Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Etiguette: ATM Manners. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Etiguette: ATM Manners. (692 Views)

Five Ways To Teach Your Kids Table Manners / My Sister Is Getting Married To A Guy Without Manners.what Should I Do? / 12 General Manners And Etiquette. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etiguette: ATM Manners. by captianfreeman(m): 8:09am On Aug 16, 2015
Using the ATM may be a daily occurrence, but that doesn’t mean we should become rude when we use them. Here are some guidelines to help you use an Automated Teller Machine with grace, artistry and self-awareness

Don’t take too much time

One of the most important things to remember is that when you use a cash machine, don’t take up too much time. Have your card ready and waiting to be used, and if you must use more than one card, have that card ready too. Searching around in your bag for the appropriate card takes up a lot of time, and tries the patience of everyone who’s waiting behind you in the queue.

Be courteous

Because everyone has to use the ATM, you need to keep your eyes on any changes to the machine – especially if it looks like it has been tampered with in some way. However, the second most important thing to do is if the machine runs out of money, and there is a queue of people waiting behind you, tell them that the machine needs to be refilled. This is a case of simple courtesy, as there is nothing more upsetting than waiting for a while to use the ATM, only to find out that the person in front of you got the last of the cash, and didn’t tell you. We all have to use cash machines, so why not be as considerate to other users as possible, and let them know if the machine isn’t working.

Safety

It is an unfortunate fact of life that when we use a cash machine to withdraw money from a bank account, we are slightly vulnerable to having our money stolen. This means that by using a cash machine, we are more attractive to thieves. However, there are many ways to stop this from happening. When using a cash machine, make sure that you are aware of your surroundings; take your card as soon as the machine instructs you to, and don’t leave the machine until you have your card, cash and your wallet safely in your bag or in your pocket. If this means taking up extra time at the machine, don’t worry. This is about your personal safety so, take your time until you feel comfortable.

Respect personal space

When you use an ATM, you will be in a confined space; so it’s important for you to feel comfortable and safe. However, there are

ATM users on a queue

some people that have no notion of personal space, or simply aren’t aware that they are standing too close to others. This is especially true in queues for the ATM, so if you’re standing in line, or especially if you’re using the machine, don’t be afraid to ask the person behind you to step back while you use the machine. When you ask, be polite, be courteous, and remind that person that you need to have your personal space when you are using the ATM.

Keep it simple

If you need to carry out major transactions, go inside the banking hall. While ATMs can deposit checks, let you transfer money, and are for fast transactions, be considerate of other people waiting to use the machine. If you have complicated or multiple transactions, take care of them at a time of the day when people are less likely to be waiting in line to use the ATM. Limit your transactions to two at a time.

Make it quick

When you visit the ATM, keep your transaction simple, but also make it quick. Do not waste time in front of the machine trying to decide if you need a receipt or not. If you choose to get a receipt, grab it and leave. You do not have to file it away neatly in your purse or wallet while people are waiting behind you. You can do that once you have walked away from the machine.

Do not multitask

While making transactions at the ATM, concentrate on the task at hand and try not to multitask. Some people are in the habit of taking phone calls or having a conversation with others at this point. This could cause distractions or let you make mistakes. Use the ATM only for the purposes they are meant for.

Don’t talk too much

When you are waiting in the queue with others, it is wrong to assume that everyone in the queue wants to chat. Respect people’s privacy and keep quiet if they decline your offer for a chat. If you are eventually successful in striking up a conversation with someone in the queue, make it brief and do not prolong it.

www.punchng.com

Re: Etiguette: ATM Manners. by tpiander: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2015
whoever waited gazillion years to bring atm to nairalanders, may God forgive the person.

now they are spamming everywhere because they've seen atm.
Re: Etiguette: ATM Manners. by Cutehector(m): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2015
Some people will collect all d money from d atm... Nansense.. Dey want to show themselves.. Robbers will wait for dem outside.
Re: Etiguette: ATM Manners. by Yeesh(f): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2015
Also,some people might be having problems operating d atm and instead of them to ask,they wont.they wil just keep on wasting others time till one impatient fellow talks
Re: Etiguette: ATM Manners. by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 16, 2015
@op Its a 'q' not a g
Re: Etiguette: ATM Manners. by Haywhymido(m): 11:59am On Aug 16, 2015
I don hear, but how will i knw the machine need to be refill when i collect my money n comot. Seh, the machine go tell me seh na me collect the last card 4 d machine ni

(1) (Reply)

Experience Innovation In Our Delivery Process At Pumoh.com / Mama's Perfume / True Life Story- Letter From An Aborted Child To His Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.