Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,829 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React (18350 Views)

Short & Deceitful Little Imps Osinbajo Is Sick, His Nightmare Just Started – FFK / Benue Indigenes React To Nnamdi Kanu's "No Biafra Without Rivers & Benue" Talk / Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by otr1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
Anyone not satisfied with this explanation should embrace the lagoon option.
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by otr1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
micronut:

I wish you can have evidence for all you are saying. I want you to call any relative in the town (if you have one) to give you situation reports. I was there even through out last week and to my amazement, still saw okadas plying the roads around 10pm, the streets is still with people as if nothing is happening.. Even are not that secret, they would have come up if there is anything inhumane... Make findings before you use mouth hang people sir.
Stop wasting your time on robots.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by micronut(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
tinkinjow:
OP please STFU people are being slaughtered daily in the ooni's palace. stop deceiving people.
Even many honest ife idigenes will confirm this

Hmn.......Swear to god, that people are been slaughtered daily? Yorubas are not bokoharams, the santity of life is sacred and we don't. joke with. give us the fone numbers of those whose families are being slaughtered and let the public be aware... Peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by otr1(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
funkybully:

10 days mourning is not 10 days curfew. What happens during d curfew period? Helpless citizens are killed and used for sacrifice.

Can't u mourn ur king without restricting movement? What happens to women that have labour within that curfew period? Emergency duty call by doctors nko?

This is barbaric culture that must give way to modernity my friend
Go and protest in Ile-Ife, not on Nairaland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wordcat(m): 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
funkybully:

10 days mourning is not 10 days curfew. What happens during d curfew period? Helpless citizens are killed and used for sacrifice.

Can't u mourn ur king without restricting movement? What happens to women that have labour within that curfew period? Emergency duty call by doctors nko?

The next write up will read; "No such thing as curfew, people were only advised to stay at home to avoid". unnecessary tension.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by haqueurate(m): 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
Op clearly the jokes on you!
Most nigerians are aware that ancient cultural practices that include human sacrifice have been abolished, not only in youruba land but in most places
the reference of jokes made with respect to abobaku was just an avenue to bring smiles and fun into pubic events
you however feel like the only educated nigerian on a mission to correct the rest illiterates in the country thereby going into this long epistle undecided

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by funkybully(f): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
micronut:

I wish you can have evidence for all you are saying. I want you to call any relative in the town (if you have one) to give you situation reports. I was there even through out last week and to my amazement, still saw okadas plying the roads around 10pm, the streets is still with people as if nothing is happening.. People are not that secret, they would have come out if there is anything inhumane... Make findings before you use mouth hang people sir.

From eleyele layout to gbadegesin to parakin, omiokun, to akarabata to oranmiyan etc every where is like grave yard. Nobody want to b caught unaware. U think if there is no sinister motive ppl won't come out to by this time to do evening trade n buying?
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by funkybully(f): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
haqueurate:
Op clearly the jokes on you!
Most nigerians are aware that ancient cultural practices that include human sacrifice have been abolished, not only in youruba land but in most places
the reference of jokes made with respect to abobaku was just an avenue to bring smiles and fun into pubic events
you however feel like the only educated nigerian on a mission to correct the rest illiterates in the country thereby going into this long epistle undecided

Why then was the article written in this age by a Yoruba writer seeking legislation against it if they were abolished
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by BushidoBlue(m): 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
Omotayor123:
So now, Where Is Abobaku

You are wicked ooooo grin grin grin
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
otr1:
Anyone not satisfied with this explanation should embrace the lagoon option.

Yea, just as helicopter carrying your brothers just did day before yesterday. Now your Oba said, your governor never appease the goddess.
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
Omotayor123:
So now, Where Is Abobaku
saw him very close to argentine border

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
micronut:

Same reason why South African Gov't declared 10days Mourning and work free for Late Nelson Mandela... It's a cultural sign of honour to a traditional Ruler.
mtcheeew fat lie
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by macof(m): 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
funkybully:

Oh you moronic one. . Culture is for modernity

Do you have proof that people are sacrificed? Why do you like lying?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by macof(m): 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
tinkinjow:
OP please STFU people are being slaughtered daily in the ooni's palace. stop deceiving people.
give us the names of those slaughtered and fone numbers of those whose families are being slaughtered and let the public be aware

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by misterEli: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
I'm serving in ile-ife, and I went to d palace for a visit before d king died. We were taken round and shown lots of amusing stuff such like d ogun shrine, etc etc. My point is we were told about d abobaku that they actually exist, but we weren't told dat they were buried wit d king after death. We were told dat anywhere d king is going, the abobaku goes wit him. He provides a spiritual defence for d king and protects him against physical and spiritual attacks. The abobaku actually does exist. But wat I can't say is if they r being killed wit d king (guess I shud av asked if I had an idea). And also, Ife is in total curfew right now. I even took bike from d OAU campus to my house at sabo for 500naira(something dat was usually 80naira) around 7pm because no bike was available, no one wanted to b used as ritual. I'm here in ife and I'm giving u fact. The town is in total lockdown right now. No market activities and business of any sort, banks inclusive. Market women who were selling in front of their houses were been beating and given stern warning (www.punchng.com/news/seven-day-curfew-begins-after-oonis-burial-today/). That link has d story of everything I just said. People hav been reported missing (it cud b other ritualists, not confirmed who is responsible). The whole town is in total catastrophe. But dis doesn't mean yorubas r lesser dan any other tribe, it's just their culture. See photos of me at d palace below

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
funkybully:

Cursed culturless flaaathead, kindly get lost from Yoruba land and go back to your gulf erosion. Yes, we are barbaric and we kill people when our king dies. If you are not happy with it,kindly park your useless luggage and your useless OSU outcast life out of Yoruba land and never come back again. Eediotic foool of a flaaathead. Bastard!!!
What are you still doing here gan in the first place? Your cursed self say we are bad, yet you keep on staying like a homeless dog. You call Nigeria a zoo, yet, you can't go back to your useless culturless gully erosioned village.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
DikeOha882:
Abobaku equals cannibalism

Just imagine burying a human being together with oba? The culture stinks

You mean the same way that aba stinks?

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lol, ababoku aka barbaric culture stinks
wadetaw202:

You mean the same way that aba stinks?
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
tinkinjow:

And can you give evidence that people are being slaughtered? Has your father, mother, sister, friends, family members or anybody you know got slaughtered? Give evidence or shut your steipid mouth up.
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
ebamma:
Denying that a king is buried with alive or dead humans is nothing new, but many of us know that it still happens in many parts of the country,

I bet the Abobaku might have even been kidnapped by the Ife chiefs and is cooling off in one shrine somewhere in Ife, for onward interment with the Oba

You bet without evidence? You are a cursed bastard
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by Alphaoscar: 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
funkybully:

Stop yarning dust! How many reported cases of missing person have you heard from the town and its environs since the death of the King? You all just like behaving like brainless idiots.
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
DikeOha882:
Lol, ababoku aka barbaric culture stinks

May curse and destruction never leave your home forever for plying untrue like an eediot. Do you have evidence of any abobaku or you just heard people saying it and you decide to join them like a fooool without bearing?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
wordcat:

The next write up will read; "No such thing as curfew, people were only advised to stay at home to avoid". unnecessary tension.

You this flaàthead bastard should give us evidence that people are being slaughtered or just shut up. And why haven't you gone to your gully erosion yet? What are you still doing in Yoruba land. If you are not careful, this nonsense you eediots are doing on nairaland will make Yoruba's turn against you on the street. By the time some of you disappear, you will know what we are talking about. Useless valueless bastard

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
funkybully:

From eleyele layout to gbadegesin to parakin, omiokun, to akarabata to oranmiyan etc every where is like grave yard. Nobody want to b caught unaware. U think if there is no sinister motive ppl won't come out to by this time to do evening trade n buying?

Yes, maybe people are afraid to come out, according to your narration. But have you heard of anyone being killed? If you have no evidence of any death, then shut up or just go back to your empty and unfruitful gully erosion.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
wadetaw202:

May curse and destruction never leave my home forever my parents born me as eediot. Do you have evidence of any abobaku or you just heard people saying it and you decide to join them like a fooool without bearing?
yes my boi you are curse to your generation

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by ebamma(m): 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
wadetaw202:

You bet without evidence? I am a cursed bastard

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
DikeOha882:
yes, i am a curse to my generation. That is why I am a wanderer like my father Cain. The curse will follow me until I die in one quiet gully erosion in my village
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wordcat(m): 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
wadetaw202:

You this flaàthead bastard should give us evidence that people are being slaughtered or just shut up. And why haven't you gone to your gully erosion yet? What are you still doing in Yoruba land. If you are not careful, this nonsense you eediots are doing on nairaland will make Yoruba's turn against you on the street. By the time some of you disappear, you will know what we are talking about. Useless valueless bastard

Mumu
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
cheesy cheesy[quote author=wadetaw202 post=36964678][/quote] eggheader I don't want fight with a pig to avoid being dirty like abobaku.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
ebamma:
the curse God gave my father Cain is on me forever and on my children and their children after them. We are OSU's and we are rejected by our own people. We ran to yorubaland for protection, but the curse refuse to leave us alone. Can you now see how valueless my life is and that of my generations unborn? The only option for me is to either get drowned in the lagoon or perish in a gully erosion.
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by wadetaw202: 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
DikeOha882:
I am a foool and I can't stop behaving like one. Don't blame me; instead, blame my very flat head that looks like an uneven express road..
Re: The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React by ebamma(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=wadetaw202 post=36964816][/quote]your father don suffer, Why you dey curse am like this nah?,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna: We Hold Everyone To Account For These Latest Killings – Buhari / Isaac Olawale: It’s Strange None Of Kankara Schoolboys’ Abductors Was Arrested / APC Wishes Nigerians Happy Valentine’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.