. Who the hell do you think you're threatening?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Scholes007(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2016
Karm16:

Let them do it. Since Igbos are instigating it, we welcome them try to drop one bomb in ladipo market. Stop the noise making already. Who the hell do you think you're threatening?
all mouth, these things you say are what encourage some of these group to attack indiscriminately. Jst don't beat chest anyhow.

9 Likes

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 7:24am On May 16, 2016
Scholes007:
all mouth, these things you say are what encourage some of these group to attack indiscriminately. Jst don't beat chest anyhow.

Who is making mouth? Instead of threatening, do it now. Like Igbos making silly ultimatums and chestbeating. Mtchewe

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 7:26am On May 16, 2016
marshalcarter:

The worst part is dat....angry

Ion even knw wat the topic is all abt nd ion knw wat ya arguinggrin grin

Igbos commenting without knowing the topic of discussion. Shocking!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by marshalcarter: 7:29am On May 16, 2016
Karm16:

Igbos commenting without knowing the topic of discussion. Shocking!!
Bros.......etaf do for u abeg

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Scholes007(m): 7:42am On May 16, 2016
Karm16:

Who is making mouth? Instead of threatening, do it now. Like Igbos making silly ultimatums and chestbeating. Mtchewe
See friend I know clearly you many not have anything to lose in lagos as you many not have any investment there, but sorry alot of Igbo's have alot at stake in lagos. You see when you start talking online I clearly see it excessive obsession of the word Ipob and chronic mouth leakage. Just chill and stop tagging people Ipob.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 7:51am On May 16, 2016
Scholes007:
See friend I know clearly you many not have anything to lose in lagos as you many not have any investment there, but sorry alot of Igbo's have alot at stake in lagos. You see when you start talking online I clearly see it excessive obsession of the word Ipob and chronic mouth leakage. Just chill and stop tagging people Ipob.

Ipod, are you trying to convince me to worry or yourself not to worry? You're sounding confused. Are you worried for Lagosians or are you behind the avengers? You can't cry for Lagos and still be putting feul in the fire. Choose a side and get back to me. Let them start at Ladipo market.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by henrygale(m): 7:53am On May 16, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

If my forefathers were the wrapper tying type, they might have left an heritage of not being able to carry stick and they would have bequeathed to me either a gully erosion or a portion of the Creek or high sea.

Y e come pain u like ds nah? Didn't call u names nah! Haba!
Ok,pele,sogbo? Ndo,oo! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 7:54am On May 16, 2016
henrygale:

Ok,pele,sogbo? Ndo,oo! cheesy

Why are you crying more than the bereaved nau?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by henrygale(m): 7:54am On May 16, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Ok,pele,sogbo? Ndo,oo! cheesy.
Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Nobody: 7:56am On May 16, 2016
While I have no reason to comment on the topic per se, I would love to add that hardly any of you commenting here have seen war, religious or ethnic clash.

The simple explosion at the Military Barracks sent thousands of Lagosians to their deaths. It is funny when both Ibos, Hausas, Yorubas and Niger Deltans come online and call each other to war. Those who witnessed the Biafra war still have psychological issues and pray such a thing never happens again. The Ijaw/OPC clash In Lagos was terrible. So was the Ijaw/Ilaje clash. The Ife/Modakeke fight was also terrible. In Ijaw land we saw Nigerian army descending attack helicopters with ropes, commando style amidst heavy machine gun fire in some communities around Port Harcourt. Battles in Okrika, Buguma, Tombia, Bukuma, Bile/ke, etc. For months we walked through the streets with our arms in the air because of military presence.

Every tribe has great men. All tribes have fought wars. While the Ijaws have war canoe houses, the Yorubas have Baloguns. Let us respect each other. A hasty fight by anyone leads to a quick defeat. When the leaders who create these points of divide see the wars starting, they will move their families with their private jets and allow you murder yourselves. Shebi una see how dem behave during the last presidential elections? All flights were booked. People who could afford it escaped to emergency holidays with their families to the U.S, U.K etc. When the war starts they will be protesting in front of the white house with placards saying "Stop the war in Nigeria Now" and they will go back home to stable light, food, etc. While we will murder ourselves with machine guns in Nigeria.

ALL TRIBES SHOULD STOP CALLING FOR VIOLENCE

Avengers, Dont attack Lagos. OPC, don't attack Ijaws. We dey beg una to leave fight alone. smiley smiley

78 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by seunny4lif(m): 7:57am On May 16, 2016
grin grin grin
I don pay cash for this plot of land
Becos I know Mod will push this topic to FP grin grin

We Yoruba are so strong
Americans and Russians militaries dey fear us grin
If I lie ask them grin
Lagos and all Sw are protected by SAM 5 not Russia S500 oooohgrin
We will bomb tongue tongue all ND and SE region
OPC are well armed just like US and russsia cool cool
We have largest surface to air missiles angry angry traveling at sad wait make ask my broda grin grin
ICM just like US in Ibadan and 12 Submarines packed at Ondo state
Over 10k Air12 fighter jets hanged spiritual in Ijebu and Ife cool cool e.t.c
I will not say more

Abeg oooooh

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by henrygale(m): 8:00am On May 16, 2016
Karm16:

Why are you crying more than the bereaved nau?
And here comes another person his forefathers left a heritage of carrying sticks!
Like I said,there r lots of frustrated people everywhere, and d economy sef no come epp! Some kinds of frustrated people has nothing to lose, so dey don't mind if the earth burns!
Count thy teeth with thy tongue!
Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by henrygale(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin grin
I don pay cash for this plot of land

We Yoruba are so strong
Americans and Russians militaries dey fear us grin
If I lie ask them grin
Lagos and all Sw are protected by SAM 5 not Russia S500 oooohgrin
We will bomb tongue tongue ND
We have largest surface to air missiles angry angry traveling at sad wait make ask my broda grin grin
Choose one of the following : grandeous delusion or schizophrenia!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union by Karm16: 8:06am On May 16, 2016
henrygale:

And here comes another person his forefathers left a heritage of carrying sticks!
Like I said,there r lots of frustrated people everywhere, and d economy sef no come epp! Some kinds of frustrated people has nothing to lose, so dey don't mind if the earth burns!
Count thy teeth with thy tongue!

Why are you crying more than the bereaved though? You sounding mad. Why you mad though? Are you ND avenger's asspiece?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Letter To First Lady By Dele Momodu / Saraki's CCT Trial ; Latest Proceeding Delay Tactics Thrown Out... / Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.