Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble (3439 Views)

Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Meet The Afonja Who Put Buhari And 2 Other african Presidents Into Power: Forbes / Metuh's Latest Blunder! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by deadZONE: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2015
The Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has once again raised question marks as to whether he is competent enough to hold such a sensitive office.
In a recent interview with Kayode Ogundamisi, a social commentator, Adesina claimed that President Buhari never promised to publicly declare his assets, claiming it was only a campaign promise of the All progressives Congress (APC).

Apparently in a bid to cover up for the President’s inability to deliver on the first of his cardinal campaign “covenants” of publicly declaring his assets, Adesina was quoted as saying:

You need to get his words right, go and check all that the president said during the campaign, in no place would you see it attributed to him as a person.

“But then there is a document by his party, the All Progressives Congress, saying he would declare publicly, so we need to see that right, it’s a declaration by his party.

“Now what does the law require? The law requires public officers to declare their assets; he has done that. But his party has a document that says he would do it publicly.

“There is a procedure for that, and the procedure is that you first declare, code of conduct (bureau) would verify and after that, if you want to make it public, the onus lies on you to say release. The procedure has to be followed.

“He has declared, and it is deposited with the code of conduct bureau and they need to verify. Let’s come to that time when code of conduct would say we have completed verification.”

It would be recalled that in the build-up to the Saturday, March 28, 2015 presidential election, Buhari had promised to make his assets known “publicly” within the first 100 days in order to set an example to every other government official in his administration.

The then presidential aspirant had said:

No matter how vast our resources, if they are not efficiently utilized, they will only benefit a privileged few, leaving the majority in poverty. I believe if Nigeria does not kill corruption; corruption will kill Nigeria.

I pledge to:

Publicly declare my assets and liabilities and encourage my political appointees to also publicly declare their assets and liabilities.

With this latest gaffe, the argument that Adesina is grossly incompetent for such a sensitive office seems to hold water after all.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/this-latest-blunder-by-femi-adesina-will-put-buhari-in-trouble-click/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by chocolateme(f): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2015
He he!!
This is so unfair.. the politics and mind games they play with the masses.
With other people taking falls for their greviance. Mistakes.

3 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Olamitisoji(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2015
Ok
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by SouthernBreeze(m): 9:22am On Aug 15, 2015
Adesina guy talk from both side of his mouth

7 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2015
If you think you are competent enough, why not apply?
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Swaggzkid: 9:27am On Aug 15, 2015
Weytin poster above me dey talk sef

Abi adamma?

8 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by benedictnsi(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
If you think you are competent enough, why not apply?

Don't mind the old fool..... He wouldn't do any better
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by amadice(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2015
okay..wetin concern me.
like dullardiho like adeshina

7 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by powerfulsettingz: 9:28am On Aug 15, 2015
Am begin to hate the likes of femi's

4 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by major466(m): 9:30am On Aug 15, 2015
So Buhari never promised to declare his assets publicly right But the same Buhari adviced his party legislators to obey party directives during the national assembly crisis. Is he not going to honor the supremacy of his party by fulfilling apc campaign manifesto to the people
Nigerians have been decieved. sad

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Holyfield1(m): 9:32am On Aug 15, 2015
Today is my birthday...Nairalanders show some love
A thousand likes is just enough to make me happy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2015
angry angry angry
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Omotayor123(f): 9:37am On Aug 15, 2015
Chai.... Very incompetent!
Keeping quiet lipsrsealed would have been much better!

4 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Omotayor123(f): 9:38am On Aug 15, 2015
Holyfield1:
Happy birthday... Llnp +GGMUB!!

1 Like

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by talktimi(m): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
[s]If you think you are competent enough, why not apply? [/s]
the trash heap has spoken again grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:33am On Aug 15, 2015
talktimi:
the trash heap has spoken again grin

Ha! Talktimi how far?
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by 9jii(m): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2015
Adesina was right.
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by bonechamberlain(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2015
how are u sure buhari isn't aware of the blunder before it came out to the press, they all commit blunders.

5 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by hinwazaka: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2015
I have always maintained that Mr Adesina and Garba Shehu are the worst PR team any government can put together. They are like Acid and Cyanide. They will crash this government faster than a speeding bullet. But to be honest, PMB doesn't give them much to work with. Try selling the worst president in history to the people

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by hinwazaka: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2015
I have always maintained that Mr Adesina and Garba Shehu are the worst PR team any government can put together. They are like Acid and Cyanide. They will crash this government faster than a speeding bullet. But to be honest, PMB doesn't give them much to work with. Try selling a two time failure to the public

3 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by phlemzy: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2015
I don't really get. When did the asset of the president become one if the major problems common Nigerians are facing, and how does it stand to affect our lives directly? Declaring assets by a public office holder doesn't stop him in anyway from stealing/looting whatever he finds at his disposal provided the environment he's operating in is conducive for such. Of what use has the code of conduct Bureau made of the assets declared by public servants- governors,presidents, etc from time past? The Bureau should just make public whatever is contained in the Asset list after confirming the things listed therein,so that we can move past this inconsequential debate over nothing.
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by baralatie(m): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2015
he is following the crash programme of lai-i

1 Like

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by dustmalik: 11:08am On Aug 15, 2015
As usual, nothing to see here. Thetrentonline is a known PDP propaganda media outlet.
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by fctguy: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2015
This government has been consistent in one thing: double dealing!

How many times have they made a decision and rescinded, it's a very terrible trait any serious minded leader would exhibit

PMB should stop telling the world he's incapable of leading this nation because the only thing he has been consistent about is personal vendetta instead of getting down to fulfilling all the promises he made during the campaign period

5 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by DeltahArmy(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2015
Holyfield1:

You want chop the likes? anyway, happy birthday!

1 Like

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Splashme: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2015
They just keep chunning out white lies
to Nigerians everyday

4 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by jimi4us: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2015
amala brains

3 Likes

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2015
100 days don dey reach oooo. Buhari how far na?

1 Like

Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by asamaigho(m): 11:44am On Aug 15, 2015
hinwazaka:
I have always maintained that Mr Adesina and Garba Shehu are the worst PR team any government can put together. They are like Acid and Cyanide. They will crash this government faster than a speeding bullet. But to be honest, PMB doesn't give them much to work with. Try selling a two time failure to the public

i am a pro buhari ,not necessariy apc,but i align with u on dis,adesinas' performance is far below expectation,coming from a reputable background of journalism,i think am disappointed.

please count shehu garba out of this,that guy is not different from olisah metuselah and doyin 'bastard' okupe.

buhari should fire dem both,cos they are already a bunch incompetent image makers to d president,and i suggest he appoints the LEGENDARY ABDULAIH MUHAMMED,THE PDP SLAYER.
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by CSTR2: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
These yoruba talkatives will destroy any credibility left in this buhari's administration.
The likes of okupe and femi fani kayode practically made jonathan's govt a joke, and now they are transferring that same sickness to buhari's administration.
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Ritchiee: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
deadZONE:
The Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has once again raised question marks as to whether he is competent enough to hold such a sensitive office.
In a recent interview with Kayode Ogundamisi, a social commentator, Adesina claimed that President Buhari never promised to publicly declare his assets, claiming it was only a campaign promise of the All progressives Congress (APC).

Apparently in a bid to cover up for the President’s inability to deliver on the first of his cardinal campaign “covenants” of publicly declaring his assets, Adesina was quoted as saying:

You need to get his words right, go and check all that the president said during the campaign, in no place would you see it attributed to him as a person.

“But then there is a document by his party, the All Progressives Congress, saying he would declare publicly, so we need to see that right, it’s a declaration by his party.

“Now what does the law require? The law requires public officers to declare their assets; he has done that. But his party has a document that says he would do it publicly.

“There is a procedure for that, and the procedure is that you first declare, code of conduct (bureau) would verify and after that, if you want to make it public, the onus lies on you to say release. The procedure has to be followed.

“He has declared, and it is deposited with the code of conduct bureau and they need to verify. Let’s come to that time when code of conduct would say we have completed verification.”

It would be recalled that in the build-up to the Saturday, March 28, 2015 presidential election, Buhari had promised to make his assets known “publicly” within the first 100 days in order to set an example to every other government official in his administration.

The then presidential aspirant had said:

No matter how vast our resources, if they are not efficiently utilized, they will only benefit a privileged few, leaving the majority in poverty. I believe if Nigeria does not kill corruption; corruption will kill Nigeria.

I pledge to:

Publicly declare my assets and liabilities and encourage my political appointees to also publicly declare their assets and liabilities.

With this latest gaffe, the argument that Adesina is grossly incompetent for such a sensitive office seems to hold water after all.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/this-latest-blunder-by-femi-adesina-will-put-buhari-in-trouble-click/
No wonder,your moniker says it all.Dead zone...yuk.Being competent is for Adesina to own up for PMB even if PMB says otherwise...Dead zone indeed.Pls,assuming you are PA to BOBAKU and he tells you that when his 'enemies' come looking for him,you should tell them that he is not in,what are you going to tell his 'enemies' when they come calling?
I am sure that your competency will overcome your brain and you would tell them that BOBAKU is inside for them to crucify... DEADZONE indeed...shior.
Re: This Latest Blunder By Femi Adesina Will Put Buhari In Trouble by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
Holyfield1:

Happy birthday. Wishing you more peaceful and prosperous years ahead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally, Diezani Alison-madueke Speaks Out / DSS Should Keep A Tab On Vanguard Newspaper / Mufti Ismail Menk ‏in Abuja For The Peace And Unity Convention (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.