Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone (2104 Views)

Stop Windows 10 Update From Consuming Your Data+video / You Should Change This Windows 10 Update Settings Now / Windows 10 Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by LordReed(m): 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hi guys. Are you planning on updating to Windows 10? Well I am and in fact had almost completed it. On Friday I had spent about 6hrs downloading the 2.7gb update and was installing it when one guy went and pressed the power button on my laptop. By the time I turned it back on the message onscreen was rolling back to previous windows. I felt like killing the guy I tell you 6hrs of anticipation and 2.7gb wasted by just one button press. I still feel like killing him because I just tried to update again and the update size is now 5.8gb. Grrrrrrrrr!

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by ironheart(m): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
i feel ur pain brother

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by haibe(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
Lol.. I can relate with that.. Very painful

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by pragmatistm(m): 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sorry for ya loss.
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by falcon01: 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
grin i swear if na me and with these network situation eh...? the mama go jist born another pikin. maybe i will be typing these from prison

3 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by guydangerous(m): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
Op download it again this time 10 hours for 5.8gb,just give me sign let me come and press the power button grin grin

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by Lexusgs430: 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
6 hours for less than 3gb file? I was fully downloaded in under 30 minutes!!!
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by khalhokage(m): 5:39am On Aug 17, 2015
Lexusgs430:
6 hours for less than 3gb file? I was fully downloaded in under 30 minutes!!!

Yes we know you have a fast connection, now go and play with it and leave us with slow internet to empathize with the op.

7 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by Lexusgs430: 9:20am On Aug 17, 2015
khalhokage:

Yes we know you have a fast connection, now go and play with it and leave us with slow internet to empathize with the op.

Did I touch a nerve?

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by holusormi(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2015
I reckon you are updating straight from windows update , to save yourself a lot of grief , why not download the windows enterprise ISO via a download manager like idm, then you can update directly via the downloaded ISO. Upgrading to windows 10 via windows update is very slow, except if your network is drugs!!
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by LordReed(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2015
holusormi:
I reckon you are updating straight from windows update , to save yourself a lot of grief , why not download the windows enterprise ISO via a download manager like idm, then you can update directly via the downloaded ISO. Upgrading to windows 10 via windows update is very slow, except if your network is drugs!!

I have the Windows 10 iso and tried it first but without a Windows 10 key no joy.
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by LordReed(m): 11:45am On Aug 17, 2015
holusormi:

I was going to write I didn't have a key for the Windows 10 pro iso I have but Google has saved the day and now I am installing it... 25%complete fingers crossed no jerk will press the power button again wink
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by holusormi(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
LordReed:

I was going to write I didn't have a key for the Windows 10 pro iso I have but Google has saved the day and now I am installing it... 25%complete fingers crossed no jerk will press the power button again wink

Ohh okay , that's good to know , although when I performed my own upgrade it didn't ask me for any key and I used KMS activator to activate my own copy .... (Windows 10 enterprise)
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by LordReed(m): 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
holusormi:

Ohh okay , that's good to know , although when I performed my own upgrade it didn't ask me for any key and I used KMS activator to activate my own copy .... (Windows 10 enterprise)

Ok. It's done now but I think I am gonna have issues with activation. Let's see how that goes. Really liking the Windows 10 interface so far, just need to update my display drivers.
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by holusormi(m): 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
LordReed:

Ok. It's done now but I think I am gonna have issues with activation. Let's see how that goes. Really liking the Windows 10 interface so far, just need to update my display drivers.

If you have any issues with activation , let me know ... I'll upload the activator i used on 4shared and paste the link here , it will be later in the day when I get home sha... But today
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by Kaybaba5(m): 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
My simple server not working with win10
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by LordReed(m): 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
holusormi:

If you have any issues with activation , let me know ... I'll upload the activator i used on 4shared and paste the link here , it will be later in the day when I get home sha... But today

THanks man appreciate.
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by chygoz3(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2015
holusormi:

Kindly share the activator. Been battling with activation for a while now.
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by holusormi(m): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
chygoz3:

I'll do that once I get home... Hold pls
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by holusormi(m): 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
LordReed:

THanks man appreciate.
chygoz3:

as promised, this is the link to the activator

http://www.4shared.com/rar/P1M95Cj4ce/KMSpico10010240portablebest-ga.html

enjoy yourselves and remenber to disable all your antivirus before you extract and use
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by chygoz3(m): 6:01am On Aug 18, 2015
holusormi:

enjoy yourselves and remenber to disable all your antivirus before you extract and use
Thanks. Will try and and get feed back.
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by chygoz3(m): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
holusormi:

Thanks man! It worked!!!
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by Daniel161(m): 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
I downloaded the windows 10 iso file. But in the process of installing it will fail. Saying something happened. What could be the cause of it
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by dabigjoe6(m): 2:17am On Aug 28, 2015
your situation is better I acutually didnt want the update, but because of the windows policy bla bla it started to download it automatically, I was using my PC when I just saw 75% from the notification bar, I could no longer cancel it because I would be wasting my mb so I left it then when it finished downloading it starting updating the computer, by the time it was about to restart and then install the windows 10 NEPA took light my battery not that strong could not carry my laptop for a long time and were I was there was no other source of electricity that moment, my computer went off and then when I started it back it took me back to windows 7 and not only that I looked for the 3GB file but the computer has already deleted it automatically, I wanted to swear for windows that day..... cheesy embarassed lipsrsealed
Please who knows how much and i can get a sony vaio battery 5200mah or 5800mah for sony vaio vgn-nw

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by LordReed(m): 6:33am On Aug 28, 2015
dabigjoe6:
your situation is better I acutually didnt want the update, but because of the windows policy bla bla it started to download it automatically, I was using my PC when I just saw 75% from the notification bar, I could no longer cancel it because I would be wasting my mb so I left it then when it finished downloading it starting updating the computer, by the time it was about to restart and then install the windows 10 NEPA took light my battery not that strong could not carry my laptop for a long time and were I was there was no other source of electricity that moment, my computer went off and then when I started it back it took me back to windows 7 and not only that I looked for the 3GB file but the computer has already deleted it automatically, I wanted to swear for windows that day..... cheesy embarassed lipsrsealed
Please who knows how much and i can get a sony vaio battery 5200mah or 5800mah for sony vaio vgn-nw

Eyah, sorry. I don't know specifically for Sony Vaio but battery should be about 10k.
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by Abbey2sam(m): 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
why do you guys go through this kinda stress?
download the file from either torrenz.eu or other trusted site (atleast you have the window for keep,instead of all this update poo)
create a bootable or burn it to a cdRom (i.e if your cdROM is working fine) and install it yourself

like me, because i like the 8.1pro, i had to partition my system, so i now run WIN 10 enterprise and WIN 8.1pro on my laptop
Re: Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone by dabigjoe6(m): 11:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
LordReed:

Eyah, sorry. I don't know specifically for Sony Vaio but battery should be about 10k.
ok thanks

(1) (Reply)

Toshiba Satellite P200 - 13Z For Sale / Super Clean Hp Probook Core I3 For Sale In Surulere Lagos / Toshiba Dynabook Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.