Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. (43797 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Carnival 2017 (Photos) / A Visit To National Museum Oron In Akwa Ibom State / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by yrret: 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Oron is only popular with maritime academy situated in its environ, but little do we know about the culture and richness of Oron soil and people. They are warm-loving and accommodating. Here are 10 things you didn't know about 'Oron nation'

1. Oron is the most producing oil community in Nigeria. They produce 80% of Akwa-ibom crude oil. (Yet, no good basic amenities to show for it)

2. Oron is the 3rd largest ethnic group in Akwa -ibom state with 5(five) Local government areas(okobo, mbo, udung-uku, oron, urua-offong) after the Ibibio and Annang ethnic group.

3. Oron people inhabit parts of both Akwa-ibom and Cross river and share same ancestral affiliations with the efiks (calabar).
(Its easier for an efik descendant to comprehend Oron than both Annang and Ibibio ethnic group)

4. Oro land is originally address as "Oron nation" and its people consist of 9 Clans called Afaha.
These are; Afaha Okpo, Afaha Ukwong, Ebughu, Afaha Ibighi, Effiat, Afaha Ubodung, Etta, Afaha Oki-uso, and Afaha Idua (Ilue).

5. Oron is the cure for delicious sea foods ( crabs, fresh fishes, prawns, oysters, crayfish and so on...) A place where people from other part of Nigeria come to buy crayfish, afang, fish etc.

6. Fair complexion is mostly seen amongst them. Their ladies are scarcely tall but pretty and smart.

7.Oron is home to one of the oldest museum and high school in Nigeria, Methodist boys high school, Oron. Founded in 1905

8.Oron is home to a lot of natural resources including silica sand, salt,Limestone,Uranium, Manganese, clay.

9.Their major occupation is fishing and farming.

10. Oron Union is the most respected and known association of the oron people(akpkip Oron)

Ojeh! Ojeh!! Ojeh!!! badi... Apkakip Oro!

Source: http://ouroroculture..com.ng/2016/07/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-oron.html?m=1

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
I really like the town... during my NYSC I can't forget Doctor Esien a maritime lecturer... sosongo Doctor Esien...he's a good man..Methodist Senior Science School (MSSC) that was my PPA grin

Op there is something u need to add to ur write up about Oron...

You forgot that Oron girls sabi fvck die... they are number1 grin when u hear Ivansogo......in Oron...Chai it means fvck makes someone stronger grin

I get a joint where rugged guys stay it is called camp4 at uyaoro wao.... any time I enter camp4 I go to a stream there where ladies bath and don't care if a guy is watching them or not... Oron is a good town gbabe.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Pranxta(m): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
Mod, waste no time and move this to frontpage. p.s: It is Udung uko and not Udung Oku Nice research by the way op.

#ProudlyOron #ProudAkwaibomite

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by yrret: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
wilsondave:
I really like the town... during my NYSC I can't forget Doctor Esien a maritime lecturer... sosongo Doctor Esien...he's a good man..MSSC that was my PPA grin

From your speech I could detect the level of satisfaction, especially areas that concern with food.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by yrret: 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
Pranxta:
Mod, waste no time and move this to frontpage.
p.s: It is Udung uko and not Udung Oku
Nice research by the way op.

#ProudlyOron
#ProudAkwaibomite

Thanks for the observation. Justice has been done.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
edited: so those requesting for pics, Here is the map grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by tabisegroup(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
no pics?
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by buzzybrain88(m): 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
so Nigeria has uranium and yet we can't harness it for power or go nuclear.hmm

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by ifyeez: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nothing way no go make front page on nairaland, na so one guy write 10 pages on how he felt when his TECNO phone was stolen, I wonder what will happen if it was iPhone 6s that was stolen, e go call Steve Jobs to report. God punish poverty.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by RealAdewole(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Pictures will have being a added advantage cheesycheesycheesy
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by SageTravels: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
yrret:
1. Oron is the most producing oil community in Nigeria. They produce 80% of Akwa-ibom crude oil. (Yet, no good basic amenities to show for it)

Speechless

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by BusinessHub1: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Oron nyin
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by DaBullIT(m): 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
Oron

Okon

Don
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by BusinessHub1: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
ifyeez:
Nothing way no go make front page on nairaland
Would be better if it was IBADAN?
We are 1 bro!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by lakesidepapa(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Op, I'm a graduate of the maritime academy in Oron.. Shipping and Port management to be precise. Chai Oron people sabi cook anything..!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by oglalasioux(m): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2016

6. Fair complexion is mostly seen amongst them.

Ask your traditional rulers for point 1. Early Portuguese sleeping with your women is responsible for point 6.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by yrret: 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
lakesidepapa:
Op, I'm a graduate of the maritime academy in Oron.. Shipping and Port management to be precise. Chai Oron people sabi cook anything..!

Cooking is a norm.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Youngzedd(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ife nkea dikwa egwu, negudu ihe ndia nwere maha anata ahuhu.

Lord Lugard mpa gi dia.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by yrret: 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Cooking is a norm.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Sweetlemon(f): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
Finally! Someone with real facts about Akwa Ibom!
#IRepOron

Op pls correct the 'Urua offong'. It's Urue Offong/Oruko.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by ANIEXTY(m): 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Akwa ibom ayaya

meaning: "Akwa ibom is beautiful"

-mish 2010

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Scarpon(m): 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
My step sister is from there

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by rrhostomy(m): 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Can't forget the fight we had with there union when they wanted to collect money from us (then i was working with a nutri milk company) they are stubborn people too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Benblaq(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
mtchew so what?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by guywitzerogal(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dat s my home sweet home

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by agrovick(m): 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
I can relate with point 6, in addition the ladies have big bum bum. Affy hunnay, God bless you wherever you maybe even though I did you wrong.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by valsolo001(m): 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
Proud oronian. ..oje oje oje badi akpakip oro! !! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by mikaelzX(m): 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
Visited Oron once, during NYSC. Nice people

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Akwa Ibom Isongoooo!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by gallantwhite(m): 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Proud oronian from iquita the Emenyi Family

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by orekelewa09(f): 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
Proudly ewa Oro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan / Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri / Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.