Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

ATTENTION! Vacancies For Passionate Writers, Bloggers & Editors In Online Media - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / ATTENTION! Vacancies For Passionate Writers, Bloggers & Editors In Online Media (758 Views)

Passionate Writer/blogger To Partner With An Online Based News Website / Vacancies For Writers / Are You Passionate About Movies & Cinemas? Can You Write For Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ATTENTION! Vacancies For Passionate Writers, Bloggers & Editors In Online Media by cvibe2: 11:42am On Aug 14, 2015
An online media situated in Lagos is recruiting writers and editors to manage its websites. This position is strictly for people who are passionate about writing and producing creative and engaging content, blogging, editing, and news reporting without copy pasting someone else's work.

Focus Areas: News, Style, Beauty, Fashion, Weddings, Entertainment, Events, Lifestyle, Politics, Entrepreneurship, Career, Tech

Job Status: Full Time

Requirements: Applicants must have a very good grasp of English comprehension and grammar and must be able to communicate effectively.
They must also be creative, confident and hard working. A good knowledge of online news, business, politics, entertainment, wedding, fashion trends, and social media would also be beneficial within this role.

Candidates who are also very familiar with national/international online news platforms, social media, and who have some experience with blogging and uploading content on websites have a better chance of being shortlisted.

Roles: The job roles include writing articles; attending events for news articles, photography, social media, sourcing news online; copy-editing content and uploading content online.

Qualification: This job is open to Corp Members, SSCE, Diploma and OND Holders. Candidates interested in Internship in an online media company can also apply.

Suitability: The available vacancies are more suitable for people who are as passionate as Linda Ikeji; Christian Amanpour, Hala Gorani, or Richard Quest of CNN

Please, if this is your favorite sentence "it's too stressful", Do Not Bother to Apply!.

To Apply

Interested candidates should send their CV and two writing samples (engaging content) with subject: BBNEGC101

The email should contain a short cover letter (maximum 300 words) clearly outlining why you are the best candidate for this job. Candidates who have articles already published online should send links to such articles.

Paste CV, cover letter and writing samples in the body of the email. Attachments will not be accepted.

*** Please note. This is a full time job. We are not looking for freelance or part-time writers.
Re: ATTENTION! Vacancies For Passionate Writers, Bloggers & Editors In Online Media by aceTS: 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
Before I waste your time and mine applying for this job, I need you to clarify a couple of things

1. When you emphasize that the work is full time, are you implying I must reside in the same town you are based in even though the work is online?

2. How important is my cv related to the fact that I can write damn
good articles and also have a fair knowledge of how to edit WordPress websites? My point is, are you looking for a very competent writer or an impressive cv?

Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Closed. / GONE!! I Need 2-3 Experienced Writers For Long-term Engagement N1/word / Creative Content Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.