Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram (647 Views)

Looters Burying Stolen Funds In Forests, Burial Grounds – FG / Fayose Hails Buhari Over Negotiation With Niger Delta Militants / Witches Association Backs Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War -vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 17, 2015
The former military president General Ibrahim
Badamasi Babangida (retd) has thrown his weight
behind President Muhammadu Buhari in the fight
against corruption.
General Babangida, who spoke in an interview with
newsmen yesterday, August 16, to mark his 74th birthday
said President Buhari has the capacity to recover Nigeria’s
stolen funds, Leadership reports.
He said: “My boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo created a
similar strategy and, to be fair to him and his government,
he made a lot of recoveries when he was in office; so we
should support this present federal government in what is
trying to do, to achieve the same objective.
“If he is resolute, I believe he will achieve some degree of
stolen funds.
“You talk about oil theft, I am sure President Buhari is
resolute to stamp out all those and to bring to book all those
who have tampered especially in stealing our oil.”

Babaginda also exonerated President Buhari from blame on
the waves of attacks by Boko Haram since he assumed
office. He said that the war against the insurgents was
difficult because it was not a conventional war where the
military could test their full strength.
He said: “I think there is a general misunderstanding of the
whole concept of insurgency; you can call it anything –
instability, guerilla war, terrorism. We are not fighting a
regular army where you can confront them with sheer use
of force and weapons to overwhelm the enemy; no, we have
gotten a small trained army whose tactics is to inflict
maximum casualty on its so-called enemy, inflict casualty on him when and where he least expects it.
“The army is not fighting a conventional war; that makes it
exceptionally difficult. They (Boko Haram militants) blow our bridges; they go as far as blowing up barracks and so on; this is an unconventional war. I think the soldiers are trained for it and they know this is the sort of thing they do. I think the public should be educated about this unconventional war.”
Babanginda also supported the move by President Buhari to negotiate with Boko Haram.

He said: “Unfortunately the president got it right. He said he
will talk to people who are credible, who have been
identified as some of the leaders of the insurgency but, so
far, apart from one or two names, we do not hear any other
name. I don’t think the government will like to talk to a
vacuum, to talk to people who are not worth talking to, as
far as these issues are concerned. So the government is right in being careful to identify and talk if there is anything to talk about.”
According to Babangida, the Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP)’s failure in the last election was a hallmark of
democracy. He said that the people were determined to vote the PDP out and they did it peacefully.
Meanwhile, Babanginda has recounted the bloody Orkar
coup and the Nigerian civil war as incidents in his life that he is grateful to God for.

https://www.naij.com/520561-ibb-backs-buhari-recover-stolen-funds-reveals-negotiation-bharam-vital.html

Lalasticlala
Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 17, 2015
IBB, Whenever I hear that name, I just remember that Not all man is suppose to have a place on this earth.. The bad ones should be terminated quickly...

IBB is as bad as YOKOHAMA

IBB is Bad

YOKOHAMA is baddest. (Only Chelsea fans will understand this) grin grin grin

In other news, FTC on my thread

Caution:: Introvert and LadyF , please stay off
Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by Immanueladebol(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2015
Like say ibb no dy sponsor bh
Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 17, 2015
Saint ibb, see person wey dey talk
Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by merry02(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2015
Any reasonable person will agree with me that these ex military men re only intimidating Us.....IBB of all ppl?the most looter after Abacha?this ppl really want to see Nigeria divides....its well

1 Like

Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by clip: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2015
IBB,
"When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back to you."

Jesus had a version of this wisdom when he said, "Don't focus on the speck in your brother's eye while ignoring the log in your own eye."

When cruel accusations fly, we all need to hear the voice of reason that says, "Look in the mirror, sister. You might just be talking about yourself."

Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by ifyan(m): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2015
May God help us
Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2015
Yes oo! I support IBB on this, but including the $12b stolen during Golf war by saint IBB.
Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2015
I ve told you trust any muslem at your own risk Every muslem is a Boko. Now one Boko is supporting another ,
Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by clip: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
I ve told you trust any muslem at your own risk Every muslem is a Boko. Now one Boko is supporting another ,
Please it is not about religion. It is about individual. Don't we have good Muslims? Yes, we do.
Re: IBB Backs Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds And Negotiation With Boko Haram by omolami: 11:46am On Aug 17, 2015
Negotiation with terrorist? Haba, this shouldn't have come from IBB, except for the purpose of mocking clueless Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

NNPC Will Sack This Number Of Work-force In Days To Come / See How Obama Has Appointed New Gay White House Official, She Was Once A Man! / You Can Probe Amaechi, Court Tells Rivers Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.