Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,395 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:24 PM

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (485064 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Eljames: 2:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
fabolakers:

Its showing on my own and i'm using GIONEE M5
Bro have you updated your m5. The 3g stuff does it have to do with with the update
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Eljames: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
fabolakers:

Its showing on my own and i'm using GIONEE M5
Bro have you updated your m5. The 3g stuff does it have to do with with the update?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by StanleyVC: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
proffnico:
where do you reside pls..Mayb you fit help me with the update.
i reside in Aba
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by StanleyVC: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
Link for m5 buildprop, flash through twrp and see the changes https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Dl_07xcXysQVF2NUZJVG5EWGc/view?usp=docslist_api
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Theanonymous9: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
Pls what's the issue with games on SDCARD not being able to play on this device?

I know of a method that could help using cmd and android sdk.

I'm planning on getting M5 tomorrow morning?

by the way, is there any problem u guys mind sharing? battery life so far? camera..etc

Tbh, I dont like this Amigo Interface(its stale..and lacks color unlike XUI or miui7) So i wld be working on a customized rom.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
fabolakers:

OK. I want to ask you one question, after flashing the custom recovery, should I boot into recovery immediately or I should on the phone first normally ?

You can do both, but I'll advise you to just boot into recovery directly and backup, by doing so it wont come back to the stock recovery again.

it happened to me too after I've successfully flashed the custom recovery I booted into it and say it after a reboot it came back to stock recovery, I had to do it again and backed up my ROM.

So it's not big deal just do it again

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
fabolakers:

Yes oh. That's the one I'm using. Its cool but stick to your abuja version. I'm having issues with it. My sim 2 keeps popping "send message" from below myscreen. Still don't know what it means and you won't have option to switch to 3G only which is a big problem in naija here cos your phone will keep switching back to 2g. I had to use *#*#4636#*#* to force it on 3G only mode.

That's something o, but why not get a Nigerian stock ROM version and flash it in
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2015
suxxman:
The Firmware file is 1.7gb...... shocked shocked

cheesy

I'd to run back too. it even has bug (according to the user) grin
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
Theanonymous9:
Pls what's the issue with games on SDCARD not being able to play on this device?

I know of a method that could help using cmd and android sdk.

I'm planning on getting M5 tomorrow morning?

by the way, is there any problem u guys mind sharing? battery life so far? camera..etc

Tbh, I dont like this Amigo Interface(its stale..and lacks color unlike XUI or miui7) So i wld be working on a customized rom.

Battery life? Dope! Camera? Outstanding! The only issue i'm having thus far is kingroot's inability to root this device!

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hawlahscho:

cheesy

I'd to run back too. it even has bug (according to the user) grin
grin grin
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
tivta:

Is the 23gb memory available for apps or is the memory partitioned? How long does it take to charge? Thanks.
I dont understand what you talking about the memory. The charging is super fast compared to how slow it drains.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Theanonymous9: 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
Timbuktu14:
Battery life? Dope! Camera? Outstanding! The only issue i'm having thus far is kingroot's inability to root this device!

Thanks for the ss. Kingroot's latest version supports Lollipop Root Functionality.

If it fails, SP flash tool is d way
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Theanonymous9: 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
GAMERS, I NEED YOUR CANDID VIEW ON THIS DEVICE. Have u played any obb game from SDCard? Did the Ba3 withstand it well? How was d graphics?

Might be getting mine 2maro
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hotdiamond(m): 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ihinmi:
Please how much is this phone
about 41k to 43k depending on the location. 41k in Uyo
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Theanonymous9: 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ona do receive any ota update?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
Theanonymous9:
GAMERS, I NEED YOUR CANDID VIEW ON THIS DEVICE. Have u played any obb game from SDCard? Did the Ba3 withstand it well? How was d graphics?

Might be getting mine 2maro
proffinco!!! Where you @?

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
Theanonymous9:
Ona do receive any ota update?
No.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ihinmi(m): 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hotdiamond:
about 41k to 43k depending on the location. 41k in Uyo
thanks
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by fabolakers(m): 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hawlahscho:

That's something o, but why not get a Nigerian stock ROM version and flash it in
If you know where I can get/download one from, would really appreciate it of you share it with me.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by fabolakers(m): 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hawlahscho:

You can do both, but I'll advise you to just boot into recovery directly and backup, by doing so it wont come back to the stock recovery again.

it happened to me too after I've successfully flashed the custom recovery I booted into it and say it after a reboot it came back to stock recovery, I had to do it again and backed up my ROM.

So it's not big deal just do it again
I really appreciate your reply. Do I need to back up to phone memory or I will need to insert a formatted memory card into The phone and if its into memory card, will 4GB mcard be enough for the backup?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by fabolakers(m): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
Eljames:
Bro have you updated your m5. The 3g stuff does it have to do with with the update?
Yeah. I'm no longer using the Stock ROM that came with my phone due to a minor accident that happened. I downloaded India Stock ROM and it seems like its a higher version than ours but that 3G issue is just the downside but I'm on 3G only mode right now thanks to one code that I used.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by fabolakers(m): 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
StanleyVC:
Link for m5 buildprop, flash through twrp and see the changes https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Dl_07xcXysQVF2NUZJVG5EWGc/view?usp=docslist_api

What are the changes please
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by tivta(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hawlahscho:

I dont understand what you talking about the memory.
The charging is super fast compared to how slow it drains.

I mean, are you allowed to use the full phone memory to install apps or is it like m2 where you are only given 1.5gb to install apps?
What is the charging time from 0 to 100
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
tivta:

I mean, are you allowed to use the full phone memory to install apps or is it like m2 where you are only given 1.5gb to install apps?
Charging time doesn't exceed 2hrs. Although, i've never used it below 30% sha. Yeah! The battery is that good.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by proffnico(m): 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
Timbuktu14:
proffinco!!! Where you @?
LOL.. Only rooted m5 can play obb games from SD card bt it plays all games i installed on it.. "very nice/detailed colors" .. You won't regret buying this beasty device...
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by proffnico(m): 9:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
Timbuktu14:
Charging time doesn't exceed 2hrs. Although, i've never used it below 30% sha. Yeah! The battery is that good.
check this out.. Haven't charge it since morning.

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
fabolakers:

I really appreciate your reply. Do I need to back up to phone memory or I will need to insert a formatted memory card into The phone and if its into memory card, will 4GB mcard be enough for the backup?

Automatically it'll backup to phone memory for you and you can later move it to SD card if you like, you can even restore it from otg if it's on it.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
tivta:

You're allowed to install on all d available space though mine never complain.
charging time if you off it from zero to hundred be like 2 hours but while on may take up to 2.5 hours while while operatn is approximately 3 hours

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by leo1987: 3:14am On Dec 14, 2015
Please I am on the verge of selling my M5 because every high game app I have in my phone always shuts itself down whenever I am playing it and it really sucks!

Please any ideas to help remedy the situation will be highly appreciated. Every time I launch my games it will crash and restart itself..sent know what to do again.
Please help
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Theanonymous9: 3:50am On Dec 14, 2015
leo1987:
Please I am on the verge of selling my M5 because every high game app I have in my phone always shuts itself down whenever I am playing it and it really sucks!

Please any ideas to help remedy the situation will be highly appreciated. Every time I launch my games it will crash and restart itself..sent know what to do again.
Please help

Probably you should clear the system UI cache then the game's cache.

But more light on the situation cld help. R u running any optimizing app? R u sure u downloaded d ryt game for ur processor?
Also, try playing the said game on Airplane mode
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hotdiamond(m): 8:06am On Dec 14, 2015
Theanonymous9:

Probably you should clear the system UI cache then the game's cache.

But more light on the situation cld help. R u running any optimizing app? R u sure u downloaded d ryt game for ur processor?
Also, try playing the said game on Airplane mode
Though I don't play games with my phone. I've seen video gaming reviews. It runs very well. Maybe you've downloaded for the wrong processor
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by nitink: 8:11am On Dec 14, 2015
can you please post the link to download indian stock rom

thanks

fabolakers:

Yeah. I'm no longer using the Stock ROM that came with my phone due to a minor accident that happened. I downloaded India Stock ROM and it seems like its a higher version than ours but that 3G issue is just the downside but I'm on 3G only mode right now thanks to one code that I used.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (192) (Reply)

Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Airtel Bb Plan On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.