Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State (4400 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Carnival 2017 (Photos) / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by eddysernal(m): 7:08am On Aug 15, 2015
Been around for a while and tot to share my experience...

1. Akwaibomites are very religious people they are mostly christians buh some still dey worship their gods pls dont look down n their religiousity they wont take it likely with you

2. Before you buy any meat @ a joint make sure you ask the seller what type of meat it is before you end up eating (404)dog meat or snake meat or any other make sure you ask

3. Please dont stop any girl on the road and ask her for sex, most pple think akwaibomites are sex freaks buh on the contrary they are not infact they prefer to stay virgins till they marry cos of the pride attached. So if she dashes you a slap na you sabi oh!!

4. They support the government of the day. Yes there is little room for opposition that is why there is progress in the state so join them and dont talk ill of the government..Udom is right!!!

5. Please for your own good obey the rules and regulation oh!! Their court dey walk like mad once you commit under 24hrs you are charged to court before you say jack you dey ikotekpene prison so pls be careful.

6. Akwaibomies are very industrous pple so if na thief you come do belive me they'll fish you out and pls dont make fun of their work since they are no much industries yet they are mostly self employed like tailors,hair dressers etc. They enjoy their hussle and God dey do am for them

7. Akwaibom ayaya(it is fine/clean) pls dont litter akwaibom oh!! Officers are on ground to make sure you pay for your actions

8. Please if you are loking for hussle joints random motels, prostitutes then you have come to the wrong state so bettr double back before it is to late.

9. You dont need a ride or a vrey handsome job before you are respected by babes. All you need is a modest job and be truthful the babe would love and support you. Esp if you promise her marriage buh pls dont take advantage of them

10. One thing is sure you will not get a beter meal than when in akwaibom. Good Cooks full every where the average girl cooks beter than you know and whats still their variety of dishes is still unrivaled sotey lasgidi self dey enjoy am

11. If you are in need of a serene environment then welcome to akwaibom you are in the right place a state that boast of the best of infracstruutre in the whole Nigeria

12. Investor will be raving in cash if they can invest now and tap the uderused natural resourses

13. Make sure you buy dstv or gotv if you dont want tio be left out on whats happening in nija because their entertainment sector sucks!!!

14. They are hospitable people. They welcome you and make you fell at home and before you say jack you are one of them

15. Peace loving people i never see. So pleace be calm when in akwaibom

God bless Nigeria!!
God bless Akwa-Ibom!!!

pls oh!! Im sure there are many more stuffs i forgot to put down so fell free to add yours...
Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 15, 2015
I fancy no. 12.
Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by herald9: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2015
eddysernal:
Been around for a while and tot to share my experience...

1. Akwaibomites are very religious people they are mostly christians buh some still dey worship their gods pls dont look down n their religiousity they wont take it likely with you

[s] 2. Before you buy any meat @ a joint make sure you ask the seller what type of meat it is before you end up eating (404)dog meat or snake meat or any other make sure you ask[/s]

3. Please dont stop any girl on the road and ask her for sex, most pple think akwaibomites are sex freaks buh on the contrary they are not infact they prefer to stay virgins till they marry cos of the pride attached. So if she dashes you a slap na you sabi oh!!

4. They support the government of the day. Yes there is little room for opposition that is why there is progress in the state so join them and dont talk ill of the government..Udom is right!!!

5. Please for your own good obey the rules and regulation oh!! Their court dey walk like mad once you commit under 24hrs you are charged to court before you say jack you dey ikotekpene prison so pls be careful.

6. Akwaibomies are very industrous pple so if na thief you come do belive me they'll fish you out and pls dont make fun of their work since they are no much industries yet they are mostly self employed like tailors,hair dressers etc. They enjoy their hussle and God dey do am for them

7. Akwaibom ayaya(it is fine/clean) pls dont litter akwaibom oh!! Officers are on ground to make sure you pay for your actions

8. Please if you are loking for hussle joints random motels, prostitutes then you have come to the wrong state so bettr double back before it is to late.

9. You dont need a ride or a vrey handsome job before you are respected by babes. All you need is a modest job and be truthful the babe would love and support you. Esp if you promise her marriage buh pls dont take advantage of them

10. One thing is sure you will not get a beter meal than when in akwaibom. Good Cooks full every where the average girl cooks beter than you know and whats still their variety of dishes is still unrivaled sotey lasgidi self dey enjoy am

11. If you are in need of a serene environment then welcome to akwaibom you are in the right place a state that boast of the best of infracstruutre in the whole Nigeria

12. Investor will be raving in cash if they can invest now and tap the uderused natural resourses

13. Make sure you buy dstv or gotv if you dont want tio be left out on whats happening in nija because their entertainment sector sucks!!!

14. They are hospitable people. They welcome you and make you fell at home and before you say jack you are one of them

15. Peace loving people i never see. So pleace be calm when in akwaibom

God bless Nigeria!!
God bless Akwa-Ibom!!!

pls oh!! Im sure there are many more stuffs i forgot to put down so fell free to add yours...
Where in Akwa ibom?

All the places 404 are sold are always indicated with a signpost which is usually accompanied by a palm wine keg.
Before you generalize, just know that Akwa Ibom is a nation of many tribes, thus we have diverse practices, so it's not every tribe that eats snake- if there's any.

As for no. 1, yeah we're damn religious especially our parents.
Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 15, 2015
smiley number 12 is very true but very few people knows about it.98% of his writings are very true. Numer 14 and 15 reminds me of my first time in the state, at a point I was irritated by their hospitality and peaceful nature. Imagine asking a taxi man for directions to a place and he decides to take that way just because of you or an older lady offering to go get me food just because I told my friend I was hungry smiley I can still remember two parents that were on my matter just because I asked for directions cheesy I enjoyed the attentions anyway and I began to understand that that's their nature and more than 60% of the people has it, very rare indeed.
RickRichards:
I fancy no. 12.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
missgray:
smiley number 12 is very true but very few people knows about it.98% of his writings are very true. Numer 14 and 15 reminds me of my first time in the state, at a point I was irritated by their hospitality and peaceful nature. Imagine asking a taxi man for directions to a place and he decides to take that way just because of you or an older lady offering to go get me food just because I told my friend I was hungry smiley I can still remember two parents that were on my matter just because I asked for directions cheesy I enjoyed the attentions anyway and I began to understand that that's their nature and more than 60% of the people has it, very rare indeed.
Too nice. Such behavior would creep me out.
Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2015
Yeah
RickRichards:

Too nice. Such behavior would creep me out.
Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by tpiander: 2:19am On Aug 16, 2015
Hehe
Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by mccoy47(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2015
missgray:
maybe its cuz ur "female"
Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by tpiander: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2015
missgray:
Imagine asking a taxi man for directions to a place and he decides to take that way just because of you .

Very nice man!!!!!!
Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2015
Yeah, and maybe no fear of agberos at any stop you make i think smiley
tpiander:

Very nice man!!!!!!
Re: 15 Things You Should Know If Your New In Akwa-ibom State by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 24, 2015
Yeah, and whole lotta other factors anyways
mccoy47:

maybe its cuz ur "female"

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba imponderables / Werengato! / Itsekiri Is Yoruba- CAN President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.