Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar (1014 Views)

Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw / FAAC: FG, States, LGAs Share N559.032b In June; As ECA Rises To $3.094b / Nigeria’s Oil Output Rises To 1.6mbpd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by dafuturis(m): 7:28am On Aug 18, 2015
The naira appreciated against the United States dollar at the parallel market on Monday to 217, from 221 recorded on Friday.
The naira rose on the back of weak demand for the dollar at the foreign exchange markets. Forex traders linked this to an improved dollar liquidity occasioned by the sustained sales of the greenback by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Reacting to the rising fortune of the local currency, the Acting President, Association of Bureau De Change Operators, Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, said, “The market has started feeling the effect of the dollar sales by the central bank in the last two weeks and tight measures introduced to prevent cross boarder currency
trafficking.”
The CBN had increased the frequency of dollar sales to the BDC operators two weeks ago to twice-weekly from the usual once a week previously in a move meant to increase liquidity in the market and support the local currency.
Traders said bank customers were no longer willing to hold dollars after the central bank banned dollar cash deposits into domiciliary accounts. “We expect to see more rallies in the market if the central bank could sustain its support for the naira,” Harrison Owoh, a bureau de change operator said, Reuters reported.
The naira was unchanged at the official interbank market at 197 to the dollar, where the CBN has maintained a tight control by pegging it to the rate of 197 to the dollar
The naira had weakened on the parallel market to as much as 245 to the dollar last month, on persistent dollar demand after central bank limited importers’ access to dollars on the official interbank market to buy a wide range of goods, in order to
save the external reserves.
The local currency later rebounded to 216 at the parallel market as Deposit Money Banks started rejecting cash deposits in dollars a few weeks ago. The naira had, however, weakened to about 223 last week before rising to 217 on Monday Analysts expect the naira to continue rising, saying it is good for the economy.

www.punchng.com/business/money/naira-rises-to-217-against-dollar/

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by Fabrolistic: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2015
Iph you gwote me into fower. I will

1. Stabulise oil frice worldwide
2. Reduce 1d to N1
3. Declear my ashets
says buhari.
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by amadice(m): 7:30am On Aug 18, 2015
kk
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 18, 2015
good news
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by swtchicgurl: 7:30am On Aug 18, 2015
Slowly but surely!

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by just2endowed: 7:31am On Aug 18, 2015
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 18, 2015
Praise Thy God

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by SenJoe(m): 7:35am On Aug 18, 2015
@ the fullness of time, that would be 2018, #1=$1. Baba too slowwwwwwwwwwww.

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by Bobbystanley(m): 7:35am On Aug 18, 2015
Wake me when one naira is equivalent to 1 dollar

Some one promised us that
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by Abugab(m): 7:35am On Aug 18, 2015
Slowly and steadily we are moving..
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by Fabrolistic: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2015
just2endowed:

Ok
what grin
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by sebali: 7:54am On Aug 18, 2015
We would get there

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by viktagorion: 8:08am On Aug 18, 2015
Slowly but surely.
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by anigbajumo(m): 8:25am On Aug 18, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Wake me when one naira is equivalent to 1 dollar

Some one promised us that

If u cnt provide d vedio evidence or the quoted statement PMB alter, "I wil equate 1dollar to 1naira"

Then u must b an ingr***

Dnt wana blast u thou

Go nd do yer research very well,PMB dnt say so buh he said,

"It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said. (PMB march 23, 2015)

Buh d useless media nd blogger mislead many Nigerian...

1.)
Dnt come here nd show me vanguard headings,I want the quoted sentence where PMB alter such statement.

2.)

If u wana argue wif me pls show nairalander yer vedio evidence.

U can choose frm the option's above....

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 18, 2015
When a good man rule the people are happy. Thank God for PMB
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by just2endowed: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
Fabrolistic:

what grin

i only said ok...i wish i cann comment further?
Re: Naira Rises To N217 Against The Dollar by fyneguy: 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
Dollar is N200 now

(1) (Reply)

Five Things That The Change Of Leadership From North To South Brought To Nigeria / INTOLERANCE: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church / Buhari’s 100 Days Of Incompetence And Abject Failure, By Femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.