Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. (12315 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / What Does It Mean To Test The Spirits?(1john 4:1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2015
As long as the 1 John 5:7 does not contradict the revelation in other parts of Scripture as regards to God, I believe it was not inserted but was a part of the chapter! Besides what was there did not contradict Christ's words in John 17:21, Revelations etc

As regards Matthew, that style of writing was also used by Samuel (writer of large portion of 1 Samuel), Moses (especially in the Pentateuch) etc

Since muslims say they believe all the other prophets then were Isaiah, Daniel, David, Zechariah, Jeremiah etc lying when they prophesied of the death of Jesus Christ? Or was Jesus saying something contradicting these prophets when He said:

Luke 18:31-33
Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished.
32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon.
33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
***Shaking head*** I don't why muslims keep comparing Jesus of the Bible and quran. These are two different people entirely.
keep shaking your head. i just hope you come to know the truth one day, let me ask you this, have you honestly read all the bible??
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
@schorlar8200 do you know why the verse was inserted at the 3rd edition of erasmus bible? have you ever wondered why it is the only clear and explicit verse that ties the father, son and spirit as one? if you have please tell me what you think. talking about moses, in the book moses(if you want the verse i will give you), there was a place that talked about a detailed info of his death, are you saying moses wrote about his death? prophesied jesus death where? in the bible right? same bible that the original authors are not known, jeremiah 8:8 do buttress my point
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by plaetton: 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
Your problem is that you think everything ends here, not knowing that even if you live up to 100yrs on earth, its a fraction in eternity and not even up to a day in the presence of God.

Lol.
And who is afraid of eternity?

Nevertheless, happily ever after always sound good in a fairy tale.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@schorlar8200 do you know why the verse was inserted at the 3rd edition of erasmus bible? have you ever wondered why it is the only clear and explicit verse that ties the father, son and spirit as one? if you have please tell me what you think. talking about moses, in the book moses(if you want the verse i will give you), there was a place that talked about a detailed info of his death, are you saying moses wrote about his death? prophesied jesus death where? in the bible right? same bible that the original authors are not known, jeremiah 8:8 do buttress my point
1. I maintain that you will need to show how that which was 'inserted' contradicts other parts!

2. As long as the 'tie' as One does not contradict other passages eg the ones I quoted in my first response.

3. The place you have in mind is Deuteronomy 34 and that was more like an epilogue which by the way sums up the life and ministry of Moses and the events after his death. Of course Moses could not have written that chapter! However there are clear evidences that he wrote through others eg Deuteronomy 31:19, 32:44,45 If you carefully consider these verses, you will see that there were times when the actual writing was done by a right-hand person/scribe (just like Baruch was to Jeremiah Jeremiah 36:32). Hence such a scribe will include details eg death and burial. Samuel wrote 1 Samuel but, as stated before, the book was concluded by another scribe!

4. Jesus death was prophesied in Daniel 9:26, Isaiah 53, Psalm 22, Isaiah 52:13-15, etc

5. Same Bible that millions all through the centuries have believed and obeyed and have found Life! So, if there were some false scribes and false prophets, God could not preserve His Word?! Even when Jeremiah was a prophet there were false prophets that openly contradicted him and what did God say?:

28 The prophet who has a dream, let him tell his dream; but he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat [for nourishment]? says the Lord.
29 Is not My word like fire [that consumes all that cannot endure the test]? says the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks in pieces the rock [of most stubborn resistance]?
Jeremiah 23:28-29

P.S.: Kindly quote the passage where paul wondered if he had the Spirit or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
thats what you are made to believe from your childhood.
Really!!!! Have you ever had an encounter with Allah
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
Really!!!! Have you ever had an encounter with Allah
lol, before i answer that, what do you define encounter to be?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
keep shaking your head. i just hope you come to know the truth one day, let me ask you this, have you honestly read all the bible??
Imagine a slave(seed of ishmeal) telling a Son(seed of isaac) and a prince the truth. What an irony. Maybe you don't know that the stories of Jesus and maryam in the quran were copied from the gnostics. Kindly do a research.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
@scholar2800,(1) I asked if you ever wondered why it was first seen in the 3rd edition of erasmus bible, why it never appeared in the old greek manuscript and why it is the only verse that explicitly shows the trinity, i will like to know your view about this............................(2) talking about scribes, isnt it possible for them to change the word of God for selfish gain( quran support this) jeremiah 8:8 also supports my statement, if this is the case can the scribes really be trusted? in otherwords can the bible be trusted?........................(3) jesus christ death prophesied in the same bible that cant be trusted............................(4)paul uncertainty can be found in 1corithians7:40 " but she is happier if she so abide after my judgement, and I THINK i also have the spirit of God.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
[s]Imagine a slave(seed of ishmeal) telling a Son(seed of isaac) and a prince the truth. What an irony. Maybe you don't know that the stories of Jesus and maryam in the quran were copied from the gnostics. Kindly do a research.[/s]
I now clearly see your level of reasoning, you dont even know what you are saying, deluded right from your childhood. no matter the number the derogatory words you use, i wont do that with you today.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@scholar2800,(1) I asked if you ever wondered why it was first seen in the 3rd edition, why it never appeared in the old greek manuscript and why it is the only verse that explicitly shows the trinity, i will like to know your view about this.................(2) talking about scribes, isnt it possible for them to change the word of God for selfish gain( quran support this) jeremiah 8:8 also supports my statement, if this is the case can the scribes really be trusted? in otherwords can the bible be trusted?...............(3) jesus christ death prophesied in the same bible that cant be trusted............(4)paul uncertainty can be found in 1corithians7:40 " but she is happier if she so abide after my judgement, and I THINK i also have the spirit of God.
And muhammed was prophesied correctly in the same bible that can't be trusted. So you now know mohammed is a false prophet abi?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
Mohammed prophesied in the same bible that can't be trusted. So you now know mohammed is a false prophet abi?
@bolded. Do you know what you are saying, you are saying muhammad made a statement in the bible? Seriously you need to learn how to be intelligent when making a post. note: when i say the bible can not(notice i didnt use cannot), i am not saying 100% of it are all false, as a muslim the only part of the bible i can believe is the part that agrees with the quran. savvy??

3 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
I now clearly see your level of reasoning, you dont even know what you are saying, deluded right from your childhood. no matter the number the derogatory words you use, i wont do that with you today.
You and your fellow muslim brothers like bokoharam, isil,Isis alshabab are the deluded ones.The greatest mistake Abraham made was sleeping with his maid and its unfortunate that you and all your fellow terrorists are a product of that unholy union. Honestly, the world will be a better place without islam.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@scholar2800,(1) I asked if you ever wondered why it was first seen in the 3rd edition, why it never appeared in the old greek manuscript and why it is the only verse that explicitly shows the trinity, i will like to know your view about this................
My view remains that if the verse claimed to have been inserted contradicted other scripture, perhaps it would demand scrutiny but it doesnt! In fact, the attack on the Bible (both by open enemies and covert pretenders) and its contents demands that we weigh the truth or otherwise of any claims using what other books/passages in the same Bible say about the issue raised!

.(2) talking about scribes, isnt it possible for them to change the word of God for selfish gain( quran support this) jeremiah 8:8 also supports my statement, if this is the case can the scribes really be trusted? in otherwords can the bible be trusted?..............
you sound as though there were only false scribes?! as though there were only false prophets?! and that God was helpless and only recently acquired the skill of preserving His Word! Interestingly, the quote you are referring to is also from the Bible, now will a false scribe so describe himself? The Law and the Prophets were preserved beyond the time of Christ. Remember that Ezra the scribe came years after Jeremiah and this is what was said:
This Ezra went up from Babylon. He was a skilled scribe in the five books of Moses, which the Lord, the God of Israel, had given. And the king granted him all he asked, for the hand of the Lord his God was upon him.Ezra 7:6

.(3) jesus christ death prophesied in the same bible that cant be trusted............
Yes He died and rose again and there are milions who have received Life through faith in Him and many more are still receiving!!!
Right from Genesis 3:15 it was the purpose of the Father. Besides, the rejection of the death of Christ appears to be a Gnostic concept hence John in 1 John 4 (and Paul in Colossians) endeavoured to alert the believers of that deception. They (Gnostics) masked their teaching in a pretended 'reverence' for God!

(4)paul uncertainty can be found in 1corithians7:40 " but she is happier if she so abide after my judgement, and I THINK i also have the spirit of God.
Alright, if you are familiar with paul's writings you will realise it's a way of expressing an assurance eg

1 Corinth 10:12
Therefore let anyone who thinks he stands [who feels sure that he has a steadfast mind and is standing firm], take heed lest he fall [into sin]

Meaning the word 'think'in both contexts was referring to having an assurance within you.

Now the same paul instructed and directed the same audience on the Gift and gifts of the Spirit saying at a point:
1 Corinth 14:18
18 I thank God that I speak in [strange] tongues (languages) more than any of you or all of you put together;

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
You and your fellow muslim brothers like bokoharam, isil,Isis alshabab are the deluded ones.The greatest mistake Abraham made was sleeping with his maid and its unfortunate that you and all your fellow terrorists are a product of that unholy union. Honestly, the world will be a better place without islam.
@bolded, do you know what you are saying here? check out this verse of the bible "and sarai took hagar her maid to Egypt, after abram has dwelt ten years in the land of canaan, and GAVE HER TO HER HUSBAND ABRAM, TO BE HIS WIFE"(genesis16:3), are you sure you read your bible or you just let your pastor delude you? I still maintain my opinion, learn how to post intelligently. lol your opinion is your right though.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@bolded. Do you know what you are saying, you are saying muhammad made a statement in the bible? Seriously you need to learn how to be intelligent when making a post. note: when i say the bible can not(notice i didnt use cannot), i am not saying 100% of it are all false, as a muslim the only part of the bible i can believe is the part that agrees with the quran. savvy??
I never said muhammed made a statement in the bible. Maybe you need help with comprehension. There is no passage in the bible that agrees with the quran. Even your false prophet mohammed knows this.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
I never said muhammed made a statement in the bible. Maybe you need help with comprehension. There is no passage in the bible that agrees with the quran. Even your false prophet mohammed knows this.
no i think you are the one that needs to be more intelligent when choosing your words, you said "muhammad prophesied" what does that mean?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
@scholar2800,(1) i see no reason why you are trying to ignore my questions(i strongly recommend you analyze the question, i want to make a point, only if you can give the answer to that question)...........(2) this bible verse was not known to early christians, google is your bestie to comfirm this..............(3) talking about scribes, i never said all the scribes were corrupted all i was saying is, the corrupted scribes that jeremiah8:8 was talking about might have made some changes which ofcourse must have mutilated the bible, remember that these scribes were also teachers, they might have taught the wrong words claiming it was God's words perhaps for selfish gains......................(4)about the "death" of jesus, thats a big topic on its own, i suggest we talk on this(as a debate, i am waiting for your response)....................(5)your attempt to clear paul's uncertainty is not agreeable to me, TO THINK means not to be very sure. waiting for your next comment sire.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@bolded, do you know what you are saying here? check out this verse of the bible "and sarai took hagar her made to Egypt, after abram has dwelt ten years in the land of canaan, and GAVE HER TO HER HUSBAND ABRAM, TO BE HIS WIFE"(genesis16:3), are you sure you read your bible or you just let your pastor delude you? I still maintain my opinion, learn how to post intelligently. lol your opinion is your right though.
Wetin dey do this one..And who told you I didn't know sarah gave her as wife to Abram but she still remained sarah maidservant.Genesis 16:8-10New International Version (NIV)

8 And he said, “Hagar, slave of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?”

“I’m running away from my mistress Sarai,” she answered. NOTE: Ishmeal your father was born to Abram and and isaac was born after God changed his name to Abraham(father of many nations).
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2015
plaetton:

My job here is to roll back, mock and degrade LETHAL MYTHOLOGIES to the dustbins.

I do that by first dismantling them each into their constituent St.Upid parts.
no matter how you roll, mock and degrade whatsoever you may call it but truth is truth no matter you forge it. When a life is miserable he/she will be cursing the maker. Soonest you will know . From 1900 till date many people have rose and did what you are doing but now they have decayed turned to dust in the grave and still the word of God is still marching on soonest you are going to quit the earth either you like it or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
Wetin dey do this one..And who told you I didn't know sarah gave her as wife to Abram but she still remained sarah maidservant.Genesis 16:8-10New International Version (NIV)

8 And he said, “Hagar, slave of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?”

“I’m running away from my mistress Sarai,” she answered. [s]NOTE: Ishmeal your father was born to Abram and and isaac was born after God changed his name to Abraham(father of many nations).[/s]
@bolded, did you even know she was a wife to abram? or maybe i just informed you, thats not my biz anyway. the above verse you quoted does not show in any way how hagar wasnt a wife to abram. be intelligent bro, i'll keep saying that.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
you keep saying the same thing when it is crystal clear that the bible is corrupted by men, guidance of the holyspirit(that is what they use in deluding themselves)? when paul himself at some point said he is not sure if has the spirit in him, yet he claims that the scripture is God's breathed.
anyhow you think about the bible , jesus in that bible never ask me to kill for him , rape, rob, curse or do all sort of evil but the bible tells me how to live peaceful with people around and give me clue to the path to living God. And my God is not allah the blood sucker with paedophilia rapist, mohamMAD. Shame on allah, mohamMAD and koran the manual of terrorism.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by truthman2013: 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
jcross19:
anyhow you think about the bible , jesus in that bible never ask me to kill for him , rape, rob, curse or do all sort of evil but the bible tells me how to live peaceful with people around and give me clue to the path to living God. And my God is not allah the blood sucker with paedophilia rapist, mohamMAD. Shame on allah, mohamMAD and koran the manual of terrorism.

Typical deluded christian^^

truthman.

2 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
jcross19:
anyhow you think about the bible , jesus in that bible never ask me to kill for him , rape, rob, curse or do all sort of evil but the bible tells me how to live peaceful with people around and give me clue to the path to living God. And my God is not allah [s]the blood sucker with paedophilia rapist, mohamMAD. Shame on allah, mohamMAD and koran the manual of terrorism[/s].
are you sure the bible does not have verses that exhibits violence, raping, killings, sex? Please say yes and let me give the verses, you can as well say no or ignore, i will understand why you did.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by plaetton: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
jcross19:
no matter how you roll, mock and degrade whatsoever you may call it but truth is truth no matter you forge it. When a life is miserable he/she will be cursing the maker. Soonest you will know . From 1900 till date many people have rose and did what you are doing but now they have decayed turned to dust in the grave and still the word of God is still marching on soonest you are going to quit the earth either you like it or not.

Of course, the word of your skyfairy marches gallantly in the darkest part of the world, where poverty, disease and ignorance reigns.

You are the last people holding the bag, the empty bag.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 7:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
plaetton:

Of course, the word of your skyfairy marches gallantly in the darkest part of the world, where poverty, disease and ignorance reigns.

You are the last people holding the bag, the empty bag.
worst you can do is post on nairaland!!!!. Take your move to another level by writing "there is no God" on plane card , then paste it on your chest and carry to wherever you are going okay?!!!!!! Bonga ahhaha laughing miserable life will always show the reason he failed.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
are you sure the bible does not have verses that exhibits violence, raping, killings, sex? Please say yes and let me give the verses, you can as well say no or ignore, i will understand why you did.
like what I said my jesus never ask me to be a terrorist, and let me tell you why all terrorists are muslims because they are reading from manual of terrorism koran. Allahu akbr.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
truthman2013:

Typical deluded christian^^
truthman.
from deluded brainwashed mofo.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
[b]The only verses in the whole Bible that explicitly ties God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in one "Triune" being is the verse of 1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." This is the type of clear, decisive, and to the-point verse I have been asking for. However, as I would later find out, this verse is now universally recognized as being a later "insertion" of the Church and all recent versions of the Bible, such as the Revised Standard Version the New Revised Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the New English Bible, the Phillips Modern English Bible ...etc. have all unceremoniously expunged this verse from their pages. Why is this? The scripture translator Benjamin Wilson gives the following explanation for this action in his "Emphatic Diaglott." Mr. Wilson says: "This text concerning the heavenly witness is not contained in any Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the fifteen century[/b]. TBC

Visit this site
https://www.chick.com/ask/articles/1john57.asp
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
jcross19:
like what I said my jesus never ask me to be a terrorist, and let me tell you why all terrorists are muslims because they are reading from manual of terrorism koran. Allahu akbr.
alright. check up this verses, (1)VIOLENCE:exodus22:27-29, joshua 8:24-26, deutronomy3:3-6, 1samuel15:3,18, 8 and 16, hosea 13:16etc.........(2)RAPE JUSTIFIED: deutronomy 22:28-29..................(3)VULGARISM AND SEX:songs of solomon.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
omasco92:

Visit this site
https://www.chick.com/ask/articles/1john57.asp
permit me to ask, how reliable is that site? the author said "the passage was removed from many greek manuscripts because of the problem it seemed to cause" why should they remove the verse at the first place? do they know more than God? this is another proof that the bible has been mutilated beyond recognition by man. thanks bro for exposing yourself.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
alright. check up this verses, (1)VIOLENCE:exodus22:27-29, joshua 8:24-26, deutronomy3:3-6, 1samuel15:3,18, 8 and 16, hosea 13:16etc.........(2)RAPE JUSTIFIED: deutronomy 22:28-29..................(3)VULGARISM AND SEX:songs of solomon.
can you see yourself? Am telling you where jesus say to his follower christians to kill, rape and abuse children? Christians are different from israelites in which your book of poems address like these people of the book and the jews so am talking about the people of the book.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

' Atheist Professor ' Gets Embarrassed By Superior Logical Thinker / Little Things You Do That Will Trigger The Curse Of Hell Fire / Ogun Bans Crossover Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.