Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,990 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

A Scientific Look At The Law Of Reciprocal Action Or Karma. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Scientific Look At The Law Of Reciprocal Action Or Karma. (2547 Views)

Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? / Is There A Scientific Explanation To Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Scientific Look At The Law Of Reciprocal Action Or Karma. by justcool(m): 3:33am On Mar 26, 2009
The emptiness of some threads in this forum has made me stay away for sometime. But finally I came to the realization that I can help in enriching this forum by creating threads that will invite serious seekers for serious reflections.

So this thread is intended for serious seekers, who are able to display maturity and respect for their fellow posters; all such people are welcome irrespective of their views, faiths and religious orientations.

Please avoid insults, personal attacks, false claims, and disrespect for other people’s religious leaders, and heroes – Jesus, Mohamed and etc. You can quote them or any source but no attacks to such figures since some poeple(me included) hold them in high regards.

Now to the law of reciprocal action.

This law has been described by many, and many terms have been used to designate this law. Terms like—karma, and etc. To so many people it means different things.

To avoid confusion I will briefly define what I mean by “the law of reciprocal action.”  In the context of this thread, this law is used simply as the law that returns to us whatever we have thought, said or done in the past. I.e. all my past actions will returned to me; if I act kindly, one day I will receive kindness. If I act cruelly, one day I will receive cruelty in many folds. Thus we cannot escape the consequences of our actions.

But let us put this law under scrutiny and see if it is just another fantastic idea invented by man or weather it is a reality. As human beings, let us start from our visible environment, let us look around us in the physical world, where Science operates and see if this law applies here as well.

One of the first things one learns along the study of science is that for every action there is a reaction. Thus in the physical world, there cannot be an action without a reaction. Let us look at Newton’s third law, “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.”

Examples
(1) Movement of Forces:  If I use my hand and exact the force of 20 N on a wall (Action), the wall will automatically exact the same amount of force towards my hand. (Reaction) If my body is not bolted to the ground, this force will make me move or if the wall is not bolted to the ground this force will cause it to move.
(2) The mechanism of speech and hearing:  The decision to speak is made in the brain, which then sends signals to the mouth. The sound wave that I set in motion with my mouth causes the air to vibrate which reciprocally is felt by me, and which causes my ear drum to vibrate in accordance with the motion of the waves. This vibration of my ear drum is sent via nerves to my brain which interprets it. Here again we see and action and its reciprocal action returning back to the origin.
(3) Rocket propulsion: The movement of rockets is an application of the immutable law of reciprocal action by science. The explosions of volatile gasses inside the burning chamber of the rocket cause the gasses or flames to leave the rocket with a force which is equal and in opposite direction to the force that the gasses apply to the rocket causing the rocket to move in opposite direction. Another way to put it is this: the gasses leave the rocket, propelled by the force of pressure in the chamber of the rocket; in reciprocation, the gasses apply a force of equally magnitude in the opposite direction, i.e. towards the rocket which causes the rocket to move.  The rocket pusses on the gasses (action) and the gasses push back on the rocket (reaction).

From the examples above we see that the law of action and reaction is a reality in the physical world. And science, which deals only with the physical world, has recognized his law and applies it.  Everywhere in the physical world we see this law in effect, in biology, in psychology, in politics, and even in economy. So we see that this law is not only limited to physical science, it embraces all areas of human life even in mans social life. We see it in biology, when we plant corn and reap corn; we see it in psychology when we react to other peoples actions; we see it in economics when we study production and demand, which are two things that are reciprocally connected to each other.

But then when it comes to our actions we doubt this law. Our actions in earth also belong to the physical world, why do when then refuse to accept that our actions also react reciprocally on us.

I will give an example:
Mr. A sits down and thinks on how to steal from his neighbor but never carries out this thought.
Mr. B thinks the same thoughts and goes ahead and steals from his neighbor, and is not caught.
Mr. C thinks the same thoughts, commits the crime but gets caught, and goes to jail.

Now let’s analyze these three criminals.
(Mr. A) The lay man will say that Mr. A did noting wrong and thus did not and will not pay for any crime. But knowing that there is a reaction to every action is this true? No! The equation remains unbalanced because Mr. A did something – He thought about stealing—this thinking sets waves of currents into the world just like a mere movement of the mouth or the tongue sends waves of sound through the ear. If we didn’t have ears we might as well ereaneousely conclude that speaking produces no sound because we cannot hear the sound. After all the mouth and the brain are both physical organs, now what makes us think that the movement of the mouth induces waves while the movement of the brain (thinking) does nothing in our environments? This conclusion that thoughts are nothing and that one does not pay for thought, or the popular saying that "thoughts are free," is wrong and illogical.
Thus it is only logical to conclude that the thoughts that we produce effect our environment, it goes away from us and it reciprocally returned to us. It can harm others or be attracted by others but whatever, it will finally return to us (the producer).
Is this not Karma or the law of reciprocal action?

(Mr. B) In the case of Mr. B we see an equation with two unknowns, or two gaps. And we know that nature leaves no gaps and nothing unsolved. It is only logical to conclude that Mr. B will pay for his thoughts and also for his action (stealing) because these are two different things and each has its reciprocal action. The fact that Mr. B was not caught does net really matter in regards to the laws of nature. The Laws operate without fail even when nobody is around to witness it. Scientists know that the laws of nature were as much in effect as it is today before the existance of man.

(Mr. C) will also pay for his thoughts and actions. The fact that he went to jail does not remove any of the consequences of his action. Because being sent to jail is just a judgment done by man, which cannot change or annul the immutable laws of nature. Man cannot change or annul the laws of nature; even scientists have to study and comply with the laws of nature and the scientists have no say when it comes to the laws of nature.

So the law of reciprocal action is not just fantasy. It is real, we pay for what ever we think, do or say. Thus “God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.” If we understand the law of reciprocal action, then we can easily understand why we are told that “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man.” Because what ever proceeds from us will be reciprocally returned to us, be it good thoughts, good deeds, and good words.

In addition to this, we are spirits and every thing we do also has spiritual reciprocal effect. Although I cannot provide any scientific evidence about the existence of the Spirit for Science deals only with physical matter; the Spirit is not physical nor made up of physical matter. But for those of us who have experienced the non-physical and caring a living conviction in the existence of the spirit and the spiritual, we can only logically conclude that the same laws that operate in the physical world also operate in the non-physical worlds, including the spiritual world. Thus like the law of gravity, the law of reciprocal action is to be found in all parts of creation, from the highest heights to the lowest depths, this law, which bears love and justice within it, actually has its origin in THE CREATOR.

This is my perception. Please shear yours.
Re: A Scientific Look At The Law Of Reciprocal Action Or Karma. by Horus(m): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2009
The Moon has intervened in the potency of the laws of nature. The potency refers to the execution of the classic notion ‘what goes around comes around’,which was originally known as Gadur by Africans/Blacks/Nubians now known as Karma via Buddhism / Hindu. In other words it has helped extract opposing forces in the form of races and animals which in turn helped establish certain belief systems challenging cycles and orders within nature laws.

Source: http://www.aeoeonline.com/index.php?Itemid=91&catid=23&func=view&id=6216&option=com_fireboard

When we are under a belief system,we are creating a bad karma for us. We have to deal with Facts not Beliefs.
Africans are under a beliefs systems of the former colonial master and it is his belief system which keep the minds of Africans/Blacks/Nubian people imprisoned and their spiritual strength weak. As long as we Africans are allowing this, we will take all the bad karma of the former colonial master.
Re: A Scientific Look At The Law Of Reciprocal Action Or Karma. by seeklove: 4:42am On Mar 27, 2009
@justcool
Really an intresten post. There is nothing flawed in your resoning. Makes one question so many things.

I bet huxely will stay away from this one.
Re: A Scientific Look At The Law Of Reciprocal Action Or Karma. by justcool(m): 10:05pm On Mar 27, 2009
@seeklove

Thank you.
Re: A Scientific Look At The Law Of Reciprocal Action Or Karma. by seeklove: 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2009
How does this theory of "one must reap what he has sown" compromise with the theory of an all forgiving God. If man must reap what he has sown, then how is God all forgiving. Isn't God all loving and all forgiven?
I thought that when a man repents, all things he did in the past are forgiven and he becomes a new creature. Doesn't this annul the law of reciprocal action?
If man must reap what he has sown in the past, how come Jesus forgave some people's sin. Did Jesus annul the law of reciprocal action?

1 Like

Re: A Scientific Look At The Law Of Reciprocal Action Or Karma. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
seeklove: How does this theory of "one must reap what he has sown" compromise with the theory of an all forgiving God. If man must reap what he has sown, then how is God all forgiving. Isn't God all loving and all forgiven?
I thought that when a man repents, all things he did in the past are forgiven and he becomes a new creature. Doesn't this annul the law of reciprocal action?
If man must reap what he has sown in the past, how come Jesus forgave some people's sin. Did Jesus annul the law of reciprocal action?

^^^Nice question.

(1) (Reply)

Revealing The Illuminati / How Foreign Religions Ruined Our Societies / Photo: Is Gay Practice Sin? Is It Inborn Or Adopted Lifestyle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.