Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,499 members, 7,850,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! (6896 Views)

Zade Int Is Blazing (new Music Release ) / Yung6ix Is Blazing Men! / M.i.p Is Blazing The Channel O Charts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Raymand(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2006
THEY BROKE THE RECORD YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY tongue
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by skima(m): 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2006
They brokeit!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by rayz101(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2006
ya, am happy that they finaly make it, but it happen to be that is only one one woman standing.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2006
Am I the only one here that thinks this is one insignificant world record? I checked the entire Guinness World Record website and found no mention of this event or a Danceathon category. Even a Google search of the former world record produced nothing. Someone, pls tell me am wrong.

Please, do not get me wrong here - I am not questioning the entertainment value of this event or the amazing endurance of our fellow nigerians.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by segedoo(m): 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2006
na wao.
how much money wa at stake?
kudos to those fellas o. never doubt the power of the human spirit o.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 03, 2006
grin shocked shocked shocked O boy they broke the record ? what record, nigeria and their ojoro, how come they have to let them to go to bed for 1hr, it not meant to be so, it shld have been that they would not sleep,eat,nor drink so we will know they really worked that is out of it i can do it too if it is like that rubbish record.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Seun(m): 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2006
Am I the only one here that thinks this is one insignificant world record?
The significance of a world record is determined by the attention that people pay to it.
And we are giving this one a lot of attention on this forum, aren't we? wink
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by KOSOKO(m): 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2006
I thinK d silverbird group are jst cheats hw much wud it be paid if sum1 4rm d wstern world broke it again?i tink d new world record is worth more than d money placed on it!!!!i and if d deal from guines is spilled in d open then silverbird group wud be coined rippers definately
[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by lafile(m): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2006
the category is longest dance party. whether they slept or not the party continued abi? naija carry go!!! the most important thing to me is that they determined to do somthing good and they did it. very un-nigerian.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Ndi(f): 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2006
@ glessor

You are not wrong, i checked the website upside down, nothing like the danceathon on the Guiness Book Records, i even saw there that somebody danced for 100hrs, so if we have somebody that danced for 100hrs how can our less than 602hrs enter the GBR.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Mula(f): 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2006
Dancing theirselves to death just for a few dollar
what's this world coming to
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by dblock(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2006
I don't really see breaking Guiness records as anything big because practically anyone can get into the book nowadays i'd rather break a more deacent record like the 100m record although that would also lead me into the books -----------peace-------- cool
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Seun(m): 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2006
Here's the world record they broke:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/content_pages/record.asp?recordid=53535

Ok, I guess the five minute breaks would fall under the rules of a dance party.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by otokx(m): 5:03am On Oct 04, 2006
no comments
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by diyobdw(f): 7:19am On Oct 04, 2006
It was game worth playing and i didnt believe enough chicks could last that long,
I found the concept intresting ,and so was the event Esp the ZERBA team tactics.

They showed that "team" has no "I" in it; together we can make things work even when the same goals is at stake.
[center]Our politician and religion fanatics should learn from that! angry[/center]

to KAFY- Thumbs up girl! grin(the last woman standing)
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by bolaoni(m): 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2006
Me think there is an important lesson to learn from this feat. I discovered the lesson while brooding on the event and the record broken.

I just made a post on my website/blog on the lesson I thought we all need to learn from this Danceathon.

Visit: www.naijamotivation to read the post.

It is KINDDA LONG SHA

NIGERIA WILL SURELY BE GREAT!
wink
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Inakpiti(m): 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2006
Me I no fit do wetin those guys do o but I hail dem sha becos no be small tin. my people say elephant pass make you talk say ebe like say something pass by. Wetin det vex me angry angry angry for de mata be d tashere moni wey dem com dash dem to buy puff puff. sadWetin dem do be to put awa country for stout record, Guness& Stout, no be same tin?) Dem come dash kulikuli moni and one phone wen be say by d end of next week e don be old skull. I no believe say d people wey oganise dat tin no colekt plenty moni for regisrashon and from d sponsor sef. Na dem go shop d gbem for the whole tin, afta we go talk say our govanors and feepee dey tiff moni. I beg korect me somebodi.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Inakpiti(m): 3:24pm On Oct 04, 2006
Me I no fit do wetin those guys do o but I hail dem sha becos no be small tin. my people say elephant pass make you talk say ebe like say something pass by. Wetin dey vex me angry angry angry for de mata be d tashere moni wey dem com dash dem to buy puff puff.  sadWetin dem do be to put awa country for stout record, Guness& Stout, no be same tin?) Dem come dash kulikuli moni and one phone wen be say by d end of next week e don be old skull. I no believe say d people wey oganise dat tin no colekt plenty moni for regisrashon and from d sponsor sef. Na dem go shop d gbem for the whole tin, afta we go talk say our govanors and feepee dey tiff moni. I beg korect me somebodi.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Christino(m): 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2006
Wow! I'm so excited! grin I hope we'll see more of Nigeria in this great book soon. Whoever thinks the record is dust needs to be checked angry
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Saddam: 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2006
Alhaji Seun

Hw now?
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by diyobdw(f): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2006
The last man standing- N1.5M
The last group stand (30 member) -N2.5M

Am sure to start a wonderfull biz in nigeria with those figure is no yams!
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by mekoyo(m): 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2006
We broke the record. great performances from the contestants.
nice work silverbird.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by deb(m): 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2006
And the record was broken wink

What a great nation we are.

United we stand divided we fall.

Kudos to Silverbird.
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by rhamz: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2006
wink wink winkcongrats 2 all those dat broke d record smiley smiley wink smiley smileyand bigger congrats 2 kafayat (Kaffi) for setting d new record. u ave made us proud by doing wat u enjoy doing(Dancing) , although not for dis long o, Big up girl!!!! wink wink
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by Ladwilliam(m): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2006
Omo girl, kaffey, u bi de very babe. was up till the weee hours of monday the 2nd of October watching and waiting for the final outcome. kaffey, you did Naija well. keep it up!!! and that you shared your >N1m booty with the rest of thee Zebras Gosh, Kaffey, where have you been all my life?
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by layi(m): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2006
i hope she actually shared the 1M with her students. Anyway i love her to bits and am considering joining her Imagneto School of Dancers and Choreographers
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by tripdizle(m): 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2006
Actually on the day they started i also danced along wit them from 12am to 6am,it's not easy,but i already had the faith nigerians that particpated would break the record and even set another record.The leader of the white group really motivated her group members,i guess thats why they turn out to be the last group wit most members still dancing after they broke the record.Nigerians are to much grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by freaskie(m): 5:57am On Oct 14, 2006
It was all arrarnged right from top to bottom. From the collection of forms, to the marathon also to danceathon itself. I wonder when we will stop all these in Nigeria. But all the same, we got in the Guinness World Records. And I'm happy dance is getting some more attention in NIgeria. It's about the best form of entertainment! CERTAINLY!
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by diyobdw(f): 7:43am On Oct 17, 2006
freaskie:

[b]It was all arrarnged right from top to bottom. From the collection of forms, to the marathon also to danceathon itself. [/b]I
How do you mean?
Re: Nokia Silverbird Danceathon Is Blazing Hot! by freaskie(m): 1:10am On Oct 18, 2006
diyobdw:

How do you mean?

Well "diobdw", I'm sorry I can't say what I know publicly. But let me say this - at least 6 people out of last seven people are all members of Kaffy's group (the last girl standing). Meaning the last girl standing, Kaffy is their boss so they just had to give way for her. All the people that dropped never looked tired. Some of them actually hugged her and bounced out of the competition.

I can't say more than this for now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saudi - D.R.U.G.S Inc [ALBUM] Zip Download / Some lil Bit of "Jiggle it, Jiggle it" dance songs! / Pls,wat's D Name Of D Congolese Artiste Dat Sang D Alhaji Song?someone Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.