Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,453 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously (571 Views)

Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard / Fayose Urges Workers To Call Off Strike, Says APC Should Cover Face In Shame / Speaker Yakubu Dogara Cautions FG To Tread Softly On Saraki’s Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by skultrick(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2015
The governor of Ekiti state, Mr Ayodele Fayose has urged President Mohammadu Buhari to tread cautiously and be mindful of the body language of those hailing him today, saying; “the president should be cautious enough to know that the former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar led National Peace Committee tactically told him to tread cautiously and be mindful of the fact that he is not heading a military government.”

The governor, who said he was not unaware of the sinister plot to destabilise his government because of his strong and truthful stands on national issues, vowed not to be cowed by threat from any quarter.

According to a statement issued by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, the governor said; “opposition is one of the roots on which democracy stands and any
President or Governor that does not want opposition will eventually become a dictator.

"I want to state without fear or favour that I will continue to speak the truth no matter whose ox is gored.
“Nigeria belongs to all of us and no one can intimidate me or the good people of Ekiti State who freely and overwhelmingly gave me their mandate.

“Democracy as a form of government thrives on our ability to ask questions and get answers from leaders," he said.

He urged the President to listen to wise counsel from the General Abdulsalami Abubakar  led National Peace Committee saying; “the Peace Committee has reminded the president that he is not heading a military government and with the calibre of Nigerians in the Committee, their wise counsel should not be ignored.

"These are Nigerians who don't need personal favours from the President  and he should get the message very clearly that he is being told not to act as a dictator.”
Governor Fayose said the President should also know that Nigerians are not interested in any honeymoon, but their well-being.
His words; “rather than concentrate and make a difference within his 100 days in office, the president’s greatest achievement so far is harassment of PDP leaders, appointment of his in-law and kinsmen into sensitive positions, selective fight against corruption and arrest and detention of INEC officials who worked in States won by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).”

While declaring support for the fight against corruption, Governor Fayose however said; “fighting corruption should not be synonymous with convicting Nigerians on pages of newspapers. Rather, the judiciary and other relevant agencies should be allowed to do their jobs without any direct or indirect interference from the President and his party.
"Corruption must be fought in accordance with the laws of the land because going against the laws of the land and the oath taken by the President to respect the constitution in itself is corruption."

Source: http://nigeriainfohub.com/i-cant-be-intimidated-gov-fayose-urges-buhari-to-thread-cautiously/
Re: I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by dayojags10(m): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2015
buhari is making too much noise.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by Immanueladebol(m): 8:59am On Aug 17, 2015
Naso dem go dy talk 4gt deir work
Re: I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by demmy0325(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2015
Baba will start fightin corruption as regards the constitution when You guys stop stealing.. Where was it written too in the constitution to steal..

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by deadZONE: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2015
grin grin grin grin
BUhari is a
TALK TALK SNAIL..
In the best interest
of Nigeria he should
step down, he has nothing
to offer Nigeria generally
aside the northern agenda.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by Paschal001: 9:03am On Aug 17, 2015
We Re watching
Re: I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by ArodewilliamsT: 9:08am On Aug 17, 2015
I suspect Fayose has some sprinkles of Igbo genes. The guy is mercilessly fearless. Very unyoruba-like

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by Goke7: 9:21am On Aug 17, 2015
Fayose is getting scared and he knows it lol

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by Chiaka(f): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2015
Well said. Governor Fayose!
Re: I Can't Be Intimidated - Fayose Urges Buhari To Tread Cautiously by orisa37: 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Please we are in a Democracy!!!!

(1) (Reply)

A Cold Summer In Europe / "Government Of The Daura , By The Daura, For The Daura." / Falsification Of Legislative Duties: Modibbo Kawu As Case Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.