Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial (50882 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo Attends Obas’ Council Meeting At Ooni’s Palace For The First Time / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' / Jennifer Obayuwana At Ooni Of Ife’s Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Ndkings1(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2015
Ok oo
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by crispberry(f): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2015
O ga o
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by codeworks(m): 7:27am On Aug 15, 2015
Everyday Ooni this Ooni that. Pls post something else
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by SmartMugu: 7:28am On Aug 15, 2015
akinladedata9:
BUY DATA HERE,5GB #1500
It's free here
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by azimibraun: 7:34am On Aug 15, 2015
Do you know the definition of "Drama" at all? What element of "suprise" will you say came with the decision? Everybody you mentioned knows years before now how the process was expected to go..

Let me help you define "Drama" Drama is Orubebe in front of Jega on that day of collation of presidential election results. That is "DRAMA"

2 Likes

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by missKiffy(f): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2015
Tradition is tradition, you guys should let it be
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by mystiqueDZ(f): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2015
Does it really matter what he died of?
Born again undecided? Cultist oh undecided? Ogboni undecided?
They shout let him REST IN PEACE!!!!
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by kuntash: 7:38am On Aug 15, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2526397/phcn-senate-orders-immediate-abolition

Doesn't this post Above qualify for FB ?

Or it doesn't affect Nigerians or what ?

I am surprised to see Don jazzy New wrist watch on front page

Davido holidaying in the Bahamas

Tiwa savage baby smiling

Wizkid showing off his cars .. Etc

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Bollinger(m): 7:42am On Aug 15, 2015
saxywale:

Just like the mummies of Egypt.

Thousands of years ago. Not in 2015.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 15, 2015
ALL THIS TALK AND FIGHT NA WASTE OF TIME....OBA HAS ALREADY ASCENDED HIS THRONE IN HELL...ISORO OR WHATEVER SHOULD GO CONTEND WITH MR DEATH

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by AmicableEd: 7:44am On Aug 15, 2015

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Btruth: 7:44am On Aug 15, 2015
revolt:
im sure it was a brutal burial of slaughter, bloodshed, nasty gory severed head arrangements, baby limbs, heart eating cannibalistic blood drinking rites.

the blackman and useless cultures. the dead are given more attention than the living. everythinhg about these cultures are in reverse. if only all these efforts in preserving these mundane traditions can be channeled to science and technology or farming.

A bi oooo, no wonder the Abobaku is on the run. Terrible traditional rites.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Zeus777: 7:44am On Aug 15, 2015
revolt:
im sure it was a brutal burial of slaughter, bloodshed, nasty gory severed head arrangements, baby limbs, heart eating cannibalistic blood drinking rites.

the blackman and useless cultures. the dead are given more attention than the living. everythinhg about these cultures are in reverse. if only all these efforts in preserving these mundane traditions can be channeled to science and technology or farming.
Channel the time u waste on ur borrowed tradition from the Jews and Arab on science, technology and farming!

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Dubem13: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2015
I don't like yoruba ppl for a day, welcome to Biafra

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by temmypotter(m): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2015
austinsmat:
some tribe are still serving devil
give unto God what is Gods and unto caesar what is caesars. This is tradition Bro! Even the jews still engage in judaism practices like hanukkah,their tenets and the rest of that.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by ruggedtimi(m): 7:54am On Aug 15, 2015
all is because of the believe of life after death....the ooni is now a dust. grin
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by free2ryhme: 7:59am On Aug 15, 2015
dont8:
The final burial rites of the late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, Olubuse II, was performed on Friday, but his wives, children and family members were unable to pay their last respects as they were barred from the programme.

Residents at the entrance of Ile Oodua during the inter-religious farewell service
in honour of the late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, in Ile-Ife, Osun State… on Friday. Inset: Late Oba Okunade Sijuwade.

Cc:

http://www.punchng.com/news/drama-at-oonis-palace-wives-children-barred-from-oonis-burial/
There are many mysteries that surround everything that we read in the above report as regards how late Ooni's immediate family members were all barred from setting their eyes on his remains. There are many other myst*ries that surround the purported confession of late Ooni that he had accepted Christ as his saviour few weeks to his departure. How?

Another mystery has to do with how one of the Chiefs repelled the belief that the heart of late Ooni will be removed to feed the incoming Ooni. If the heart of late Ooni wasn't removed, or any part of his body was not missing, why then barring his immediate family members from seeing his remains? What exactly were those traditionalists hiding from the people when they have agreed that such practice of removing the h*art of one departed Oba and feed the incoming one belonged to the past?

If the late O0ni indeed confessed his sins and accepted Christ, as said by one evangelist, why then didn't the late Ooni publicly announce that he had accepted Chr*st and distanced himself from traditional faith of having his remains being taken over by Oro cultist group? Or what is the relationship between having your remains being taken over by Ogbonis after confessing your sins to Christ and not being in possession of the people of Christ to whom you have confessed? Is there any connection between Ooni's purpoted last-minute faith and his former faith?

Lastly, to the so-called evang*lists and imams in attendance, why holding interdenominational service for whom whose remains that you knew would never be released to any of you evangelists and imams in the first instance except to traditional Ogbonis to whom the late Ooni belonged? What explanations will you even give to Christ or Allah for being in such gathering of Ogbonis when you were supposed to have stayed clear of such gathering? Why are we only dec*iving ourselves?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by ManTiger(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2015
stevecantrell:
I doubt anything was buried...rather it was...
Roasted? Continue blasphemy.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by lovethchioma(f): 8:02am On Aug 15, 2015
what will someone not see in Nigeria
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by ManTiger(m): 8:02am On Aug 15, 2015
free2ryhme:
There are many mysteries that surround everything that we read in the above report as regards how late Ooni's immediate family members were all barred from setting their eyes on his remains. There are many other myst*ries that surround the purported confession of late Ooni that he had accepted Christ as his saviour few weeks to his departure. How?

Another mystery has to do with how one of the Chiefs repelled the belief that the heart of late Ooni will be removed to feed the incoming Ooni. If the heart of late Ooni wasn't removed, or any part of his body was not missing, why then barring his immediate family members from seeing his remains? What exactly were those traditionalists hiding from the people when they have agreed that such practice of removing the h*art of one departed Oba and feed the incoming one belonged to the past?

If the late O0ni indeed confessed his sins and accepted Christ, as said by one evangelist, why then didn't the late Ooni publicly announce that he had accepted Chr*st and distanced himself from traditional faith of having his remains being taken over by Oro cultist group? Or what is the relationship between having your remains being taken over by Ogbonis after confessing your sins to Christ and not being in possession of the people of Christ to whom you have confessed? Is there any connection between Ooni's purpoted last-minute faith and his former faith?

Lastly, to the so-called evang*lists and imams in attendance, why holding interdenominational service for whom whose remains that you knew would never be released to any of you evangelists and imams in the first instance except to traditional Ogbonis to whom the late Ooni belonged? What explanations will you even give to Christ or Allah for being in such gathering of Ogbonis when you were supposed to have stayed clear of such gathering? Why are we only dec*iving ourselves?
If I explain, you will not understand so lemme just shut it.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by slogozer(m): 8:04am On Aug 15, 2015
Whatever your grouse with Pastors brother, Jesus is Lord. The 0.00000000000001 possibility or probability of the Ooni giving His life to Jesus weeks before his death gladdens my heart more than a million US dollars. The world indeed is no person final abode regardless of how powerful, rich or intelligent.
Prepare brothers and sisters for the transition. Between death and rapture, the scriptures says in John 3:3 "Except a man be born again, he can not see the kingdom of God"

Yet the word of God says there is "joy in heaven over a soul that is saved" (Ooni's own inclusive).
Many like you that argue with things of eternal realities especially with the never dying soul we carry, do not even know how close they are to experience death. By this time last week, some people like you were still part of the new social media world unknown to them that the Helicopter was going to crashland 5 minutes before landing.

Wise men still seek and accept and bow before Jesus today. When we get the heaven, join me to search for the Ooni. The alternative location is pain, shame, anguish, fire, gnashing of teeth. Eternity loss in hell fire is not for ENGLISH LANGUAGE. shalom

SmartMugu:

Is there a video recording of the Ooni at the crusade? If he confessed publicly before he died I'm sure someone in the crusade must have captured it on their smartphone and uploaded it on youtube and it would have made headlines. Reason: Seeing the Ooni when he was alive was a task. I tried several years ago and everyone at the Ooni's palace looked at me like I was stupid for even thinking about it. Not to talk of him confessing publicly.
Another pastor already said Ooni asked him to take care of his family after he dies. Proof?
Why are pastors capitalizing on this great man's death for their personal gain?

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by reuben79: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2015
am telling u nothing ws buried.oba jee oba mean king eat king,dey use to eat derself.nothing ws buried

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by SmartMugu: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2015
AmicableEd:
see photos from the burial here http://www.kemifilani.com/2015/08/drama-at-ooni-of-ifes-palace-wives.html
I was expecting to see some old chiefs dancing. There goes young folks going thru the process all over again, implying many things will likely remain the same forever in certain places as young kids will likely be made to believe in things even their grand parents only learnt about from word of mouth.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Crispels(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2015
saxywale:

That is not gonna happen in a 100 years. There are always new initiates that are made to swear death oaths during initiation.

All those pastors are liars. If only they know what it even takes to become an Ooni, I can't even imagine the amount of oaths swearing and initiation to different traditional cults.

Soon they would come and tell us how the Oba of Benin received christ at their revival or holy ghost night after his demise must have been announced. Also, all these ritual stuffs would be child's play compared to what will happen in Benin when their Oba crosses to the other side. Sijuwade still allowed some modernity in his reign.

It's was not difficult to see the late Ooni if you were good friends with him or his family.

I think the Oba of Benin will be burried in Ife too??
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2015
funkybully:
Imagine burying king by midnight and barring his family and u tell me human heads are not buried with him

Imagine
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 15, 2015
ManTiger:
If I explain, you will not understand so lemme just shut it.
sir please do explain so we learn from your temple of knowledge.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2015
fr3do:
Is there nobody with surveillance drone in ife, who could have spied the rituals?

A nice question.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by cucumba(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2015
:oThis is a pure madness. The majority of the yorubas are occultic and I'm sure that some innocent heads were chopped off for this nonsense burial rites

So Pissed.

2 Likes

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by aye9ice007(m): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2015
I don't know why pple are ranting. Even the children and the wives knew what will happen when he died. Baba yemi elebuibon has said it all, the body belongs to the pple of ife and not his children/family and the isoros are the custodian of the culture they knw beta than we do. Last bullet, do you know that before announcing the death of a king, the famiky must have packed their valuable property because if they failed to, once announced the properties belong to the town. I love my culture bcs we made it known nt like other culture wia most pple are hypocrites
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by SmartMugu: 8:18am On Aug 15, 2015
slogozer:
Whatever your grouse with Pastors brother, Jesus is Lord. The 0.00000000000001 possibility or probability of the Ooni giving His life to Jesus weeks before his death gladdens my heart more than a million US dollars. The world indeed is no person final abode regardless of how powerful, rich or intelligent.
Prepare brothers and sisters for the transition. Between death and rapture, the scriptures says in John 3:3 "Except a man be born again, he can not see the kingdom of God"

Yet the word of God says there is "joy in heaven over a soul that is saved" (Ooni's own inclusive).
Many like you that argue with things of eternal realities especially with the never dying soul we carry, do not even know how close they are to experience death. By this time last week, some people like you were still part of the new social media world unknown to them that the Helicopter was going to crashland 5 minutes before landing.

Wise men still seek and accept and bow before Jesus today. When we get the heaven, join me to search for the Ooni. The alternative location is pain, shame, anguish, fire, gnashing of teeth. Eternity loss in hell fire is not for ENGLISH LANGUAGE. shalom

I don't have anything with pastors. I was actually born a Christian. You mentioned the Bristow helicopter scenario, those that survived could have survived by chance. Do we know if they are all of the same religion? It's just so many beliefs and religions around the world and it's hard to tell what the right one is. Even China and Japan have their own sets of beliefs and religions...China is the most populous country in the world, way more populated than India with so many religions. Yet, are we saying one is correct and the other religions or beliefs are wrong?

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by francescainnoce(f): 8:18am On Aug 15, 2015
Thank God for heaven: the amazing royal place of peace, calm, tranquility, love, joy, happiness and all other good virtues of life...
Thank God I'm a royal princess of my fathers kingdom in heaven and when I shall take my last breathe; no spilling of any kind of blood will take place ( neither that of man or animal).
When it is the time, I shall die a peaceful death and songs will be sang to my Heavenly Father in glory.....
Proud royalty of heaven...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.