Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup (21725 Views)

Senators React To Obasanjo, Babangida And Abdulsalami's Meeting In Minna / Tinubu, Jonathan, Abdulsalami, Sheriff, Akpabio At Opening Of Obasanjo Library / Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by emamos: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2015
The Conference of Nigerian Political Parties has expressed outrage over the recent suggestion by the National Peace Committee led by a former Head of State, Abdulsalami Abubakar, that President Muhammadu Buhari should tread cautiously in the fight against corruption.

The spokesperson of the committee and Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Matthew Kukah, while speaking to journalists in Abuja on Tuesday, asked Mr. Buhari to follow due process in the ongoing anti-graft war.

He also said former President Goodluck Jonathan did some spectacular things that the incumbent president would appreciate.

The CNPP, in a statement on Friday by its spokesperson, Osita Okechukwu, described the view of the committee as “subtle and scary blackmail,” which could wittingly or unwittingly dampen the raging momentum of the war against corruption being waged by the president.

“We sincerely believe with time the war against corruption will touch even unintended persons, groups and quarters; with the impeccable antecedent of Mr President. Let the music play on as looters have nowhere to hide,” it said.

The group said it had carefully perused the mandate of the committee but could not locate where the issue of stolen funds featured.

Stating that it was at a loss why the NPC skipped its brief, the CNPP said it was worried that the committee, which also has the Sultan of Sokoto has a member, had been “allowed to continue to do what only God knows.”

It added, “It is our candid view that why more Nigerian voters voted for President Buhari than for our dear ex-president, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR; is simply the confidence the voters had in the integrity and transparency quotient of Mr. President.

“In other words, the social contract between President Buhari and Nigerians is to wage strident war against corruption, and return stolen funds for the development of our dilapidated social and physical infrastructure.

“More so this is the backbone of the change mantra, as stipulated in the All Progressives Congress’s Manifesto and commitment President Buhari made in the course of the presidential campaign. It is a debt and a bond.”

The CNPP said though it agreed that conceding defeat in primitive climes as Mr. Jonathan did after the presidential election was noble, the crass, pervasive and unbridled corruption which took place under the former president’s watch was more heinous.

It argued that protecting the former president would smack of intimidation.

The group said the Jonathan regime, like the previous ones since Nigeria’s return to civil rule in 1999, defied the timeless African tradition, which admonished leaders not to steal and if they are tempted to do so, that they should steal in such a manner that the owners will not know.

“They looted (the treasury) as if there is no tomorrow, and as if Nigerians are fools; that today we are impoverished, despondent and hapless in the midst of unprecedented oil revenue,” the CNPP said.

“Accordingly, for any group as highly placed as the National Peace Committee to resort to subtle and scary blackmail to subvert and dampen this momentum of war against corruption is to say the least – unkind cut if not ungodly cut.

“For us, the war against corruption is being waged in accordance with the spirit and letters of the law; therefore let the momentum of war against corruption continue.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/188418-cnpp-slams-abdulsalami-sultan-kukah-declares-support-for-buharis-anti-corruption-war.html

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by Abugab(m): 7:50am On Aug 15, 2015
They deserve the slamming

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by espn(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2015
Abubakar salami is a thief..what do u expect..

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by doctokwus: 8:42am On Aug 15, 2015
I am sure bishop Kukah would be conducting mass this Sunday with a sombre spirit having seen how Nigerians have chastised his open defence of a corrupt govt.
Ironically,while he is taking d backlash,Oritsejefor and abdulsalami are somewhere sipping champagne and acting holy.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:04am On Aug 15, 2015
CNPP has always been Anti-South political outfit with a permanent Osita Almajiri since 1999!
He sit in his room here in Abuja and stew out trash to collect his Paycheque.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by TRUTHTOPOWER: 9:36am On Aug 15, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
CNPP has always been Anti-South political outfit with a permanent Osita Almajiri since 1999!

To speak against corruption is to speak against south? why not insist on investigation of all leaders wealth instead of let by gone be by gone. the gospel of 'bygones' is half truth.restitution is the full gospel truth. I am not interested in anyone going to jail, for all have sinned. but let anyone with tax payers money return them conscientiously and go home - and sin no more!

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by hinwazaka: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2015
What is a CNPP
CNPP/ noun( formal)- A lapdog lackey who supports the government blindly so as to get crumbs thrown to it from the table. 2(verb) to beg for money from people by lying for them: I will CNPP the chairman as long as he pays me • That boy can CNPP for bread and tea.

4 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by hinwazaka: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2015
doctokwus:
I am sure bishop Kukah would be conducting mass thus Sunday with a sobre spirit having see how Nigerians have chastised his open defence of a corrupt govt.
Ironically,while he is taking d backlash,Oritsejefor and abdulsalami are somewhere sipping champagne and acting holy.
When Hitler cast aspersions at Jews, calling them thieves and murderers, so many people believed him. But a few pastors here and there discounted his inflammatory statements. Their congregations dwindled and people called them Jewish sponsored mouthpieces. But now we know who was lying and who was simply fighting the good fight. If your pastor tells you Kukah is lying, then I advice you to find another church

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by doctokwus: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2015
hinwazaka:

When Hitler cast aspersions at Jews, calling them thieves and murderers, so many people believed him. But a few pastors here and there discounted his inflammatory statements. Their congregations dwindled and people called them Jewish sponsored mouthpieces. But now we know who was lying and who was simply fighting the good fight. If your pastor tells you Kukah is lying, then I advice you to find another church
This one u stalking me up and down every thread.
Please try to air your views without mentioning me.

14 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by PassingShot(m): 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Very good one from them.

A look at the so called Peace Committee will reveal that most of the members have benefited one way or the other from looting of our resources.

1. Gen AbdulSalami - known to have plundered our treasury in the ten months he ruled the nation before birthing the current democracy. The singular act of handing over to a civilian regime is the reason most Nigerians talk less about his corrupt practices.

2. Ayo Oritsejafor - even his church members cannot vouch for his integrity. He is so corrupt that his private plane was used to transport raw $15 million to South Africa. He represents anything but integrity.

3. Father Kukah - very likely benefited from GEJ's dollarization of pastors.

4. Sultan of Sokoto - same shoe as Kukah. He most likely supervised sharing of dollars to some other emirs during the desperate attempt of the Clueless to cling unto power.

So, why won't they talk the rubbish they're talking? Why won't "goats" do everything possible to ensure that the Chief Supplier of "yams" to them is not exposed?

Unfortunately for them, PMB as he's known to do, will ignore them especially since he's aware of their shaddy deals with Jona.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by hinwazaka: 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
doctokwus:

This one u stalking me up and down every thread.
Please try to air your views without mentioning me.
So aside being a liar and Jester, you are also a COWARD. You are a true AWOIST

3 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by PassingShot(m): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
Lalasticlala Ishilove Obinoscopy Seun Mukina2, this thread is deserving of fp.

2 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by doctokwus: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
hinwazaka:

Anything u say.Just air your disjointed views without my mentions.U are too sick to have any decent conversation with.This is d last time I wud mention u.

20 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by PassingShot(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
Tell us what we don't know? So, South is the HQ of corruption and corrupt people in Nigeria?
What a wonderful way of reasoning!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by onomeasike: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
hinwazaka:

All you come to do on nairaland is to insult Yoruba people and their political leaders and any person who opposes you.You have suddenly forgotten that this platform was provided by a Yoruba man.
It is most likely that you're Igbo.
All I did was to read your previous posts to establish this. And to to know who is matured and reasonable between you and doctowus,I read all your previous posts again and knew all you have in your heart is evil.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by azzima(m): 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
hinwazaka:
What is a CNPP
CNPP/ noun( formal)- A lapdog lackey who supports the government blindly so as to get crumbs thrown to it from the table. 2(verb) to beg for money from people by lying for them: I will CNPP the chairman as long as he pays me • That boy can CNPP for bread and tea.
see your jobless,hopeless and miserable life?Nigerian youths are becoming dumber and dumber. Someone is stealing your miserable future and you are here defending the the Thieves that have SECURED their lives while yours and your Family will remain hopelessNigerians SURELY deserve what they get.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by hinwazaka: 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
onomeasike:

All you come to do on nairaland is to insult Yoruba people and their political leaders and any person who opposes you.You have suddenly forgotten that this platform was provided by a Yoruba man.
It is most likely that you're Igbo.
All I did was to read your previous posts to establish this. And to to know who is matured and reasonable between you and doctowus,I read all your previous posts again and knew all you have in your heart is evil.
In your review of my posts, did you also read where I castigated and lambasted Ojukwu. Or you bypassed that just so you could make this outrageous, derisive comment. I am against honoring regionalistic selfish greedy bigots who manipulate the emotions and naivety of their people as a means to get what they want. If you could not deduct that from my posts, then am afraid you need to ask for a refund from your highschool

5 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by hinwazaka: 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
azzima:
see your jobless,hopeless and miserable life?Nigerian youths are becoming dumber and dumber. Someone is stealing your miserable future and you are here defending the the Thieves that have SECURED their lives while yours and your Family will remain hopelessNigerians SURELY deserve what they get.
And look at your naive and crude life. You believe that a innovative and business smart administration, with some defects should be hounded by an archaic and neocolonialist, outdated cabal so as to slowdown or revert the obvious future. Only a fool thinks he can disrupt or stop the inevitable. You should be ashamed of your alma mata- thats if you actually saw the gate of a university- for failing to educate you beyond your cognitive skills. Baby, do you need breastmilk

2 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by anigbajumo(m): 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
Gan gan...

GEJ nd co...ready 4probe..

1 Like

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by patrickmuf(m): 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
Are you equating the south to corruption? please we're not the same, where I come from, we're against corruption and corrupt public servants...

17 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by Bonapart(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by hemartins(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
I was first to comment not until I clicked submit. I was thrown to 17 on the row. I smell corruption here too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by MrRobot: 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Please is CNPP a franchise of CNN lipsrsealed
Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by Holyfield1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
We don hia...Meanwhile,Today is my birthday...Nairalanders show some love
A thousand likes is just enough to make me happy

3 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by qualityovenbake(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
This is a strong message coming from CNPP to . President Buhari. Spare no corrupt politicians, they must all go to jail.

2 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by salaboiz(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
PMB, you must probe everybody including Oga jona
Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by gokay11(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
Issokay
Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by ignis: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
Corruption must leave Nigeria. ...

2 Likes

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by mrrock: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
Is Buhari himself not corrupt?.

Suddenly, he's afraid to proceed his avowed war on corruption. OBJ go open his yash once he open the halibouton case.

A man that have refused to publicly declare his assets as promised during his campaign. What are we even talking about?!

1 Like

Re: CNPP Slams Abdulsalami, Sultan, Kukah, Declares Support For Buhari’s Anti-corrup by Pavore9: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
No thief should be given a soft landing irrespective of tribe, religion or political affiliations.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Hungry – Amaechi / Police Recovers Undetonated IED From Yobe Scene Of Damaturu Bomb Attack (pic) / ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.