Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention (1981 Views)

JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence / BREAKING: Resident Doctors Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
Resident doctors of the University College Hospital, Ibadan, have suspended the 105-day strike, which began on May 1, 2015.

The doctors said former President Olusegun Obasanjo had brokered a truce between the association and the UCH
management.
Six hundred and seventy doctors in the hospital, under the auspices of the National Association of Resident Doctors, have been on strike since May 1 to protest against the non-implementation of a circular reportedly issued by the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation.

The circular dwells on the doctors’ welfare and promotion.
Late on Friday, however, the doctors called off the strike,
explaining that Obasanjo and the Central Council of Ibadan
Indigenes had resolved the disagreement, necessitating the
suspension of the strike for the sake of the suffering patients.
UCH-ARD President, Dr. Lukman Ogunjinmi, said work would resume immediately in the hospital.

He said, “Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, elders in the health sector and CCII elders have intervened in the crisis and work will resume for the sake of the suffering patients.”

Source : http://www.punchng.com/news/uch-doctors-suspend-strike-after-obasanjo-elders-intervention

Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention by DEXTROVERT: 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
T
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention by Famocious(m): 12:05am On Aug 15, 2015
Obasanjo...the living ebora Owu to'n laa vanilla Ice cream !

Many thanks Baba for the mediation.

Heard LUTH ARD has also suspended her on strike due to Baba Obasanjo intervention .

1 Like

Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention by Waliyllahi(m): 7:01am On Aug 15, 2015
Really? I hope d college wont ask us to repeat our postings
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention by Waliyllahi(m): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2015
just confirmed d news. thanks @ op
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention by ChelseaDr(m): 9:15am On Aug 15, 2015
You needed to see the drama that happened at the hilltop mansion of OBJ. The strike should have been avoided in the first place. The problem in the health sector is neither JOHESU nor NMA/NARD but the CMDs and the PS FMoH. You needed to see how those CMDs were trying so hard shifting blame to others but thank God for OBJ who told them their sins in their faces. Where is the committee of CMDs?

I think it is high time competent administrators ran our hospitals not these stethoscope-dangling, egocentric comedians.
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 15, 2015
ChelseaDr:
You needed to see the drama that happened at the hilltop mansion of OBJ. The strike should have been avoided in the first place. The problem in the health sector is neither JOHESU nor NMA/NARD but the CMDs and the PS FMoH. You needed to see how those CMDs were trying so hard shifting blame to others but thank God for OBJ who told them their sins in their faces. Where is the committee of CMDs?

I think it is high time competent administrators ran our hospitals not these stethoscope-dangling, egocentric comedians.

I agree with you. I saw the write up on what transpired at Abeokuta as well.

I think it is high time our health institutions are privatized and allow to be run by competent administrators.

Committee of CMDs is unregistered association thus illegal and criminal !

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! I'm Seeing My Period Twice In A Month / Neolife Supplements For Low Libido & Prostate Enlargements Management / Erection Problems.. Premature Ejaculation& ED,5HERBS For Permanent Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.