Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read (20041 Views)

Oil Minister Double Standards: Photos Of Son's Private Jet Lifestyle - / Buhari Asks For E.A. Adeboyes Blessings / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by bashydemy(m): 8:13pm On Mar 11, 2010
ogajim:

Dude, I didn't realize Kenneth Copeland has left Texas for SA.

Dropping all those names is supposed to make it better for the masses?
Well i believe the 4Billion naira will contribute to it and beside how will you say people are surfering and your people are buying luxury cars and living large to extent that churhes pastors are buying Luxury car's house and living luxury then how will you say masses are suffering in anainternational and i guess the Pastor Jet was bought from the Bahamas so if they see pictures of nigeria surfering are they not gonna ask what are the mesn of God doing and why can't they help the poor masses with the money instead buying a luxury and living a leasure life as i said ealier on judgement day someone mouth will be wild open and wont be able to close it when you see the kind of judgement people you believe in are taking.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by kemmy100: 8:47am On Apr 30, 2011
Should Pastor Adeboye spend 6 billion naira on a private jet? http://www.naijavote.com/main/view/299 Vote, Share, let your voices be heard!!!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by idnole4(m): 11:17am On Apr 30, 2011
The 'church' at this time in history function qua functionary of the society in which it belong. This demands that a 'pastor' of any church for that matter uses the available means of transportation, communication etc. for the advancement of the church. The church like any institution cannot be seperated from the modernising world and the dominant model of thought. However, it is completely a different argument, if buying a jet worth N4 billion is morally right or wrong in the face of
the majority of the population (including most of his own congregation) continues to wallows in absolute immiseration
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by nweike(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2011
As for me regarding the issue at stake, there is nothing wrong with anybody owning a jet let alone persons like Adeboye, Oyedepo etc but when placed side by side what the money (N4 billion) could be used to acheived considering poverty within their churches one is forced to reconsider if the money could not have been put to a better use.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by AjanleKoko: 10:03pm On Apr 30, 2011
nweike:

As for me regarding the issue at stake, there is nothing wrong with anybody owning a jet let alone persons like Adeboye, Oyedepo etc but when placed side by side what the money (N4 billion) could be used to acheived considering poverty within their churches one is forced to reconsider if the money could not have been put to a better use.

Actually this topic is absurd.
Both RCCG and Winners Chapel are prolly at the front of charity in Nigeria. Orphanages, prisons . . . in fact during the 2002 bomb blasts, the Red Cross said they received the single largest donation of supplies in the history of the organization in Nigeria, from Winners Chapel. Including during the civil war. Those churches also have welfare missions, where they reach out to members with issues. I know a couple of people who attend these churches, had serious money challenges, and were supported by the church community. Since I know them personally, I find it difficult to criticize them.

What do you guys expect them to do, dole out the money to the general public, no questions asked? With the kind of infrastructure these churches have put on the ground (church buildings, schools, hospitals, etc) all across Nigeria, N4bn must be some kind of chicken change. Maybe they should just have met in open fields like in the time of Christ, and not bothered to collect offerings. Even Jesus and his group received offerings. Judas was the bag man, so says the Good Book. To work the five loaves miracle, Jesus didn't dip into Judas's purse, he still asked someone to come forward with an offering. I don't see that as being much different from what obtains today.

It's a weird world. The government can take the money that you were compelled to pay via tax, and buy virtually anything they want, including weapons of mass destruction, but the church, which didn't force you to pay them anything, can't spend money without somebody complaining somewhere. By the time the Endeavour mission is over, $200bn of US taxpayers money would have been spent on the shuttle program. Talk about inconclusive, a program that achieved nothing significant for most Americans. What about Iraq and Afghanistan? Trillions of US dollars taxpayers money down there. I suppose there are no poor people in America.

I guess there is freedom of speech sha. But for me, it is difficult to criticize when you don't really have any personal contact with these churches beyond what their critics read in newspapers. Its even amusing the way these clergymen like Adeboye and Oyedepo are maligned by everybody, while the same people that malign them in public go and bow before them in secret. Example: A certain Tunde Bakare.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Victorjoseph(m): 9:28pm On May 28, 2012
Na wa o evrybody don dy get jet me go soon go get my own.FANKS TO God almighty
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by babaelewa: 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
NA WA O! dr ebenezer obey sang it all, if we dont talk, then we sieze to be called MAN!WHEN PASTORS WERE WEARING TORN SHOES AND COAT{NOT SUIT}PEOPLE SAID THEY CANT BECOME XTIANS AND IDENTIFY WITH POVERTY. WHEN THEY BOUGHT JEEP,UNA COMPLAIN, WHEN THEY STARTED FLYING OVERSEAS EVEN IN ECONOMY CLASS, UNA COMPLAIN SAY DEM DEY USE CHURCH MONEY, WEN THEY BEGAN TO BUILD FLATS, UNA COMPLAIN. SO IF THEY BUY JETS AND UNA NO COMPLAIN, THEN ME SEF GO DEY WONDER SAY WETIN DO UNA 4 MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!.STUDY UR BIBLE WELL BE4 U SAY DAT PASTORS ARE NOT FIT 4 D BEST. SOME OF THE SACRIFICES THEVE MADE IF U MAKE ONE QUARTER OF IT...D WHOLE WRLD NO GO REST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu To Omoyele Sowore: "Inconsequential, Go Contest For Councillor" / How To Fix Nigeria In 72 Hours By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat / Bode George Appeals To Foreign Nations Not To Lend Any Money To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.