Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co (1222 Views)

Nigeria Is Now A More Divided Country – Bishop Kukah / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria / Atiku, Sultan And Emir Of Ilorin Beg Buhari Over Saraki’s Travail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by sdindan: 8:05am On Aug 14, 2015
OK, You claim to hate Bishop Hassan Kukah (Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese)? You castigate the 2015 electoral committee and call them names? you accused them of been corrupt just because they said what is proper? Let me ask you again, 1. Do you actually know the roles the peace committee played before and during the 2015 elections? 2. Do you know they were the ones that insisted that Goodluck Jonathan conduct 2015 elections free and fare? OK, Do you know the contents of the peace agreement document signed by both the then President, Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammed Buhari?? Don't worry, let me remind you of the main terms and references : A. That President Jonathan led PDP government should make sure that 2015 elections were credible. B. That each party (PDP & APC) should accept the outcome of the election by prevailing on their supporters not to embark on destruction of lives and properties. (the reason that made Jonathan to accept defeat and even called to congratulate Buhari even before the declaration of the actual winner) C. That in a case Jonathan lost, he should work with incoming (Buhari) government for successful transition. D. That in a case Buhari won and Jonathan adhered to number A, B & C, the former (Buhari) should neither in any way witch-hunt Goodluck Jonathan nor people that worked with him. Let me remind those of you that are ignorantly tongue- lashing either Bishop Hassan Kukah or the entire electoral peace committee members that what the committee members are doing is just to remind Buhari the contents of the agreement he co-signed along with others including the chairman of APC, John Odigie-Oyegun. Goodluck Jonathan has paid his price as a virtuous man by fulfilling his part of the agreement, it's for Buhari as a man of integrity to fulfill his own part. You can approach it in any angle, you may be right legally but wrong morally. Remember, you can't write any of them off when trying to summarize judgment. # my Suggestion: Buhari should secretly conduct his probing and contact the 2015 electoral peace committee to pressure those found capable to return their loots or face prosecution... # period

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2015
The peace committee knows Buhari has no WAEC certificate and GEJ just had to let him go for peace to reign. Besides they also knows the effect of any renewed ND militancy would have on the already starving people of Osun state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by Blakjewelry(m): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2015
I think the proper word should be investigation... The government can do his investigations behind and forward those found wanting to the proper authorities. Just like the president said before that they will set up court for corrupt practice, I think it's a welcome idea. I don't see anything bad in what the bishop said, I think what many Nigerians lack is comprehension

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by vedaxcool(m): 8:12am On Aug 14, 2015
sdindan:
[s]OK, You claim to hate Bishop Hassan Kukah (Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese)? You castigate the 2015 electoral committee and call them names? you accused them of been corrupt just because they said what is proper? Let me ask you again, 1. Do you actually know the roles the peace committee played before and during the 2015 elections? 2. Do you know they were the ones that insisted that Goodluck Jonathan conduct 2015 elections free and fare? OK, Do you know the contents of the peace agreement document signed by both the then President, Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammed Buhari?? Don't worry, let me remind you of the main terms and references : A. That President Jonathan led PDP government should make sure that 2015 elections were credible. B. That each party (PDP & APC) should accept the outcome of the election by prevailing on their supporters not to embark on destruction of lives and properties. (the reason that made Jonathan to accept defeat and even called to congratulate Buhari even before the declaration of the actual winner) C. That in a case Jonathan lost, he should work with incoming (Buhari) government for successful transition. D. That in a case Buhari won and Jonathan adhered to number A, B & C, the former (Buhari) should neither in any way witch-hunt Goodluck Jonathan nor people that worked with him. Let me remind those of you that are ignorantly tongue- lashing either Bishop Hassan Kukah or the entire electoral peace committee members that what the committee members are doing is just to remind Buhari the contents of the agreement he co-signed along with others including the chairman of APC, John Odigie-Oyegun. Goodluck Jonathan has paid his price as a virtuous man by fulfilling his part of the agreement, it's for Buhari as a man of integrity to fulfill his own part. You can approach it in any angle, you may be right legally but wrong morally. Remember, you can't write any of them off when trying to summarize judgment. # my Suggestion: Buhari should secretly conduct his probing and contact the 2015 electoral peace committee to pressure those found capable to return their loots or face prosecution... # period[/s]

If only you knew what honor and justice means you won't stand there and rationalize theft, show us one evidence that Buhari has witch hunt Jonathan? Buhari should contact the electoral commission to pressure them to do what? are u well? or are you under a curse? did Nigeria elect the elctoral committee, some of who benefited from the criminal enterprise Jonathan ran? As far as I am concerned the laws governing Nigeria is supreme to any religious zealot or criminal elements who pretend to be men of honor, the law should be allowed to run its course. Simple!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 14, 2015
As expected corruption has started fighting back

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by vedaxcool(m): 8:14am On Aug 14, 2015
chukwudi44:
[s]The peace committee knows Buhari has no WAEC certificate and GEJ just had to let him go for peace to reign. Besides they also knows the effect of any renewed ND militancy would have on the already starving people of Osun state[/s]

Whenever you are willing to confess GEJ stole money, and GEJ doesn't want to answer for his crimes, then we will take the rubbish you spew to make any semblance of an araguement!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by Abugab(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2015
What has witch hunting get to do with fighting corruption?
How come the same victims of corruption are the same people defending the monster?
Well, this is not about GEJ or the Peace Council but a move to restore to the people their stolen commonwealth.
PMB should fight on but must be guided by the constitution which is what counts.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by ayindejimmy(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2015
Your attempt to justify corruption is alarming.
So EFCC investigating suspect is now deemed as witch-hunt? You call it witch-hunt, we call fighting corruption.
The Peace Committee's would have amount to nothing if the international community like the US and Great Britain didn't put pressure on Gej to accept the results.
We Nigerians voted Buhari, not some sycophantic Peace Committee and to fight corruption to a stand still is why we voted him.
So if he cares about reelection... he better do our bidding

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by Splashme: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2015
Blakjewelry:
I think the proper word should be investigation... The government can do his investigations behind and forward those found wanting to the proper authorities. Just like the president said before that they will set up court for corrupt practice, I think it's a welcome idea. I don't see anything bad in what the bishop said, I think what many Nigerians lack is comprehension

But Buhari announced to Nigerians how #150b has been stolen, a certain minister stole 1m barrels crude per day etc only for him to set up a forensic probe just yesterday.

Buhari and Oshiomole's mouth is ust running like water in basket. Throwing up various unfounded allegations just rub mud on the previous admin
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by Goke7: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2015
All this cheap blackmail won't fly, I have said before that Jonathan has been played cos he too played others earlier when he said he won't re-contest for a second term because of an agreement he too was privy to before he ascended to power [we saw video evidence of this during the various campaign adverts before the elections, only ignorant folks will dispel this].

It is very surprising now that Jonathan and his supporters now want Buhari and his men to tow the path of honour and integrity that they themselves never did, how funny.

Sometimes we cannot have it all even when we feel we should, you need to see how Fashola himself is now feeling the heat for a man some people think deserves better.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by saint047(m): 8:48am On Aug 14, 2015
1. Bishop Kukah is trending. Our children of anger go for the man of God for not being conformed to prevailing propaganda of the age! ff...
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by sdindan: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2015
vedaxcool:

If only you knew what honor and justice means you won't stand there and rationalize theft, show us one evidence that Buhari has witch hunt Jonathan? Buhari should contact the electoral commission to pressure them to do what? are well? or are you under a curse? did Nigeria elect the elctoral committee, some of who benefited from the criminal enterprise Jonathan ran? As far as I am concerned the laws governing Nigeria is supreme to any religious zealot or criminal elements who pretend to be men of honor, the law should be allowed to run its course. Simple!
Mister. No where in this world am against fighting corruption.
If our president want to fight it he should do it without making noise.
And start from his APC members. If Amaechi enters prison today I will personally use my hand and put Jonathan in the prison without judging him.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by vedaxcool(m): 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
sdindan:
[s]
Mister. No where in this world am against fighting corruption.
If our president want to fight it he should do it without making noise.
And start from his APC members. If Amaechi enters prison today I will personally use my hand and put Jonathan in the prison without judging him. [/s]

Shush! You simply don't know what u want. The govt has pledged to sentence any member of his party to jail so what is your senseless argument about?

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by sdindan: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
vedaxcool:

Shush! You simply don't know what u want. The govt has pledged to sentence any member of his party to jail so what is your senseless argument about?
Pledged?
You're in the Disney world.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by PassingShot(m): 8:36am On Aug 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
The peace committee knows Buhari has no WAEC certificate and GEJ just had to let him go for peace to reign. Besides they also knows the effect of any renewed ND militancy would have on the already starving people of Osun state
Your grammar is appalling yet you accuse someone of not having WAEC certificate!

undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by PassingShot(m): 8:38am On Aug 15, 2015
Nigerian youths are the main problem of the country. Is this a result of pauperization by the elites who stole us blind? Or just a result of pure bigotry? Look at this one attempting to justify the need to allow looters go scot-free!

Kukah has lost more than half of respect people used to have for him.

A look at the so called Peace Committee will reveal that most of the members have benefited one way or the other from looting of our resources.

1. Gen AbdulSalami - known to have plundered our treasury in the ten months he ruled the nation before birthing the current democracy. The singular act of handing over to a civilian regime is the reason most Nigerians talk less about his corrupt practices.

2. Ayo Oritsejafor - even his church members cannot vouch for his integrity. He is so corrupt that his private plane was used to transport raw $15 million to South Africa. He represents anything but integrity.

3. Father Kukah - very likely benefited from GEJ's dollarization of pastors.

4. Sultan of Sokoto - same shoe as Kukah. He most likely supervised sharing of dollars to some other emirs during the desperate attempt of the Clueless to cling unto power.

So, why won't they talk the rubbish they're talking? Why won't "goats" do everything possible to ensure that the Chief Supplier of "yams" to them is not exposed?

Unfortunately for them, PMB as he's known to do, will ignore them especially since he's aware of their shaddy deals with Jona.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by RockMaxi: 9:00am On Aug 15, 2015

@sdindan, you people are beginning to come out of your shell but you have soon forgotten how the commonwealth of this nation have been squandered and kept in foreign accounts.
You all have an unconscious desire to see Nigeria and Nigerians worst off than the previous administration but God pass you all. angry

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by themilanway(m): 9:17am On Aug 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Old man stop making a fool of youself.We know you are useless but try and be a bit usefull to your wretched life.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by themilanway(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2015
"Even if Jonathan stole all the money,that he allowed for a peaceful transition is enough reason for PMB to spare him of probe"Bishop Kukah 2015.

The so called"man of God"has spoken.

I fear for this country.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by olawalepopoola: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2015
I beg stealing isn't corruption ooo. Jonathan no de corrupt ooo but he is a thief! Laughing in Otueke!!!
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Castigate Bishop Kukah, Sultan And Co by insecticide: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2015
Bishop Kukah goofed big time... he was trying to say the right thing, but, the way he said it was wrong mehn..

my opinion tho.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Vs Northerners: Hate And National Cohesion / Breaking News: Fashola, Amaechi, Ngigi, Onu, Lai Mohammed Make Buhari's List / Wait, A Lion Was Spotted In Ikorodu, Lagos Yesterday? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.