Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja (14536 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware / Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
People dey mumu on daily basis! It tthought its only girls that jonse like this. Something wey u the OP for buy credit ask lots of questions, or better still open a thread here and ask...

What if it was a ritualists scope of calling out victims from all over the country to come donate their head after been hypnotized.
Moreover, oNe-ChAnCe criminals full Abuja sef.

They mumu that even advertised the thing online won't compensate travellers.
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by Nuhusky: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
yousee:

Wetin no far? From kwangila park to jabi na 1500 or more.you get 5k plus accident risk to waste?
you forget to add the risk of being scam which make you fall into their hands
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by kennynelcon(m): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
grin grin my Bro you ain't walking alone.
I.T made me a victim, I get this message every week.

Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by stonecoldcafe: 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
Visocrate:
Just imagine this. I live in the northern part of Nigeria and as I was browsing Nairaland I came across a number 08165008122 calling for applications and I copied the number because I am looking for a greener pasture even though I was working but I thought that sourcing for another job with higher pay will go a long way solving my financial challenges.

Unknown to me that the number I copied will impoverish me, the fraudulent employer's address is located at first City Plaza in Abuja opposite leadway house central Area. I applied and i was shortlisted for the interview the following day by 7.30 am I hurriedly traveled to Abuja and squatted with a friend just to attend the interview.

On the very day of the interview, it was raining heavily but I needed to go because I need the job, but on getting to the venue I couldn't locate the place in the first place and I was calling the number 08165008122 but it wasn't going at a point I met a guy who told me that those people are GNLD and that some people come as far as from the East and South too for the Job, we waited for about 2 hours before one short and dark skinned young man appeared and was telling us about the supposedly operating company I kept calm until he finished then I walk away at first I felt as calling the police to arrest the boy but I believed God took control of the situation.

Now please, i will love the Mod to move this to front page so that applicants don't fall into the trap of these scammers Again though my first experiences with scammers.

I blame you. There are several threads in this same Nairaland giving you typical pointers to these time wasters AKA GNLD people. One indication would be applying for a job one night and getting the invite for an interview by the following day. No well respectable company will do that to you. You have yourself to blame. Better luck next time.
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by sainty2k3(m): 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
deebsman1:
Eya sori pele OP, the GNLDs they sure know how to annoy ehn......3rd to comment grin
Guy u don become first o
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
iykepromotions:
it's very unfortunate that this is happening. you are really cool tempered. so sorry for your adventure. let me add this, all these looking for job up and down may be risky at times. if you know about computer well, look for a way to make money online. there are many ups and downs too but you need to research on a system that works. am self employed and i make most of my money online.
pls how do i make money online
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by iykepromotions: 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
tessyg2:
pls how do i make money online
buying parking and selling of expired and new domain names. do a goggle search on it or visit julanky.com
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by bummyla(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by dtruseeker(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
Austin4lif:
Many people are still falling to it. Baba go slow should not let U win die. GEJ have tried, I blame APC for ordeal bro because they have nt started fulfilling their campaign promises especially the monthly 5k. Which would have been a plus to ur salary.
ANOTHER WAILER

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by Bflexing(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
[size=14pt]BEWARE OF ANY JOB THAT CALL YOU UP FOR INTERVIEW FEW DAYS AFTER YOU APPLY!!![/size]
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by Austin4lif: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
dtruseeker:
ANOTHER WAILER
u were a stunt wailer during GEJ regime. I hope u have gotten a job nw?
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by dtruseeker(m): 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
Austin4lif:
u were a stunt wailer during GEJ regime. I hope u have gotten a job nw?
Yes i've gotten. Now its ur time to find one 4 urself
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by Austin4lif: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
dtruseeker:
Yes i've gotten. Now its ur time to find one 4 urself
when GEJ was president, u are worried nw that baba go slow is a president u are still worried on what people say about him. Are u not ashamed of urself? Don't live ur life building or thinking on another man's dream or ambition, start building urs. I guess u will be more frustrated with the pace Baba snail is moving. Bro, my advice for u is to get a head and get ahead.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by limamintruth: 4:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
MadCow1:
Sorry o..

If to say you carry Nama waka from Zaria go sell for Abuja, you for carry one Honda Baby boy return as profit.

GNLD is the official Job scam of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.. grin

You wan tear my belle with laff bahhh? lol grin
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by mascori(m): 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
[b][/b][quote author=MadCow1 post=36948719]Sorry o..

If to say you carry Nama waka from Zaria go sell for Abuja, you for carry one Honda Baby boy return as profit.
BIGOT
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by Rebsy(f): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lol. ..It happened to me too. Lied to my boss that I was going to the hospital only for me to go there n experienced dat. I didn't even spend upto 29 mins there.
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by OCcool: 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Visocrate:
Just imagine this. I live in the northern part of Nigeria and as I was browsing Nairaland I came across a number 08165008122 calling for applications and I copied the number because I am looking for a greener pasture even though I was working but I thought that sourcing for another job with higher pay will go a long way solving my financial challenges.

Unknown to me that the number I copied will impoverish me, the fraudulent employer's address is located at first City Plaza in Abuja opposite leadway house central Area. I applied and i was shortlisted for the interview the following day by 7.30 am I hurriedly traveled to Abuja and squatted with a friend just to attend the interview.

On the very day of the interview, it was raining heavily but I needed to go because I need the job, but on getting to the venue I couldn't locate the place in the first place and I was calling the number 08165008122 but it wasn't going at a point I met a guy who told me that those people are GNLD and that some people come as far as from the East and South too for the Job, we waited for about 2 hours before one short and dark skinned young man appeared and was telling us about the supposedly operating company I kept calm until he finished then I walk away at first I felt as calling the police to arrest the boy but I believed God took control of the situation.

Now please, i will love the Mod to move this to front page so that applicants don't fall into the trap of these scammers Again though my first experiences with scammers.
OP, I also fell for this too. I called that same number last Saturday and I was invited for a teaching interview that Monday morning. The guy's name is Charles. I got there only to discover it was GNLD. At the end of the day, they were trying to persuade me to pay for their form (#12,100), told them I had no money on me except my transport they still asked me to drop something even if Its #200 to make my form valid. I refused, told them I will see them next week (if I hear say I go ). That was how I left there that day tired and hungry. It wasn't funny at all.
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by ewosk: 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
iykepromotions:
it's very unfortunate that this is happening. you are really cool tempered. so sorry for your adventure. let me add this, all these looking for job up and down may be risky at times. if you know about computer well, look for a way to make money online. there are many ups and downs too but you need to research on a system that works. am self employed and i make most of my money online.
what the way forward. show me how
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by 400billionman: 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thank God it was not criminals who scammed you.

Nothing spoil..
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by mhbabanna: 11:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
iykepromotions:
Hey man please shed more light about the online money making stuff.
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 15, 2015
Austin4lif:
Many people are still falling to it. Baba go slow should not let U win die. GEJ have tried, I blame APC for ordeal bro because they have nt started fulfilling their campaign promises especially the monthly 5k. Which would have been a plus to ur salary.

Don't go and work continue to blame the government for everything.

No be only 5k na 50k

You would wait till next generation
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by iykepromotions: 8:29am On Aug 15, 2015
mhbabanna:

Hey man please shed more light about the online money making stuff.
visit www.Nairaland.com/2515007/how-bought-domain-name-10
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by Austin4lif: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2015
Themaingate:

Don't go and work continue to blame the government for everything.

No be only 5k na 50k

You would wait till next generation
so Baba go slow is actually ONE CHANCE
Re: The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja by MOORCHMOORE(m): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
I had an encounter with them in Enugu last year.

A friend gave me a handbill about a newly established company seek for suitable candidate.
On the list was my would like position. So I called the contact on the flyer and was told that interview is on the next day. Hurriedly I prepare my C.V.
I was told to come somewhere St Joseph Emene around 10am.

The next day, I really dressed to kill, packaged my self and C.V.
It was difficult for me to locate the place but finally I made it.
When I called as he instructed me, he ask me to wait under a mango tree. To be honest I was scared as I wait there. Reason is that, the place I was at that moment was more like a primary or secondary school. No sign of company. While there I was imagining the personality that is coming to direct me. Only to see a guy that looks so dry (Okporoko) waving at me. Finally he took me to the venue, it was a class room. As i walk in, I saw some teenager seated as they receive lecture from another dried look girl(you know that type cause by hardships & stress). I stayed and list as she talk rubbish. My anger was that I was made to seat and listen to a girl that am not sure finish secondary school. She was make fake acronym. Example, She would ask who can tell us the meaning of N.A.H.K.Y. When no one answer, she or her partner will answer "Never Allow Hunger Kill You". I was so embarrassed seeing myself seating with secondary school students. After like 20min she introduce a networking business "GNLD". That was when I stood up and left, their one of them try to persuade me. I was so furious with him. It was the same package I mock my guy that told me he attended at holy ghost enugu. That I stress my self to emene. A place I've not been for almost 2year.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FBN Group Calling? / How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation / Maersk Line 2015 Customer Service PLI Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.