Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (481865 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 10:46am On Aug 05, 2016
Curdlebug:
don't mind that guy Honsule spilling trash, a phone I currently use... What the hell, as in where is the crappy talk coming from, I had 15percent the other day, I just put the phone in idle mode by just covering its flip case from 10am, I used it to make n receive calls and I also rereplied whatsapp 'messages till I could charge by 5pm with the fone still on

Let others m5+ users come and corroborate ur story otherwise, idontbelieveit grin tongue
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Olayinka111: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
Curdlebug:
don't mind that guy Honsule spilling trash, a phone I currently use... What the hell, as in where is the crappy talk coming from, I had 15percent the other day, I just put the phone in idle mode by just covering its flip case from 10am, I used it to make n receive calls and I also rereplied whatsapp 'messages till I could charge by 5pm with the fone still on
Easy.
Sometimes, some people's observations are just incorrect. Before I bought my m5 mini, there were negative comments about the 4000mah battery. After buying it, I noticed that the battery is very OK. A day and quarter on 3g and gaming. I later observed that most of such comments were from non users of those phones.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
I left my sdcard back in Ife...and bought a new one yesterday. And I've been having problem with it ever since. It fails to play moved files from internal memory to it.

Now, I'm thinking its a restriction on the latest Indian ROM(6484) and not the sdcard(SanDisk)

Pls 6484 users, can u kindly ease my curiousity by moving a film of over 100mb to your sdcard? Preferably, a movie file.

Before uploading this, I discovered my screenshots are now blanked...with no thumbnail

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by eddie30(m): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
honsule:

Let others m5+ users come and corroborate ur story otherwise, idontbelieveit grin tongue

I bought this phone 3 days back and it's been awesome. Agreed battery is at 5,020MAH it still last long. Fingerprint feature is awesome. RAM at 3gb lovley. Enjoying it. Note i have used M5 before as well. But I prefer the M5 plus. Except for the battery variance which is not an issue cos this last long as well, this phone is amazing.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by spicyboy(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
Gionee M5 needed urgently. Who wants to sell Lagos only
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by 4peace(m): 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:
I left my sdcard back in Ife...and bought a new one yesterday. And I've been having problem with it ever since. It fails to play moved files from internal memory to it.

Now, I'm thinking its a restriction on the latest Indian ROM(6484) and not the sdcard(SanDisk)

Pls 6484 users, can u kindly ease my curiousity by moving a film of over 100mb to your sdcard? Preferably, a movie file.

Before uploading this, I discovered my screenshots are now blanked...with no thumbnail

Lol so gionee will put restrictions on internal memory
Please for what?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Curdlebug(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Olayinka111:

Easy.
Sometimes, some people's observations are just incorrect. Before I bought my m5 mini, there were negative comments about the 4000mah battery. After buying it, I noticed that the battery is very OK. A day and quarter on 3g and gaming. I later observed that most of such comments were from non users of those phones.
you right bro. All this clueless, jobless strollers.

eddie30:

I bought this phone 3 days back and it's been awesome. Agreed battery is at 5,020MAH it still last long. Fingerprint feature is awesome. RAM at 3gb lovley. Enjoying it. Note i have used M5 before as well. But I prefer the M5 plus. Except for the battery variance which is not an issue cos this last long as well, this phone is amazing.

I have watched 2 movies of over 2 hours each, while downloading, in between and after the movies I v been surfing the net and downloading ever since my ba3 was 100%

##pics attached below.... What more? Fone is great.

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 06, 2016
6484 users can any of you spare a couple of second just to move a file larger than 100mb(preferably, a movie) to your External storage space?

Is the moved file still in your internal memory and also sdcard?

Is the one on your sdcard playable after a quick reboot?

I'm currently using 6484..and hummingbird malware completely ruined my mcard..from yesterday to today, I've tested four mcards(2 at a store...2 from roadside) and they all have this issue(some, slow transfer due to write speed)
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Olamzy001: 1:55am On Aug 06, 2016
Pls add me up to the whatsapps Group 08163727964
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by HyDef(m): 2:17am On Aug 06, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:

I don't have any such issues with mine. Try a scan maybe?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Oyetboy(m): 3:02am On Aug 06, 2016
any idea when Gionee m6 mini is coming to Nigeria?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Sunbellar: 6:38am On Aug 06, 2016
I bought Gionee M5+ yesterday 05/08/2016 at the cost of N76,500 at Slot, but found out that it's not as wonderful as the hype. I still prefer my Samsung Note and Samsung Grand 2. Any interested buyer can contact me. Am beginning to hate these Chinese based phones.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by yomifola(m): 7:44am On Aug 06, 2016
Sunbellar:
I bought Gionee M5+ yesterday 05/08/2016 at the cost of N76,500 at Slot, but found out that it's not as wonderful as the hype. I still prefer my Samsung Note and Samsung Grand 2. Any interested buyer can contact me. Am beginning to hate these Chinese based phones.

Sell am for me 50k grin
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Sunbellar: 7:55am On Aug 06, 2016
yomifola:

Sell am for me 50k grin
Hahaha. You're funny! Just that I won't make mistakes of buying any other phone than Samsung and iPhone
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by dboye(m): 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
HyDef:

If you encrypted it accidentally from the file explorer, then do the following.

Go to File Explorer.

Pinch out as if you were trying to zoom into a picture.

You will be asked to enter a password. Enter your password.

You will see your encrypted files. Select the necessary one and press 'decrypt'.

Voila. It goes back to wherever it used to be. Accessible as before.

This can also be done from the gallery, but only for pictures or videos encrypted from the gallery.

Pls how do I encrypt my videos and folders?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by jksxxxx: 7:01am On Aug 07, 2016
One week old Gionee m5 for sale everything intact no scratch very near location Warri price 45k 09033365257
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by vengedre(m): 7:54am On Aug 07, 2016
Sunbellar:

Nothing is wrong with that phone for God's sake, all we know is to criticize, wen we can't even produce a calculator

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Bosun13: 8:08am On Aug 07, 2016
that's hw they condemned..... imaging av used several so call high end phone like iPhone 6plus,galaxy note4, galaxy s3. let me tell u
no phone is perfect either gud display but lagging or smooth running with bad battery or gud looking strict OS ..which one just mention it
but I currently use gionee splus which I belief serving me well without complain
very smooth like iOS; battery backup is very strong unlike Samsung products with lower battery .
very open OS unlike strictly IOS......
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Sunbellar: 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2016
vengedre:

Nothing is wrong with that phone for God's sake, all we know is to criticize, wen we can't even produce a calculator
The finger print security has failed to work even after much trail by Slot staff. I have no problem with the company but let them stop advertising it as if it can work like iPhone.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by mekstaniac(m): 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Modbro and Sybla Tv telling me no internet connection. Any solutions? Help somebody
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Olayinka111: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sunbellar:

The finger print security has failed to work even after much trail by Slot staff. I have no problem with the company but let them stop advertising it as if it can work like iPhone.
I was at microstation like week. The finger print security was tested for me and it works.
Maybe the slot staff never use any finger print security phone before. Look don't be surprise, you may know things those slot staff may not know.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Meklex(m): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
Please, I just got gionee m5 mini and the sensor beside the front camera shows red sometimes... What does it mean?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by stinville(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
Gionee m5 plus = awesome smiley
Haters go look for the nearest transformer n hug it. grin

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sunbellar:

I trade 50k for that device..!
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by mekstaniac(m): 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
stinville:
Gionee m5 plus = awesome smiley
Haters go look for the nearest transformer n hug it. grin
shld b low batter warning
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by twinskenny(m): 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
spicyboy:
Gionee M5 needed urgently. Who wants to sell Lagos only
I have one 43k last with pack
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by macbeyland(m): 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
My gionee m5 now lags like hell. Am not sure what the issue with the phone but I am planning to restore to factory default soon.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2016
How can I cast my phone screen to my SHARP TV without wire

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (192) (Reply)

List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.