Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,685 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

3 Fashion Errors Job Seekers Commit - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3 Fashion Errors Job Seekers Commit (776 Views)

20 Common Errors Job Seekers Make / Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Fashion Errors Job Seekers Commit by Nnaeb(m): 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
I just wonder how the average Nigerian undergraduate who has a sense of style loses it all the moment he starts job hunting. Probably, because most naija young people are not cut out for corporate dressing as compared to looking lavishly stylish in casuals. But, corporate dressing is something we all have to embrace because it makes us stand out. It makes you look competent and professional when you step out in a well-tailored outfit that is ‘your own’. For emphasis ‘Your Own’.

Below are the three style blunders job hunters commit

Shirt

Please let me ask, how can someone get to the market or wherever you do your wardrobe shopping and purchase a shirt that is not your own. The shirt more or less looks like a swimming life jacket on your body. In fact, it can even pass for a parachute. You are not been fair to yourself now. Looking good is not really about getting expensive stuffs, but getting stuffs that is proportionate to your body size even if it is cheap. Your shirts must be fitted. Even if you got the designer shirt from a senior friend, nothing stops you from taking it to a tailor for shaping and amendment for as little as 100 naira.

Suit

One of the funniest thing job seekers get wrong is their choice of suit, or should I say coat. When you see the kind of coat people wear to job interviews, you will think they did that on gun point.

Get a good suit for yourself. How can a young man be wearing 3- button suit in this age. I have even seen people appear for job interviews in a four button suit. It does not speak well of your poise and style. Your options should be between 2-button, 1-button and no button at all. Choose a suit or jackets that hug your body like both are meant for each other.

Tie

The slimmer the tie the better. The choice of your tie can make a bold statement of your sense of style. Not just the choice of tie but how it is worn matters a lot. It irritates my eyes when I see people destroy a good tie by the way they wore it. There is nothing professional about knotting your tie to appear short. You see some folks wearing a tie that is just sitting a 2cm below their chest. That is terrible. Look at executives of corporate organization and show me the person that knots his tie like that. Even sport personalities look more professional. Get it right please. Your tie must be sitting 2cm bellow your navel, very close to your belt. And please, you don’t wear striped tie on a striped shirt.

To be continued!

http://jobtrends.com.ng/3-style-blunders-job-seekers-commit-brown-uzoukwu/

1 Like

Re: 3 Fashion Errors Job Seekers Commit by Bacteriocin(m): 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
Noted
Re: 3 Fashion Errors Job Seekers Commit by DeltahArmy(m): 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nice piece..
Re: 3 Fashion Errors Job Seekers Commit by inibro(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
I disagree with the point that the slimmer the tie the better.

Looking @ corporate executives, I dont see dem wearing slim ties. Am not against it but dont paint it in a way that its the ideal thing
Re: 3 Fashion Errors Job Seekers Commit by dayo23(f): 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
Okay
Re: 3 Fashion Errors Job Seekers Commit by sholay2011(m): 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
inibro:
I disagree with the point that the slimmer the tie the better.

Looking @ corporate executives, I dont see dem wearing slim ties. Am not against it but dont paint it in a way that its the ideal thing
I agree with you. Nice point.

Besides, the size of tie should correlate with the wearer's size. Slim ties are recommended for slim-chested people whereas the big ties are good for those that are broad-chested.

@OP...You try.

1 Like

Re: 3 Fashion Errors Job Seekers Commit by engrrichie92(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2015
you forgot the shoes op...your footwear speaks a whole lot of your dress sense you know

(1) (Reply)

Latest Job Offers !!!! Apply Now / It/sales Admin Officers Needed / Konga Nigeria Fresh Graduates And Exp. Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.