Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,557 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (483581 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by vicshownero(m): 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Evening house, can anyone give me the location of gionee office in lagos, and will they help me put Indian rom on my phone for free?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ekondu: 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Proseoca:

Please where did you get the Indian ROM?
initially I was using the latest Nigerian version which was released December 31st last year. I got the phone rooted thinking moving apps to memory card would be possible, when I discovered it wasn't possible I unprooted it..which I later discovered some minor issues with phone. I went to flash it to solve the problems... Somehow Indian room T6184 was used for me. I became angry.... all effort to get naija ROM failed which I later did OTA update of the Indian T6184 to v6484 which was released in April this year. After this OTA update I unconsciously fell in love with version v6484. To answer your question... Just look for T6184 and flash ur phone after that do the OTA update. That is all...... Am enjoying it.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ekondu: 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
tomiwa20:
Which version were you using before you updated the India rom
the latest naija ROM released December 31st. I can't remember the version gain.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ekondu: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
Proseoca:

Minna, Niger State.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ekondu:
the only way for now is to go for idian rom. Am currently using it and i must be frank with you guys the new update of indian rom is very good. As most of the problems were attended to eg 3G can now stand on its own as well as 2G... Moving apps to sdcard etc. Its simply nice. I can now boldly say that its better compare to Nigerian rom.

I learn that M5 has memory card slot and Apps can not be moved to sdcard but whats the essence of manufacturing it with the sdcard slot. or is it possible to save some downloads like movies and songs in the memory? .
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by akams2: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
Deeni131:

I learn that M5 has memory card slot and Apps can not be moved to sdcard but whats the essence of manufacturing it with the sdcard slot. or is it possible to save some downloads like movies and songs in the memory? .

Yes u can't move u apps to sd card like u said but oll ur movies, songs and photos can be store on it.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by proffnico(m): 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Proseoca:

Here's where i got mine... https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3MWIAQ-re4Kcnd2blhsV1FObTg
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Proseoca: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ekondu:
initially I was using the latest Nigerian version which was released December 31st last year. I got the phone rooted thinking moving apps to memory card would be possible, when I discovered it wasn't possible I unprooted it..which I later discovered some minor issues with phone. I went to flash it to solve the problems... Somehow Indian room T6184 was used for me. I became angry.... all effort to get naija ROM failed which I later did OTA update of the Indian T6184 to v6484 which was released in April this year. After this OTA update I unconsciously fell in love with version v6484. To answer your question... Just look for T6184 and flash ur phone after that do the OTA update. That is all...... Am enjoying it.

Do I need to root the M5 before I can flash the Indian ROM?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by akams2: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
Proseoca:

No
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ekondu: 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Proseoca:

No! You don't need that.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Proseoca: 7:47am On Jun 20, 2016
Ekondu:
No! You don't need that.

Thanks so much, just to be sure does this Indian ROM you flashed have all the Indian ROM features like 32G ROM, 3G RAM etc?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Proseoca: 7:47am On Jun 20, 2016
akams2:

No

Thanks a lot
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by commanderquash: 8:05am On Jun 20, 2016
Do you guys think there's actually a difference in the power management between normal mode and power saving mode?

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ekondu: 8:36am On Jun 20, 2016
Proseoca:

Thanks so much, just to be sure does this Indian ROM you flashed have all the Indian ROM features like 32G ROM, 3G RAM etc?
no the ram and the ROM remain the same 2G and 16G
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by lastburn(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2016
How did you unprooted your m5?
Ekondu:
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by OCTAVO: 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
commanderquash:
Do you guys think there's actually a difference in the power management between normal mode and power saving mode?
No difference
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ekondu: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
lastburn:
How did you unprooted your m5?
i used kingsroot to root the m5 same kingsroot can be used to unroot it.... if u go under the settings.... Just click on unstall or delete option it will automatically unroot it. U can also google it if u have rooted urs with other rooting apps for solution..... There are many apps now that u can use....
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
Sold
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by HyDef(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
My phone is now charging properly after getting a proper cable. Gionee! grin
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by leonbob: 7:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
HyDef:
How long does your phone last when fully charged talk time and browsing time
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by HyDef(m): 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
leonbob:

How long does your phone last when fully charged talk time and browsing time

It's at 47% since yesterday night. That's with heavy usage.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by joe4christ(m): 10:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
HyDef:

Bros, abeg give me clue how u got a fast charger. Mine just got burnt by my generator, as phcn no wan give us light. I don't know how to go about getting a fast charger as the follow come is now burnt. Pls help!
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by labasticks: 7:24am On Jun 21, 2016
joe4christ:

Bros, abeg give me clue how u got a fast charger. Mine just got burnt by my generator, as phcn no wan give us light. I don't know how to go about getting a fast charger as the follow come is now burnt. Pls help!
there is a gionee office in Ikeja or better put go to slot Ikeja ask gionee officials there for the office they will direct you . you will see m5 charger there its 1300 but without cord. its better you go there because I tried up to 15 chargers in computer village no one charged the phone well before I was able to locate the gionee office
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by vicshownero(m): 7:56am On Jun 21, 2016
OCTAVO:
No difference
I tot as much...... But it's bad
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by joe4christ(m): 9:06am On Jun 21, 2016
labasticks:

there is a gionee office in Ikeja or better put go to slot Ikeja ask gionee officials there for the office they will direct you . you will see m5 charger there its 1300 but without cord. its better you go there because I tried up to 15 chargers in computer village no one charged the phone well before I was able to locate the gionee office

Damn. Ikeja is far away. I'm currently in minna. Don't they have these accessories distributed nation wide? There are lots of gionee m5 users, they ought to do this. I was thinking if I obtain a charger with output of 3A or 4000A. Do you think that would be fast enough? What we're the capacity of the charger u tested and what we're there performance?

Thanks!
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by HyDef(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2016
joe4christ:

I'm still using the same charger, just a different cable.

Some guys here said you can get a charger from Gionee office for 1,800.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by labasticks: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2016
joe4christ:

Damn. Ikeja is far away. I'm currently in minna. Don't they have these accessories distributed nation wide? There are lots of gionee m5 users, they ought to do this. I was thinking if I obtain a charger with output of 3A or 4000A. Do you think that would be fast enough? What we're the capacity of the charger u tested and what we're there performance?

Thanks!
well if you can get original Samsung charger of 2.0 or 2.5 it should charge well. but try to test it b4 u pay. all the chargers I tried even so called 3.5 dey didn't charge well. was charging 1% every for minutes . and that will take up to 5hrz to get to 100%
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by joe4christ(m): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2016
HyDef:

I'm still using the same charger, just a different cable.

Some guys here said you can get a charger from Gionee office for 1,800.

Thanks bro. The problem is, I'm currently in minna. Don't know if they have any outlet here
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by joe4christ(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2016
Mehn, I have tried different chargers. But to no avail. I Don tire I swear!
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Codedboy95(m): 11:46am On Jun 21, 2016
joe4christ:
Mehn, I have tried different chargers. But to no avail. I Don tire I swear!
if you don't get gionee m5 charger buy s plus charger st gionee office ikeja.. it will charge your phone fast too
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Topson7: 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
Samsung galaxy mega for sale@ affordable price....join me on Whatsapp for specification, price and pizz of the phone 0803 632 8818
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by BelovedEaglet(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
Kizyte:
Perfect device! Can't wait to add this machine to my fleet of phones! grin
I'm simply a phone freak...
FOR YOUR MIND!...dash me one na

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (192) (Reply)

***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) / Airtel Bb Plan On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.