Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,037 members, 7,828,638 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective (7354 Views)

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names / Patience Jonathan At A Burial In Ogu Town Today(photos) / See What Dr Pius Odubu Must Learn From Atiku And Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
Ok, this doesn't bode well. grin cheesy
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
O boy see write up
the yorubas has dealt with ogu/egun people from the write up.
I think the egun in Lagos and Ogun should be given a state of their own since they are not welcome by their yoloba neighbours.
Chai yolobas are land grabbers.

Iya basira Owo mi da e joor

6 Likes

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by 7lives: 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
grin grin grin Even their king is another omo Oduduwa, or have you not heard of '' oba Akran '' before?.

1 Like

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
wadetaw202:
Even if eguns leave Yoruba, the rest of us will still be more than Igbo's. Igbo's can never meet up with Yoruba in positive achievement, no matter how they try. And that is what is getting them angry. Now, when are you guys going to Biafra? You have dirtied our southwest cities enough. Pls carry your dirty bags to Biafra and turn other parts of your alaigbo to what you turned Aba to. Aba, the dirtiest town in africa

Chai!! grin grin Look at a Yoruba MIGRANT living in Lagos asking people to go back to Biafra. SMH!!! The Egun people are simply asking you MIGRANTS to go back to the evil forest of Ogbomosho where y'all MIGRATED from. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by NDPVF(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
Lol.sweetlemon ur people are being demolished here.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by NDPVF(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
Passingshot,ibedun,bolaino,come o o
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Antivirus92(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
if ogu,awori,ijebu etc are not yolobas then yoloba don finish naa. who come remain again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by mayorchelsea(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
I hope they won't discredit sahara as a credible source.

5 Likes

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by tevinsolt: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
According to the history I read the Egun was an annexed territory of the Oyo empire. They were protected by the Oyo empire from the from Songhey and Dahomey empire while they pay homage to Oni of Ife.

1 Like

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by FKO81(m): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2015
Antivirus92:
if ogu,awori,ijebu etc are not yolobas then yoloba don finish naa. who come remain again
grin grin grin
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by NDPVF(m): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
Antivirus92:
grin grin grin
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by NDPVF(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
adeitoro:
O boy see write up
I think the egun in Lagos and Ogun should be given a state of their own since they are not welcome by their yoloba neighbours.

They are the original land grabbers and parasites.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by NDPVF(m): 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
adeitoro:
O boy see write up

They are the original land grabbers and parasites..

1 Like

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by NDPVF(m): 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
Pentiumprof,i see u viewing,what do u av' to say?. cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by wadetaw202: 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2015
huangcheng:

Chai!! grin grin Look at a Yoruba MIGRANT living in Lagos asking people to go back to Biafra. SMH!!! The Egun people are simply asking you MIGRANTS to go back to the evil forest of Ogbomosho where y'all MIGRATED from. cheesy

Stop foaming in the mouth flaaaathead

5 Likes

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by wadetaw202: 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
Godblessbiafra:
Mr say what u know,the bioko people in equitorial quinea speaks igbo ,and igbo is a recognized language in that country.Now tell me which country recognise yoruba as a language?

I don't have your time, useless flaaaathead. You are a minority in everything. Politically, you are minorities. Even in number, you are minorities. Just get lost already.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by wadetaw202: 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
LieDetector:
I wonder when you dumb a$$ oil infected brain will get to start thinking out of the box. Is the issue of cultism only peculiar to igbos? If we're to scrutinize this, wasn't it your tribesman/tribesmen that invented it. It goes on to show how bad, evil and deceitful your tribe is.

You even exaggerated the number just to prove a silly point but I'm sorry cos you ended up spewing crap. Fool.

It is your useless flaaaathead father that is a fool and steupid. Tell your useless father that when you see him next. Yes, everybody is involved in cultism, but your useless empty chest beating tribe claimed it is barbaric and igbomus don't do it anymore. How come it is now reported to have happened in your biafla. Cursed tribe that will perish in the lagoon! And for your info, the number is correct.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by wadetaw202: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
Tkester:

I am the fulfillment of a coward.
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Noneroone(m): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
so lagos is no man's land afterall

2 Likes

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 19, 2015
Antivirus92:

No one nau
grin
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Xpaz: 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
haha. I love this thread
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by FKO81(m): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2015
Really!
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by FKO81(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
shocked cheesy grin
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by patrick89(m): 8:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
tevinsolt:
According to the history I read the Egun was an annexed territory of the Oyo empire. They were protected by the Oyo empire from the from Songhey and Dahomey empire while they pay homage to Oni of Ife.

which oyo? the one Dahomey women came and chased away?

The truth of the matter is Egun peeps are not yoruba in no regard, they're forced to speak yoruba, my stay in badagry opened my eyes! they speak their distinct language, their culture musical instrument traditional attires are very different from yoruba! it just like saying ibibio are igbos! or Ijaws are igbos! they share nothing in common, most of them tend to understand yoruba to survive, yoruba don't understand anything in their language
They are mostly traditionalists, they are veer peaceful and hardworking!!
Egun peeps look more muscular than yoruba!
Honestly the injustice is too much, you need to see their public schools! if you go to badagry you will understand, infact If I should suggest, they should join their kits and kins in Benin republic!
They also enjoy dual citizenship,
they are mostly uneducated, you will see a young girl of 20 years that can not speak come" and "go" they lack everything I have written something similar about this but, as usual they came and dismissed it!
if you see any of them with yoruba name, then he /she must have adopted the name.
Egun people are culturally strong! ie they are still deep into their culture!!

1 Like

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by tevinsolt: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
patrick89:

which oyo? the one Dahomey women came and chased away?

The truth of the matter is Egun peeps are not yoruba in no regard, they're forced to speak yoruba, my stay in badagry opened my eyes! they speak their distinct language, their culture musical instrument traditional attires are very different from yoruba! it just like saying ibibio are igbos! or Ijaws are igbos! they share nothing in common, most of them tend to understand yoruba to survive, yoruba don't understand anything in their language
They are mostly traditionalists, they are veer peaceful and hardworking!!
Egun peeps look more muscular than yoruba!
Honestly the injustice is too much, you need to see their public schools! if you go to badagry you will understand, infact If I should suggest, they should join their kits and kins in Benin republic!
They also enjoy dual citizenship,
they are mostly uneducated, you will see a young girl of 20 years that can not speak come" and "go" they lack everything I have written something similar about this but, as usual they came and dismissed it!
if you see any of them with yoruba name, then he /she must have adopted the name.
Egun people are culturally strong! ie they are still deep into their culture!!

no one has claimed Egun to be Yoruba, but you seem to think so for reasons unknown to me.
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by naijacampu(m): 10:20am On Nov 10, 2016
Hmmmmm, this is not fair to Egun people. So unfair!

1 Like

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by agadez007(m): 11:30am On Nov 10, 2016
who even said eguns/ogus are Yoruba?
pls they are Not o

Many egun youths prefer to speak Yoruba but they have a language that they can even sell a Yoruba man without him knowing it
pure egun names are different from Yoruba not all these yorubalised egun of today o

When a Yoruba man don't undastand what u saying they ask you "shey egun lon so ni"? meaning " are you speaking egun",,,why dont they ask if your speaking Obomosho or Oshobo?

Yorubas should pls respect their hosts

2 Likes

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by iSlayer: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2017
The Egun(Ogu) are not Yoruba. Centuries of living side by side with Yoruba especially in Nigeria has inclined them steeply to the Yoruba however they assert their identity as a distinct people. Their territory spans from Southwestern Nigeria to Benin republic up to Togo. They predominantly like to live around or near water bodies.

1 Like

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Jackossky(m): 12:25am On May 05, 2018
cbrass:

Am good bro, but I haven't. They are not significant here and they don't speak Yoruba to make matters worse only God knows where they came from
Most speak Yoruba fluently.
Sir, please, say what you need know. Some identify themselves with Yoruba while some do not
. Besides, there is nothing like the real Yoruba. It's just a general term for those who originates in the south western region.
Even among those you feel are Yoruba, tell them to speak their real ethnic language to you, you will see there is a difference
We are all brought under the Umbrella of Yoruba (General term)
Nitori n pe, omo Yoruba ni wa.

1 Like

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Jackossky(m): 12:30am On May 05, 2018
AustineE1:
They deserve the right to self existence,they say the dont want to be called yorubas,marriage is not by force,since they are denied everything due to them,just because they dont bear names like Tunde,Balogun or Iyabo.....this article exposes the evil of the Nigeria state,you are denied admission to schools or appointments, in the worst form of tribalism known to mankind,simple because you dont have a yoruba tribal name.

And who told you the egun people are not referred to as Yoruba?
When you read some online post, some just generalize and give false impression about a phenomenon
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Jackossky(m): 12:34am On May 05, 2018
agadez007:
who even said eguns/ogus are Yoruba?
pls they are Not o

Many egun youths prefer to speak Yoruba but they have a language that they can even sell a Yoruba man without him knowing it
pure egun names are different from Yoruba not all these yorubalised egun of today o

When a Yoruba man don't undastand what u saying they ask you "shey egun lon so ni"? meaning " are you speaking egun",,,why dont they ask if your speaking Obomosho or Oshobo?

Yorubas should pls respect their hosts

Smiles, even an ekiti man can sell another Yoruba in ogbomosho through his language.
We might all be classified as Yoruba, but each tribe has its own distinct language and Yoruba is seen as the general language.
That's why we are mostly bilingual.

Sometimes, I also don't understand some of the stuff my awori, Ilaje, ondo peeps are saying
And if I should say mine, they won't understand either but we all have a common language which is Yoruba.
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by dreamwords: 10:40am On Feb 20, 2019
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Oshiomohle 1998 In Funtua Textile Katsina State Before Labour Started Paying / Keeping Nigeria Together And The Media’s Dilemma - Fredrick Nwabufo / Buhari: Nigeria Needs N348.1 Trillion Investment To Achieve 5 Year Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.