Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,603 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Best Striker In Europe? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Striker In Europe? (5114 Views)

Messi Not Listed Among Best Striker In Europe! Why? / Obafemi Martins: Most Efficient Striker In The Bundesliga / The Best Striker In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

U r having a sausage!

And why can't the EPLs top scorer be there?
Afterall, its the best league

Really, Etoo is way up there.
Va va voom ain't doing badly too.
Benzema, Ibra, Amauri, Del P, Pippo
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by tkb417(m): 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2009
Are u high on drugs??
Torres better than David Villa??

Villa is one of the hardest working front players you'll find.
Maybe slightly less than Rooney and less than Tevez, other than that you're struggling to name names.
He works harder than Torres for sure.

And Villa isnt a player who just scores goals from scraps and doesnt get involved in the build up.
His passing ability for a striker is peerless. In the Euros he dropped into Spain's midfield and didnt look out of place next to fantastic passers like Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta. And he linked that midfield to the attack where Torres was leading the line.

A few seasons ago he managed 11 assists in the league which was the most of any player that season and as many as Dimitar "Genius" Berbatov has ever managed. Not that he has quite the vision of Berbatov or Rooney, but he sees and plays a pass better than any other striker of his type except maybe Henry as he played a similar role for Arsenal.

Even more than that, he tackles back. Sometimes rashly like Rooney. He recently got sent off for two yellows and he's always battling it out rather than letting others do it as you're suggesting. Are you sure you've actually watched him over an extended period? Because it doesnt sound like it at all.
David Villa is GOLD!!!!!!
anything to discredit a Pool player will make you feel good shey?.

Torres is a better footballer than Villa.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Cristalz(f): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2009
David Villa.  .  .Fernando Torres.  .  .Karim Benzema.  .  .Samuel Eto'o.

Henry still does his thing now and then.

@TKB
Torres is totally skilled, but I'd pick Villa over him. Villa is a more complete striker than Torres. . .best summarized way I can put it.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by tkb417(m): 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
David Villa. . .Fernando Torres. . .Karim Benzema. . .Samuel Eto'o.

Henry still does his thing now and then.

@TKB
Torres is totally skilled, but I'd pick Villa over him. Villa is a more complete striker than Torres. . .best summarized way I can put it.
i dont like Villa. He reminds me of Morientes

Im waiting for the EPL maga that will buy him, then u guys will see the 25th wonder of the world.
The guy cant pull the kind weight Torres is pulling presently.

Torres is the future of Spain!
Potential world foootballer of the year.
Even if they dash Villa 2 more legs, he wont win any personal thingy.
Torres is a footballer!
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Sauron1: 8:31pm On Mar 26, 2009
BlueDiva:

And why can't the EPLs top player be there?

Spain has always been a striker's haven.
The defence of La Liga teams are so poor it's a field day for strikers in Spain.
Ruud check, Forlan check, Kanoute check, Guiseppe Rossi check, Henry check, and so on and so forth.
They don't have a good defence system down there. . . . . .Imagine Puyol, Cannavaro, Pepe and United's apprentice(Pique) ruling the roost in Spain!!!
Tell me Carvalho, Vidic, Skrtel, Gallas and Rio will not be KINGS if they are playing in Spain.

tkb417:

anything to discredit a Pool player will make you feel good shey?.

Nope!! Torres is excellent.
He is by far the best out n out striker in the Premiership but David Villa makes him look like an amateur.

Torres is a better footballer than Villa.

Villa is an all rounder. He can pass, create, link the play and score good goals with pristine finishing.

tkb417:

Torres is the future of Spain!
Potential world foootballer of the year.
Even if they dash Villa 2 more legs, he wont win any personal thingy.
Torres is a footballer!

Villa won the golden boot in Euro 2008.
He scored 4 goals in 4 games. . . . . .If he had stayed fit throughout, he woulda scored 7 goals.
Villa hasn't failed yet to score 20+ goals for the past 4 seasons in a team as shitty as Valencia.
Imagine what he would do at Arsenal or Man Utd.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Cristalz(f): 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2009
@TKB

You dislike Morientes? grin grin
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by DrKitaun(m): 8:36pm On Mar 26, 2009
@Tkb

who was Torres before he came to England ?

right now Villa is somebody. better established than Torres was . . .

Villa is beta ! Torres is made to look so good with the effort of his team mates

why wasnt he that good at Athletico ? undecided
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Sauron1: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

Villa is beta ! Torres is made to look so good with the effort of his team mates
why wasnt he that good at Athletico ? undecided

At Athletico, Torres had crappy players around him.
Even then, he was very good. . . . . .U could tell he would blossom in a good club.
Villa in Arsenal would score 40 goals a season.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by MrCrackles(m): 8:47pm On Mar 26, 2009
BlueDiva:

D fact that he hez a Chelsea player alone, nullifies him! tongue
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by DrKitaun(m): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2009
now. u get my drift !

Villa would do better playing in the EPL than Torres . . .

or does anyone doubt that he arguably in the same class of clinicality with Eduardo ?
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Sauron1: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

now. u get my drift !

Villa would do better playing in the EPL than Torres . . .

or does anyone doubt that he arguably in the same class of clinicality with Eduardo ?

He is better than Eduardo in that class sef.
Villa is the best in one v one situation. . . . . .He is over-clinical.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2009
@ Gaynner,

He may be inconsistent,
But he's got the 15 goals
Not Bendtner, RVP, Vela, Ade.
Not even Torres, Shrek, Berbasulk.
So live with it  tongue
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by DaJunta(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2009
TORRES, ETO, VILLA, IBRAHIMOVIC, RUUD VAN, smiley
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by lailai2(m): 12:21am On Mar 27, 2009
i tot by now u guys would have acknowledged messi and ronaldo as 'forwards', thats modern football for u

@topic
eto for sure

best strikers definitely in spain

i'm not sure the likes of rooney and tevez can be called strikers again, they need a new role tag as modern football demands, probably workers
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by allboyz(m): 10:11am On Mar 27, 2009
Villa better than Torres?? Are you high on fake/cheap Ajegunle weed?
Its like saying Puis Ikedia is better than Messi because you are patrotic Nigeria.

Torres will outplay Villa any day, but hey, Villa is fantastic, Just that Torres is better - i watch both players week in/out
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by tayoccu(m): 11:32am On Mar 27, 2009
hey don't have a good defence system down there. . . . . .Imagine Puyol, Cannavaro, Pepe and United's apprentice(Pique) ruling the roost in Spain!!!

you forgot to add pascal cygan to the list grin

nick would have been considered, but the guy's performance is like NEPA's PHCN's.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Bobbyb(m): 11:05am On Mar 28, 2009
FERNANDO TORRES i think has been d best striker in d continent 4 d past 18 months, sentiments aside
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by tocdee(m): 11:44am On Mar 28, 2009
I'd take Torres over any other striker at the moment. People say that Villa is a more complete striker but I disagree. Torres has a two sweet feet on him and is one of the best headers in Europe. His presence makes defenders falter and is much faster than Villa. however Villa's ball-control is better but face it: great strikers like Raul, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, RVN,etc didn't need exceptional close control but good positioning and swift decisive finishing.

Torres can score near-impossible goals and tends to do better in big stages. Villa is a superb player though.

P.S; Eto-o deserves a mention too Ibrahimovic could be pathetic in big games.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by dayokanu(m): 11:49am On Mar 28, 2009
Any defender who think he is good should go to Spain. See what they turned World footballer of the year Canavaro into.

Fernando what?

Etoo deserves a mention? Are you kidding me? Etoo is the best striker in Europe!!!!When Dinho was there people said it was because of Dinho, When he was in Mallorca they said he should come to a big team to prove himself. He did that went to Barca and ruled.

Samuel ETOO Is the BEST!!!!!!!
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Markos23: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2009
Fernando Torres.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 29, 2009
When Torres was @ Athletico,he was surrounded by flops,while Valencia was a better team. @ euro2008,Torres was d main striker & he wasn't given much chance 2 move freely,unlike @ Liverpool.2 me,F Torres is far better than Villa.Torres is da best!!!
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by onyxera(m): 11:14pm On Mar 30, 2009
villa is good but torres is a more clinical striker,as 4 best strkers in europe, i would say rooney,torres,ibrahimovic,eto'o
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by tayoccu(m): 3:26pm On Mar 31, 2009
my verdict?
Fernando el nino torres
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by DrKitaun(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2009
@TOPIC

DROGBA grin grin
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by A40(m): 2:32am On Apr 01, 2009
Hmm i would definitely pick Eto'o then Villa and Torres i can't exactly say who is better that's very tough 2 seasons ago i would have given it to Villa hands-down but since Torres came to Liverpool he really really stepped his game up but Villa is a very classy finisher his goal against England is a testament to that fact so in a margin slimmer than Nicole Ritchie i would give it to Villa
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by dayokanu(m): 2:50am On Apr 01, 2009
Etoo without any doubt
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by biina: 5:53am On Apr 01, 2009
current form: Eto is the clear overall choice
Veteran : Del piero
Youth: benzema, rooney and higuain
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Bobbyb(m): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2009
@dayokano whr was Eto'o in d last 18months when FERNANDO+GEE were DEstroying INTER nd REAL, nt 2 forget GERMANY in EURO 2008, lolllll
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by ogazi007(m): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2009
Bobbyb:

@dayokano whr was Eto'o in d last 18months when FERNANDO+GEE were DEstroying INTER nd REAL, nt 2 forget GERMANY in EURO 2008, lolllll
on current form, who is the best striker in europe?
The poster says "on current form,"and besides eto's form in the last two seasons was hampered because of series of injuries he sustained.
without setbacks in form of injury,eto is a goal machine.he is a complete striker that has alot of passion for scoring goals like Inzaghi.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by Jarus(m): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2009
Bobbyb:

Eto'o is perhaps the most consistent goal machine in Europe as Henry gradually left the stage.
2004 thru 2006, Eto'o was painting Europe red with goals.
Consider this:
Season Club Total goals
2002-03 R/Mallorca 19
2003-04 R/Mallorca 21
2004-05 Barca 28
2005-06 Barca 34
2006-07 Barca 13 (injury-hit)
2007-08 Barca 18 (injury-hit)
2008-09 Barca 29

So the last 18 months you are talking about fell into the period injury kept him on and off the game. And for a player that played less than half of what he would have played in a whole season if fit, still having 18 goals return showed his class. And immediately he came back, his scoring boots even got stronger.
No disrespect to Villa, Torres, of course.
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by babs787(m): 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2009
Eto'o is perhaps the most consistent goal machine in Europe as Henry gradually left the stage.
2004 thru 2006, Eto'o was painting Europe red with goals.
Consider this:
Season Club Total goals
2002-03 R/Mallorca 19
2003-04 R/Mallorca 21
2004-05 Barca 28
2005-06 Barca 34
2006-07 Barca 13 (injury-hit)
2007-08 Barca 18 (injury-hit)
2008-09 Barca 29

So the last 18 months you are talking about fell into the period injury kept him on and off the game. And for a player that played less than half of what he would have played in a whole season if fit, still having 18 goals return showed his class. And immediately he came back, his scoring boots even got stronger.
No disrespect to Villa, Torres, of course.

But I love Fernando Torres cry cry
Re: Best Striker In Europe? by jalether(m): 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2009
why is diego forlan not being considered, based on current form,

i think he is highly under rated,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo 10 Goals Each, Who Is D Champs League Top Scorer / How To Register On Naijabet / Obafemi Martins Is Dating Balotelli's Sister (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.