Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? (2012 Views)

Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) / "Igbos And Yorubas Are Embarrasing Nigeria" - Verified Fulani Twitter User Says / Hausas Clash With Igbos In Akowa, Imo State - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by influenz: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2015
Almost on daily basis Igbos and Yorubas must clash on NairaLand as if that is what some people wake up each day to do. Truth be told, whether you are fighting because on some harsh comments meted on your late leaders (I dont want to mention names) or just because some say something sensitive about your tribe does not necessarily warrant such level hatred and tribal attacks.

We all need each other to see life through.... Why not pray for each other.

Fact: If it is well with one region in Nigeria, it will definitely rub off on other regions.

Lets preach love. I AM NOT AN IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA... I AM A NIGERIAN.

2 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Hawlahscho(m): 9:05am On Aug 18, 2015
This is not enough to stop them from tribe 'jingoism'.

WELL SAID THOUGH
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by horexy(f): 9:06am On Aug 18, 2015
cheesy
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by estyvino(m): 9:06am On Aug 18, 2015
Pathetic
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Holyfield1(m): 9:07am On Aug 18, 2015
Igbos are always the cause of the problem,the Yorubas' are peaceful with everybody....No doubt, But my igbo brothers na them get wahala pass.....Quote me only if u have seen an Igbo Man marrying a Hausa woman

7 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by loomer: 9:07am On Aug 18, 2015
Again?
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by estyvino(m): 9:09am On Aug 18, 2015
influenz:

ets preach love. I AM NOT AN IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA... I AM A NIGERIAN.

You had me rethink of becoming a Nigerian again
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by influenz: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2015
I understand your feelings. But instead of seeing the bad, have you taken time too see the good in these group of people?
Holyfield1:
Igbos are always the cause of the problem,the Yorubas' are peaceful with everybody....No doubt, But my igbo brothers na them get wahala pass.....Quote me only if u have seen an Igbo Man marrying a Hausa woman

2 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 18, 2015
Holyfield1:

See them!

6 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Holyfield1(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2015
influenz:
I understand your feelings. But instead of seeing the bad, have you taken time too see the good in these group of people?
Of course yes...I have Igbo friends...infact my best friend is Igbo buh their attitudes when vexed z just too ignominy,We bound to disagree yes,I know buh sometimes we disagree to agree....Dis isn't applicable to the Igbos I've met so far

1 Like

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 18, 2015
Whatever

Nigeria is a lagoon

Hell hole country

This is my professional take

7 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Holyfield1(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2015
influenz:
Of course yes...I have Igbo friends...infact my best friend is Igbo buh their attitudes when vexed z just too ignominy,We bound to disagree yes,I know buh sometimes we disagree to agree....Dis isn't applicable to the Igbos I've met so far...They wouldn't hesitate to hit u first should any slight disagreement escalate
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by nnachukz(m): 9:17am On Aug 18, 2015
My brother, nothing o, we are brothers and sisters from different mothers but the same father. Sometimes we fight for superiority but the fight doesn't go to the bone. What happens between an Igbo and a Yoruba can still happen between an Igbo and a fellow Igbo. So it is not a tribe matter as we always make it look like, just occasional misunderstandings. After all the yabbings here, my best friend still remains Tayo. Same applies to most of us here.
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Holyfield1(m): 9:18am On Aug 18, 2015
Oyind17:

See them!
Them what....
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 9:23am On Aug 18, 2015
The ibos hatred for the yorubas has been since the creation of Nigeria. Despite the graciousness the yorubas have shown the ibos, the ibos still hate them. Nowhere in Nigeria have the ibos enjoyed political, economic and social benefit than in yorubaland, yet the ibos still hate them.

8 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 18, 2015
Holyfield1:
Them what....

Them f00ls
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by influenz: 9:28am On Aug 18, 2015
Even if it has been like that, a little effort from you can make a difference. You can be the difference we need in Nigeria. God bless you.
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
The ibos hatred for the yorubas has been since the creation of Nigeria. Despite the graciousness the yorubas have shown the ibos, the ibos still hate them. Nowhere in Nigeria have the ibos enjoyed political, economic and social benefit than in yorubaland, yet the ibos still hate them.

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 18, 2015
Holyfield1:
Them what....

E-warriors
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Holyfield1(m): 9:32am On Aug 18, 2015
hmmmm
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Holyfield1(m): 9:34am On Aug 18, 2015
HeartRobber:
I am a mad man
I know already
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by ibedun: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2015
I grew up with Igbo people and loved them.........thirty years on I hate them with a passion and I will make sure they are driven out of Yoruba land. That is my objective and life goal. This is what happens anywhere there is mass migration. Their continued obsession with our land is an unmitigated threat that must be crushed, I mean CRUSHED!!!! before things get out of hands.

9 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by dangerous01(m): 9:37am On Aug 18, 2015
THE YELLOW BARS WNT LIkE DS THREAD ND D IGBO WAILLERS WIIL STIl WaIl
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 18, 2015
Holyfield1:
me too, even my parents grin
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by influenz: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2015
And how do you hope to achieve this?
See it this way, do you think your objectives is justified when you have people of your tribe living in other people's state, country and land?
ibedun:
I grew up with Igbo people and loved them.........thirty years on I hate them with a passion and I will make sure they are driven out of Yoruba land. That is my objective and life goal. This is what happens anywhere there is mass migration. Their continued obsession with our land is an unmitigated threat that must be crushed, I mean CRUSHED!!!! before things get out of hands.
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by asha80(m): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2015
ibedun:
internet noise maker

8 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by sweetgala(m): 9:45am On Aug 18, 2015
I've come to realise that for many years the vast majority of Yoruba never thought they were in competition with the Igbo, they just went about their business , few skirmishes here and there but no intent or agenda on the Igbo matter.

The Igbo I don't think same, a good amount had some scorn for the Yoruba "traitors" , it was they who were burnt by the fires of the civil war, it can be expected for the looser to feel in such a way. Lately thou the Igbo have awoken the Yoruba vs Igbo contest with a constant bickering, use of threat, false propaganda and the PDP brand of ethnic politics made visible under GEJ.

You see the result in a usually more calm indifferent Yoruba being more hostile and suspicious, and even an Oba saying what should otherwise remain unspoken.

8 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by DeltahArmy(m): 9:47am On Aug 18, 2015
Its pathetic that we don't see ourselves as one in this country. The hate is too much, a Yoruba man thinks he is better than the Igbo man, and the Igbo man doesn't give a damn about what happens to his Yoruba neighbor. This is just not acceptable, no matter what, let's think the country first. Our diversity is our strength. The government also needs to carry everyone along so that no ethnic group will feel marginalized.

2 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 9:47am On Aug 18, 2015
influenz:
Even if it has been like that, a little effort from you can make a difference. You can be the difference we need in Nigeria. God bless you.
what else do you want the yorubas to do? The more love we show them, the more they intensify their hatred towards us.

5 Likes

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by influenz: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2015
Must we repeat the mistakes made in the past? The catalyst for unprecedented growth is peaceful co-existence. And peaceful co-existence can only be when there is love. Lets no see see love as an option, but as the only way.
sweetgala:
I've come to realise that for many years the vast majority of Yoruba never thought they were in competition with the Igbo, they just went about their business , few skirmishes here and there but no intent or agenda on the Igbo matter.

The Igbo I don't think same, a good amount had some scorn for the Yoruba "traitors" , it was they who were burnt by the fires of the civil war, it can be expected for the looser to feel in such a way. Lately thou the Igbo have awoken the Yoruba vs Igbo contest with a constant bickering, use of threat, false propaganda and the PDP brand of ethnic politics made visible under GEJ.

You see the result in a usually more calm indifferent Yoruba being more hostile and suspicious, and even an Oba saying what should otherwise remain unspoken.

1 Like

Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by sweetgala(m): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2015
influenz:
Must we repeat the mistakes made in the past? The catalyst for unprecedented growth is peaceful co-existence. And peaceful co-existence can only be when there is love. Lets no see see love as an option, but as the only way.

Very true, unfortunately we wasted the SNC opportunity , it was poorly composed, GEJ felt to balance the loopsided North/south question it was best to cheat the North. You can't fix a problem with a flawed solution.

We spent too much money on the SNC and I don't advise to implement all the resolutions, at best some. I doubt the APC have the finances or sincere interest in honouring recommendation of the SNC
Re: What Is All These With Igbos And Yorubas? by influenz: 10:03am On Aug 18, 2015
Please extremism is no welcome here.
alabiafra10:
yorrobbers are criminals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What Is Yoruba Name For Lagos / Muhammadu Sanusi II In Abuja Today Pictures / Breaking News!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.