Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation (28381 Views)

Adeosun & Hameed-Ali Inspect New Technology For NCS At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport / Buhari Accepts Ban’s Invitation To World Leaders’ Meeting / Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by sallysalsa09: 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
ImoBoi:
President Muhammadu Buhari has accepted the resignation of the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Alhaji Dikko Abdullahi.

With the acceptance, Abdullahi is expected to proceed on his voluntary retirement from Tuesday, August 18.

He had earlier written a letter dated August 3 to the President in which he notified Buhari of his desire to proceed on voluntary retirement from Tuesday.

Buhari’s approval of Abdullahi’s request was dated August 14 and personally signed by the President.

He thanked the NCS boss for his services to the county in the last six years.

The President’s letter was titled “Voluntary retirement from the Nigeria Customs Service.”

The approval read, “Dear, Alhaji D.I. Abdullahi. I write to acknowledge the receipt of your letter Ref. No. NCS/ADM/HQ/P. 35802 of 3rd August, 2015 conveying your decision to voluntarily retire from the Nigeria Customs Service with effect from Tuesday, 18th August, 2015.

“I note with appreciation your services to this nation, especially as the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service in the last six (6) years.

“Accordingly, I hereby approve your voluntary retirement from the Nigeria Customs Service with effect from 18th August 2015.

“I wish you the very best in your future endeavours.

“Yours sincerely, Muhammadu Buhari.”

Abdullahi had, in his letter to the President, thanked him for the confidence and trust reposed on him since he (Buhari) was inaugurated on May 29.

He said by August 18, he would be six years in office as the Comptroller-General of the NCS.

He recalled that on assumption of office, he articulated six-point agenda which he vigorously pursued.

He said the agenda had positively impacted on the efficiency and performance of officers of the service and had drastically changed the negative perception of the service.

He listed the six-point agenda to include capacity building, introduction of e-Customs, enhancing productivity through improved welfare package, moral rebirth for discipline and integrity in service, collaboration and partnering with stakeholders and international organisations, as well as fostering understanding of the Service in the eye of the general public using an intensified and a well-coordinated public relations platform.

The NCS boss said under his watch, the revenue collection into various coffers of government increased drastically.

He said the Service’s average monthly collection in 2009 when he took over was about N29billion, adding that the average monthly collection is currently between N90billion and N100billion.

He hinged his decision to embark on voluntary resignation on the need to allow young bloods to takeover the mantle of leadership of the Service in order to sustain and improve on his legacy.

Abdullahi concluded, “While thanking Your Excellency and indeed Nigerians for the opportunity to serve and contribute my quota to the development of our fatherland, I wish to seek approval of Your Excellency to be allowed to retire voluntarily on 18th August 2015.

“This decision is taken with a view to allowing young bloods takeover the mantle of leadership of the Service in order to sustain and improve on my legacy.”

The President has yet to name Abdullahi’s successor at the time of filing this report.
http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-accepts-ncs-boss-resignation/
grin grin this man no be for him time recruitment name 2milion people pay get work.
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by alexlee50: 6:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
AdeniyiA:

You can trust he'd be invited by the DSS next week cool
Infact, considering the entitlements and benefits attached to holding that position and the attitudes of Nigerians while in an exalted post like his, his hurried letter of resignation must have been advised probably due to a planned restructuring to be carried out in the sector.
u no know aboki.This man is from the same state as PMB.trust me, he would have been going to PMB before he became president to drop regularly.
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
asha80:
I doubt you know the damage inde have done to customs or you know how much he has enriched himself

People always see others from their own image... once you have a corrupt mindset, you will become suspicious of everyone...

Have you ever considered how someone who cancelled the manual collection of custom duties for electronic system which shuns leakage, looting, & diversion can be a big thief according to you

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
ok...
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by coputa(m): 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
AdeniyiA:

You can trust he'd be invited by the DSS next week cool
Infact, considering the entitlements and benefits attached to holding that position and the attitudes of Nigerians while in an exalted post like his, his hurried letter of resignation must have been advised probably due to a planned restructuring to be carried out in the sector.
you are absolutely correct.
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by jeje123(m): 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
asha80:
He should not allow him go Scott free
Egberun samun o le sa mon olorun lowo!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by jeje123(m): 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
I wud ave accept ur claim if u ave resign b4 last general election but now its too late. Go home and crash gently!
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by wrongnumber: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
hemartins:
voluntary resignation. Maybe he is trying to avoid something.

Gbam.

My taughts too.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by gidjah(m): 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
Its time to go bro,8yrs no b joke o,enough coruppt and sharp practices and selfish enrichment.i personally know oga, he is deadly rich i tell you.He's gat one of the largest yard of cars(imported) in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by IYANGBALI: 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
He don chop him own clean mouth like say nothing happen
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by jangola08(m): 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thank you asha" just spoke with my old man not quite long, they've collected enough from him already, share into 10, 1 part will feed Ogun state... Bye bye Diko, my dad will get his 1eagle promotion now....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by uyosolo: 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
The fear of Sai baba,is the end of corruption
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by davefunkz(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
Bonapart:
Nigeria will also welcome Buhari's resignation

Shey u get brain at all
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by patostation(m): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
hemartins:
voluntary resignation. Maybe he is trying to avoid something.

No mind them. Young blood indeed! After person don chop chop finish, e go say he wan resign for young blood. Na now he know say young blood dey.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by dualsurvey: 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
hmmmm! There must be something behind this resignation. It's not ordinary.
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by sunsewa: 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
Handing over to a northerner to continue the tradition.
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by Virgindove(f): 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
The former CG is a politician. He knows the job, gave his best but as usual, a VERY corrupt officer. I must say Dikko is a father, he touched the lives of many, both inside and outside the service, with his wealth. This singular good side of him might prevent his investigation and prosecution. But if anti- corruption agencies' searchlight turns towards him, the revelation will be heartrending, the nation won't believe it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by Bonapart(m): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
davefunkz:

Shey u get brain at all
no point, no opinion

I should be the one asking you that
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by Bonapart(m): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
teamchocolate:

Not Nigeria, maybe biafra who never voted for him anyway undecided undecided

shut up... na only ur vote him take win
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by teamchocolate: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
@ least we know biafra did not vote for him and that's y they want him out but sadly their votes didn't count in d last election.. the children of hate were disappointed when their adopted son Ebele failed at the polls grin grin cheesy cheesy
Bonapart:
shut up... na only ur vote him take win
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by Bonapart(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
teamchocolate:
@ least we know biafra did not vote for him and that's y they want him out but sadly their votes didn't count in d last election.. the children of hate were disappointed when their adopted son Ebele failed at the polls grin grin cheesy cheesy
hate is a word generated from north to an extend they call muslims in the west infidel

So dnt know why you're using such word against the igbos

As for your abok, the die is cast
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by ModiKen(m): 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
Chigold101:
Wise people are living this government. Government that has been so active in the media and so inactive in the governance. I don't blame the guy, he doesn't want his name to be destroyed by the dullard from daura.

Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by Topshow2010(m): 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
This is so weird considering African mentality especially Nigerians in sit tight syndrome even in a daunting job not to talk of a very posh and plum job of Nigerian custom DG.Hmmmm dis is surely a sinister moves.
Anyway its a matter of tym b4 d wind would blow and show fowl yansh angryThis is so weird considering African mentality especially Nigerians in sit tight syndrome even in a daunting job not to talk of a very posh and plum job of Nigerian custom DG.Hmmmm dis is surely a sinister moves.
Anyway its a matter of tym b4 d wind would blow and show fowl yansh
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by hollypagan: 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2015
oga you don pack enough but i dnt know your wise ,atleast your 30 generations will never suffer again if you use the package loot well
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by front247: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
asha80:
I doubt you know the damage inde have done to customs or you know how much he has enriched himself
it is well known fact dikko improved d customs tell ur daura dulllard to fulfill his election promises and stop telling us stories
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by omoakin111: 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
NORTHERN ARRANGEMENT AGAIN. HE WAS COUNSELED BEHIND TO TENDER RESIGNATION IN OTHER NOT TO MALIGN HIS REPUTATION BECAUSE HE IS ANOTHER KATSINA MAN.
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by olatade(m): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2015
Your resignation is long overdue, now go on queue for probe.
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by DolaPat: 10:31am On Aug 18, 2015
next Comptroller General is Alhaji Jibrin Alkali Zakari!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation by hedonistic: 10:39am On Aug 18, 2015
Virgindove:
The former CG is a politician. He knows the job, gave his best but as usual, a VERY corrupt officer. I must say Dikko is a father, he touched the lives of many, both inside and outside the service, with his wealth. This singular good side of him might prevent his investigation and prosecution. But if anti- corruption agencies' searchlight turns towards him, the revelation will be heartrending, the nation won't believe it.

My dear there is no Customs CG that is less corrupt than his predecessors or successors. The wealth you accumulate depends entirely on how long you remain as CG. Dikko has had the good fortune (thanks to Jonathan's and Patience's backing) of being the longest serving CG in recent history, with six long years in the saddle. That explains his untold wealth. Even the likes of Buba Gyang and the rest are all multi Billionaires. Quote me any CG of Customs will be a multi bilionaire in only a few months on the seat. Even Buhari's presidency cannot change that.

CGC is arguably the most lucrative appointment in Nigeria - rivalled only by Minister of Petroleum and NNPC GMD, but with less unnecessary attention than these two.

Dikko must be worth at least $1b. I'm sure of that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men Who Stormed Abia Government House With Suspicious Materials Arrested. Photos / Gov. Ademola Adeleke Dancing To Kizz Daniel's Buga During His Inauguration (vid) / Aisha Buhari Prepares For Get-Involved Initiative (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.