Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You (2771 Views)

Original Sin: The Conflict Between Catholic And Pentecostal. / Question: How Do I Know I Haven’t Committed The “unpardonable Sin”? / This May Shock You (EVIL SPIRIT TEA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by KLand(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
The answer to the question may surprise you. Why did I say so? Because, it probably may not be what you think. Please read on.…

The word “blaspheme” means “to speak evil of; defame; or revile.

For us as Christians, we believe, and rightly so too, that there is no sin that is too much for God to forgive. We believe it, we talk about it and we even sing about it.

In one of the verses in Fanny Crosby’s evergreen hymn “To God Be the Glory,” we normally echo with all assurances that “The vilest offender who truly believes, That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.” That’s a great promise from a great song.

Yet, during his earthly ministry, Jesus Christ, at one point in time stated that “All manner of sin and blasphemy shalt be forgiven unto men: but blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.”

ANDREW

What does Jesus mean by “blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men”? Was He really saying that not all sins can be forgiven? Is the promise of forgiveness not for everyone? Is there any sin the blood of Jesus is incapable of cleansing? What is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? Who can commit the unpardonable sin? Can an unbeliever commit the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

“Therefore, the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost that Jesus warns about must be the willful reviling of the Holy Ghost with knowledge of what is being done

A quick search on google.com along these lines produced several explanations by different people on the issue of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. But I found the one given by Andrew Wommack in his daily devotional article, The Unpardonable Sin, to be of most relevance to my quest. The text of the said article is reproduced below for your further reading.

Over to Andrew……
—————————————————————————————-

THE UNPARDONABLE SIN

MATTHEW 12:31, “Wherefore I say unto you, “All manner of sin and blasphemy shalt be forgiven unto men: but blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.”

LUKE 12:10; MATTHEW 12:24-31; MARK 3:22-30

The word “blaspheme” means “to speak evil of; defame; or revile.” In context, Jesus is saying that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is attributing the working of the Holy Spirit to the devil. Many people in the Bible did this, including Saul, who became the Apostle Paul. However, we see in 1 Timothy 1:13, that Paul said he received mercy concerning his blasphemy because he had done it “ignorantly in unbelief.” Therefore, the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost that Jesus warns about must be the willful reviling of the Holy Ghost with knowledge of what is being done.

This parallels Hebrews 6:4-6, where qualifications are placed on those who can fall away from grace. This passage indicates that only a mature Christian can commit such a thing. Likewise, with blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, rash statements spoken against the Holy Spirit in ignorance or unbelief by those who don’t really know what they are doing can be forgiven.

From our human perspective, no clear line can be drawn as to when someone becomes accountable for blasphemies and has committed this unpardonable sin. We can be assured that God knows the hearts of all men and that He will judge righteously concerning this. However, God’s Word does show us that when anyone becomes a “reprobate,” they lose all conviction from God (Rom. 1:28).

Therefore, anyone who is convicted and repentant over having possibly blasphemed the Holy Ghost has not yet reached the place where it is unpardonable or they wouldn’t care. Keep your heart tender and sensitive to Him. Listen to His voice speak to you through His Word today.

https://victorscorner.com/2015/05/15/what-do-you-think-is-the-unpardonable-sin/
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Totally wrong in explanation.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Prove him wrong by correcting it.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
sportsmaster:

Prove him wrong by correcting it.
I shall do so now at your request.

Consequently when Christ came into the world he spake of a sin which cannot be forgiven neither in the then age or the age to come (which is ours). And this, He refers to as " Sin against the Holy Spirit".

Then, under the Old covenant sin is understood as "Transgressing the Law" but when Grace came through Christ He made it known that the people knows not what Sin is and therefore he promise to send the Holy Spirit to the world for three in one ministrations; of which "Conviction of Sin is number one".

Christ in explaining the ministry of the Holy Spirit to the world, He described Sin as "Unbelief in Him" John 16:8-9. Sin, Christ said, is not transgressing the law but unbelief in him.

Now the Spirit testifies through the mouths of the prophets and David that Jesus is the Christ, the Saviour of the World and Faith in his name alone can grant forgiveness of Sin to whoever believes in him,whoever believes on his name. And that whoever that does not believe on Christ will remain and die in his Sin for there is no other way by which sins can be forgiven except through faith in Christ.

Now the Testimony of the Holy Spirit is "Jesus is the Christ and Faith in His name will grant you forgiveness of sins" but when you reject this testimony you made Him, the Holy Spirit a lier. And thus you Sin against the Holy Spirit by rejecting his Testimony about Christ.

And it is evident that whoever does not believes in the Son of God will perish.And if you don't believe your sins remains, if your sins remains you are not forgiven. This, is what Christ mean't when He speak of a Sin that cannot be forgiven, "Calling the Holy Spirit a Lier" this you do by refusing to believe in Christ I.e Rejecting the Messianic testimony The Holy Spirit bores to Jesus and as such eternal damnation awaits such a person because his sins remains equating to "Unforgivable Sin"

May God bless the church with more insights. Amen.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Consequently when Christ came into the world he spake of a sin which cannot be forgiven neither in the then age or the age to come (which is ours). And this, He refers to as " Sin against the Holy Spirit".

Then, under the Old covenant sin is understood as "Transgressing the Law" but when Grace came through Christ He made it known that the people knows not what Sin is and therefore he promise to send the Holy Spirit to the world for three in one ministrations; of which "Conviction of Sin is number one".

Christ in explaining the ministry of the Holy Spirit to the world, He described Sin as "Unbelief in Him" John 16:8-9. Sin, Christ said, is not transgressing the law but unbelief in him.

Now the Spirit testifies through the mouths of the prophets and David that Jesus is the Christ, the Saviour of the World and Faith in his name alone can grant forgiveness of Sin to whoever believes in him,whoever believes on his name. And that whoever that does not believe on Christ will remain and die in his Sin for there is no other way by which sins can be forgiven except through faith in Christ.

Now the Testimony of the Holy Spirit is "Jesus is the Christ and Faith in His name will grant you forgiveness of sins" but when you reject this testimony you made Him, the Holy Spirit a lier. And thus you Sin against the Holy Spirit by rejecting his Testimony about Christ.

And it is evident that whoever does not believes in the Son of God will perish.And if you don't believe your sins remains, if your sins remains you are not forgiven. This, is what Christ mean't when He speak of a Sin that cannot be forgiven, "Calling the Holy Spirit a Lier" this you do by refusing to believe in Christ I.e Rejecting the Messianic testimony The Holy Spirit bores to Jesus and as such eternal damnation awaits such a person because his sins remains equating to "Unforgivable Sin"

he(the OP) was saying the same thing but he did not explain well.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by johnw74: 3:22am On Aug 17, 2015
The unforgivable sin against the Holy Spirit is saying Jesus had the spirit of satan, the scribes and pharisees said that is the power behing His miracles.

Mar 3:22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

Mar 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Saying Jesus had an unclean spirit is the unforgivable sin against the Holy Spirit.
That's what the verses say.

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

They called the Holy Spirit in Jesus "Beelzebub" - the devil.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by AdeniyiA(m): 6:27am On Aug 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:

If I told you that what you explained is not different from the Poster's ,would you believe me?
You're basically explaining the same thing from another perspective. The testimony of Jesus is done through the manifestation of what He stands for or what he would do if He were alive.

He stands for miracles,salvation, healing etc, rejecting or speaking evil or attributing all these to the devil Is giving the devil relevance and placing him above God...

check out this verse ...

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." - John 14:12.

In Nigeria today, because of spiritual blindness of some, people have attributed God's works to that of Satan.
Greater works are to be done because the Holy ghost is here to actualize /testify to the powers in Christ.

Finally we should know that Holy ghost has no body like Jesus while he was alive, He's on earth to testify of Jesus and execute judgment as necessary, among which is non forgiveness if you doubt or defame his works

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 17, 2015
AdeniyiA:

If I told you that what you explained is not different from the Poster's ,would you believe me?
You're basically explaining the same thing from another perspective. The testimony of Jesus is done through the manifestation of what He stands for or what he would do if He were alive.

He stands for miracles,salvation, healing etc, rejecting or speaking evil or attributing all these to the devil Is giving the devil relevance and placing him above God...

check out this verse ...

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." - John 14:12.

In Nigeria today, because of spiritual blindness of some, people have attributed God's works to that of Satan.
Greater works are to be done because the Holy ghost is here to actualize /testify to the powers in Christ.

Finally we should know that Holy ghost has no body like Jesus while he was alive, He's on earth to testify of Jesus and execute judgment as necessary, among which is non forgiveness if you doubt or defame his works
We are saying totally exclusive things... He is ascribing it to "Miracles" and am ascribing to "Faith in Christ".

As for the Scripture in bold... it's totally misconstrued by you.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 17, 2015
sportsmaster:

Miracle is his criteria while the criteria is "Faith In Christ"

The law of perspective view is totally demonic...one Scripture can only mean one thing and not two things.That saying of Jesus has nothing to do with "Miracles" but "Faith"
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by AdeniyiA(m): 8:55am On Aug 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
We are saying totally exclusive things... He is ascribing it to "Miracles" and am ascribing to "Faith in Christ".

As for the Scripture in bold... it's totally misconstrued by you.

The Scripture above mentioned "believeth" which is the same as "faith" , Faith or believe in Christ produces many things in Christ e. g miracles, salvation, victory, breakthrough etc.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by AdeniyiA(m): 9:10am On Aug 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Miracle is his criteria while the criteria is "Faith In Christ"

The law of perspective view is totally demonic...one Scripture can only mean one thing and not two things.That saying of Jesus has nothing to do with "Miracles" but "Faith"
As far as I know, you're totally wrong. The Holy spirit can reveal a thousand different meanings from a single Bible verse to a thousand people depending on the needs of such people, our God is dynamic God who cannot be boxed to a corner.
Though there are verses which are straightforward and direct, most are written in Proverbs which could be widely interpreted.

Lastly faith in Christ is a prerequisite for obtaining miracles, they are mutually inclusive
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2015
AdeniyiA:

As far as I know, you're totally wrong. The Holy spirit can reveal a thousand different meanings from a single Bible verse to a thousand people depending on the needs of such people, our God is dynamic God who cannot be boxed to a corner.
Though there are verses which are straightforward and direct, most are written in Proverbs which could be widely interpreted.

Lastly faith in Christ is a prerequisite for obtaining miracles, they are mutually inclusive

God is not a author of confusion my brother.If God tells you A and later say that A means B to me and that same A means C to you then that makes void the word of God.

God bless the church.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by ayoku777(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Beautiful!

This is the unpardonable sin -refusing to come to Christ to be pardoned. It is rejecting the witness of the Holy Spirit that Jesus is the Messiah; thereby calling Him a liar.

Unbelief in Christ is the unpardonable sin, the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It is the sin unto death.

You're spot on!

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by AdeniyiA(m): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
God is not a author of confusion my brother.If God tells you A and later say that A means B to me and that same A means C to you then that makes void the word of God.

God bless the church.
I am talking of interpretation geared towards the needs or use of the individual concerned .

For instance, Love your neighbour as yourself and love your enemies could mean:-

1. do not cheat your neighbour

2. do not revenge evil to you by your neighbor

3. if your enemies are hungry feed them.

4. Do not discriminate your enemies.

5. do not wish them unwell.

6. Do not speak evil of your neighbors or enemies

7. pray for your enemies

etc

these are based towards the needs of each person concerned at a particular point in time.

You could have 10 genuine pastors preaching a passage differently but the same spirit inspiring them just to achieve a common end.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
AdeniyiA:

I am talking of interpretation geared towards the needs or use of the individual concerned .

For instance, Love your neighbour as yourself and love your enemies could mean:-

1. do not cheat your neighbour

2. do not revenge evil to you by your neighbor

3. if your enemies are hungry feed them.

4. Do not discriminate your enemies.

5. do not wish them unwell.

6. Do not speak evil of your neighbors or enemies

7. pray for your enemies

etc

these are based towards the needs of each person concerned at a particular point in time.

You could have 10 genuine pastors preaching a passage differently but the same spirit inspiring them just to achieve a common end.
You have a lot to learn
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by AdeniyiA(m): 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
You have a lot to learn
if you've got lot to teach oya bring it on !

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
AdeniyiA:

if you've got lot to teach oya bring it on !
I will anytime I see Scripture miscontrued
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
ayoku777:

Beautiful!

This is the unpardonable sin -refusing to come to Christ to be pardoned. It is rejecting the witness of the Holy Spirit that Jesus is the Messiah; thereby calling Him a liar.

Unbelief in Christ is the unpardonable sin, the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It is the sin unto death.

You're spot on!

Shalom!
This is what am trying to explain to the brethrens
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by johnw74: 4:06am On Aug 18, 2015
The scribes and pharisees called the Holy spirit in Jesus Christ "Beelzebub" - the devil,
that is the unforgivable sin against the Holy Spirit.
Every work that Jesus did through the Holy Spirit was a good work,
yet they gave credit for Jesus's works to the devil.

Mar 3:22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

Mar 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by KLand(m): 9:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
starlingslimnet:

I would say your explanation is correct too..... though not different in meaning from the original explanation. Thanks for your effort.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by KLand(m): 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Not exactly.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by KLand(m): 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
sportsmaster:

You are not far from the truth!
Re: What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You by oaroloye(m): 9:50am On Jan 07, 2017
SHALOM!

KLand:
The answer to the question may surprise you. Why did I say so? Because, it probably may not be what you think. Please read on.…

The word “blaspheme” means “to speak evil of; defame; or revile.

For us as Christians, we believe, and rightly so too, that there is no sin that is too much for God to forgive. We believe it, we talk about it and we even sing about it.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION: Real Christians Believe and Follow YAHSHUA'S TEACHINGS, not those of lesser men or women.

In one of the verses in Fanny Crosby’s evergreen hymn “To God Be the Glory,” we normally echo with all assurances that “The vilest offender who truly believes, That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.” That’s a great promise from a great song.

THE OYINBOS WROTE MANY LIES INTO THEIR HYMNS, TO JUSTIFY THEIR WICKEDNESSES.

For instance, if their "CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS" had to confront the fact that they would have to give account before God for all the people they murdered on the orders of their Governments, who of them would fight?

In the Day of Judgment, no one is going to get anywhere pleading the words of some "HYMN."

Those people were simply NOT AUTHORIZED to give such Promises.

Those who rely on them may even meet their authors in Hell.

Yet, during his earthly ministry, Jesus Christ, at one point in time stated that “All manner of sin and blasphemy shalt be forgiven unto men: but blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.”

This is all that we need to know on the subject.

The Door is CLOSED, and NO MAN can open It.

What does Jesus mean by “blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men”? Was He really saying that not all sins can be forgiven? Is the promise of forgiveness not for everyone? Is there any sin the blood of Jesus is incapable of cleansing? What is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? Who can commit the unpardonable sin? Can an unbeliever commit the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

. GENESIS 3:1-15.

NOW the Serpent was more subtil
than any Beast of the Field which
The LORD God had made.
And he said unto the Woman,
"Yea, hath God Said,
"Ye shall not eat of every Tree of the Garden?"
2. And the Woman said unto the Serpent,
"We may eat of the Fruit of the Trees
of the Garden:
3. But of the Fruit of the Tree
which is in the midst of the Garden,
God hath Said,

'YE SHALL NOT EAT OF IT,
NEITHER SHALL YE TOUCH IT,
LEST YE DIE.' "

4. And the Serpent said unto the Woman,
"Ye shall not surely die:
5. "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof,
then your eyes shall be opened,
and ye shall be as gods,
knowing Good and Evil."
6. And when the Woman saw that the Tree was good for food,
and that it was pleasant to the eyes,
and a Tree to be desired to make one wise,
she took of the Fruit thereof, and did eat,
and gave also unto her husband with her;
and he did eat.
7. And the eyes of them both were opened,
and they knew that they were naked;
and they sewed fig leaves together,
and made themselves aprons.
8. And they heard The Voice of The LORD God
Walking in the Garden in the cool of the day:
and Adam and his wife hid themselves
from the Presence of The LORD God amongst the Trees of the Garden.
9. And The LORD God called unto Adam,
and said unto him,
"Where art thou?"
10. And he said,
"I heard Thy Voice in the Garden, and I was afraid,
because I was naked; and I hid myself."
11. And He said,
"Who told thee that thou wast naked?
Hast thou eaten of the tree,
whereof I Commanded thee
that thou shouldest not eat?"
12. And the Man said,
"The Woman whom thou gavest to be with me,
she gave me of the tree, and I did eat."
13. And The LORD God said unto the Woman,
"What is this that thou hast done?"
And the Woman said,
"The serpent beguiled me,
and I did eat."
.14. And The LORD God Said
unto the Serpent,
"Because thou hast done this,
thou art cursed above all cattle,
and above every beast of the field;
upon thy belly shalt thou go,
and dust shalt thou eat
all the days of thy life:
15. "And I will put enmity
between thee and the woman,
and between thy seed and her seed;
it shall bruise thy head,
and thou shalt bruise his heel."

SATAN HAS ONLY ONE STRATEGY: DENY THE WORDS OF GOD.

Yes. There is a Sin that THE BLOOD OF YAHSHUA has NO POWER to forgive, because THE BLOOD of Yahshua cannot possibly do anything YAHSHUA could not do himself. How could It possibly?

“Therefore, the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost that Jesus warns about must be the willful reviling of the Holy Ghost with knowledge of what is being done

Many Sinners must go to Hell, telling God what His Commandments are.

Who authorized anyone to grow up as a Blasphemer?

What did God ever do to anyone, that justified Blaspheming Him?

If someone speaks against GOD, they are defying God's Ability to retaliate against them- if they were not clear on what that was, they should not have spoken out against God.

The only way that anyone would be arguing forgiveness against Blasphemy against The Holy Ghost is if they have committed that Sin themselves. By denying The Word of The Holy Ghost through YAHSHUA, THE SON OF GOD, they are committing that Sin over again.

We don't have to waste time on people like that.

(1) (Reply)

Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! / Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us / Where Is Jerusalem Mentioned In The Quoran.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.