Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,213 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues (4421 Views)

Pls Help: My Peugeot 406 Is Having Gear Box Issues / Between jeep Lexus RX300 2002 And Toyota Corolla 2006 ,which One Is The Best ? / Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues by Emuobome: 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
Pls help urgently. My Lexus RX300 jeep gearbox was damaged & then replaced. I drove jeep yesterday 14/8/15 about 120km distance and once after traffic hold up at check point, it didn't respond to acceleration promptly. It also ceased on high motion (as if gear got stuck) momentarily. Two times. I called mechanic today and he said it's brain box. Pls help. Is it possible? Moreover I do not hv the N85k he is asking for
Re: LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues by mayor2013: 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
Emuobome:
Pls help urgently. My Lexus RX300 jeep gearbox was damaged & then replaced. I drove jeep yesterday 14/8/15 about 120km distance and once after traffic hold up at check point, it didn't respond to acceleration promptly. It also ceased on high motion (as if gear got stuck) momentarily. Two times. I called mechanic today and he said it's brain box. Pls help. Is it possible? Moreover I do not hv the N85k he is asking for

Have you heard am about running a scan on your ECU to know what problem your car is facing? That's the first way outta your car problem. Your mechanic is talking tales by moonlight. If you are in lagos call 08156087872 or 08165520837 to get a free scan on your car and also if you need to fix the car
Re: LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
Emuobome:

Check transmission oil level. Check for leaks, scan vehicle.

There's nothing wrong with your transmission/engine ECU. (99per sure) run a scan.
Re: LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues by DECOtech(m): 8:28am On Aug 18, 2015
Emuobome:

Your transmissions slips when heated up. Its a fault with your tranny fibres. Pls, first run a scan on ur vehicle. Don't do guess work.
Re: LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues by Kashif(m): 9:38am On Aug 18, 2015
OP, scan the vehicle as you have been advised. It is very likely you bought a defective tranny sad

When you say 'ceased' do you mean 'seize'? Does it bind and refuses to move at all or just falls out of gear?

DECOtech:

Your transmissions slips when heated up. Its a fault with your tranny fibres. Pls, first run a scan on ur vehicle. Don't do guess work.

I keep saying this, friction disk (called fiber locally) failure is only symptomatic, just like headache. Friction disks don't just burn. If a vehicle has stock calibration, only two things would burn frictions - low pressure (not enough to keep the clutch applied) and cross leak (leakage into a clutch circuit, causing it to apply when not required, albeit weakly). If you do not cure these, you change your frictions in vain, as they will burn out again in a matter of days, depending on the severity of the problem.
Re: LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues by DECOtech(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2015
Kashif:
OP, scan the vehicle as you have been advised. It is very likely you bought a defective tranny sad

When you say 'ceased' do you mean 'seize'? Does it bind and refuses to move at all or just falls out of gear?

I keep saying this, friction disk (called fiber locally) failure is only symptomatic, just like headache. Friction disks don't just burn. If a vehicle has stock calibration, only two things would burn frictions - low pressure (not enough to keep the clutch applied) and cross leak (leakage into a clutch circuit, causing it to apply when not required, albeit weakly). If you do not cure these, you change your frictions in vain, as they will burn out again in a matter of days, depending on the severity of the problem.

Nice info
Re: LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues by EVehicleConsult: 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
Is the MIL {malfunction Indicator Light} ON? check your instrumental cluster to see if its On?
Re: LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues by cardoctor(m): 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
Its most likely that you bought an already faulty gearbox. Most of these second hand units come from decomissioned cars that are doomed for recycling in america or the far east. These guys out there just bring in anything whether tested or not and sell them off as so called tokunbo or Belgium. You should have had a 1-2 week warranty on this item and gone straight back to the seller to have it replaced if faulty.

Unless your mechanic is not telling you the truth, he should have advised for it to be changed immediately.

If its already past the warranty period, you might as well ask your mechanic to change the oil filter, flush out the old transmission fluid or service the valve body of the gearbox and recharge with new atf as specified by the manufacturer.

The chances of your tranny having a BRAINBOX issue is quite slim as these cars, from my own experience hardly have these issues.

Car doctor.

(1) (Reply)

Pls What Is The Meaning Of 2.0l,1.8l,1.7l / The best ATF for my Toyota Camry 2003 / Urgent Painting Or Any Painting Of Either House Or Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.