Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,813 members, 7,834,730 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters (28247 Views)

Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy / Buhari Seeks ‘fearless’ Judges To Try Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Akinz0126(m): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2015
Gani Fawehimi how I wish you are still alive to be the prosecutor of this thieves.You hardly see uncompromising judges now adays as a result of fear of losing their precious lives.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by sasquareT(m): 9:51am On Aug 17, 2015
I pray that,probe this probe that Buhari start his tenure with, will not be the only thing we will be hearing through out his tenure.
Though I will really love to see the corrupt politician been make to answer for their greed but then that shouldn't be the priority of mr president.
Maybe Buhari need someone to remind him that.......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by bjdon: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2015
This is the kind of the mentality that belongs in a Army govt.

Nigerians need to be very careful cheering every move like this, which is in fact an assault on democratic tenants. In a democracy there is supposed to be separation between the Executive, legislative, and judicial branches. That is how checks and balances work.
ALL judges are supposed to impartial and honest. By all means if there is evidence of corruption against a judge, then such a judge should be suspended and charged accordingly, but for the govt to charge people, and then also look for specific judges to judge the case, I am sorry that is no longer democratic.
I've got no problem with corrupt people being tried, but we MUST follow all due process to do it and maintain democratic best practices. Failure to do that will only give more ammunition to those who do not want the fight against corruption to succeed for their won selfish reasons.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by tsdarkside(m): 9:52am On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:
Junk journalism!!! The presidency has no such powers to chose judges to try any case!! There is no such powers in our constitution which confers any such powers on the executive.

These propagandas by the APC and its media outlets are becomming sickening!!! This was exactly what Bishop Kukah was talking about!!!

constitution or not....you must have reliable executive...if the constitution dont allow this,than we must change the constitution to allow it!!
their is nothing worse than a unreliable executive...............
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by geefasee: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2015
verbal than action: if buhari can do all he has been saying only God knows what this country will become. But he will say 100 things and do nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by philips70(m): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:
Buhari should not make the mistake of attempting to fight the judiciary else that arm of government would fight back and the APC would suffer at the various tribunals and other cases hanging in the courts

The foolishness in your DNA can breed a whole generation of idiots. You need help.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by prospero15(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2015
donholy28:
Imagine! if there's evidence of looting present,u don't need special" handpicked" judges to try them

Judges do not go about with DSS operatives..sometimes dey re open 2 threat and @ some point may not dish out d appropriate punishment..so if I really got dat ryt den buhari means he needs people who inspite of any danger will let justice prevail
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by omogidi234(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

The fool is an illiterate and does not know the limit of his powers under a democracy.The judiciary is an independed arm of government and under no obligation to accept directives from anybody on which judges to assign to any case

Congratulations for your post. It would sure attracts like soon. Anyway, the assignment of cases to court is usually done by the CJ or the Admin Judge (who is usually next in rank to the CJ). If the President sent a list of the Judges he wants to the CJ and the CJ carries out his bidding, has he not given directives? Or better still he sends the list to CJN/NJC who in turn sends to the CJ.

CJ = Chief Justice for state
CJN = Chief Justice of Nigeria
NJC = National Judicial Commission
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 17, 2015
tsdarkside:

constitution or not....you must have reliable executive...if the constitution dont allow this,than we must change the constitution to allow it!!
Well until the constitution is changed,Buhari does not have the power to assign judges to cases
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by tsdarkside(m): 9:57am On Aug 17, 2015
geefasee:
verbal than action: if buhari can do all he has been saying only God knows what this country will become. But he will say 100 things and do nothing.

we will see...if you have a better idea,then say it....dont just give up and only criticize....
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by front247: 9:58am On Aug 17, 2015
I love buhari stance on corruption but it should not be biased
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by toniacan(f): 10:00am On Aug 17, 2015
He should look very well, and also bring those with sharper eyes to assist him.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 17, 2015
Fearless Judge or "baby-judge" that he can order around. We politicians always look for somebody that will be answerable to us.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Christafarian(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

Mumu this is law and not propaganda. Buhari does not have the powers to appoint any judge to handle any case. I expect fools like you that show me the section of our constitution where you think gave The president the powers to assign judges to handle cases
This is the more reason why you need more education. WAEC, which apparently was written for you, is not enough Oga Chukwudi. Study hard enough to attend a tertiary institution.
Lest i forget, also, be reasonable enough to learn some manners.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 17, 2015
omogidi234:

Congratulations for your post. It would sure attracts like soon. Anyway, the assignment of cases to court is usually done by the CJ or the Admin Judge (who is usually next in rank to the CJ). If the President sent a list of the Judges he wants to the CJ and the CJ carries out his bidding, has he not given directives? Or better still he sends the list to CJN/NJC who in turn sends to the CJ.

CJ = Chief Justice for state
CJN = Chief Justice of Nigeria

NJC = National Judicial Commission
The CJN is under no obligation to accept any such directives.Both the CJN and the president would be in trouble if it is publicly exposed that any Judge handling any case was assigned on the directives of the executive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by morikee: 10:01am On Aug 17, 2015
Good for him. by the way I'd really like to recommend Payoneer to you. It's a great way for professionals and small businesses to get paid by companies abroad. Sign up now and we both get $25 FREE once you receive $100 in payments! and you will get a usa bank account and prepaid mastercard which you can withdraws your earnings on ATM worldwide Why not follow the link
http://share.payoneer-affiliates.com/v2/share/6183899705744172921
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Amack(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2015
Buhari seek, may, will probe bra bra bra like this 4yrs go pass.100 days in office and still counting.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by agitator: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2015
Christafarian:

Oga Chukwudi, the fact that there is freedom of expression does not mean you should grab a keypad and start typing gibberish. Remember you have customers to attend to at your spare part shop. Pls leave criticism to the intellectuals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 17, 2015
Christafarian:

This is the more reason why you need more education. WAEC, which apparently was written for you, is not enough Oga Chukwudi. Study hard enough to attend a tertiary institution.
Lest i forget, also, be reasonable enough to learn some manners.
Mumu you are still to adduce any tangible evidence or proof to back up your case. Quit ranting, you have no point to make in this case
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by saintandsinnerz: 10:05am On Aug 17, 2015
ionsman:

Everything is propaganda to you. Abeg learn to shut up o jare. angry
No it is you that will shut up because the dude makes absolute sense. If you are sensible you will know he spoke the truth

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by tsdarkside(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2015
agitator:

yea...he is right...bring solutions or shut the fvck up...heavens... angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by boujaye: 10:06am On Aug 17, 2015
SenJoe:
May the search go well

Let him use google search
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by philips70(m): 10:07am On Aug 17, 2015
tsdarkside:

The person you are responding to lack brains. He doesn't deserve any rational response. I personally think the loss of GEJ at the polls pulled some nuts out of his brains.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Christafarian(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

Mumu you are still to adduce any tangible evidence or proof to back up your case. Quit ranting, you have no point to make in this case
Now, he wants me to educate him when he ought to have known. Even if i go ahead to enlighten him, the hate, bias, and sentiment wouldn't allow him. Just go to school, kawai.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by tsdarkside(m): 10:09am On Aug 17, 2015
philips70:

The person you are responding to lack brains. He doesn't deserve any rational response. I personally think the loss of GEJ at the polls pulled some nuts out of his brains.

hehehehe...hahahahaha.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 17, 2015
philips70:

You are a very very very big fool. Some one is saying we should run without recourse to the constitution and you are applauding him.Without the constitution, we would not have a nation and Buhari wouldn't be president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 17, 2015
Christafarian:

Now, he wants me to educate him when he ought to have known. Even if i go ahead to enlighten him, the hate, bias, and sentiment wouldn't allow him. Just go to school, kawai.
Mumu. Are you not even ashamed of displaying your illiteracy on a public forum like this?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by chiedu7: 10:11am On Aug 17, 2015
[size=14pt]he means Northerners[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by clemzy05: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2015
Welrez:
I've stopped taking PMB serious long ago.

Wailing wailers... wink wink wink wink wink[size=15pt][/size]
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Christafarian(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

Mumu this is law and not propaganda. Buhari does not have the powers to appoint any judge to handle any case. I expect fools like you that show me the section of our constitution where you think gave The president the powers to assign judges to handle cases
In stark display of his illiteracy, he even calls me a fool, yet his ilk would go about bandying themselves as christians, when even the contents of the scriptures, the are ignorant of.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by tsdarkside(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

Well until the constitution is changed,Buhari does not have the power to assign judges to cases

then you are telling me,we should keep on like this??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. / Fani-Kayode Criticizes Presidency Over Rejecting US Recognition Of Jerusalem / Breaking!!! Dave Umahi Welcomes Buhari In Ebonyi State (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.