Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (775968 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2015
hello guys am Benjamin Samuel, for those of you who have rooted your phone and thinks its the end of upgrade for you! that is wrong.
I got my phone October this year and as an old android user the first thing I did was to root my phone with King root and changed d font with hi font! after activating my bb plan with psiphon the update was downloaded and when I first tried to upgrade it ended in system ERROR!
I was so annoyed and searched online for my system error and discovered that, if you have toot your hot 2 you can receive any upgrade and that it will brick the phone!
so I began to search everywhere for how to unroot phone I got so many ideas but all did not work,
So I went back to Kingroot and I got the instruction on how to unroot. It's quite simple anyway as I followed instructions the phone was unrootd! And today I have done my updates.
So just follow follo the simple instruction on your kingroot and you'll get your phone unrooted but I have discovered that the King root cannot root the phone after rooting.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by slimmyjimmy(m): 8:16am On Dec 17, 2015
please my play music stopped playing my musics
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by lilwill(m): 8:28am On Dec 17, 2015
Pls house, I need your help.

I got my hot2 delivered yesterday while at work, I played with it for a while, updated and installed apps on it and put it back in the box for a full unboxing. The problem started when I took it out of the box at home. I powered the phone on, it booted up showing the boot logo and animation and then it just goes blank...

If I put a sim in the phone abd call that sim it rings out and even picks the call if I swipe to the right and yet the screen still remains blank.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2015
slye:

Yes there is a way to root without flashing infinix rom. but once you update that andrioid one ROM. It bcoms difficult to root which is why i flashed infinix rom. As for me, i love the infinix rom more than the Android one.
pls can i see some screen shot of the infinix rom, cus i love the android one rom.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by djwalata(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2015
Genes1s:
thanks 4 d replies, now i av 2 contradicting replies ooo... I am more confused right nw
I didn't root my phone(infinix hot 2) I've changed d imei. I received d update and equally downloaded and updated it. it didn't affect d phone at all.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2015
DBos:
hello guys am Benjamin Samuel, for those of you who have rooted your phone and thinks its the end of upgrade for you! that is wrong.
I got my phone October this year and as an old android user the first thing I did was to root my phone with King root and changed d font with hi font! after activating my bb plan with psiphon the update was downloaded and when I first tried to upgrade it ended in system ERROR!
I was so annoyed and searched online for my system error and discovered that, if you have toot your hot 2 you can receive any upgrade and that it will brick the phone!
so I began to search everywhere for how to unroot phone I got so many ideas but all did not work,
So I went back to Kingroot and I got the instruction on how to unroot. It's quite simple anyway as I followed instructions the phone was unrootd! And today I have done my updates.
So just follow follo the simple instruction on your kingroot and you'll get your phone unrooted but I have discovered that the King root cannot root the phone after rooting.
if u are on android one rom and u update, it become hard to root.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bonitical: 9:46am On Dec 17, 2015
infinix rom (x510)....for dos dt have nt seen it b4.

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dhabeautyjas(f): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2015
bonitical:
i havent seen it and i want to know if there is any disadvantage of having it,
Also, wht is the procedure of getting it

Must i root to change the ROM?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bonitical: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
go to www.infinixmobility.com,i'd prefer u use uc browser
wen d site opens,click on "support"
folo d onscreen info..
dy re no disadvantages in dowbloadin it,i prefer it to android one.
its nt compulsory for u to root b4 u change d rom cos u re gonna use a PC(laptop)
if u reside in uyo,i culd help u flash d rom.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by carlleung(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
Youngzuko:

Pls add me to the group too....
08035175275-youngzuko
add me too 08060228646,07034263182
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Limerick: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
RandomVic:
The last update was well over 600mb of absolute nothingness, what if I had just 100mb left and I was managing this 100mb for the rest of the month?! What this means is that infinix will just waste my 100mb of to download a crap of an update just like that without my consent whatsoever angry

grin
No be we koba you now grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by horluwatosin(m): 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
pls add me 08133539389
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by horluwatosin(m): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
Limerick:
add me 08081099738
...pls add me 08133539389
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Genes1s: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
bonitical:
Hi bro, pls ao can I change the layout of my menu button to ur own, I want d back button at the right side.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bonitical: 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
Genes1s:

Hi bro, pls ao can I change the layout of my menu button to ur own, I want d back button at the right side.
dts hw i saw it wen i flashed d infinix stock rom
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bonitical: 8:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
dhabeautyjas:
i havent seen it and i want to know if there is any disadvantage of having it, Also, wht is the procedure of getting it

Must i root to change the ROM?
if u reside in uyo,i culd help u flash d rom #no charges
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bonitical: 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
lilwill:
Pls house, I need your help.

I got my hot2 delivered yesterday while at work, I played with it for a while, updated and installed apps on it and put it back in the box for a full unboxing. The problem started when I took it out of the box at home. I powered the phone on, it booted up showing the boot logo and animation and then it just goes blank...

If I put a sim in the phone abd call that sim it rings out and even picks the call if I swipe to the right and yet the screen still remains blank.
my dear jst return d fone immediately,in oda to avoid stories dt touches d heart...

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bonitical: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
dhabeautyjas:
hi house,

i observed my infinfix hot 2 has low network reception, when other phones have internet connections available, it doesnt have except the network is very strong. Please what can be done about this
i noticed dt too....especiall wit dis glo bis stuff
mayb i'll upgrade to hot note pro
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bonitical: 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
djwalata:

I didn't root my phone(infinix hot 2) I've changed d imei. I received d update and equally downloaded and updated it. it didn't affect d phone at all.
ya...dts because u didn't root d fone na
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
bigtt76:
Ignore dem jaaaare grin you don't need it.

u sure about that?? ?

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
grin. Effect of rooting

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
From what I've observed about the infinix hot 2, the problems u guys are facing is because of were you purchased it from, it seems that retailers are getting these phones in distinct batches from different sources. I got this phone in October for 21000bucks at microstation , and ever since then im proud to say I've never come across any of the popular problems hot 2 users are facing. Upon all the tweaks and mods i've applied to this device it has proved to be able to handle all of them without breaking down.
Ive observed that this phone is selective when It comes to sd card(u will xperience serious lagging if u are using a substandard sd card). Ibought a 32gb sdcard that begun to slow the phone down until the sdcard itself got damaged.but when i went back To my old 16gb sd the phone suddenly stopped lagging.
For those saying they are unable to play games on their hot 2. The problem is from lollipop 5.1 not infinix. The best place to download games on ur phone is playstore but when u want a paid games and u seek on other sources u will find out most of them will not work. Cos their are too many ART changes in lolipop 5.0 compared to kitkat 4.4.4 .uptil now i cant play mc4 and fifa 14 on my phone and i had to download mod version of asphalt 8 7 times before it finally worked. I was very suprised when my uncle complained that he can not set custom ringtone. And my mum colleague being unable find her saved photos. Because i adviced them to get this phone from online stores cos it was cheaper there.so when my friend decided to get this phone i took him to microstation last week Saturday [and guess what: the phone has been flawless] since all this ridiculous issues have been non existent in my phone I'll advice any person that wants to buy this phone should get it from a walk in store where you can handle phone before you pay for it. So u can easily change your if the phone is not what u expect and get something else. Before pplewill come here and start giving funny and paranoid complaints.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bonitical: 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
LeonMacJames:
grin. Effect of rooting
shea na xposed installer u use design all dos tinz abi?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
bonitical:

shea na xposed installer u use design all dos tinz abi?
what else? wink
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Infinix x510 does not have low network reception, because u see 3G instead of H+ does not mean the internet speed is slow. The maximum bandwidth is still 21mbps. With mtn i download with 1.5MBps and im sure ill get way more that that if i use Etisalat .

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
bonitical:
i noticed dt too....especiall wit dis glo bis stuff mayb i'll upgrade to hot note pro
I just got the phone. Can't think of getting another now
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
bonitical:
if u reside in uyo,i culd help u flash d rom #no charges
Not in uyo
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Limerick: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
bonitical:

1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
LeonMacJames:
Infinix x510 does not have low network reception, because u see 3G instead of H+ does not mean the internet speed is slow. The maximum bandwidth is still 21mbps. With mtn i download with 1.5MBps and im sure ill get way more that that if i use Etisalat .
How do i know the speed it's running or if it hasH+
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Limerick: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
LeonMacJames:
u sure about that?? ?
u used xposed and your phone is looking this awful?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Sure

LeonMacJames:
u sure about that?? ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.