Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu (11624 Views)

Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension / Makeup Transformation Of New Olori Of Ikorodu Land(pics) / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Tunjman(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
A Lagos State High Court in Ikeja on Friday halted the ongoing coronation ceremony to fill the vacant stool of Ayangburen, the traditional ruler of Ikorodu Kingdom, in Lagos State.

The Ayangburen stool became vacant on August 1, 2014, after the passage of Oba S.A.A. Oyefusi.

The ceremony to crown the new Ayangburen, which had been scheduled for Saturday, August 15, 2015, was halted on Friday by Justice O.O. Ogungbesan “in the interest of justice.”

Ogungbesan said she was satisfied from the evidence placed before the court that unquantifiable damages would be done if the coronation ceremony was allowed to go on as scheduled.

She therefore restrained the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, or anyone acting under his authority, from going ahead on Saturday to crown the current Odofin of Ikorodu, Chief Kabiru Shotebi, as the new Ayangburen of Ikorodu Kingdom.

The judge also stopped Shotebi from either “presenting himself for coronation” or “parading himself as the Ayangburen of Ikorodu, or actualising any recognition thereon as such, or exercising any of the Ayangburen royal functions,” pending the determination of a suit filed by one Odupitan Eniola, from the Lambo branch of the Lasunwon chieftaincy family of Ikorodu Kingdom.

Eniola, through his lawyer, Mr. Joseph Okobiemen, had approached the court with an ex parte application praying the court to halt the scheduled coronation of Shotebi, who hailed from the Adegorushe branch of the Lasunwon chieftaincy family, as the new Ayangburen of Ikorodu Kingdom.

The applicant claimed that it was the turn of the Lambo branch of the Lasunwon chieftaincy family, from which he came, to present the next Ayangburen, adding that he had been nominated by the family to be crowned as the new Ayangburen at meetings held on September 7 and 21, 2014.

Eniola claimed that the Adegorushe family had already benefitted after Shotebi became the Odofin of Ikorodu kindgom, following a court judgment on April 1, 2009 in a suit marked IKD/57/2007.

Besides, Eniola claimed that there was a case pending in court bordering on a dispute over the vacant stool, saying that if the coronation ceremony was allowed to go on, “a fait accompli will be foisted on the honourable court.”

“The 1st respondent is making plans, during the pendency of this suit and in concert with other respondents, to organise a coronation ceremony, which is now in the advanced stage, to crown the first respondent as the Ayangburen of Ikorodu Kingdom, in a ceremony which has been scheduled to hold between 2nd and 15th August, 2015.

“This is in spite of this suit pending before this honourable court.

“The claimant wants the honourable court to exercise its discretion in favour of the claimant by granting this application, so as to preserve the order and judgment of this honourable court made in suit number IKD/57/2007.

“The balance of convenience is on the claimant’s side and the claimant will suffer more if the respondents are allowed to continue their acts of flagrant disregard for the orders, judgment and suits pending before the honourable court.

“I undertake to pay damages to the respondents if this application is wrongly granted,” one Prince Shakiru Shodipo, a principal member of the Lambo branch, averred in an affidavit of urgency.

Justice Ogungbesan, in her ruling on Friday, said she found merit in Eniola’s application and therefore stopped Shotebi’s coronation as prayed.

The judge directed that the order should be served on the respondents within five days.

She adjourned the motion on notice till August 26, 2014 for mention.

Joined as respondents in the suit are Shotebi; the Olisa/Regent of Ikorodu, Chief Zacheus Odusoga; and other kingnakers of Ikorodu Kingdom – Chief Afolabi Adekanyaoja, Chief Karimu Ore and Chief Jacob Adaraloye.

Others sued were the Ikorodu Local Government, the Ikorodu Division of Council of Obas/Chiefs, the Secretary, Ikorodu Chieftaincy Committee, the Lagos State Ministry of Chieftaincy Affairs, the Attorney General of Lagos and Lagos State Governor.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/court-halts-coronation-of-new-anyagburen-of-ikorodu/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ok

"She therefore restrained the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, or anyone acting under his authority, from going ahead on Saturday to crown the current Odofin of Ikorodu, Chief Kabiru Shotebi, as the new Ayangburen of Ikorodu Kingdom".

lalasticlala....... shocked

1 Like

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by hardeniji(m): 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
opeeee o I made FTTC ( FIRST TEN TO COMMENT)
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Arch1: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lalasticlala, ishilove, this is a breaking news and it deserves to be on the front page. The planed coronation of the Ayangburen of Ikorodu which was scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled following court order.

Btw, two ruling houses from the same chieftancy family are fighting over the royal stool of ikorodu, SMH.

Jimi Agbaje, the PDP Gubernatorial candidate in the last election is also from the Lasunwon Chieftancy family

2 Likes

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by sukkot: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
ikorodu me backayard
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
Okay
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
hardeniji:
opeeee o I made FTTC ( FIRST TEN TO COMMENT)
Congrat visit A division tomorrow to claim your price.

1 Like

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by jaybee104(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by tobtap: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
kk
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by nanizle(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
I have a feeling that they will go ahead with the coronation tomorrow...

1 Like

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by ihatebuhari(f): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
K
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by beycity(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
Gbhen! gehen!!!!...... I tort Oracle decides who will be the king?

1 Like

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
Arch1:
Lalasticlala, ishilove, this is a breaking news and it deserves to be on the front page. The planed coronation of the Ayangbure of Ikrorodu which was scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled following court order.

Btw, two ruling houses from the same chieftancy family are fighting over the royal stool of ikorodu, SMH

How much is the stool worth?

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by donbugy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
Fresh spamming tools available.
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by ArmaniUhuru: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
A
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by ladyF(f): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hope money didn't enter someone's hand in court?

It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
beycity:
Oracle has been sidelined by money and politics. Oracle ko ifa ni undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by ArmaniUhuru: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
beycity:

You thought abi? Ogbeni This is democracy, oracle no get mouth again..........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by digismart: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
ladyF:
Hope money didn't enter someone's hand in court?

It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin

Are you really this jobless?

1 Like

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by priscaoge(f): 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
The poster above me cheesy cheesy cheesy ↑ ↑ ↑
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
HUNNNNN REALy tongue tongue
priscaoge:
The poster above me cheesy cheesy cheesy ↑ ↑ ↑
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Lstar4real(m): 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
Great moved by the Lasunwon family ...Someone that was the odofin of ikorodu for years hailed from adegorushen family was now nominated as the King....i was expecting somone from lasunwon family to be the King......was shocked when i saw odofin dominated again......am not hating....Never reach my family turn though. grin

Money and Politics
Everywhere

1 Like

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thank God ooooo...... There will be no traffic and ritual tomorrow. #i won't wake up early tomorrow.
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by bababuff(m): 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
ArmaniUhuru:

You thought abi? Ogbeni This is democracy, oracle no get mouth again..........

who tell you that?

IFA has been talking since 600AD grin
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by tpiah2: 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lstar4real:
Great moved by the Lasunwon family ...Someone that was the odofin of ikorodu for years hailed from adegorushen family was now nominated as the King....i was expecting somone from lasunwon family to be the King......was shocked when i saw odofin dominated again......ugh. grin

you don't sound like you know what you're talking about.

even shymexx would type more convincingly than this. undecided
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by tpiah2: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
@ topic

what's the meaning of that title? Does anyone know?
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by Lstar4real(m): 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
tpiah2:

you don't sound like you know what you're talking about.

even shymexx would type more convincingly than this. undecided
if you don't understand what's happening... Then look elsewhere... Better still give us your convincing opinion wink

Edited

Its not politics na where someone can jumped from one position to others....maybe u reason with your an.......don't know....by the way why u edit my comment.... U must be a undecided fellow
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by AreaFada2: 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
Na wa
Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by chukslawrence(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
Omo Eluku Meden Meden
Omo Asale Jeje Bi Eniti Ori Obirin Ri
Bi ogun bi ogbon aya wan beni’le
Omo Ake Nigbo, Ki eru Ba Ara Ona
Omo Osinwin Rewa Loke Ota-Ona
Omo Aleremo Seji
Omo Magbo Igbore
Omo Imale Afeleja
Omo Likopa Nimeru Ogudu
Omo Liwe Likoro
Omo Ikorodu Oriwu
Omo Awa'ye Ma Ba Tise Wa
Omo Ikorodu Oga
Omo Magbo 'gbore
Omo Likopa Ni' tesin
Omo Meru Ogudu
Omo Ad'obalohun
Omo Kunkunke
Omo Onidi Agban’gbe
Ikorodu, Ilu Ti ko lalaru
Olorun Jowo Bawa Da Ilu Ikorodu si
Amin.

5 Likes

Re: Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu by ikorodureporta: 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
So, dem don waste all d week's activities........adonbilivit**Ifa dnt see dis coming**

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Americans Lack Values And Culture / Eri King Performs Alo-mmo Festival [PHOTOS] / Nigerian Tribes Stereotypes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.