Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,713 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial (50879 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo Attends Obas’ Council Meeting At Ooni’s Palace For The First Time / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' / Jennifer Obayuwana At Ooni Of Ife’s Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by engrfaruq(m): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2015
I hope Abobaku was allowed.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by janvier27(m): 8:22am On Aug 15, 2015
So much imaginations and insinuations. How else do we want them to explain that certain practices have been abolished? Culture and Science & Technology can be mutually exclusive. Neither should be condemned.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:23am On Aug 15, 2015
The Araba dispelled the belief that the heart of the late king would be fed to the next Ooni.
Can i believe this?

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by malikisah: 8:23am On Aug 15, 2015
revolt:
im sure it was a brutal burial of slaughter, bloodshed, nasty gory severed head arrangements, baby limbs, heart eating cannibalistic blood drinking rites.

the blackman and useless cultures. the dead are given more attention than the living. everythinhg about these cultures are in reverse. if only all these efforts in preserving these mundane traditions can be channeled to science and technology or farming.

it is only a senseless person that will talk/ write this way. Yu don't have to comment . Make u no buy market wey no concern you o!

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Christianwalase: 8:25am On Aug 15, 2015
Useless and wicked tradition. So, is he greater than the Queen of England that people see her corpse? They claim they no longer use human head for the burial, so why didnt they allow people to see his corpse? Mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 15, 2015
I believe Pastors and Imam should interfering in burial rites of Obas and others who have proclaimed other faiths other than he Abrahamic faiths. They have no overriding rights over those people. They know what they have signed up for and it is too late in death to redeem them.

If Oba Sijaude was serious about his vow to Jesus Christ, he would have relinquished the seat to truly serve his Lord but, his selfishness was too great to let him see the irony of it.

My dad asked him if I would allowed him to be buried according to traditional rites if he died as a king, I said yes. If he was brave enough to take on a traditional seat and engage in the traditional rites while he was alive he must be brave enough to see to its end *Wetin consign me*

3 Likes

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2015
Our western bros them...#smh.
So enslaved to a 4ktup tradition. Maybe all these slavery is same thing tht makes them enslaved to sex shiiii and ritualists things.

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by thewarrior72: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2015
Euyoruba people & barbarism, when will these tribe get civilized?. Must they keep &maintaint traditions & cultures that defied all logic in this twenty first century? ....pathetic 20th century savages.

Thank God for Christianity & the flexibility of igbo cultures to evolve adapt to the modern times we are into, & throwing away the espect that is not in consonance with the civilized world.

All hail THE ACCLAIMED BARBARIC SOPHISTICATED TRIBE.

2 Likes

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Chigold101(m): 8:31am On Aug 15, 2015
onomeasike:
Even as an Ife prince and later the anointed Ooni,I know that the departed Ooni knew all these before accepting to be on the throne of his forebears.
All members of such families have equally had their orientation ahead of this kind of situation. They know that the corpse of their father,as descendants of Oranmiyan, belongs to the whole of Yoruba kingdom.
you actually justified act of denying people the final opportunity to see the body of their late one...
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by sparkleRed(f): 8:31am On Aug 15, 2015
Those pple sayn abaobaku ran, they will call I'm back" just his name and his mother will do the job, ve u nt seen pple they called from overseas back, buh most of dem end up being useless though, same happened wen d oba in Ikorodu was 2 be buried, he must die with d king ni na, wen they gave him d appointment he should ve refused na, " oma kpe pada wa ni, ko si bi to ma salo si nw

Buh it wont be announced that he was killed with d Ooni na

Forgive my typo/ grammatical errors! No tym
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 15, 2015
azimibraun:
Do you know the definition of "Drama" at all? What element of "suprise" will you say came with the decision? Everybody you mentioned knows years before now how the process was expected to go..

Let me help you define "Drama" Drama is Orubebe in front of Jega on that day of collation of presidential election results. That is "DRAMA"

LOLZ

That is Nigerian journalism for you.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Abless212: 8:47am On Aug 15, 2015
Eniyan dudu pelu iwa dudu. Dey are using dr own to dstop anoda ppl safety and again in a country dat av laws, so ppl we nw b usin for sacrifice? I wonder wat our government we b doin if diz tin happen.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 15, 2015
thewarrior72:
Euyoruba people & barbarism, when will these tribe get civilized?. Must they keep &maintaint traditions & cultures that defied all logic in this twenty first century? ....pathetic 20th century savages.

Thank God for Christianity & the flexibility of igbo cultures to evolve adapt to the modern times we are into, & throwing away the espect that is not in consonance with the civilized world.

All hail THE ACCLAIMED BARBARIC SOPHISTICATED TRIBE.

Ode!
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by KMB: 8:49am On Aug 15, 2015
All in all....6ft
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by sdindan: 8:52am On Aug 15, 2015
revolt:
im sure it was a brutal burial of slaughter, bloodshed, nasty gory severed head arrangements, baby limbs, heart eating cannibalistic blood drinking rites.

the blackman and useless cultures. the dead are given more attention than the living. everythinhg about these cultures are in reverse. if only all these efforts in preserving these mundane traditions can be channeled to science and technology or farming.

After they will say
We are the most Educated. ...

Most Educated in African traditions cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by chudidonas(m): 8:53am On Aug 15, 2015
“Some persons have started jostling to succeed him now but we must all remember the judgement day when we will give account of all that we did on earth.

“I urge you to make today a memorable one and give your life to Christ. Jesus is the only way, accept him today.”

The priest has passed the most important message. Traditonal rites ko rituals ni

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by sweatlana: 8:59am On Aug 15, 2015
Burying him in the dead of night with only a few persons present.

I smell human sacrifice

God have mercy

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by stevecantrell: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2015
ManTiger:
Roasted? Continue blasphemy.
Dismembered ?

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Omotayor123(f): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2015
ezeagu:
Tradition. This usually happens in high profile African royal burials, but I wonder what kind of rituals they're doing. Will he be buried sitting?
They must have remove some organs in his body.. So I heard *
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by ManTiger(m): 9:08am On Aug 15, 2015
stevecantrell:

Dismembered ?
You can't be wrong though.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by jemir000: 9:11am On Aug 15, 2015
abobaku tribe...so much for being "suffercated" ;Dabobaku tribe...so much for being "suffercated"

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by lusciouslex: 9:18am On Aug 15, 2015
As fetish as the Yorubas. Their language sounds more like incantations. #Noisy. Who cares about his dead? Goto hell all I give a fvck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by ManTiger(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2015
dumo1:

sir please do explain so we learn from your temple of knowledge.
Some informations are not meant to be divulge but the "Isoro's" will only say what the public will want to hear.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Datsmaname: 9:24am On Aug 15, 2015
Can we just let dis ooni story rest? Once u r bor n 2 d royal family, u grow up to live wit certain rites, dos n donts, d wives n kids don't live normal family life like us,D family members already know dat nobody sees d corpse of an oba or knows wen he is being buried,(dats y dey ran abroad 2 quickly see) so wats our own head ache in pple's family mata. If a chief once said d king didn't die, its because its d yoruba tradition nt because he lied(nobody annouces d death of a king).d ooni may have given his life 2 christ, does he nid 2call us 2see or does God nid our permission 2 4give him? Y d debate abt his confession? Even @dat, d ooni has no power 2decide wat happens 2his body after his death cos he already sits on a thrown dt has tradition whc is binding on him, he can't undo d past, his body belongs 2 oro, let dem take it bt his soul is d most important. My advice, if u don't want oro or cult burial, don't join!if ur fada is part of dem, tell him 2repent n leave else dey will come 4him n God won't stop dem cos certain powers r still left wit satan even as God rejected him!

2 Likes

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by thewarrior72: 9:30am On Aug 15, 2015
oreos:

Ode!
Barbarian!!, your tribe does not belong to any religion, neither Christianity no islam. Have u ask yourself why the abokiis consider your islam fake, hence cannot lead them in prayers in any mosque.

Once again your tribe belongs to Jurassic & nerthantal age. SOPHISTICATED SAVAGES.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 15, 2015
thewarrior72:

Barbarian!!, your tribe does not belong to any religion, neither Christianity no islam. Have u ask yourself why the abokiis consider your islam fake, hence cannot lead them in prayers in any mosque.

Once again your tribe belongs to Jurassic & nerthantal age. SOPHISTICATED SAVAGES.

Ode!

I am proud of to be babaric if that is what it means. Now you can go and diecheesy
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by chigoizie7(m): 9:37am On Aug 15, 2015
Later someone will tell me that there is nothing like "abobaku"
They only condemned it in public so that international communities and human rights activists and th govt will not ask questions of killing people for the burial rites.

Kwantinue

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Rotimi47: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2015
fr3do:
Is there nobody with surveillance drone in ife, who could have spied the rituals?
The one with infrared/night vision camera; but the people who will do such have to be prayerful or else they will be haunted by nightmares.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by IYANGBALI: 9:59am On Aug 15, 2015
What does it profit a man to win the whole world..............
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by IYANGBALI: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2015
thewarrior72:

your people are no saints either are they? tongue
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by IYANGBALI: 10:05am On Aug 15, 2015
Datsmaname:
Can we just let dis ooni story rest? Once u r bor n 2 d royal family, u grow up to live wit certain rites, dos n donts, d wives n kids don't live normal family life like us,D family members already know dat nobody sees d corpse of an oba or knows wen he is being buried,(dats y dey ran abroad 2 quickly see) so wats our own head ache in pple's family mata. If a chief once said d king didn't die, its because its d yoruba tradition nt because he lied(nobody annouces d death of a king).d ooni may have given his life 2 christ, does he nid 2call us 2see or does God nid our permission 2 4give him? Y d debate abt his confession? Even @dat, d ooni has no power 2decide wat happens 2his body after his death cos he already sits on a thrown dt has tradition whc is binding on him, he can't undo d past, his body belongs 2 oro, let dem take it bt his soul is d most important. My advice, if u don't want oro or cult burial, don't join!if ur fada is part of dem, tell him 2repent n leave else dey will come 4him n God won't stop dem cos certain powers r still left wit satan even as God rejected him!
good talk
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Datsmaname: 10:08am On Aug 15, 2015
All dis oda tribes make plenty noise as if dey don't ve der issues, hausa marries small kids (child abuse) igbo will come up 2tell us freeborn n slave stories(osu) sum ask pple 2sleep beside corpse, sum do oda worse tins n come out here to make noise!mtcheew, no be una start "blood money" even in dos days, its d likes of zack orji dat exposed d igbo's act of "blood money" tru der movies b4 d yorubas started sum movies! Abeg make we rest! If ooni had died in d palace, all dis noise won't ve been der cos nobody annouces his death publicly, its d rites dat makes pple know he is dead several days after his demise!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.