Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (482663 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
mekstaniac:
Who uses glass screenguard on his M5? It makes my navigation section of the screen not work properly. As in I have to press like 5 times befor the back screen works
Same here. You'll get used to it
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Curdlebug(m): 2:30am On Feb 23, 2017
Curdlebug:
hello, How much is OTG cable for Gionee m5
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Iyomomoreloaded: 7:38am On Feb 23, 2017
My gionee m5 mini, doesn't multi task anymore, if I switch between apps,go back in a few seconds it starts to reload. It's very frustrating and I think it's making me consume more data.
Please what can I do to fix this?
Thanks!
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by joseph1013: 10:40am On Feb 23, 2017
Polyphony:

Same here. You'll get used to it

Any idea how to power on M5 without using the power button?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by charleseee(f): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
my m5 charge very slow, pls which charger charge fast, where to get it and how much
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
joseph1013:
You'll need professor Peller, he's a magician.

He's dead though cry

2 Likes

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Abdulahh: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
charleseee:
my m5 charge very slow, pls which charger charge fast, where to get it and how much
Just change the cord to Kodak cord which is around 300 naira to 500 naira
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by charleseee(f): 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
Abdulahh:

how does it look like, and where to get it,
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Chiefia(m): 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
charleseee:
currently having same issue. The charger is perfectly fine, in my own case(could be same as yours tho)..
The phone just charges very slow, sometimes it just seize charging while plugged.

Please house, someone with a better knowledge of this help through... Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nebuchadnezar: 12:38am On Feb 24, 2017
joseph1013:

your power button is gone.

well i can help depending on your location
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 24, 2017
joseph1013:

Hold the power and volume up button
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by emmago(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
Does anyone know how to port roms here? i know where to get custom roms for gionee m5 type of phones. But it will have to be ported
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
emmago:
Does anyone know how to port roms here? i know where to get custom roms for gionee m5 type of phones. But it will have to be ported

Give us the link then
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
I want to sell my GiONEE M5. Still clean and the accessories intact plus the pack. Interested buyer should be residing in Abuja/or have sb in Abuja that can transact for him/her. See the machine/phone and u pay. Serious buyer call me. 08035706725
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by boldndbeautiful(f): 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
Gionee M5 marathon for sale, interested buyer in Lagos please contact me @ lilystesia@yahoo.com
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Curdlebug(m): 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
hello, please how much is OTG cable for Gionee m5
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Odunharry(m): 10:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
boldndbeautiful:
Gionee M5 marathon for sale, interested buyer in Lagos please contact me @ lilystesia@yahoo.com
How much last

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Joered63: 12:38am On Feb 25, 2017
My m5 doesn't vibrate again o, and whenever the screen light wants to sleep it start blinking. Pls is any one experiencing this? Any solution?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Samfilo31(m): 6:05am On Feb 25, 2017
Joered63:
My m5 doesn't vibrate again o, and whenever the screen light wants to sleep it start blinking. Pls is any one experiencing this? Any solution?
for blinking Welkum to de system
For vibrations check sounds settings if u didn't remove vibrations
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 6:56am On Feb 25, 2017
Joered63:
I've been experiencing both since abt 7 months ago.

Relax and enjoy!
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by macbeyland(m): 7:30am On Feb 25, 2017
Abdulahh:

Seems like my charging port is bad. My phone now destroys cord anyhow. The cord i bought yesterday, i was charging the phone last night. I left it plugged in and charging only to wake up this morning to see that charging has stopped. The phone was just on 43 percent but the cable was no longer charging it, nor any other device. The cable is gone. Yesterday, my 2 Kodak cables were destroyed before I went and bought this one that has been spoilt yesterday again.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by macbeyland(m): 7:32am On Feb 25, 2017
I will never buy any gionee product again. From E3 that gsve me hell to m5 that is super hell. I'm done with gionee and their useless products. I wonder why getting an ordinary charging cable will be like searching for gold
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by emmago(m): 12:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
Joered63:

I experienced it before.. The solution to this is to download DARKER PRO.. It's an app that will adjust the brightness.. Thank me later
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by emmago(m): 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
honsule:

Give us the link then

Can you port roms?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by 4peace(m): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
macbeyland:

Seems like my charging port is bad. My phone now destroys cord anyhow. The cord i bought yesterday, i was charging the phone last night. I left it plugged in and charging only to wake up this morning to see that charging has stopped. The phone was just on 43 percent but the cable was no longer charging it, nor any other device. The cable is gone. Yesterday, my 2 Kodak cables were destroyed before I went and bought this one that has been spoilt yesterday again.

LOL go and buy good charger joor
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by mekstaniac(m): 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
yomifola:

Aiit.. U mean I should go for the infinix charger?
yeah
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by mekstaniac(m): 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
Im not used to the screenguard mehn. I've removed mine 3 times
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by macbeyland(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
4peace:

LOL go and buy good charger joor

I'm talking about cord you are saying I should go and buy good charger. I have 2 chargers for my gionee, including the one that came with the phone, I was also the one who told the house that infinix fast charger works well with m5. Check previous pages. So the problem isn't charger but like I said, the port.

Anyways.... I have gone to remove the port and replace it.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by macbeyland(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
Joered63:
mine did that sometimes ago and for a long time didn't work, all of a sudden, started vibrating again... Now, it stops at times, whenever it stops, I will remove it from the pouch and give the back of the phone some knocks with my hand, at times I hit it gently by the sides, the vibratior would then start working. As for the blinking screen, it's a problem with amoled screens but gionee m5 own is worse.. Just Google the issue and see for yourself
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
Curdlebug:
hello, please how much is OTG cable for Gionee m5

Should be around 2k
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by sandammy(m): 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
macbeyland:
mine did that sometimes ago and for a long time didn't work, all of a sudden, started vibrating again... Now, it stops at times, whenever it stops, I will remove it from the pouch and give the back of the phone some knocks with my hand, at times I hit it gently by the sides, the vibratior would then start working. As for the blinking screen, it's a problem with amoled screens but gionee m5 own is worse.. Just Google the issue and see for yourself
Probably the blinking problem is only experienced with recently manufactured products. I have never experienced these complaints with my phone. It has fallen hitting the ground times without number and the vibrator or screen never show any side effect. I purchased mine early January 2016.

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (192) (Reply)

List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.