Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Prestashop Need Advice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Prestashop Need Advice (1085 Views)

I Want To Integrate Ecommerce Into My Entertainment Blog. I Need Advice Please / Help: How To Integrate Voguepay To My Prestashop Payment Modules / Voguepay/cashenvoy For Prestashop ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
i want to ask if i can install prestashop on my system nd develop my e-store offline then when am done host it on a server nd bring it online #am new to web developing
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by marenx: 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
They are both better career courses but Accounting is more marketable and relevant in any institution.
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
marenx:
They are both better career courses but Accounting is more marketable and relevant in any institution.
huh
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by Whizzcute(m): 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
marenx:

Which kai n weed you smoke?
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by Donald3d(m): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
prettytasha:
i want to ask if i can install prestashop on my system nd develop my e-store offline then when am done host it on a server nd bring it online #am new to web developing
yes u can but you have to install a software on your system first to emulate a server (such as ampps,wamp,xamp) then you can install prestashop without problems.if u need futher help,let me know.Donald
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by JackOfAllTrades: 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
marenx:

grin
@op first install xammp just type it on Google you will find the download link, then after install it will create a folder (called xampp); download prestashop zip extract the folder to a folder called htdoc inside the xampp folder then start the xampp server by running the software open your browser and type localhost then that's it
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:

grin
@op first install xammp just type it on Google you will find the download link, then after install it will create a folder (called xampp); download prestashop zip extract the folder to a folder called htdoc inside the xampp folder then start the xampp server by running the software open your browser and type localhost then that's it
what i meant is dt if i could install prestashop and design ut without internet connection
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by dwebdesign(m): 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
prettytasha:
what i meant is dt if i could install prestashop and design ut without internet connection

THE ANSWER IS YES!
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by JackOfAllTrades: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
prettytasha:
Yes
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2015
dwebdesign:

THE ANSWER IS YES!
thanks . so i should download d zip file first ? then xampp ? den extract to htdoc ? pls can u simplify dz
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:

Yes

thanks . so i should download d zip file first ? then xampp ? den extract to htdoc ? pls can u simplify dt
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by Donald3d(m): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2015
prettytasha:
thanks . so i should download d zip file first ? then xampp ? den extract to htdoc ? pls can u simplify dt
it depends on the one you download,for example i use ampps,----Go to program files/ampps/www then you can but the prestashop folder there ,if u need more,i am here for you.Regards Donald
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 9:08am On Aug 18, 2015
Donald3d:
it depends on the one you download,for example i use ampps,----Go to program files/ampps/www then you can but the prestashop folder there ,if u need more,i am here for you.Regards Donald
so i should download ampps
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by Donald3d(m): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2015
prettytasha:
so i should download ampps
yes please
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
hello guys i av started developing the prestashop site . tho i used a fashion theme i plan to turn the whole fashion thing to my own game theme but i av difficulty changing some images in the fashion theme i dunno if you guys can help out this is the link http://the-black-store.pswebshop.com/ . you can see some fashion images there i wish to change them , thanks guys .. the website is under construction tho
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 6:58am On Aug 21, 2015
Donald3d JackIfAllTrades
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by Donald3d(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2015
prettytasha:
Donald3d JackIfAllTrades
who called me ,oh I am sorry your majesty , here are the steps you should taKe
1.Go to admin
2.Click (hover on)preferences
3. Click on Themes
4. Click on Theme configurator,then you are good to go from there,if you still need further assisstance kindly let me know maam.
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 8:04am On Aug 21, 2015
Donald3d:
who called me ,oh I am sorry your majesty , here are the steps you should taKe
1.Go to admin
2.Click (hover on)preferences
3. Click on Themes
4. Click on Theme configurator,then you are good to go from there,if you still need further assisstance kindly let me know maam.
ok thanks .pls visit dt link and mk corrections
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by BluStreak(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2015
How far have you gone with your store dev? Theme tweaking and modifs has been made a lot easier these days with the advent of element inspector on all major browsers. That of firefox and google chrome stands out among all others. Just rightclick on ur site page and click element inspector, every other designed modif is at your mercy.

Let me know if you need further help.

Meanwhile, offline dev is the ultimate. That way you can work at anytime and at a better pace than online dev. So push to have a local server and install ur preferred framework.

And again, Prestashop is to e-commerce sites what Drupal is to websites. Nice, secure and a steeper learning curve.

Wirox Integrated
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2015
BluStreak:
How far have you gone with your store dev? Theme tweaking and modifs has been made a lot easier these days with the advent of element inspector on all major browsers. That of firefox and google chrome stands out among all others. Just rightclick on ur site page and click element inspector, every other designed modif is at your mercy.

Let me know if you need further help.

Meanwhile, offline dev is the ultimate. That way you can work at anytime and at a better pace than online dev. So push to have a local server and install ur preferred framework.

And again, Prestashop is to e-commerce sites what Drupal is to websites. Nice, secure and a steeper learning curve.

Wirox Integrated

are u good on magento ?
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by BluStreak(m): 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
prettytasha:
are u good on magento ?

I can work with any platform but I prefar Prestashop because of its security. You wanna switch? PS is good o.
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by prettytasha(f): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2015
BluStreak:

I can work with any platform but I prefar Prestashop because of its security. You wanna switch? PS is good o.
its too expensive
Re: Prestashop Need Advice by jaelz(m): 8:07am On Oct 25, 2015
holla this is nice

(1) (Reply)

I Applied For Google Adsense And No Approval Yet, Ads Are Showing On My Blog / Images Not Showing Up In Posts - Sahifa Theme / Get Your Wordpress Services As Low As 2k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.