Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,528 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (776105 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 9:08am On Nov 11, 2015
Horlarmmydey:
Hello friends... Please my infinix hot 2 is not booting again... If I on it.. It will just be displaying those colors that normally turn to Android one.. I tried the power and volume + button it's not entering it... Just displaying colors.. Hell pls

I hope you didn't do anything you are not suppose to do?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 9:12am On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
Lol search using Hot2 Battery Case you will get it. The 3000mAH battery is a bit too big for the original case cover (see pix attached).

I'm not an avid gamer I only use it to browse normally, watch live TV of needed that's all.

Unfortunately I cannot go the extreme with the battery more than I've done which to me is reasonable use.

You don't expect a battery to remain 100% with all features turned on do you? Power efficiency reduces according to the amount of load on it.

I usually charge my phone once a day albeit time of the day. Before I do 5pm to 7am (charge/next day charge). Now I do 5pm to 10am (charge/next day charge) which is an improvement though liking forward to Saturday to Sunday morning when I'm most hard hit on power.

Blue seem the best.... not too bluish as was advertised but I can't second guess it won't be different from what I got.

Phone's looking quite strangely bulky angry

BTW which app are you using to watch live TV? Though I have an awesome one, but it won't hurt to add it to my list that's if it is not the same as the one I use grin
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 11, 2015
negga4al:

What are you talking? Do not mislead people with wrong misconception!

Maybe u are njoying ya android one...but can tell u,not thesame for others
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 9:22am On Nov 11, 2015
Well not too bulky for the trade-off getting 3000mAH battery. Difference is just some 0.2mm negligible to me but a little bit heavier which is not out of place.

Why not share what you use for watching live TV? Naija man like you wan hide open secret? angry Anyway I use Mobdro App. I was lucky to have stumbled on it here on Nairaland and it has worked greatly for me. I'm happy with it and I can cast it on my Smart TV too tongue I kind of use it like a decoder to my TV grin

negga4al:

Phone's looking quite strangely bulky angry

BTW which app are you using to watch live TV? Though I have an awesome one, but it won't hurt to add it to my list that's if it is not the same as the one I use grin
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by teewhydope(m): 9:26am On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
Well not too bulky for the trade-off getting 3000mAH battery. Difference is just some 0.2mm negligible to me but a little bit heavier which is not out of place.

Why not share what you use for watching live TV? Naija man like you wan hide open secret? angry Anyway I use Mobdro App. I was lucky to have stumbled on it here on Nairaland and it has worked greatly for me. I'm happy with it and I can cast it on my Smart TV too tongue I kind of use it like a decoder to my TV grin
Pls what do you mean by "enable quick boot" embarassed
Mine isn't enabled and e dey boot fast.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 9:44am On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:

Suspected so...I wish it was different. I hope you will pay for it? Cause it is awesome! Oh wait first, you can't use Chromecast without going premium, guess you have...good!

Ehn ehn, what is it Naija man did? Would have shared if it was different na, when no be my papa property grin
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Horlarmmydey(m): 9:48am On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
Pull out the battery and replace back again then allow to boot. Let it stay even if displaying the colors until fully boot.

It's taking time because you probably didn't select Quick Boot option under settings

I have even left it for a day... It was not booting
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Horlarmmydey(m): 9:50am On Nov 11, 2015
EMMAUGOH:

The problem is from Android one.... If u can get a get a pc download and flash the 5.1 version of ya rom.... Useless infinix wants to force android 5.1.1 into thier phone even though when d rom. Is still incomplete..
I have been trying to download 5.1 from infinix website but it always stop when it got to 99%
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Horlarmmydey(m): 9:52am On Nov 11, 2015
negga4al:

I hope you didn't do anything you are not suppose to do?
Trying to update but it fails... And the phone is not rooted
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 10:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Yea but my phone has Cast Screen feature so I cast it while playing Mobdro.

negga4al:

Suspected so...I wish it was different. I hope you will pay for it? Cause it is awesome! Oh wait first, you can't use Chromecast without going premium, guess you have...good!

Ehn ehn, what is it Naija man did? Would have shared if it was different na, when no be my papa property grin
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2015
Horlarmmydey:

Trying to update but it fails... And the phone is not rooted

Check in this thread, 3-5 threads down you should find an alternative link to Mega posted by someone. That should help.

It's surprising though that you did not do anything to make your phone in a soft brick state. Just one last question, did you shake the phone while updating...can cause it too.

Unfortunately, the recent updates have disabled the button combination to recovery. Only alternative you have is to flash it.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 10:34am On Nov 11, 2015
As anyone noticed that after the series of updates, the phone no longer suffers the Stage fright security threat cheesy
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by westsyde92: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2015
Hayordejee:

Wah player are u usn?
Boss hw fr
Hw I wan do am
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by pazzys(m): 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
negga4al:
As anyone noticed that after the series of updates, the phone no longer suffers the Stage fright security threat cheesy
Lol, yea... i just updated the lastest update and the phone is even more stable now!!!

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
I think that should be 2000 naira

Please I'm in Accra and can't get the back cover ....how do I go about it
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
I think there's Jumia for Ghana ...Google it and see.

wallace83:

Please I'm in Accra and can't get the back cover ....how do I go about it
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by pazzys(m): 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
prettytasha:
how do I do it pls
You have to generate a BB IMEI using blackberry imei generator, google can help you with finding the app ok, when u are done generating ur bb imei lol then dial on your phone *#*#3646633#*#* on your phone to take u to engineering mode----• check this site for the rest of the process http:// www.ebimablog.com/2015/08/how-to-change-infinix-hot-2-imei-without-mobile-uncle-without-rooting.html
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 1:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
I think there's Jumia for Ghana ...Google it and see.

I used your keyword and I found both colors but what I don't understand is that they state it comes with 2200mAh battery angry

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by kolexepana: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
So stick with it and don't come bothering us. It's our money and we can spend it anyway we want. OK? grin

I didn't quote you now
Its just my opinion smiley
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
The whole description and specification mentioned therein was inaccurate. First they made it look like it was a case with battery built in which was not and then the color which they published was way too lighter than what I got as blue. Then the battery size they mentioned was 2200mAH but on the battery itself was written 3000mAH.

My dear I would advise you buy if you want to. There was nothing going to make me buy a red cover so I took the chance and ordered blue after calling Jumia and the mofo who responded didn't even know they had a such angry

negga4al:

I used your keyword and I found both colors but what I don't understand is that they state it comes with 2200mAh battery angry

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
I understand but why the need to come and pester us with what YOU feel we should be using as phone? Did we tell you we never heard of Gionee or any other product before choosing Infinix? Please try and respect people's views and desist from pestering.

kolexepana:

I didn't quote you now
Its just my opinion smiley
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
What is "Stage fright security threat "? undecided

negga4al:
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
What is "Stage fright security threat "? undecided

Well it's a kind of vulnerability in Android phones from v2.2 Froyo up to 5.1 lollipop I guess. It attaches itself to an mms message so when clicked open makes your phone open to attacks on sensitive data

Read: http://m.androidcentral.com/stagefright

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by twicenoni(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
How can I unroot this hot2 to install the new update
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
The whole description and specification mentioned therein was inaccurate. First they made it look like it was a case with battery built in which was not and then the color which they published was way too lighter than what I got as blue. Then the battery size they mentioned was 2200mAH but on the battery itself was written 3000mAH.

My dear I would advise you buy if you want to. There was nothing going to make me buy a red cover so I took the chance and ordered blue after calling Jumia and the mofo who responded didn't even know they had a such angry

Sometimes I just lament at the kind of work this people do on their website...dem dey there dey mislead people. Just wondering though if this is the official/original battery from Infinix as they seem tight-lipped about the release date except to give us endless salivating advert on this angry. I will email them
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
twicenoni:
How can I unroot this hot2 to install the new update

You are on your own o. No matter the unrooting, you will never be able to update your phone via OTA tongue. Just flash your phone!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
Doubt you will get any thing tangible from them or their so-called 'Sales Consultants' angry Na de same people wey de manage the emails de pick up the calls.

It is inscribed with Infinix Mobility on the pack so I guess it is from them. It would be suicidal for them to be selling one fake Inifinix product when they had a franchise with Infinix undecided

negga4al:

Sometimes I just lament at the kind of work this people do on their website...dem dey there dey mislead people. Just wondering though if this is the official/original battery from Infinix as they seem tight-lipped about the release date except to give us endless salivating advert on this angry. I will email them
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Were you attacked recently when using the Infinix phone?

negga4al:

Well it's a kind of vulnerability in Android phones from v2.2 Froyo up to 5.1 lollipop I guess. It attaches itself to an mms message so when clicked open makes your phone open to attacks on sensitive data

Read: http://m.androidcentral.com/stagefright
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
Were you attacked recently when using the Infinix phone?

No o. But when I initially bought it I download the Stagefright detector app to scan it, and it was vulnerable but after theses patches I did a rescan and eureka! my phone is not.

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
Doubt you will get any thing tangible from them or their so-called 'Sales Consultants' angry Na de same people wey de manage the emails de pick up the calls.

It is inscribed with Infinix Mobility on the pack so I guess it is from them. It would be suicidal for them to be selling one fake Inifinix product when they had a franchise with Infinix undecided

Na wa o...lemme have faith undecided
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Neyoalao(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
bigtt76:
Yea but my phone has Cast Screen feature so I cast it while playing Mobdro.

you mean hot 2 or another phone?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
Other phone UMI Iron

Neyoalao:

you mean hot 2 or another phone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.