Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony (66781 Views)

3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by pmc01(m): 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
lastpage:

Monogamy (or serial Polygamy) is a "Western" ideology, it has NOTHING to do with Christianity!

Even the best buddies of God the Father, have more then one wife!

From Pa Abraham who is resting in the bossom of the Lord and also know as "friend of God", to Uncle David who God Himself called "The Apple of my eye", the only person who could do ANYTHING and still get away with it, with God to even Bros Solomon whom God said hehas given wisdom like he had not given any before, whom God ordained to build Him a Temple where he can Chillax...... e.t.c

The "WEST" needed a formula that made "inheritance and sharing of property" EASY...and hence settled for Monogamy.... then criminalized polygamy so as to force Obedience to it even when it was obvious that it is unnatural and therefore being resisted.

Ofcourse, it benefits women since men naturally die earlier than women (due to all the wahala/brouhaha of acquiring wealth for the "wife" ) and the "only wife" stands to benefit from such a "greedy arrangement" .......so dont be surprised on realizing that women are monogamy's greatest proponent, even though they are also the "unwanted additional wife".!

But then, the Oyibos' created a "way out": marry, divorce, marry again, divorce again, as many times as you are able to!
Its called serial monogamy. Not different from polygamy except that it preserves the greed of the "one woman" bent on inheriting all the goodies

Lastpage!

Interesting. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Lilimax(f): 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
If going by the story that he surrendered his life to Christ before his death, I'm sure he'll be having a good laugh from paradise about the foolishness of men.
The way mortals are going about his burial in the name of tradition. embarassed

Precious in the sight of God is the death of his saint (Psalms 116:15) smiley
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by omalcha(f): 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
Rest easy
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
sonnie10:
Second one from the right looks like the trouble maker.
First one on the right na the SU
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by tpiah2: 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
toyetade:

I thought they said the Ooni became born again before his death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E-0P-6pRlw

yes, they said that.

However, its not certain if his wives did, although one of them might be a pastor.
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Omotayor123(f): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
sonnie10:
Second one from the right looks like the trouble maker.
grin

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Aikon: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/

This is sad.

The least they could have done is make sure they captured abobaku before commencing with the burial ceremony

Poor Ooni!

\

You support human killing as part of culture and tradition in this age?
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by tpiah2: 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
sltn:
"the great Ooni of ife" may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
i can remarry the last wife
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Duru009(m): 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Legal wivies.......

Is dre illegal ones.....
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by InvertedHammer: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Aikon:

You support human killing as part of culture and tradition in this age?

Reading vs. Comprehension
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Aikon: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
InvertedHammer:

Reading vs. Comprehension
...Reading again
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Eluwilussit(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
247frolicboss:

Late Ooni of Ife first wife,The Ooni's most senior wife The Yeyeluwa OLORI MORISOLA SIJUWADE and three other legal wives attended the burial ceremony today.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/photo-wives-of-late-ooni-of-ife-at.html

So why dem no select one of them use bury the Ooni? The first wife would be just fine, since she lived longest with him. In life and in death, nothing should separate them. Not even the extra wives.
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by tpiah2: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
Eluwilussit:

So why dem no select one of them use bury the Ooni? The first wife would be just fine, since she lived longest with him. In life and in death, nothing should separate them. Not even the extra wives.

you can go in her place since the matter pains you.
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by fortune1968: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Awon alooku ooni. Any man wey climb dem climb gobe
NA LIE ! if u dey fear ; just wear your rubber !
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Studs: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
So they are illegal ones.... Nicee
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Pavore9: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
sonnie10:

Ok since its not fair to single out just one, let's do justice to all. From right to left of ur screen;

1st) The real mother of the house
2nd)The trouble maker
3rd) She takes all the hit
4th) The auditor general. Knows all of Oba's assets
5th) How cares? all she cares about is her own children's welfare

You are kinda of right in your profiling. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Jalinco: 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
Alaafin's wives clean pass Ooni own o
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by 9jatatafo(m): 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
RIP. Where is the abobaku?
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by stroker(m): 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
These are his wives please...
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Eluwilussit(m): 7:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
tpiah2:

you can go in her place since the matter pains you.

Hypocrite. You should be the one to go in her place, since u are her attorney. Of what use is she to the Ooni, if they are truly looking for someone(abobaku) to bury him with?

I am sure this is just an outdated culture. I have more respect for the west and don't think they will use a particular person for this purpose. All the same, we are talking of Naija. Anything is possible. Abeg, help me volunteer. I am on vacation. I will sort your people when I come back. Adios. Journey well.
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by ademusiwa3: 7:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
[size=28pt]I wish his family, well, and bear the lost.

May his soul rest in peace.

Sad news... [/size]
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Nonsoxtain(m): 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
247frolicboss:

Late Ooni of Ife first wife,The Ooni's most senior wife The Yeyeluwa OLORI MORISOLA SIJUWADE and three other legal wives attended the burial ceremony today.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/photo-wives-of-late-ooni-of-ife-at.html

na wa oooo,na only one man get all dis women.
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by IYANGBALI: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
fortune1968:
NA LIE ! if u dey fear ; just wear your rubber !
omo you mean say you go fit climb those women?the man go don deposit plenty jazz inside dem o
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by kenoz(m): 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
okay
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by tiredface: 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
This is Yoruba in 2015 ,this is a man they will bury alive with the Oba Sijuwade .
Where are the ADEBOYE OF RCCG ,WHERE ARE ADEKOYA OF MOUNTAIN OF FIRE ,WHERE ARE THE oyedepos ...
Does it mean that Yoriba religion starts and end with TITHES AND OFFERING ? CAN THEY STAND BY AND THIS MAN IS OFFERED AS A LIVING SACRIFICE on the altar of barbaric tradition ? https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11885141_1682016142028516_1456343349268366290_n.jpg?oh=06ef19bb723d393058490325d6d5b9a6&oe=5649DC75
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Rexyl(m): 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
emmasege:
It looks like the most senior wife has a born again Christian's code. There would be great surprises in heaven. What if the late Ooni gave his life to Christ on his hospital bed and finally made it? Lucky is a man who lived to his age and saw death coming, and gave his life to Christ. Foolish is the one who lived up to his age, saw death coming and still declined to reconcile with God through Christ.

How do you know that? Really God doesn't want death of a sinner but that a sinner repents and turns to him before death strikes. While at the same time no one can mock God, whatever man sows he shall reap.
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by ademusiwa3: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
[size=38pt]Women out number men by 2:1 or more. any country where they claim men and women are 1:1 are telling lies..[/size]

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=images/wedding_three_wives_804235855.jpg&size=article_large[/img]
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by tpiah2: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I am hypocrite. I should be the one to go in her place, since I am a pokenose. Of what use am I to the Ooni.

I am sure this is just an outdated culture. I have more respect for the west and don't think they will use a particular person for this purpose. All the same, we are talking of Naija. Anything is possible. Abeg, I volunteer. I am on vacation. I will sort my people when I come back. Adios. I will journey well.
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by Eluwilussit(m): 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=tpiah2 post=36962178][/quote]

grin grin grin Bruh you got talent. Good try. Thumbs up! Anyway, it is good to take note of you. How's life treating you? Hope u ve got great plans for the weekend. Enjoy man. grin . No hard feelings. grin
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by tpiah2: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
Eluwilussit:

grin grin grin Bruh I got talent. Good try. Thumbs up! Anyway, it is good to take note of me. How's life treating me? Hope I ve got great plans for the weekend. Enjoy man. grin . No hard feelings. grin
Re: Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony by grandstar(m): 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/

This is sad.

The least they could have done is make sure they captured abobaku before commencing with the burial ceremony

Poor Ooni!

\

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) / Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.