Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities (38449 Views)

Pro-buhari Groups Plan Rallies In Major Cities / Recruitment Of 10,000 Police Officers: Application Hits 705,352 Job Seekers / Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by INTROVERT(f): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=dictbennie post=37054719]Atleast this one go give our dear introvert work.... grin grin grin grin[/quotel]

i can't handle any form of military work... grin
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
Nice move!
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by ojomamah: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sai baba nice one but action pls
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by sule5727: 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
Darlingting:
Against the backdrop of checkmating crime, and criminal tendencies among youths arising from the problems of massive unemployment in the country, President Muhammadu Buhari has said that the federal government is emplacing appropriate framework that will facilitate the employment of an extra 100, 000 Police officers.

Additionally, he said government is to establish properly trained and equipped federal anti- terrorism, multi-agency task force that will effectively address the challenge of Boko Haram and any form of insurgency in a sustainable manner.

Speaking at the one day National Security Summit organized by the Nigerian Police force and Sun Newspapers in Abuja with the theme ‘Community partnership approach to internal security and crime management’ yesterday, Buhari said, “In order to further strengthen the security of the public space, consideration is being given to the expansion of the CCTV Monitoring System across major cities and towns in the country while police accountability mechanism will be strengthened”.

According to the President, “The need for community input to policing and crime management in Nigeria has even become more imperative considering our current national security challenges in which kidnapping, armed robbery, murder, transnational crimes, terrorism and other organized crimes have evolved to threaten our national values and developmental strides”.

“While it is understandable that unemployment, illiteracy, radicalization, negative peer group influence, substance abuse and erosion of family and moral values are social factors that underline criminal tendency, the reality remains that the task of addressing these challenges is that of parents, community and the state”.

Disclosing that efforts are being made to enhance the operational capacity of officers of the Nigeria Police force through tailor made training programme that will give them the right civil orientation in their roles as guardians of the constitution, the President said his administration will encourage the development of state-level community policing under a model that will integrate members of the community to policing functions at the grassroots level.

Commending the leadership of the police force for appreciating the yearning of members of the public by ordering the dismantling of police road blocks which have consistently constituted a dark side of policing and object of discord between the police and the citizenry, Buhari said the initiative of the IGP to introduce the ‘Safer Highway Motorized Patrol Scheme’ and deploy 555 patrol vehicles along all major highways to fill the void created has reassured the citizens of their safety and security”.

In his remarks, Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar called on the federal and state governments to face the task of reforming and re-positioning our national institutions; including the Nigeria Police force and related agencies.

“It is imperative, to ensure that our security agencies truly become 21st century organizations able to discharge their mandates effectively and efficiently.

We should be able to cater to their operational needs and to the welfare of their members. When we state that they serve and protect, we should mean it by word and deed”.

“Secondly, our national security agencies must join the crusade against corruption, with commitment and determination. Regardless of how well trained and equipped an organization is, it cannot attain its full potential if it allows corruption and corrupt elements to grace its corridors.

Those who conspire to corrupt our national institutions from the outside must face the same consequences as those who do it from within”, the Sultan said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-to-employ-100000-police-officers-put-cctv-in-major-towns-cities/#sthash.Oe3xpAji.dpuf
hey is not 100,000 police officer but is 10,000 police officers u guys shld take note!!! jst watch it in AIT news now...
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by bayulll01(m): 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
Chigold101:
Buhari will end insurgency in 3months and he here raising police that will fight insurgency... Laugh de kill me here.

This a government full of promises and failures. The next time what you read will shock the pooh out of your butt. Adeshina will deny that buhari didn't promise community police.

Just watch and see.

Am very sure nobody has done good thing in ur life before,omo yiiibo oloshiii
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by ooshinibos: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Finally Nigeria don wake up ....civilized countries where is no security issues even have cctv everywhere only Nigeria refused to go cctv ..
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
ladyF:
Very welcome idea. CCTV is really needed. The world has left us behind.

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

You again?
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by mankan2k7(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
Buhari ruling Nigeria on pages of news paper, why can't u employ first make we see at least instore d CCTV first before going to news paper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
The dullard is parroting without actions. I am yet to see one thing he has done worth talking about. He should better do them first before making noise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by emzila(m): 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sometimes i just wonder d kind of graduates and students we have in Nigeria, from d news above, i didn't see where Buhari was ''quoted'' as saying that he will or is planning to recruit 100,000 youths into the police force, yet every other person seems to have swallow it......., this is the same way vanguard quack journalist took advantage of the Nigerian youths deficient in English to say that Buhari promise to make $1 equal #1, when what happened was just an expression of dissatisfaction of the wide margin between dollar and the naira. No wonder the old ones had continue to rule since d youths cant read between lines or use their brain.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by major466(m): 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
francizy:
Another campaign promise!!!

Btw, how do you intend to fower and maintain the CCTV mana?? Solar or NEFA?? Wa-nna, I asked because in my area here in Lagos, we've not had fower for good three days now kawai!! grin

I hope those hoodlums won't remove all the CCTV within just one month of installation Yowahhh!!!

And if Buharious wants to reduce crime, he should consider creating more meaningful jobs instead of employing people into that cursed color black on black!!! undecided
Watch and see. In few years time, the overbloated federal government and its ''Do Everthing Mentality'' will collapse under its own inefficiency. These projects can never be sustained with centralisation.
In advance societies, security matters especially the Police are exclusive responsibilities of states, not federal government.
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
dats nyc dearie
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by dictbennie(m): 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=INTROVERT post=37059117][/quote]
Lol....that's why I'm happy that Bubu is gonna employ this many...atleast it will stop you from fighting to comment first...
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by francizy(m): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
cashkid:

You obviously lack that trait to comprehend, go back to my post, read, comprehend, then find a way to represent your argument. I hope you will understand better.

Well bro.. In as much as I have a sensible brain that saw me excel in my academics, I still put it into good use rather than dishing out insults (to people with different opinions from mine) like a street tout. You actually said nothing reasonable considering the epileptic nature of our security forces which our slow president wants to push another 100k people into but you're quick to insult people with meaningful contributions.

Btw that you find it difficult to understand elementary English doesn't mean everyone is like you. Goodnight.
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by supaslim(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
INTROVERT:
that cctv contract will be sweet o...
Anyways nice one on the police matter. opportunity for many Nairalanders to be employed to serve the nation grin
seeya head. i dey sell police recruitment form o #buhariAGENT. WHO GO BUY?
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by shaqhead: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
bodeloja:
[size=14pt]Northern Domination of the Police, just like the Army. [/size]
Domination? Hmm..It boils down to one word "Awareness"! The Force jst like Politics is where the North draw their strength from and they ACTIVELY get into this field! I believe every bloc of d WAZOBIA have where they have their strength too.

The North wont go fighting within "others strengths" eventhough they hv few success stories, but they have done a good job of holding onto what they are good at. How does this amount to "Northern Domination"?
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by pimplucious: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
ladyF:
Very welcome idea. CCTV is really needed. The world has left us behind.

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

How do u do it?
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by lexy2014: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
wapSmart:
It is lucid that the ratio of police to people is very small and when crimes are been commited it will still takes police some times to get to the scene. Which is why this is a good idea.

In as much as this will still put food on some people tables if come to fruition, i am supporting Baba on this.

On CCTV installing CCTV is not the problem but effective, efficient usage and the cost of maintenance would be the problem. I hope they look into this..

Sai Baba
i dont think d problem of our police has been an issue of shortage of personnel. its been shortage of patrotism and passion 4d job of policing. if u employ a 100,000 more men and integrate them into d NPF without restructing and purging d force, bros nothing will change. i would even like buhari extend his probe 2d police force.d process of recruitment is also an issue that should b looked into. in all honesty, many people join d force to escape unemployment not because they want to protect lives. until there is a reorientation and purging, it will change nothing even if 1,000,000 people are employed. 4me its about quantity but quality
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by lexy2014: 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
shaqhead:

Domination? Hmm..It boils down to one word "Awareness"! The Force jst like Political is where the North draw their strength from and I believe every bloc of d WAZOBIA have where they have their strength too.

The North wont go fighting within "others strengths" eventhough they hv few success stories, but they have done a good job of holding onto what they are good at. How does this amount to "Northern Domination"?
nice point. very informed comment

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by persius555(m): 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Small business owners and corporate firms, especially those within populated metropolis should be encouraged to also have camera surveillance coverage covering @ least distances that are up to 50 metres public view. Govt cant do it all alone. CCTV footages from a nearby store was all that was needed to expose the two boston marathon bombers two years ago. The public should take a cue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by francizy(m): 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
major466:

Watch and see. In few years time, the overbloated federal government and its ''Do Everthing Mentality'' will collapse under its own inefficiency. These projects can never be sustained with centralisation.
In advance societies, security matters especially the Police are exclusive responsibilities of states, not federal government.

The last thing a tyrant will do is decentralizing power. He needs all the security forces at arms length in order to be able to vindictively carry out his sham "fight against corruption"...
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
All the time:" Buhari will.........."
Its time we start hearing: "buhari has"
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by shaqhead: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
lexy2014:
nice point. very informed comment
Thanks bro..I think if we jst channel our individual strengths into this country we wont need to "compete".
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
CCTV can be removed except if its protected with conctrete or iron. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by shaqhead: 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
major466:

This thing has bn talked about at different fora but every idea has its time no matter hw laudable it might seem!

Is Nigerian ripe for community policing? I wil say it depends on who u ask. Among other things the inherent fear of making some governors Alpha and Omega over the security agents in their state is still paramount considering what they do now with Police commissioners even with no powers over them.

Is Nigeria ripe for restructuring? It depends on who you ask. Will it come, yes it will! Has our system gone beyond its threashold of handling the inefficiencies of this system? Unfortunately, absolutely not!

As much as we mouth this issues, Nigerians are "federal thinking" than "state/local thinking" that is why nobody asks anythin about issues in their state or lga but wl easily mention the presidents name on every issue that should b handled by the state or lga.

So for now we wl keep managing this system and in the fullness of time, this ideas will birthe naturally!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by BY1434(m): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2015
hazyfm1:
The Nigerian Police Force have long been under staffed. Additional 100,000 is a welcomed idea, but I will also like PMB to also focus on these 4 issues

1. Cleansing the Police Force by flushing all the bad and corrupt ones
2. Training and sensitization of the old Police force, to avoid bad eggs corrupting new recruits
3. Equipping the force by installing video & audio cameras on their patrol vans to record their daily activities, modernized weapons and also a total ban of the Black Uniform
4. Lastly freedom of civilians to record video or audio conversations with any member of the Police force, mostly at check points..

Bravo,U get sense just like APC supporters
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by belloabdulrazaq(m): 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
PMB at work may God protect our good Baba.sai baba grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by estyvino(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2015
musKeeto:

What an intelligent contribution.

Yet he got 50 likes and still counting. We can never be deceived again
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by cashkid: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
francizy:

Well bro.. In as much as I have a sensible brain that saw me excel in my academics, I still put it into good use rather than dishing out insults (to people with different opinions from mine) like a street tout. You actually said nothing reasonable considering the epileptic nature of our security forces which our slow president wants to push another 100k people into but you're quick to insult people with meaningful contributions.

Btw that you find it difficult to understand elementary English doesn't mean everyone is like you. Goodnight.

Another reason why you need to work on ur ability to comprehend.
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by flyingsnail(f): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
A hungry man is an angry man, revamp industries, encourage production and the crime rate will reduce.crimes has been push to the wall, More police will not stop crime
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by omoakin111: 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
APC AND BANDWAGON, HE INTENDS TO POPULATE THE POLICE FORCE JUST TO BE SEEN AS CREATING JOBS. 100,000 EXTRA EMPLOYMENT IS GOOD BUT HE SHOULD NOT END UP LIKE AREGBESOLA AND BLAME PDP AT THE END.
Re: Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities by belloabdulrazaq(m): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
prince088:
I expect u talk like one educated. There must be a desire b4 an action.

if the government is not talking about its plans...you guys will say they have no plan. what exactly do u guys want
I don't know 4 them oo. some people lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maryanne, Moghalu’s Wife Requests Second Marriage Proposal. He Reacts / Jubril From Sudan: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Be Right – Omokri / Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.