Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (777024 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by TheeRevelation: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
bigtt76:
For those having issues with their OTA ...I just discovered that due to the rooting (I used Kingroot 4.5.0), several files were changed and as such each time you try installing the upgrade, it fails even after several Factory Resets. It happened to me so I know what I'm saying (other people might be lucky though and get theirs to work after unrooting).

Now what I did was simply logon to the Infinix Mobility Site (http://infinixmobility.com/support/) and download the Android One stock OS there as well as the flashtools. I noticed that while the Android One version on our phones was dated August 04 2015, that on their site was dated August 24 2015 which may signal to the fact that this is the most recent release.

After going through the instructions etc, I successfully installed the new version downloaded and bingo, the System OTA Update displayed BUT with a smaller size 9.3MB which also probably points to the fact that the difference is as a result of the newer version I installed and it went on smoothly without fail.

You may all wish to give it a try. I also saw a version which says Lollipop 5.1 which might even be a more stable version of Lollipop compared to the Android One (I choose to stick with Android One though but will still give it a try when bored).

Happy Sunday to y'all kiss

I think the difference in the dates (taking into consideration, they might have added n fixed some things) prompted the new update to pop up so everything can be leveled up.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by madjnr: 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
codedflowz:

I tried this but mobiuncle is not showing the "Mtk engineering mode".

When I tried this code *#*#4636#*#*.. I tried changing it to WCDMA only... It refused to change... It got stuck on GSM only.. And it's still fluctuating between 2G and 3G.
How did you enabled the network indicator speed on your status bar
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by madjnr: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=dustmalik post=37769811][/quote]
How did you enabled network speed indicator pls
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
My tots too. All the same it cleared the nagging update error.

TheeRevelation:

I think the difference in the dates (taking into consideration, they might have added n fixed some things) prompted the new update to pop up so everything can be leveled up.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
None.

Iamshegxycul:
ok thanks. Am buying. Dis baby tomorrow so I want to know everything before buying. Is there gestures on it
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dustmalik: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
madjnr:

How did you enabled network speed indicator pls
Download internet speed meter lite from play store
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by codedflowz(m): 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
madjnr:
How did you enabled the network indicator speed on your status bar
Internet speed meter from Playstore.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dustmalik: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
For those who have successfully updated, is there any improvement in the network reception (signal strength)?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by obaayo2: 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
dustmalik:
For those who have successfully updated, is there any improvement in the network reception (signal strength)?
yes,the 3g is alot more stable now and faster,and the phone doesnt heat up,the blur on the camera is fixed
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by chalxdon(m): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
bigtt76:
For those having issues with their OTA ...I just discovered that due to the rooting (I used Kingroot 4.5.0), several files were changed and as such each time you try installing the upgrade, it fails even after several Factory Resets. It happened to me so I know what I'm saying (other people might be lucky though and get theirs to work after unrooting).

Now what I did was simply logon to the Infinix Mobility Site (http://infinixmobility.com/support/) and download the Android One stock OS there as well as the flashtools. I noticed that while the Android One version on our phones was dated August 04 2015, that on their site was dated August 24 2015 which may signal to the fact that this is the most recent release.

After going through the instructions etc, I successfully installed the new version downloaded and bingo, the System OTA Update displayed BUT with a smaller size 9.3MB which also probably points to the fact that the difference is as a result of the newer version I installed and it went on smoothly without fail.

You may all wish to give it a try. I also saw a version which says Lollipop 5.1 which might even be a more stable version of Lollipop compared to the Android One (I choose to stick with Android One though but will still give it a try when bored).

Did you download with laptop or with the phone?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
madjnr:
The m2 mini has
this m2 mini screen is small o.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Billyzone4: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
gonaij:
sure, it has
you sure? cause someone just told me it got wifi direct but not hotknot?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by madjnr: 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
markmira:

this m2 mini screen is small o.
is four inches of sweetness
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by tunex4christ(m): 11:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
bigtt76:
My tots too. All the same it cleared the nagging update error.

Pls did u backup your files and apps b4 flashing the stock rom
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
I had already done several factory resets so no file was on the phone and besides that, I had already gotten another phone so it was virtually empty. I would advise you back up yours though.

tunex4christ:

Pls did u backup your files and apps b4 flashing the stock rom
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
I downloaded on my laptop the ROMS and Flash Tool. Used a Windows laptop (Windows 7 to be precise) for the flashing.

chalxdon:

Did you download with laptop or with the phone?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 14, 2015
madjnr:
is four inches of sweetness
oh rili? K how clear is the display?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by chalxdon(m): 4:15am On Sep 14, 2015
bigtt76:
I downloaded on my laptop the ROMS and Flash Tool. Used a Windows laptop (Windows 7 to be precise) for the flashing.

Alright, thank you. I'll try it later
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Tnesbe: 7:59am On Sep 14, 2015
For those that ive updated thier own infinix hot 2 can you help me with recovery. img for Infinix hot 2,I was unable to install the update even with WiFi
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Tnesbe: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2015
Please I need that recovery.IMG abeg house help me
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by directonpc(m): 10:00am On Sep 14, 2015
Advice! When you buy a device and you will love to enjoy office ota updates from manufacturers do not root or push cwm recovery to it. Official updates are cool sha
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Carlcaresophia: 11:00am On Sep 14, 2015
Tnesbe:
For those that ive updated thier own infinix hot 2 can you help me with recovery. img for Infinix hot 2,I was unable to install the update even with WiFi

Hello, we suggest you take your phone to local Carlcare Service Center for checking as for the updating problem. If you need the contact information of Infinix service center, please tell us the city and country you are living in, so that we can send the hotline and address of service center to you. Thank you!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Ngutor(m): 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
PLEASE how do you get this phone to sync all your contacts from your gmail and facebook?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dustmalik: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
bigtt76:

So, I decided to try out the lollipop 5.1 version. It's an infinix customized stock rom, which its Ui is totally different from the Android one variant, and has all the features of infinix stock rom, like the 'HotKnot'. One thing I really liked about it is the 3G reception (signal bars strength) - it doesn't drop at all, especially in an area where there's strong reception, like where I live. That is the only issue I've had with the Android One variant rom. That confirmed my worry that the drop in 3G signal strength is not a hardware issue but a software issue. Hopefully, Google fixes that on the Marshmallow update.

Now, even though the lollipop 5.1 variant is only 5.1, unlike the Android One variant of the rom which is 5.1.1, I still prefer the lollipop 5.1 variant, because of the 3G reception issues. Though I'll miss the pure stock Ui which i prefer, I'm forced to use the non-Android One variant of rom.

One thing most people don't know is, as long as you are unable to attain at least 95% of network reception, there is no way you can achieve the available network speed at that particular point in time.

By the way, is there an avenue to report bugs? because I'd like to report the reception issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 3:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
Nice one. Please share the screen of the 5.1 I might go that path but then it's not sure of getting the Android M

dustmalik:

So, I decided to try out the lollipop 5.1 version. It's an infinix customized stock rom, which its Ui is totally different from the Android one variant, and has all the features of infinix stock rom, like the 'HotKnot'. One thing I really liked about it is the 3G reception (signal bars strength) - it doesn't drop at all, especially in an area where there's strong reception, like where I live. That is the only issue I've had with the Android One variant rom. That confirmed my worry that the drop in 3G signal strength is not a hardware issue but a software issue. Hopefully, Google fixes that on the Marshmallow update.

Now, even though the lollipop 5.1 variant is only 5.1, unlike the Android One variant of the rom which is 5.1.1, I still prefer the lollipop 5.1 variant, because of the 3G reception issues. Though I'll miss the pure stock Ui which i prefer, I'm forced to use the non-Android One variant of rom.

One thing most people don't know is, as long as you are unable to attain at least 95% of network reception, there is no way you can achieve the available network speed at that particular point in time.

By the way, is there an avenue to report bugs? because I'd like to report the reception issue.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dustmalik: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
bigtt76:
Nice one. Please share the screen of the 5.1 I might go that path but then it's not sure of getting the Android M

I'm currently on the Android One rom, but I'll be installing it tonight.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by madjnr: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2015
[quote author=markmira post=37986937]
oh rili? K how clear is the display?[/quote
Is like your hd plasma tv]
Lol
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Emmydrizzy(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pls add me to d whatsapp group

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
[quote author=madjnr post=38005744][/quote]

marketers and hypers well done.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2015
Is it just me having problem wit the simpleserver. Or d phone.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by obaayo2: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2015
GrAnDwEeZ:
Is it just me having problem wit the simpleserver. Or d phone.
is it the smartpak? Do u have psiphon?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 8:39am On Sep 15, 2015
dustmalik:

abeg screen shots . Is the ui like that of zero 2 x509, or them hot note, or is it their new xui, I just wan to be sure of leaving this android one stock ui. And Is d the camera blur absent in the 5.1 update. Please ur answers will be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.