Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC (24809 Views)

Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism / Osinbajo, Malami, Magu, DSS Move To Save Anti-graft War / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Sanchez01: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2015
The All Progressives Congress in Akwa Ibom State has accused the Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, of plotting to stop President Muhammadu Buhari’s war against corruption.

The party faulted Akpabio’s statement that the current war against corruption lacked transparency and fairness to all, and that Buhari appears to be fighting his political adversaries.

Speaking in Uyo on Thursday, the state Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mr. Ita Awak, stated that Akpabio was trying to use the Peoples Democratic Party’s Senate caucus to frustrate the war against corruption.

He added that the group would spare no effort in ensuring that the anti-corruption crusade of Buhari failed.

According to him, Akpabio is among the people who had profited from high-level corruption, adding that he would soon be exposed by the battle against graft.

He said, “We, therefore, recall that some very powerful forces and influential personalities in our country sponsored the palace coup that ousted the military regime of the then Major General Muhammadu Buhari and truncated our national renaissance against corruption in 1985.

“It is, therefore, very worrisome to us that the current war that the APC government of President Buhari has begun in 2015 may suffer a grave setback unless the dark agents of corruption who have held sway, especially in the last eight years, are contained and brought to justice.

“With Akpabio’s false allegations that the current war against corruption lacks transparency, fairness to all and appears to be aimed at political adversaries, we are troubled that Akpabio is strategically using his present position as the Minority Leader to galvanise that segment of the powerful elite in our country who are determined to ensure that the Buhari’s war against corruption fails.

Awak, in a petition dated July 8, 2015 titled, “Petition against corruption and the unbecoming conduct of INEC REC, Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Austin Okojie and other INEC officers,” said the party had reasons to invite the Director General of the Department of State Services and the Inspector-General of Police in view of what happened.

According to him, INEC officials should be impartial umpires.

He said the electoral body should not degenerate to the level of causing irreparable damage to ballot papers used for the April 11, 2015 governorship election in the state.

He said, “Under Okojie’s watch, hundreds of thousands of ballot papers used for the governorship election of April 11, 2015, were physically mutilated beyond redemption, making it absolutely impossible for the APC forensic experts to scan them for forensic examination.

“In our view, this deliberate and callous destruction of material evidence, in this instance, hundreds of thousands of ballot papers used for the governorship election of April 11, 2015, was criminal in all material particular and so, naturally, warranted the involvement of the DSS and the police.”
Source: www.punchng.com/politics/akpabio plotting-to-stop-buharis-anti-graft-war-apc/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by HungerBAD: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2015
Godswill Akpabio is a Joke.

22 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by dunkem21(m): 7:03am On Aug 14, 2015
APC is a joke grin ..Probe the man if you have anything on him or shut the hell up.

We are getting tired of Propaganda.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by SouthernBreeze(m): 7:03am On Aug 14, 2015
APC and its vain accusations

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Rawani: 7:04am On Aug 14, 2015
Akpabio should realize that Nigerians have outgrown the PDP's style of politics; never again shall we tolerate governance by impunity, looting and lawlessness.

Nigerians will collectively resist every effort he makes to rob us of the change we worked for.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by kossyablaze(m): 7:04am On Aug 14, 2015
Smh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by akpanikpe(m): 7:04am On Aug 14, 2015
He is just ranting for nothing, he cannot stop it.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Fabrolistic: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2015
Mtcheew!
Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Rilwayne001: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2015
Someone should tell him that PMB is not GEJ. PMB is unstoppable. All thieves must return their loots or go to jail.

34 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by BishopMagic: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2015
HungerBAD:
Godswill Akpabio is a Joke.

And aregberascal is a yoruba living legend and his the award to prove it.

Useless taju

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by HzRF(m): 7:09am On Aug 14, 2015
D Dullardists will grab this

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by kamair237(m): 7:09am On Aug 14, 2015
Who d f is Akpabio

11 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by 1love4all: 7:11am On Aug 14, 2015
His cup of tea.
Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 14, 2015
Buhari is an unstoppable moving train!!

11 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Day11(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Buhari is an unstoppable moving train!!

One bottle of Pepsi for diz guy undecided

13 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by christinie(f): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2015
God bless the great Akpabio, the man who turned a transient state to a mega city. Akpabio only God can pay you back for the massive development you brought to your state. You are one in a million sir. Only enemies of progress will say otherwise. You brought quality development to your state, not patch patch work that Fashola was noted for in Lagos. Okorocha spent billions to build China roads that lasted for 2 months in Imo State. Akpabio you are the best.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by hassan85(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2015
shey bishop kukah and sultan are now helping Gej to not help Buhari win war on corruption? they will fail perfectly de will fail. imagine men of God! Akpabio keep seeking attention

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by AlPeter: 8:00am On Aug 14, 2015
Am tired of all these ratings if you think someone is corrupt bring evidence instead of shouting all about. All looters must return their loots so give evidence or shut ur mouths

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by AlPeter: 8:02am On Aug 14, 2015
christinie:
God bless the great Akpabio, the man who turned a transient state to a mega city. Akpabio only God can pay you back for the massive development you brought to your state. You are one in a million sir. Only enemies of progress will say otherwise. You brought quality development to your state, not patch patch work that Fashola was noted for in Lagos. Okorocha spent billions to build China roads that lasted for 2 months in Imo State. Akpabio you are the best.
Wu b dis one wey her mouth dey run so

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by subterfuge: 8:37am On Aug 14, 2015
kamair237:
Who d f is Akpabio
Akpabio is the BACKBONE AND TEACHER OF JONATHAN.
AKPABIO TAUGHT JONATHAN HOW TO STEAL AND CLEAN UP HIS TRACKS.
AKPABIO USES ADVANCED METHODS TO LOOT AKWA IBOM TREASURY AND COVER THE LOOPHOLES.
JONATHAN IS DULL. HE COULD NOT LEARN FAST FROM AKPABIO.
BUT " EVERYDAY FOR THE LOOTER (AKPABIO) BUT ONE DAY FOR THE LOOTED (AKWA IBOM PEOPLE)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by divinessa: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2015
I like this government of probe, please probe on, probe everybody even my grandmother.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2015
kamair237:
Who d f is Akpabio
some one your father can not become

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Lawsimon(m): 10:54am On Aug 14, 2015
christinie:
You are talking rubbish. I don't know which part of Akwa Ibom you come from, i guess you are one of his sychophants and crumb eaters...is beautification of major roads an uncommon transformation? On the other hand, most politicians in Akwa Ibom calling themselves APC progressives should be investigated as well. CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY---EMBEZZLEMENT AND MISAPPROPRIATION OF FUNDS. God will punish them all,their children and generation yet unborn and that of their praise singers...i hate it when people see black they call it white.

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by shigoslim(m): 11:09am On Aug 14, 2015
So ordinarily Akpabio can hold Buhari and APC at random . Who is then Buhari that wanted to probe GEJ ? Despite the fact that APC are majority in senate house.
Is APC fooling his gullible fellow i will not join them in celebrate illusion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Louisville141(m): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2015
I pity all those politicians that have questions to answer.
The slow and steady nature of PMB is really eating them up.
I think #SlowAndSteady leaves the guilty ones restless.

Ride on #Baba...we're behind you

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by shaddoww: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2015
jack67:
some one your father can not become
That is too childish, u can do better dan dat
Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by omolami: 11:18am On Aug 14, 2015
The simple thing to be done is to impeach Buhari period Mainly because of the selective anti corruption drive..Buhari is a sadist, hater, wicked,arrogant, manerless,cheat,uneducated, dullard ,certificate less,bigot, clueless, dry upstairs,a moving corps etc, just name it.He thrives in vendetta. These were his attributes that Nigerians were warned to note. May God punish Jega for rigging in Buhari. The evil Jega did will hunt him for life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Opinedecandid(m): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2015
APC, APC, APC!
How many times did I call you that boi ?
Make up your mind, prepare your heart and your house and be set to return to the toothless and courage-less bulldog of an opposition Party that can only bark with no capacities to bite. For Ofcourse, you are better off as an opposition party.

All along, you had been bickering and boasting that governance was easy. Now it has dawn on you that governance is a different ball game entirely from 'talkenance' or 'laienance'.

Had any of your stores been able to equate His Excellency, Senator Godswill Akpabio's uncommon transformation?

Even your oga at the top is not doing any better, let alone the simpletons spread across across states.

Since non of you can measure up with Akpabio's excellent deeds,
leave my former governor and uncommon transformer alone.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 14, 2015
buhari is fighting an imaginary war in corruption.

If he wants to fight corruption n prosecute past leaders, he should start today. He should not keep talking nonsense...

Corruption is not fought on d pages of newspapers. D Dullard take note.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by Goke7: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2015
omolami:
The simple thing to be done is to impeach Buhari period Mainly because of the selective anti corruption drive..Buhari is a sadist, hater, wicked,arrogant, manerless,cheat,uneducated, dullard ,certificate less,bigot, clueless, dry upstairs,a moving corps etc, just name it.He thrives in vendetta. These were his attributes that Nigerians were warned to note. May God punish Jega for rigging in Buhari. The evil Jega did will hunt him for life.

Impeach Buhari? what a tall order! as weak as Jonathan was, he couldn't be impeached and you think Buhari can be impeached? Anyway I admire your dream, pls dream on lol

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by rooftech: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2015
Disclaimer

My attention has been drawn to various publications on new and print media by certain cohorts and ostensibly a certain man called mr ita awak parading himself as the State Publicity Secretary. of APC Akwa Ibom State Chapter.
I wish to bring to public notice that there has been no congress held to elect new officers of the party at any level of the party in the Country as I remain the only State Publicity Secretary of APC Akwa Ibom State and that the party does have any parallel executives other than that recognised by the national exco .
Our party constitution is clear,Mr Ita Awak is an impostor and impersonator, I advice him and I will continue to advise him to stop impersonating my office. It is my believe that Mr Ita awak was appointed PA to the State Chairman on media and publicity and instead of him to carry out his jobs as assigned, he is now trying to carry-out my jobs. He should be warned to desist fotthwith. APC is a discipline party that respect the party constitution very well in that the Office of the State Publicity Secretary is not an appointive offce but an elective office of which I contested the party's congress and won. The general public is hereby advice not to take any publication made by Ita Awak serious as he is not holding brief for me nor have the capacity to speak for the party in the state as there is only one State Publicity Secretary of APC.
Thank you, Signed Obong Samuel Udobong State Publicity Secretary- APC Akwa Ibom State

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC by omolami: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2015
What makes him unimpeachable? please tell us. Once he commits impeachable offence he can be impeached . Already Buhari has committed so much of it. I believe the Senate are either overlooking it or his time is not ripe yet. Buhari is not above the law, even though some fear he may unleash his bokoharam boys,on nigerians, definitely not all Nigeria fear him. GEJ did not want Nigerians blood on his neck, certainly some other Nigerians don't care. If Buhari bokoharam us, we will equally Ogbesu and Opc him.Bulshit

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Worshipping God In The Northeast: VIDEO / Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children / Bolaji Idris Ajimobi's 30th Birthday Dinner Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.