Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone (72694 Views)

7 Google Applications You Should Have On Your Android Device / List Out Your Ten(10) Most Used App And Why It's Special To You. / 5 Awesome Hidden Features In Your Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2015
sonofananimal:
I sell my windows phone because of app. Windows phones lack app and games
my main man,how are you?longest time.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by kelsidengkucio(m): 11:24am On Aug 16, 2015
Pinterest
For your project
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2015
Very cool app Op wink
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2015
sonofananimal:
I sell my windows phone because of app. Windows phones lack app and games
yeah,I don't play games sha,and the few apps that are important to me are they,I just love windows.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 16, 2015
guydangerous:
Being an Android user for over a year now, I felt the need to make a list of applications you should never miss out on your new(or old) Android phone. My list includes the very apps that keeps my own Android phone rocking and rocking.

Z-Player

The best music player so far on Android. Plays mp3, aac, wav, ogg and other sound encodings. I love Z-player for the it’s simple, yet cool features that it offers. It automatically downloads lyrics,album arts, background picture for music files without any of these. Z-player can also play Videos and movies but I only love to use it for playing songs.
And oh, Z-player comes with headphone control &madsh; it stops playing once you unplug the headphones and starts playing when you swipe them in again — cool for saving you from embarrassment when that faulty headphone of yours mistakenly pulls out when you are in a public bus.

Mx Player

Another application for playing multimedia files. Mx player can play music files well but it’s main specialty is in playing videos and watching movies. This sick application can zoom videos, resume playback even after you switch off you phone. This app is truly a must-have.

X-plore

You definitely ought to have this File Manager on your Android phone if you need to actually take control of your files. This app let’s you move, copy, backup, edit, compress, unzip, files and folders on your Android phone. I am not a new user of X-plore, used it since the early days of smartphones on my old Symbian Nokia 6600 smiley
As far as am know, X-plore is the best file manager on mobile.

Opera Mini Browser

Seamless browser that lets you enjoy a really speedy browsing experience on your Android phone while saving you lots of data — as it receives WEB data in encrypted, compressed format. Opera Mini can also synchronize your bookmarks between devices too.

SwiftKey

Ever feel like typing away on your phone without any mistakes even though you are typing so fast and there should be typos all over your sentences?
Well, this app is for you. Swiftkey auto-corrects your silly typing mistakes as you type away so fast. It even guesses( correctly most times) the next word you are about to type and saves you time you could use for our next app.

Angry Birds

This is a game that has been dubbed “the second most popular thing that originated from Finland apart from Nokia”. Believe it or not, you need Angry Birds on your phone. Angry Birds is quite good for clearing your head when you are upset after reading that text from your friend. It’s also very good for passing time whenever you are super bored.

Google Voice

Sick application from Google that lets you “talk to your mobile”. Google voice helps you search for files, apps on your device, make Google searches, with just you talking to the your Android phone.

Maildroid

This app offers everything else your default Android e-mail viewer doesn’t, in a very cool way.

Dx or Du Battery Saver

The only thing this app does for me is to show my exact battery level — which is pretty much important for me.

Avast! Mobile Security

As you know Avast is good for securing your device from trojans, viruses and other threats. The Android version also comes with Firewall, very good for securing your browsing experience.

Source :http://somtoo.com/ten10-applications-you-must-have-on-android-smartphone/

Just checked play store....the z-player isn't free?
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Evathyst(f): 11:26am On Aug 16, 2015
At OP, nice list except some few apps which I don't agree with. As for antivirus, I prefer NQ mobile. It's secure, doesn't consume battery, easy to update, and has other cool features like data counter, anti-eavesdropping, etc.

Also, you didn't include apps like Aldiko premium(for reading novels), Moonreader which is my best app(for reading all formation s of book). Even in terms of audio player, I prefer Ttpod. Damn! It rocks!

In all, you've got a nice list up there! God bless android users, na we gan be the smart people wey dey use smart phone.
#Dodges stones from blackberry users#

4 Likes

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2015
pcguru1:

Don't worry Project Astoria I here for us as a Dec am both happy and scared about it. Google it
hahaha,why happy and scared?
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
my main man,how are you?longest time.
menn cool ohh, longest time ohh. How is every every!!!
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 11:31am On Aug 16, 2015
sonofananimal:
menn cool ohh, longest time ohh. How is every every!!!
all is well my guy.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by etibaba(m): 11:32am On Aug 16, 2015
With my Ttpod i don't think i need any other music player.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Leopantro: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2015
Boring list, check mine

1. Tinder : are you new to a town and want to hook up with new friends? This app links to guys and girls within 150km from your location utilizing your GPS location.

2. FRIDGE CHECK & RECIPE FINDER: tired of eating the same food again and again? Open your fridge, note the foodstuffs in there, type them into the apps and you receive various different recipes to try.

3. CAAST: come across a link on your phone you want to open on a laptop or another phone? Simple share via coast.

4. TVMC: watch any movie, TV series, football match, anime or cartoon ever created.

5.Light – Answering Engine: when even Google can't answer your questions

6. ADAWAY: There be no ads while browsing.

7. WEAK CONTROL: mirror your phone's screen to any laptop browser via Wi-Fi

8. BREAKFREE AND FOREST : addicted to your phone? There's an app for that.

9. AIRDROID: need I say more?

10. INGRESS: only Homo Superior can understand this app. However, when you evolve to that level, you can't stop using it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by paking(m): 11:33am On Aug 16, 2015
Good list
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by youngval1388(m): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2015
were is subway surfers. dat game Sabi kill boredom
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Sike(m): 11:35am On Aug 16, 2015
Musixmatch. Es explorer. Imo. Truecaller e.t.c
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by mymissingrib(m): 11:35am On Aug 16, 2015
Ucweb lite is d fastest browser,tether unlocker,ustream
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
all is well my guy.
I am telling you ohh.

By the way. Which app you normally use on Windows phone?
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 16, 2015
dancok:
I dash one selfish girl my own,WP na boring phone.
grin grin na really selfish girl. grin

The phone good shall but na just that gaming be my problem.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
Please research on top 10 for windowsphone too.
u need AVAST only cheesy
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2015
sonofananimal:
I am telling you ohh.

By the way. Which app you normally use on Windows phone?
LINE,twitter and opera,the three most important.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by neweraomo: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2015
kestolove95:
U don disturb finish?
grin
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Chinaboi(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2015
musixmatch...best lyric music player to have smiley
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 11:44am On Aug 16, 2015
shadowgwalker:
u need AVAST only cheesy
no virus on windows.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by guydangerous(m): 11:46am On Aug 16, 2015
Mattkent:

Just checked play store....the z-player isn't free?
download from third party,thats google it
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
LINE,twitter and opera,the three most important.
that means you be the social type. Windows phones is very good basically on social activities.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by eromspete(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2015
The list is lacking mainly because it doesn't feature productivity apps...

I don't need those video players you listed neither do i need Opera. Chrome does a good job for me (data compression is okay)

Well, Samsung got me covered in many aspects so i can live without those apps... cool

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Chinaboi(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2015
etibaba:
With my Ttpod i don't think i need any other music player.
ttpod is shit...try musixmatch n i bet u u gonna delete ttpod wit immediate alacrity

2 Likes

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by guydangerous(m): 11:49am On Aug 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
Thanks
check phone section I've done that for you,i hope you will enjoy the ones I selected for window phone
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2015
sonofananimal:
that means you be the social type. Windows phones is very good basically on social activities.
yeah,somehow,lol.Its also good for gaming,the HERE map works offline and I love CORTANA.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2015
guydangerous:
check phone section I've done that for you,i hope you will enjoy the ones I selected for window phone
okay let me check.
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2015
guydangerous:
download from third party,thats google it

Aiit..thnx
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by rooqee120(f): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2015
barackosama:
[size=20pt]@OP what happened to QURAN and BIBLE App?? [/size]
U must really b an unpredictable person... I neva expect to see a response like this but I'm glad I did...I jxt smile immediately I read ur post...

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by bily(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2015
Leopantro:
Boring list, check mine

1. Tinder : are you new to a town and want to hook up with new friends? This app links to guys and girls within 150km from your location utilizing your GPS location.

2. FRIDGE CHECK & RECIPE FINDER: tired of eating the same food again and again? Open your fridge, note the foodstuffs in there, type them into the apps and you receive various different recipes to try.

3. CAAST: come across a link on your phone you want to open on a laptop or another phone? Simple share via coast.

4. TVMC: watch any movie, TV series, football match, anime or cartoon ever created.

5.Light – Answering Engine: when even Google can't answer your questions

6. ADAWAY: There be no ads while browsing.

7. WEAK CONTROL: mirror your phone's screen to any laptop browser via Wi-Fi

8. BREAKFREE AND FOREST : addicted to your phone? There's an app for that.

9. AIRDROID: need I say more?

10. INGRESS: only Homo Superior can understand this app. However, when you evolve to that level, you can't stop using it.

Nice list.
You should include push bullet on your list. Seamless universal copy between your PC and your phone. Any thing you copy on your phone is pushed to your laptop clipboard and vice versa. Also pushes notifications and allows quick reply via your pc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno L3 Vs Tecno M3 / Oraimo Freepods 3 Issues - Solve All / Real Truth About 08030004900 No. Killing People - Techredirector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.