Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. (12328 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / What Does It Mean To Test The Spirits?(1john 4:1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
omasco92:

Point of correction, if it where to be me; I will not ask that man who is worshiping idol such question cos I already know how he get his power which you as a muslin don't know.

Due you know the Koran more than your Iman or whatsowever. Visit youtube and learn from your Iman that are converting to Christian every DAY because they are tired of Koran Taqiyya. you will hardly see pastor converting to Muslim. Just go and see for your self. youtube.com. Bye
. I don't have to go youtube to tell u christians coming to islam,jst last month adeboyor came to islam,I don't need an imam to tell me anything about the quran,its clear and simple to understand,so u didn't tell me wat u will ask the idol worshipper,its good to know u've run out of excuses..."And say the truth has come,and falsehood have vanished away,indeed false is ever bound to perish"...quran 17:81
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by truthman2013: 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
We should note that nowhere in the Old Testament is it explicitly stated that Adam’s sin was passed down! One would think that if Adam’s sin had such a monumental effect on his posterity it would at least be eluded to in the account of his sin. Yet all that is declared is: 1.) Adam and his wife were cast from Eden - Genesis 3:23. 2.) This deprived them of the tree of life (which deprived them of unending physical life) - Genesis 3:22. 3.) The man was cursed with having to work for food - Genesis 3:17-19. And 4.) The woman was cursed with pain in childbirth and submission to man - Genesis 3:16.

Scholar8200:
Original sin refers not to acts of sin but a nature/likeness; a result of Adam's disobedience!

I noticed how you failed to address his main question. I'll have to redirect it back to you. he said: "pls my brother reason with me,where did Jesus mention original sin?"

This is a very simple and clear question. You shouldn't be beating about the bush in an attempt to answer him, precisely, show us where Jesus taught about this original sin. Also, do the jews believe this 'original sin?.

Adam was created , not born, and the purpose of God was that by Adam and Eve, the earth will be populated by descendants that are after Adam's likeness.

What was Adam's likeness before the fall and what was his likeness after the fall?

After he fell to temptation, Adam was separated from God (spiritually) and those born by him came into the world in the same likeness: condition of separation from God:
When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, after his image; and he named him Seth.
Genesis 5:3

To follow your logic here, are you implying that every other descendant of Adam were seperated from God because of this Adamic sin? Was Adam forgiven for his mistake or not?

What was the implication of the highlighted: The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination and intention of all human thinking was only evil continually. Genesis 6:5

Now, the preceeding makes us understand that the Sons of Gods saw and married some daughters of man [1# Who were these sons of God? Are they also created in Gods image?There offsprings were called heroes of old/men of reknown (Gene 6:4), what does these things mean to you? #2 According to 6:3 it is said as a result of what the sons of God and daughters of men did in first and second verses, their days on earth were cut short to 120years, is this true or false? ]

Furthermore, Gen 6:7 made us understand that God decided to wipe out man from the face if the earth in other to stop these evil. So I will ask you, were man later wiped out? (I know the context, but I want you yourself to address it.

Was that how God created Adam originally? NO

Adam was created to obey God's commandment.

Said David:
5 Behold, I was brought forth in [a state of] iniquity; my mother was sinful who conceived me [and I too am sinful].
Psalm 50:5

Psa 50:5 "Gather to me my consecrated ones, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice." Perhaps I'm reading a different bible here or you are, check your bible again. And BTW, is David mother different from Mary i.e. can we say Mary is sinless?

That is why Jesus also came to bring an end to all that came by Adam's fall:

Jesus should be the one teaching us that he brought an end to the fall of Adam not paul. Again, provide where Jesus made mention of this original sin.

This is different from an inherited nature! An inherited nature that will express itself in a sinful lifestyle. Nobody can fully pay for his sins!!!

It is either you or Ezekiel is wrong for according to

Ezekiel 33: 7-11 The LORD spoke to me. “Mortal man.” he said, “repeat to the Israelites what they are saying: We are burdened with our sins and the wrongs we have done. We are wasting away. How can we live? Tell them that as surely as I,the Sovereign LORD, am the living God, I do not enjoy seeing a sinner die. I would rather see him stop sinning and live. Israel, stop the evil you are doing. Why do you want to die?

Ezekiel 14-20 “I may warn an evil man that he is going to die,but if he stops sinning and does what is right and good – for example, if he returns the security he took for a loan or gives back what he stole – if he stops sinning and follows the laws that give life , he will not die, but live. I will forgive the sins he has committed , and he will live because he has done what is right and good. And your people say that what I do isn’t right! No, it’s their way that isn’t right. When a righteous man stops doing god and starts doing evil, he will die for it. When an evil man gives up sinning and does what is right and good, he has saved his life. But Israel, you say that what I do isn’t right. I am going to judge you by what you do .”
The verses teach the following:
(1) That No matter how big the sins and wrongs be, “Life can be saved” or in other words, forgiveness/salvation can be achieved by (2) turning away from sins, doing good deeds and (3) following the “Law that give life” , (in other words “law” is not a “curse” as Paul erroneously assumes (c.f. Galatians 3: 13) but a blessing) and then (4) God “will forgive the sins they have committed”. (5)

Psalm49:7
7 None of them can by any means redeem [either himself or] his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him—
You are deceiving yourself by deliberately putting the bracket word into the verse to suit your claim. Here is the the verse.
Psa 49:7 No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him--
The verse is expository enough for any truth seeker to decipher.

It is blood that makes atonement for the soul!

That's according to Paul.

truthman..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Samunique(m): 11:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@sofman, (1)stop quoting what they(paul, luke, mark etc) said about him(jesus) over 300year later after his(jesus) departure and quote what he(jesus) said himself...............(2)most especially, stop quoting paul the liar, that sees nothing wrong with lying just to bring people(like you) into his religion, same paul that said anyone that dies on the cross is an accursed of God, whereas he still said "according to my" gospel, christ died on the cross, do you believe christ to be an accursed of God?(astagfirulloh).............(3)because he did signs and wonders does not make him God, he himself always make it known that it is not by his power but by the power of his God(father).............(4)in nutshell, christians are being deceived mostly by paul the liar.
Bros, why are u so puffed up about what u know noting about?

I want to answer the falsehood u've been going about spreading almost everywhere in religious section that Paul called Jesus the ACCURSED of God.

Paul never called Jesus the accursed of God in Gala 3:13 but rather, was making reference to Deut 21:23 to explain what Christ suffered to redeem us.

Or don't u see the clause, FOR it is "WRITTEN" cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree Galatians 3:13b?

Why do u have to lie so much against an innocent man just bcs u want to ridicule the Christian faith in order to promote your religion?

I think it's unfair !!!

And if i may ask why do Muslims hate Paul so much, is it bcs God has used him to expose the spirit of antichrist which is the spirit of Islam even before it arrival?

Brother u are fighting a battle too big for u, even your Prophet in his lifetime could not do it.

Pls sir, instead of spending endless time on NAIRA LAND to fight lost cause why not help us preach to your Brothers who are busy killing and maiming the innocent people in the name of Islam all over the world to repent. I think they are the people who need ur sermon most not we!!!

No offense pls!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 12:09am On Aug 20, 2015
adewalker:
. This is what amazes me about u christians,anytime u are cornered and u have no route of escape u bring the spirit,well seems u have the spirit my brother,so enlighten me on it...let me pose u a story,suppose u go to a village and u see a man worshipping idol,immediately u ask him y is he doing such a thing,wasting his time,if the man then says "u know u can't really understand it,u have to just accept it and the spirit will come on u",will u my brother not say this man is deluded....same thing u are doing to me now,u don't have a clue about where u are,the only knowledge u have is dt of ur preachers,jesus never said worshipped me,never did he,we've been on this thread for a day now,and u can't me a direct quote from jesus saying I am ur lord,jesus didn't die,he ws never crucified,God confams that in the quran.."And they say 'we killed isa messiah,son of mary,the messenger of Allah,the certainly killed him not,but it was made to appear to them so,and those who differ therein are full of doubts,they have no certain knowledge and are full of doubts,they follow nothing bt conjecture,for certainly the killed him not'quran 4-157,this verse of the quran kills the notion of the jews priding themselve in saying they killed the messenger of Allah,it also kills the notion of the christians saying he died for their sins...think for a minute brother
Don't you get it!! The jesus of the Bible is different from issa of the quran.. Issa is gnostic jesus and not our own Jesus.

Jesus Said He Was Equal to God. Quotes from Jesus...

Jesus Said He Existed Before Abraham
"Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad."
    The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?"
    Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!"

Jesus Said to See Him is the Same as Seeing God
Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark."

"No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!"
    Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied."
    Jesus replied, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?"

Jesus Said He Could Forgive Sins
"...that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he then said to the paralytic--"Rise, pick up your bed and go home." And he rose and went home. When the crowds saw it, they were afraid, and they glorified God..."

He said to them, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."

Jesus Said He Is the Judge and Can Grant Eternal Life
"For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."

"For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day."

Jesus Said He Was the Same as God
"The Father and I are one."
    Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
    Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
    They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."

Jesus Said He Is Our Source for Life. Quotes from Jesus...

"I Am the Bread of Life"
Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

"I am the way, the truth, the life"
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

"I am the Light of the world"
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

"you will know the truth"
"If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

"have life, abundantly"
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd....My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."

"I will love him"
"...he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.... If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

"I am with you always"
"...behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Lanre747: 12:44am On Aug 20, 2015
lexiconkabir:
[b] TBC

May I ask what is your belief?

I am not here to fight you. If you see my thread, you will understand where I am.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 5:25am On Aug 20, 2015
angry
lexiconkabir:
@bolded, yes the fake converts to christianity claiming to be muslims before, therefore its wishful thing @underlined, well thats what you think, and you opinion is your right.

STOP DECEIVING YOUR SELF
I which you Muslim will just allow freedom to convert to christian; by know i don't think Islam will still be existing. Should in case you don't know; majority of your Iman are Christian; they don't want to disclose it or else they dye. Go and see for your self on youtube. Stop deceiving your self calling then fake converter.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 20, 2015
Lanre747:

May I ask what is your belief?

I am not here to fight you. If you see my thread, you will understand where I am.

i'm a muslim
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 20, 2015
omasco92:
angry

STOP DECEIVING YOUR SELF
I wish you Muslims will just allow freedom to convert to christian; [s]by know i don't think Islam will still be existing.[/s] Should in case you don't know; majority of your Iman are Christian; [s]they don't want to disclose it or else they dye. Go and see for your self on youtube. Stop deceiving your self calling then fake converter.[/s]
@bolded, so muslims that observe fastings, prayers, etc were also forced to do so right? @underlined i still maintain my stand no real muslim would convert into christianity, imagine that same christianity that most of the atheist today were once in. they found the truth about christianity and left, but never gave islam the chance cuz christianity broke their hearts.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 6:30am On Aug 20, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@bolded, so muslims that observe fastings, prayers, etc were also forced to do so right? @underlined i still maintain my stand no real muslim would convert into christianity, imagine that same christianity that most of the atheist today once in. they found the truth about christianity and left, but never gave islam the chance cuz christianity broke their hearts.

What is the meaning of TRUTH in christianity. Answer me befor I proceed
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2015
Now u say the jesus of the bible is different from the quran...u know my brother...I should be telling u that,in islam we believe jesus will come back again during the last days,u know if jesus was to appear then,let's say u recognise,if u were to start calling him 'jesus christ',he won't even answer u,becos that's not his name,his mother didn't name him 'jesus',his mother named him 'eisho' 'ishur' in jesus own aramaic language,which is a dialect of the arabic language,in arabic he is called 'isa',in the modern hebrew is name is translated as 'eoshua' or yeshua,so I wonder where u got 'jesus' the name 'messiah' simply means the annointed in hebrew language,in the arabic language it is called 'mesi',again how u people translated it to christ is beyond me...the hebrew and arabic are the same language with differrect dialect,the jews say shalom alaykum,the arab say salam alaykun,u can see there language is practically the same,that is becos they all speak ibrahim language,now if anyone is gettyn 'jesus' wrong,it is u the christians...jesus ddint claim the son of God for himself alone,when he tot u how to pray he said say "our father,who hath in heaven",he is telling u God is everyone's father,since he created everytyn,he doesn't mean God actually beget a son!,to beget is an animal act,and God is far above that,in the verse u quoted,when they were about stoning him,jesus said 'is not written in ur law,that I have named yee Gods' he was quoting the psalm,where God tells the children of isreal he has named them Gods,so jesus was telling them,y will stone me for saying I am a son of God,when God himself already told u he has named u Gods,but this doesn't mean they were God,it simply a meteraphorical way of saying if u are Godly u are son of God,u are Godly,same way if u are evil,they say u are a devil,or son of the devil,it doesn't mean u are God or the devil...yes jesus said is his the truth,the way and life,am asking u a question wen moses was alive who was the way? The answer is moses,every prophet in his time,his the way,the truth and life,because if u want salvation u must follow them,for the people of lot,who was the way? Of course lot,and becos they didn't follow lot,God destoryed them,for noah poeple,who was they way?the answer is noah,becos they didn't follow him,God destroyed them,same thing for mohammad,he is the last prophet,whoever doesn't follow him,God will punish the person in hell...that's salvation as it was prophesied in old testament
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2015
omasco92:

Muslim are questioning their religion. CBN news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkzmvAn0SIs&itct=CDgQpDAYASITCMXuxZv4tscCFdHVHAodyj8BulIebXVzbGltIGNvbnZlcnRpbmcgdG8gY2hyaXN0aWFu&hl=en-GB&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 20, 2015
@samunique,(1) paul never referred to jesus as being a curse? read it again: "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it iswritten, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree” since it is even written that an accursed of God is he who hangs on a tree(cruxified), do you believe God will allow jesus to be cruxified? jesus never died on the cross, at the most critical time of christ ALL(i mean all) fled, NONE of them saw what happened(i leave this to another time).......................(2)I will keep saying it paul is a liar and a false apostle, he made a clear statement that "for if the truth of God hath more abound through my LIE unto his glory, why yet am i also judged as a sinner"(rom3:7, kjv) this is a clear statement from paul, isnt it clear that this man(paul) is a liar? please think about about this. how was paul killed? paul was beheaded at the time of emperor nero. which it is the gospel that all false prophets and dreamer of dreams shall be put to death.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 6:42am On Aug 20, 2015
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 20, 2015
omasco92:

i think that question is for you.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 6:44am On Aug 20, 2015
The Global Collapse of Islam is
Imminent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5BKFtcz7OQ&itct=CBMQpDAYBiITCPLR9Kr5tscCFQYAHAodD24N7zIHcmVsYXRlZEj9ldb3urjH4DI%3D&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 20, 2015
omasco92:

Islam will collapse in 10 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsEdw671iv0&itct=CBMQpDAYBiITCJSm7Jf5tscCFcGBHAod3QEI6DIHcmVsYXRlZEjIoKzRvqOd1PoB&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google
wishful thinking, let the 10years come and let it prove you to be a liar. time tells the truth(4Ts)
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 6:52am On Aug 20, 2015
lexiconkabir:
[b]The only verses in the whole Bible that explicitly ties God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in one "Triune" being is the verse of 1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." This is the type of clear, decisive, and to the-point verse I have been asking for. However, as I would later find out, this verse is now universally recognized as being a later "insertion" of the Church and all recent versions of the Bible, such as the Revised Standard Version the New Revised Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the New English Bible, the Phillips Modern English Bible ...etc. have all unceremoniously expunged this verse from their pages. Why is this? The scripture translator Benjamin Wilson gives the following explanation for this action in his "Emphatic Diaglott." Mr. Wilson says: "This text concerning the heavenly witness is not contained in any Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the fifteen century[/b]. TBC
Islam-Ex Muslim., Allah is a
Gangster,watch this you will
leave Islam. You watch and leave also or due you want to rot in hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl641IFO10g&itct=CAoQpDAYCSITCL6X9v76tscCFUK2HAodHsAJATIHcmVsYXRlZEj7grq9_vyviXg%3D&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 6:58am On Aug 20, 2015
lexiconkabir:
wishful thinking, let the 10years come and let it prove you to be a liar. time tells the truth(4Ts)
All I want you to due is to watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
watch the videos
Proof me wrong; you will also CONVERT
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 20, 2015
omasco92:
Islam-Ex Muslim., Allah is a
Gangster,watch this you will
leave Islam. You watch and leave also or due you want to rot in hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl641IFO10g&itct=CAoQpDAYCSITCL6X9v76tscCFUK2HAodHsAJATIHcmVsYXRlZEj7grq9_vyviXg%3D&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google
i dont understand, you quoting the op only to give a video link isnt intelligent to me, are you this pained about the op? how does it refute the fact that 1john5:7 was inserted into the bible? its funny cuz when people like t.ruthman2012, malvisguy etc try to bash islam, none of the christians caution them. isnt it biasedness and deceptiveness?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 20, 2015
omasco92 go to sleep and stop spamming me, you have nothing to say!
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 7:03am On Aug 20, 2015
lexiconkabir:
i think that question is for you.
John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth,
is come, he will guide you into all
truth: for he shall not speak of
himself; but whatsoever he shall
hear, that shall he speak: and he will
shew you things to come.
The HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD know all things. Accept and be save. REPENT NOW
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 20, 2015
omasco92:
shew you things to come.
i seriously recommend that you are objective in manner, like i've been, lets have a chitchat. who/what is the spirit of truth?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2015
omasco92:
shew you things to come.
. In this john 16 u jst quoted,u neglected to tell us how jesus ever mentions the holy spirit here? Jesus says in the beginning of that previous verse,' I have many things to say unto u,bt ye cannot bear them now'that is his desciples cannot understand them now,they haven't got the capacity,then he continues,'how be it when He the spirit of truth comes,he will guide u to all truth,for Him shall not speak of himself,for whatsoever thing shall he hear,he shall speak,he will tell u of things to come,he shall glorify me' what's all this he?jesus is clearly reffering to the comming of a man,that will guide mankind to all truth,8 masculine pronouns used,jesus was emphasing the coming of mohammad,the coming of a man!,this is clearly in plain english,but the christians don't listen,they said no jesus is talking about a ghost,so I ask u christians one thing,u know jesus said he styl has many things to say,bt the people aint ready to bear them,that when the spirit of truth comes he will tell them those MANY things...now answer me,if say jesus was talking about a ghost,tell me one thing the holy ghost has told you that jesus already didn't mention!,just one thing the holy ghost has told christiandom that jesus already didn't mention,just give me one,if u are indeed truthful
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2015
lexiconkabir:
i seriously recommend that you are objective in manner, like i've been, lets have a chitchat. who/what is the spirit of truth?
You don't know because of This very 2 verse
(1) You are natural man (Canal thinking) 1cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not
the things of the Spirit of God: for
they are foolishness unto him:
neither can he know them, because
they are spiritually discerned.

(2) The word of God is ordinary speach to you you don't get the revelation. You just get some information to setup argument. John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my
speech? even because ye cannot hear
my word. (kjv)
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2015
in john16 jesus used the word comforter in four verses. in these verses the word "comforter" is translated from the word "paraclete"("ho parakletos" in greek) parakletos in greek means an advocate, someone who speaks for others, we were told that after the departure of christ a paraclete will come, this paraclete in john16:26 is pointed out as "the holyghost" the greek manuscript speaks of "holy pneuma" the word pneuma(pnyooma) is the greek root word for "spirit" there is no separate word for "ghost" the only verse of the bible that associate the holyspirit with paraclete is john16:26, but if we go back to the ancient greek manuscript for the "paraclete" they all not agree with "holyspirit" for instance the famous codex syriacus, reads "paraclete, the spirit" and not the holyspirit. "spirit" in the new testament means "a human prophet"therefore jesus predicted the coming of a human prophet(not holyspirit) that will teach us new things. who best fit this position other than muhammad(s.a.w)? @omasco92
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 8:14am On Aug 20, 2015
adewalker:
. In this john 16 u jst quoted,u neglected to tell us how jesus ever mentions the holy spirit here? Jesus says in the beginning of that previous verse,' I have many things to say unto u,bt ye cannot bear them now'that is his desciples cannot understand them now,they haven't got the capacity,then he continues,'how be it when He the spirit of truth comes,he will guide u to all truth,for Him shall not speak of himself,for whatsoever thing shall he hear,he shall speak,he will tell u of things to come,he shall glorify me' what's all this he?jesus is clearly reffering to the comming of a man,that will guide mankind to all truth,8 masculine pronouns used,jesus was emphasing the coming of mohammad,the coming of a man!,this is clearly in plain english,but the christians don't listen,they said no jesus is talking about a ghost,so I ask u christians one thing,u know jesus said he styl has many things to say,bt the people aint ready to bear them,that when the spirit of truth comes he will tell them those MANY things...now answer me,if say jesus was talking about a ghost,tell me one thing the holy ghost has told you that jesus already didn't mention!,just one thing the holy ghost has told christiandom that jesus already didn't mention,just give me one,if u are indeed truthful
Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his
folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Am am done with you. Math 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him
hear.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2015
adewalker:
. From ur right up what it seems u are saying is that all man including a new born baby who know nothing is guilty of sins,simply becos Adam sinned,so becos of something he didn't do,God will punish him,and so to redeem him God kills and innocent man for his inherited sins,so according to ur believe God punishes u for a sin u didnt commit,so after God punished adam and Eve,he will styl ask u for the sins they committed,how can u reason like that
Did I mention guilt or nature? (Hint: Just re-read the post)

,so let's ask jesus if man was born a sinner? Jesus says matt 18 :5"I tell u the truth,unless u change and become like little children,u will never enter the kingdom of God"jesus is telling u unless u become as innocent of sins as children u will never make heaven,he's clearly telling man was born sinless
Don't read your own meanings bro, the reference to children there refers to the humble and dependent nature of children, nought of sinlessness was mentioned!

,I don't know y jesus says something,and u people unbelivably understands the opposite,this is english 4 God sake,God says in the quran 35:18"and no bearer of burden shall bear another burden,and if one laid with burden werre to call another,nothing of it will be lifted even if he were to be of kin". God is not unjust my friend,he already gave u free willl,watver u do with that,its u and only u He will question,not ur son,not ur dad
That's why Jesus was born of a virgin by the Power of the Spirit hence He came without the inherited sinful nature, just like Adam, and He only could redeem us from sin!
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 20, 2015
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 8:27am On Aug 20, 2015
lexiconkabir:
in john16 jesus used the word comforter in four verses. in these verses the word "comforter" is translated from the word "paraclete"("ho parakletos" in greek) parakletos in greek means an advocate, someone who speaks for others, we were told that after the departure of christ a paraclete will come, this paraclete in john16:26 is pointed out as "the holyghost" the greek manuscript speaks of "holy pneuma" the word pneuma(pnyooma) is the greek root word for "spirit" there is no separate word for "ghost" the only verse of the bible that associate the holyspirit with paraclete is john16:26, but if we go back to the ancient greek manuscript for the "paraclete" they all not agree with "holyspirit" for instance the famous codex syriacus, reads "paraclete, the spirit" and not the holyspirit. "spirit" in the new testament means "a human prophet"(check 1john4:1-3) therefore jesus predicted the coming of a human prophet(not holyspirit) that will teach us new things. who best fit this position other than muhammad(s.a.w)?
To set the records straight:
In the NT spirit/Spirit refers to what that word stands for! Let's see 1 John 4:1-3
1. Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The prophet/teacher/pastor is inspired by either the Spirit of God or the spirit of the antichrist hence you test the spirit/Spirit inspiring the speaker!

And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17 the same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said [size=13pt]to the spirit[/size], I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Acts 16:16-18 Note that the lady spoke by a false spirit hence Paul addressed not the damsel but the spirit!

Another example:

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel;
for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luke 1:67,68 Zechariah prophesied because of the Inspiration of the Spirit.

Acts 1:5 were the Words of Jesus;
For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2015
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2015
@scholar8200, firstly i have to express how highly disappointed i am in you, you claimed paul was circumcised i asked you to proof it, you could not, thats BTW.(1) the verses you stated clearly shows that "the spirit is a human prophet" for instance 1john4:1-3 which spirit are you asked to test if it is of God? can you test a spirit? no! you can only test a man if he is truely God's sent...............(2) the second verse you gave still shows that a spirit is a man, note that word EVERY[which means they are many "spirits"(human prophets)], is the "holyghost" more than 1? "spirit" in the new testament means a human prophet. spirit of antichrist simply means a fake human prophet against christ! why will jesus use HE(meaning a man not a spirit literally) is the paraclete(comforter, advocate)? dont make illogical assumptions just to buttress your points. i think you ignored my point where i said with prove that that there is NO greek word for "GHOST"
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 9:09am On Aug 20, 2015
truthman2013:
We should note that nowhere in the Old Testament is it explicitly stated that Adam’s sin was passed down! One would think that if Adam’s sin had such a monumental effect on his posterity it would at least be eluded to in the account of his sin. Yet all that is declared is: 1.) Adam and his wife were cast from Eden - Genesis 3:23. 2.) This deprived them of the tree of life (which deprived them of unending physical life) - Genesis 3:22. 3.) The man was cursed with having to work for food - Genesis 3:17-19. And 4.) The woman was cursed with pain in childbirth and submission to man - Genesis 3:16.
Do you mean therefore that the state of man as described in Genesis 6:5 was God's making? Is that how man was created? The implication of Adam having descendants after his likeness explains it all!
Genesis 6:5
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

I noticed how you failed to address his main question. I'll have to redirect it back to you. he said: "pls my brother reason with me,where did Jesus mention original sin?"
This is a very simple and clear question. You shouldn't be beating about the bush in an attempt to answer him, precisely, show us where Jesus taught about this original sin. Also, do the jews believe this 'original sin?.

Jesus came to ransom us from an extant and obvious problem, what is the need for man on what he knew he was?
John 8:34
Jesus answered them, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, Whoever commits and practices sin is the slave of sin.

Here sin is depicted both as an action and is personified as a master. Here's where the statement of Paul applies:
We know that the Law is spiritual; but I am a creature of the flesh [carnal, unspiritual], having been sold into slavery under [the control of] sin.

36 So if the Son liberates you [makes you free men], then you are really and unquestionably free.

What was Adam's likeness before the fall and what was his likeness after the fall?
To follow your logic here, are you implying that every other descendant of Adam were seperated from God because of this Adamic sin? Was Adam forgiven for his mistake or not?
Before the fall, Adam was alive in God by the Breath of the Almighty (Genesis 2:7) and in that state, he could relate/fellowship with God. When God said he will die if he disobeyed, He meant that Breath by which Adam became a living soul will be cut off:
Genesis 3:8
And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

This could not have been the first time the Lord came to them but this time, they had fallen and could not stand in His Presence.

Furthermore, Gen 6:7 made us understand that God decided to wipe out man from the face if the earth in other to stop these evil. So I will ask you, were man later wiped out? (I know the context, but I want you yourself to address it. [/color]
All men except one and his family!

Adam was created to obey God's commandment.
God had myriads of angels obeying His commandments already! Why then did He not just create many men to do same? How many commandments were given in Eden? Adam, before he fell, had Life and that Life was expressed!God is Love (not the erotical one) and Love's best expression is giving: Hence God desired a creature that will partake of His Image, Likeness,Breath, Dominion and Authority etc but not against that creature's will (hence the forbidden tree).

Psa 50:5 "Gather to me my consecrated ones, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice." Perhaps I'm reading a different bible here or you are, check your bible again. And BTW, is David mother different from Mary i.e. can we say Mary is sinless?
Consecration does not imply sinlessness! Mary was NOT sinless since she was born through copulation btwn a man and woman, Jesus wasnt!
3 The ungodly are perverse and estranged from the womb; they go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
Psalm 58:3
The highlighted is obvious even today! As soon as a toddler starts speaking, lying starts!

Jesus should be the one teaching us that he brought an end to the fall of Adam not paul. Again, provide where Jesus made mention of this original sin.
See John 8:34 quoted before.
Answer this: Did God create man as a sinner? If no, whence came sin?

It is either you or Ezekiel is wrong for according to

Ezekiel 33: 7-11 The LORD spoke to me. “Mortal man.” he said, “repeat to the Israelites what they are saying: We are burdened with our sins and the wrongs we have done. We are wasting away. How can we live? Tell them that as surely as I,the Sovereign LORD, am the living God, I do not enjoy seeing a sinner die. I would rather see him stop sinning and live. Israel, stop the evil you are doing. Why do you want to die?

Ezekiel 14-20 “I may warn an evil man that he is going to die,but if he stops sinning and does what is right and good – for example, if he returns the security he took for a loan or gives back what he stole – if he stops sinning and follows the laws that give life , he will not die, but live. I will forgive the sins he has committed , and he will live because he has done what is right and good. And your people say that what I do isn’t right! No, it’s their way that isn’t right. When a righteous man stops doing god and starts doing evil, he will die for it. When an evil man gives up sinning and does what is right and good, he has saved his life. But Israel, you say that what I do isn’t right. I am going to judge you by what you do .”
The verses teach the following:
(1) That No matter how big the sins and wrongs be, “Life can be saved” or in other words, forgiveness/salvation can be achieved by (2) turning away from sins, doing good deeds and (3) following the “Law that give life” , (in other words “law” is not a “curse” as Paul erroneously assumes (c.f. Galatians 3: 13) but a blessing) and then (4) God “will forgive the sins they have committed”. (5)

1. There was a standard of righteousness that was acceptable in the OT and those that followed it were approved of God but when Jesus came, He explained the Law (Matthew 5) revealing the deeper dimensions thereof being God's expectation and which we cannot truly obey excepts He changes our hearts! Hence Jesus said to one who was a Pharisee and a leader of the Jews: You must be born again! He could have said, Nicodemus, just keep it up but no.
And why was Cornelius (Acts 10) led to seek for Peter to hear the Gospel in spite of Cornelius catalogue of good works?

You are deceiving yourself by deliberately putting the bracket word into the verse to suit your claim. Here is the the verse.
Psa 49:7 No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him--
The verse is expository enough for any truth seeker to decipher.

Psalm 49:7,8
7 none of them can by any means redeem his brother,
nor give to God a ransom for him:

8 (for the redemption of their soul is precious,
and it ceaseth for eversmiley
Redemption of the soul is only possible by God and that was the reason why when the Word became flesh, He did not come through natural copulation. (seed of life is in the man hence Adam's descendant was in his likeness). He alone can redeem man because (like Adam before the fall)He was not under the bondage of sin that the natural man is born into, and any who truly receives Him does not remain under the bondage again!

That's according to Paul.

truthman..

Did Paul write this:
Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for[b] it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.[/b]

Or did Paul say this:

28 for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins
matthew 26:28

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics / Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? / First Baptist Church, Abuja Protests Killings By Terrorists In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.